Defense Practice

Kailey Harrington

OOC First Name
Kelsey
Wand
12 1/2" Firm Fir Wand with the essence of Dragon Heartstring
Kailey walked up thw many flights of stairs to the 7th floor corridor. This was where the room of requirements used to be so it only made sense that the dummies would be here too. She looked around then saw them, Three dummies standing in a line about 3 foot apart from each other. "So here they are."

CLOSED EXCEPT FOR ME AND ANDY!
<i></i>

"They're ghastly looking things aren't they?" Andy looked at the dummies that seemed to be made of old wood and metal. They're faces were in strange masks and a mark was carved into the stomach area like a bulls eye. The dummies had hands and in one of their hands was a wand.
Andy looked and then turned to Kailey.
"You mean they really do react, they've been charmed right?" Andy looked back at them and thought wow!

"Well, Thats what Professor King said last year. I'll test it." Kailey said getting out her wand "Petrificus totalus!" she cried and pointed her wand at the dummie in the middle with a quick flick of her wrist. It's old metal 'Arms' and metal 'legs' sprang right to it's sides with a snapping noise and it fell back hitting the stone floor with a loud thud. Kailey then walked over to it. "Finite" I immediatly sprang back to it's original postition as if nothing had happened. She walked back over to Andromeda, "From what I just saw I'd say the do react accurately." Kailey said remembering how Katie Lovegood reacted to it during their duel.

Andromeda's jaw dropped big time.
"That was amazing!" she gushed to Kailey, "Ok, explain the intricasies of finite for me because Professor King wasn't very clear in class. I like doing the spell and all but I like knowing about it as well - you know the theory. And hello what was that first spell?"

Andromeda looked at the old dummie and shook her head in bewilderment.

"Well, there's not much to explain with finite. You can use it to undo any spell except Avada Kedavra. The catch is that if you want to end it you need to be able to cast it. Like say if one of the third years cast 'Serpinsortia.' I wouldn't be able to end it because I can't cast that spell. As for the first spell, That was Petrificus totalus, in other words a full body bind. I learned it at the end of last year." Kailey explained

"Ok I got that it can only be used to end what i can already do", Andy felt alot better about the spell now, she looked at Kailey, "this petrificus totalus spell that's a first year spell or an older student taught you? like you're going to teach me?"
She smiled.

Kailey smiled "You can learn it in first year but not every first year can do it.It's been basically labeled a spell for advanced first years. I'll try to teach you though." she said

Andy gave Kailey her biggest smile.
"Thanks Kailey that'd be great, really thanks!" she gushed enthusaistically.

She turned back to the dummies and smiling at them said,
"Prepare to be anniliated!"

Kailey smiled "No problem Andy." she replied "So do you want to practice some of the ones you already know first or what?"

"Yeah, that'd be good. I guess if I do the stupefy and undo it with the finite. Does that sound ok?" She asked Kailey, "at least if you're doing the same thing to the dummy beside mine, I'll know if i'm doing it right or not."

"Sure, That sounds good." Kailey said

Andromeda took a few steps back and faced one of the dummies, she held her wand up to her face before lowering it and with a swish and flick saying the incantation.

"STOO-puh-fye".

The dummy rattled as it was hit with the bolt of light that had shot from Andromeda's wand but her spell hadn't been strong enough to do any real damage.

She turned to Kailey and grimaced.
"Still needs work huh? Can you see if I'm doing anything wrong?"

"You seem to be doing the wand movement and the pronounciation right. Let me double check though." Kailey did exactly what Andy had done and the dummy rattled forcefully and fell back against the cold stone floor. She walked over to it "Finite" she said with her wand pointed at it. It instantly sprang back to life once more. "Practice makes perfect I guess." Kailey said

Andy watched as Kailey performed a perfect stunning spell as if it were the most natural thing in the world. Well, someday it will be the same for me she thought.
Never one to give up Andy took her stance again and held her wand as she saw Kailey do.

She repeated the wand movement and the spell. This time she seemed to be more aware of what she said and was definitly more determined.

The dummy went flying back against the wall from one bolt of red lightning.

Andy smiled at Kailey.
"About time huh? Right I guess it's the finite now huh?"

"Good job!" Kailey exclaimed at the sight at such a good stunning spell. "Finite it is." she replied

"Well, I think you can do either of them. I say Finite but I think it depends on the person." Kailey replied

"Ok Kailey" Andy smiled then as she flicked her wand and said the finite spell. At first nothing happened but Andromeda did not let herself get discouraged. She took a deep breath then tried again.

This time the dummy shot back up into standing position as if he never fell.
"I did it. Did you see that!" Andy jumped about for joy and gave Kailey a hug, "I did Kailey thank you thank you thank you!"

"Yeah I saw!" Kailey exclaimed "No problem Andy." she replied to the thanks

Andy felt the adrenaline rush through her after getting the spell right. It felt great.
"Kailey thank you so much. What next?" she smiled then realising something she turned seriously to Kailey and said, "My goodness, I'm probably keeping you from something else aren't I?"

"Nope, I never plan small things in advance. Because you never know when something randomly pops up to do and you can't because you'd be missing what you'd planned." Kailey explained "Weird way of looking at it I know but thats just how I think. Do you want to attempt Petrificus Totalus next?"

"Goodness gracious bobkins and bumbleworths! Do I ever!" Andromeda gasped delighted that Kailey thought she was ready for that kind of spell.
"I'll watch you first or maybe twice to be on the safe side".

Andromeda stood back out of the way and waited for Kailey to do her thing.

"Okay then Andy." Kailey replied "Petrificus totalus!" she cried and pointed her wand at the dummie in the middle with a quick flick of her wrist. It's old arms ansd legssprang right to it's sides with a loud snapping noise and it fell back hitting the stone floor with a loud thud. Kailey then walked over to it. "Finite" I immediatly sprang back to it's original postition as if nothing had happened. "You want to see again or do you think you can do it?"

"Okay." kailey said before raising her wand once more. She gave it a quick flick of her wrist and yelled "Petrificus Totalus!" and the dummy once again snapped together and fell back almost as if getting used to the routine. She once again cast finite and it sprang back to life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back