Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
pansexual
Wand
Knotted 13" Rigid Redwood Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Professor Norton Gillespie had quite the ring to it. He had never thought he would be, but the opportunity had arisen when he'd been between projects, and it just made sense. Norton had studied astronomy extensively, he'd studied under a professional magical astronomer, had studied astronomy at a local muggle university, and now as a fully fledged astronomer, he knew he lacked the ability to teach himself. So, now here he found himself for at least the semester. It had been seven years since he'd graduated, a whole school cycle, anyone who had been in first year when he'd been in seventh year would be gone. But it wasn't a place without familiar faces, and it helped that his father in law was the current headmaster, but really nothing had changed. But Norton was back and of course the first place he was seeing was the only place he hadn't been allowed to go into during his time at the school. The Professor's Common room. It was fairly standard really, he'd been in many rooms just like this, but the novelty of it still felt...odd. Like he was sure any minute a professor would open the door and give him into trouble.

Mallory didn't often go to the Professors common room, but she was feeling a bit more tired that day and wanted a bit of a change, so she walked in with a new book tucked in her arm. She was surprised to see someone there, and smiled warmly. "Hello! You're the new Astronomy professor, yes?" She greeted, moving to sit at one of the comfortable couches. She settled in, tucking her feet up under her before turning her eyes back to the man. He looked to be about her age, and she couldn't help but feel grateful to see someone else so close to her in age in a teaching position.

Norton glanced around as someone entered the professor's common room. He was somewhat relieved that it wasn't one of the professor's who taught him. She didn't seem too much older than him. "Yeah, one of them. Norton," he introduced and moved over to hold out his hand to her. "I'm the upper years astronomy," he said, not sure if she needed the clarification. "What do you teach?" he asked. He wasn't sure he could spot from her book which class it was that she taught.

Mallory smiled, shifting so she could shake his hand. "Mallory. Charms, first through fourth." She told him, before patting the spot beside her. "Why don't you sit down? It's nice to see someone my age around here," She teased gently. "I love Misha to death, but goodness if he couldn't be my father," She laughed, finding it a bit amusing. She would love to have someone like Misha as her father. But that was neither her nor there. For now, she turned her attention to the young man, smiling warmly.

Norton greeted her with a smile. Mallory, charms. He took a seat and gave a little laugh, "Unfortunately I'll only be here a semester," he replied. Knowing that this would likely be something she already knew but it was just worth repeating. He gave a little laugh. "Professor Haden is still here?" Norton replied with a little bemusement and a little laugh. He'd only graduate seven years before but Professor Haden...Misha had been his professor and been there whenever he had been there. "You didn't go here did you?" he was sure he'd remember her if she had.

Mallory nodded thoughtfully as the man said he'd only be there for a semester. "Well, I'm sure it will be an experience all the same," She offered with a smile. She laughed lightly and nodded at his words. "Oh yes, Misha has been here for quite some time I take it?" She asked him. At his question, she shook her head. "Oh, no, I had private tutoring at my home in Russia," She offered simply. "Did you go to school here?" She returned the question, even if she thought she already knew the answer.

Norton nodded in warm agreement, "That's partly why I applied, some day I'll probably take on an apprentice and it would be good to know a little about teaching before I do so," he told her. he'd bene an apprentice too, and this was the way to do it. He nodded, "A long while. He was here my entire schooling," Norton told her. He wondered what private schooling was like but was glad he hadn't had that. "Yeah, me and my sister, it was good. This place was good to me. My fiancée is the head master's daughter," he told her with a little laugh. "What's it like teaching here?" he asked, he'd learn soon enough what it was like but was keen to hear from her what it was like.

Mallory smiled. That was a lovely thought, to have an apprentice. "Oh, he has been around," She giggled, teasing her elder colleague slightly. Her eyes lit up when he mentioned she was engaged. "Oh, goodness, you're engaged? How lovely!" She clapped her hands together, smiling brightly. "She must be absolutely charming, I wish you all the best," She gushed, before giggling shyly. "Oh, I'm sorry, don't mind me. I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic," She told him, brushing her hair back. "Weddings are just so lovely, don't you think?" She sighed happily. At his question, she tried to focus, giggling again. "Oh, it's wonderful. There are grumpy students, of course, and plenty of those who don't like you. But it's worth it, seeing them grow and learn and live their lives." She sighed happily.

Norton could agree that the old professor haden had been around a while, maybe not as long as a few of the others, but without Professor Styx then perhaps not. He gave a little shy smile and nodded, he hadn't expected such a reaction from this woman about that, but it was explained rather easily. He didn't feel as keen on weddings as she was, but he thought they were fun. ”They can be good fun,” he agreed, he was sure his own wedding would be fun, but it wouldn't be the only fun thing of it, they'd then have a whole life together. ”That sounds nice, I was obviously on the other side of it being a student here, so I'm interested in how it feels to be on this side,”

Mallory took a deep breath, calming herself down. "I'm sorry, my cousin plans wedding professionally and it's always just fascinated me," She told him with a sheepish grin. "I'm glad you get that experience, and that you now get to experience the other side of things here," She told him, tucking her hair behind her ear. "It's definitely been quite the journey for me," She smiled at him.

Norton was quite surprised by her cousin being a wedding planner and gave a little smile, ”How expensive is it to hire your cousin? “ he asked. It would be useful and though they probably didn't need one, he couldn't help but think it also wouldn't hurt to check how much it would be. He wondered what she meant by quite the journey, but also could imagine that she didn't exactly want to spill her whole life to Norton, a man she'd just met. ”Well, I'm glad you're here, I never had you as a professor, but you seem really fun,”

Mallory smiled at his question. "Oh, I don't know much about pricing, but I know the consultations are free. I'm sure I could talk Tyra into giving you a good bargain..." She mused. "Kira went to school here, so there's that as well, they're always big on community... I know they host weddings at the Inn as well, and offer honeymoon deals for rooms and things." She laughed lightly and shook her head. "Oh, don't mind me." She smiled as he spoke again, laughing lightly and tucking her hair behind her ear. "Thank you, now if only all of my students thought the same way," She teased him gently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back