Deep in Thought.

Alice Derland

Alice wandered from the Memorial Service to the Lawn and sat under her favourite Maple Tree. She stared into the distance thinking about all that had happened in the past week. She should write her mother and tell her but she just didn't have the energy or will to. The Borley may have taken Anastasia but it also took a little of Alice as well. She wasn't the naive 12yr old she was when she first got to Hogwarts and she hated the change.

How was this going to affect the rest of her year here?

Courtney was going for a walk along the lawn when she noticed Alice perched under a tree. She felt bad for leaving her in the mansion with the others, and had never gotten the chance to apologize.

"Hey, whats with the long face?" She asked, half smiling.

"Oh hi Courtney" Alice gave a smile, the best she could. "I just came from the memorial service for Anastasia. It was depressing to say the least. I wish I'd known her better...maybe I could have convinced her to stay out of the Mansion if I had."

Alice picked at the grass in front of her and stared ahead.

Courtney frowned. She felt partially responsible for what had happened in the mansion. "It wasn't your fault. If anything I should be the one to blame. We ran out and just left you guys in there. I mean, I couldn't even bring myself to attend the memorial for her. I'm sorry."

She sat down beside Alice, "I think I have something that might cheer you up."

"I've spent days thinking about it and I don't think any of us are really at fault. We can only really blame that horrible house!" Alice gave a smile again to Courtney and touched her arm consolingly, "So what have you got that will cheer me up?"

Courtney pulled U-No-Poo out of her pocket. "I thought you might want to prank somebody with me."

Alice had heard about Courtney and Liz's infamous pranks. "What is that?" she said nervously, "and what does it do?" raising her eyebrow inquisitively at what Courtney had in her hand.

Courtney laughed. "I'm pretty sure it constipates the person we decide to give it to. Don't worry, these things always work out well."

"Someone who will take it well. What about Kale Thomas?" Courtney gave Alice a playful shove. "Come on, it will be fun."

((Sorry I've been out of commission for a few days))

Alice grinned and let out a small giggle. "I'm not sure, maybe....Okay, but are you sure he will take it well? If you can assure me he'll take it well then sure."

"Oh, I'm sure he will take it well. He won't blame it on you anyways, if he has any anger, it will be directed at me. But I was thinking it unfair to get only one boy. Do you think we should try to slip it to Bruin as well?" Courtney added with a laugh.

((Tis alright. :) ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back