Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 9 ½ Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
Katherine needed to decorate the hall for Halloween later that night. Everyone had finished lunch so it was mostly empty. She waved her wand at the ceiling and it turned into a night sky filled with bats. She pondered it for a minute, deciding if she should do anything different this year.

Kahurangi had always liked her boss, even if she found the woman intimidating at times. She clearly loved her job, and was dedicated to keeping Hogwarts running smoothly. After working with her on the Yule Ball last year she had been happy to volunteer again for Halloween, cobwebs hanging themselves from the sconces with a flick of her wand. "Planning a costume this year?" She asked the headmistress, still pleased that her group had won last year.

Katherine offered Kahurangi a light smile. "No, I think not. I need to be recognisable to the students at all times." She said. There'd be no masks or youth potions for her. "Will you be entering the contest again this year?" She inquired, thoughtfully waving her wand again to change the sky from black to red.

Kahurangi chuckled softly at Katherine's reason for not dressing up. "I suppose that's true, but there are costumes that don't conceal your face. I think you'd make a brilliant Morticia Adams." She said lightly, the candles hovering around her turning black with a quick flick of her wand. "I haven't decided yet, last year was a pretty mammoth effort."

"Thank you." Katherine said, though she couldn't be sure she saw it as a compliment. "It was quite an impressive collaboration, I will say. The students seemed to enjoy it." She continued. She imagined there was some novelty to students seeing their professors look so close to their own ages. She flicked her wand toward the walls, and they changed to display towering trees. "I had considered a "haunted forest" theme this year. It may well sate some of the students curiosity for our own forest." She suggested.

Kahurangi chuckled softly at Katherine's compliment, nodding slightly. "It was a lot of fun, though I felt a little bad for Mallory." She hadn't really thought of her much younger colleagues when planning the group. She perked up at the headmistress's suggestion, nodding. "That sounds like an excellent idea - though it might pique people's curiosity at the same time."

Katherine frowned as Kahurangi voiced her very same concerns. "Yes, that was my worry too." She agreed. "Though I can't say whether their curiosity could be piqued any further. We've had a handful of students already caught out of bounds this term." She sighed. At least Professor Maxwell had been doing his best to prove himself in the short time he'd been at the school.

Kahurangi snorted softly, unsurprised that the forest had been seeing a busy year. "Still, probably best not to tempt them further."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back