Winnie Calida

Queen Bee

Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Wand
Curved 17 Inch Unyielding Laurel Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Winnie had one last professor she was seeking to meet this semester. He hadn't been at his office when she'd first checked this floor but she hoped he would be now. She was very keen to make this last introduction and then move on, make sure that she was doing something a little more fun. Defence Against the dark arts was a class she was actually feeling keen about. She knew it would be good to learn more about how to be good at fighting magic. She knocked on the door to Professor Waldgrave's office and waited to see if he was actually in.

Noel was sitting in his office, he prepared himself for the new year. He had an conversation with James about the fourth years classes. And although he disagreed with most of the part he wanted to have a good look at some parts, which made him think a bit more. But than someone knocked on the door and he looked up. '' Yes? Come in.'' He than said and let the person open the door for themselves. Putting down his prepration for a moment.

Winnie heard the professor welcome her in, and she opened the door and walked into the office. The office was nice, and the man at the desk was pretty young, younger than the flying and history professor but likely about the same age as the astronomy professor. "Hi, Professor Waldgrave, I'm Winnie, I'm in your class this semester, and I just had a couple of questions, if you have a moment?" she said, "I'm just keen to be well prepared for your class, sir,"

Noel saw the door opening of his office and there stood an young girl he didn´t believed he had in class. He was kind of good in remembering faces. Although in a vague way she seemed familliar, but he couldn´t tell why. He gave the girl an friendly smile. She explained what she came to do and he was glad she just got on with it, straightforward what she came to do. She seemed eager and he could appreciate that. " Hello Winnie. Please have a seat.'' He answered her and made an gesture to the chair in front of him. He didn't mind making time for students, he had enough time to be prepared for the new year. '' Welcome to Hogwarts, I believe. How are you finding it so far?'' He than asked her. And made some room on his desk, putting some papers away. '' So what did you want to ask?'' The professor than replied.

Winnie took the seat at the man's desk as he allowed her to. "Thank you, sir," she said politely. She smoothed down her skirt as she sat and then met the professor's gaze. She gave a smile, a polite smile. She hadn't really been at the school too long, and her adventures so far had largely been to the offices of her professors. "I am enjoying it, looking forward to getting stuck in with some magic and learning," she said with a polite tone. "Yes, sir, I just really want to do well, Defence Against the Dark Arts is arguably the most important class we do at school. Are there any books you would recommend reading ahead of time? Anything you'd recommend studying? The best ways to prepare for your class? Anyway for me to ensure I make the most of out of the class, sir," she asked.

The girl sat down in the chair in front of him and Noel wondered which kind of questions she had. And what her intentions were. He listened to her answer and gave an friendly smile back. She seemed very serious in what she wanted and he had no problems in helping out an eager student. He always liked to hear the importance of his class and agreed with her. He himself had liked it the most too as an student back than. '' Well Winnie. It's always good to see an eager and excited student. I'm glad you are looking forward to my class.'' He than said. And than nodded. '' Well a good book for first years is The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble.'' he than said. She might already had it if she was prepared. He than moved with his hand and poured in a cup of tea for himself. And offered another one to Minnie. Making it float to her so she could decide if she liked.

Winnie gave a polite smile and nod, she could admit of all the classes whose professors she had been to, this was the one she was lying least in when she said she was looking forward to it. She had the book he talked about and nodded lightly at the tea and took it. Giving a little sip. "I have that one, I've given it a bit of a skim and though I think people favour stupefy as a offensive spell, I do think petrificus totalus is a better spell," she said, flexing the little amount of knowledge she had about the book, about the spells within it, and not really the dark forces.

Glad she took the tea he offered he hoped to make sure she was feeling comfertable. But it didn't seemed like she had trouble with that. She already had the book obviously and he gave an nod. He smiled shortly as she was given her opinion about which she felt was the better spell. '' And why is that?'' He asked her, wondering if she could explain her opinion about this. It was an advanced spell for first years, but she seemed to want to get it. An ambitious Slytherin like he knew June was too. He than answered with an friendly smile. '' They are both very effective for dueling.'' he said.

Winnie sipped her tea and considered how best to answer the question that he had. She had an answer for it, but really wasn't sure it would be the right thing to actually stay to a professor. "Well, yes, both are great for duelling, but, I believe the latter, is a...punchier spell, you'd be more likely to remember someone who makes your freeze but still aware, than someone who stuns you," she said with a little smile. "I am a Slytherin, professor," she said softly, "I am ambitious and I would like to achieve very highly, one can only do that if they are also being remembered,"

If someone was eager he now wanted to see how she would feel about some subjects and was curious why people thought the way they did. He didn't had favorite students, but obviously he prefered the hard working ones. Perhaps even the Gryffindors who tried everything in class, and were adventurous with trying stuff out. But he liked watching the young ones grow up, his previous fourth years were now fifth and he wouldn't teach them anymore. He had to smile for an moment, this young kid seemed to want to make an big impression. '' I can see.'' He said with an smile. ''Well there is nothing wrong with that.'' He added towards it. As long as she was willing to work together with others too and in a respectible way. He figured Professor Castillo would prefer such an student too, his cousin June was like that too and she wore an prefect badge now he had heard.'' I'm looking forward to see you grow here Minnie.. uh I'm sorry I mean Winnie.'' He said, the names were familliar. '' Was there anything else I can help you with?'' He asked her, otherwise he would continue with his work.

Winnie gave a little smile, and nodded, she didn't want professors to think wrong of her, but she also knew what she was and there was nothing wrong with being a slytherin, or thinking in certain ways. She frowned a little at the slip of her name. Minnie and Winnie were close together, but the slip felt...more than just forgetting who she was.."Oh no, that was all Professor, I just wanted to introduce myself, get advice and then take up no more of your time," she said, finishing the tea he'd given her, and looking to place it back down.

He gave the girl an friendly smile and he saw her finishing the tea. He nodded shortly. '' It's nice to meet you. Winnie'' he said this time right. And let her finish up, he looked forward to seeing her in class and was curious how she would do. '' If there's anything I can help you with, my door is usually always open.'' He said with an small smile. Making sure he was available for any student that needed help. Not only in class but also to grow as persons.

Winnie gave a smile, knowing the man had gone out of his way to get her name right that time. She just gave a little nod. She put down the cup and then stood up. "Thank you professor, that's very kind," she said. "Have a nice day, sir," she then said before she headed out of the man's office, thinking she'd had a pretty successful day meeting her professors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back