Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Renata <3
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Pear Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Eugene had gone to the electives fair, and it had given him a lot of things to think about. He knew he wanted to do music with his life, he didn't need to be famous but that was how he wanted to make a living, and he didn't know if any of these classes would really help him, or if they would be good. He liked the sound of muggle studies, if only because he figured he'd be good at it, but was that not a little silly, to do a class he was already very familiar with. The others seemed fine, but he had no idea what Arithmancy was and ancient runes...well....that seemed difficult..He'd ditched the fair after a while and had just grabbed his guitar and come outside. He'd walked all the way to sit right in front of the lake. There was a warmth in the air, but a decidedly autumnal air. Like they were mere days away from the temperature massively dipping. He start tuning the guitar, he knew this would be annoying for anyone sitting nearby and anyone looking for peace was about to be interrupted by Eugene's playing, but he didn't mind, had never minded.

When Nolan went to the electives fair earlier today, he had no idea what he wanted to do for his subjects. And when he left the fair, the boy still had no idea what subjects he wanted to do. The boy still wasn't even sure what he wanted to do when he left school, though the music had been one of the main goals of his career choice. He felt that he needed to clear his mind and go to the lake and play his guitar like he usually did when he needed to clear his mind or was just bored out of his mind.

He went back to his dorm to collect his guitar and made his way down towards the lake. Nolan was about to sit down in his usual spot when he had heard a guitar being tuned not that far down. He had become interested in who it was so he followed the sound of the guitar and smiled at who it was as he made his way to his friend. "Hey, dude! How are you doing? Mind if I join you?"

Eugene glanced up as he heard someone approach and gave Nolan a wide smile. "Cuz!" he said as he stopped playing before shaking his head and motioning for Nolan to join him. He noticed that his friend had his guitar, he was quite fortunate that he was in a dorm with people as interested in music as he was. "You wanna jam?" he asked given that he could imagine Nolan had come to play, now all they were lacking was Manaia. This was what they always did but it was always good fun so he wouldn't mind more of that.

Nolan smiled as Eugene had greeted him. He was happy to always have dormmates to jam with and who could play instruments with. "Sure, mate," Nolan says with a smile, as he made his way to his friend and sat next to him. Playing music was one of his favourite things to do, especially since the boy grew up playing music all throughout his life. "Did you have anything in mind?"

Eugene gave a little smile and shook his head. "Dunno bro, we could just practice or jam out to what we've practicing," being in a band with Nolan and Manaia was good fun. They hadn't quite found their total sound, but he didn't mind that. They could keep practicing and writing music "Or I've been working on a song if you wanna try jamming with that?" Eugene offered. It would be something to do that would be fun, he thought, he was always writing and playing music.

Nolan nodded at the options that his friend had offered. He smiles a little when Eugene had mentioned that he had made some music of his own. "That awesome bro! How's that going?" Nolan says with a small smile. He also had been doing some of his own music, especially during his break. He had his whole focus on his music during his break, being closed off in his room. Nolan thought for a moment about what they could do. "Hmm, I guess we could do some band stuff? And then maybe see what you're working on after?" Nolan says as he thought for a moment about the options.

Eugene gave a little smile, "I like writing music," was what he offered, he knew not everything he wrote was good and not everything he wrote he actually mananged to finish, but he was quite happy to just keep writing music. "Yeah! Band stuff first and then other stuff," he thought it would be better to not work on too much band stuff since Manaia wasn't there, but he wasn't sure how much the other boy would be up for practicing. Eugene played a chord and then took a moment to quickly tune the guitar before he played another chord from the song they'd been working on, they'd just be able to get started.

Nolan smiled a little as Eugene mentioned that he liked writing music. "I do too. It's something I do if I need to get away from something. Or if I just want to do some music, I guess" Nolan says with a chuckle. He always liked music. Either it would be him writing material, playing an instrument or even just listening to songs. The young Irish lad nodded and smiled as Eugene agreed to do some of the band stuff. Though he did feel a bit bad that Manaia wasn't here to join them. He had hoped that the boy was doing okay. As Eugene started a tune, Nolan soon followed in and started playing his tune and part of what they were working on.

Eugene nodded excitedly to Nolan's point, "Or just need to get some thoughts out my head," he said, sure good emotions helped him write more productively, but sometimes when he was upset it made him more creative, it just wasn't always the easiest to then pair that with written songs, and it was more difficult to finish them but he liked writing it anyway. "Is music what you wanna do?" he asked, as they started to play a tune, though it was a little difficult to talk and play at the same but give they were being asked to pick some classes it was something that was on his mind.

Nolan nods with agreement with what Eugene had said. Music was basically his escape if he didn't want to deal with the real world, and sometimes using music to get thoughts out of his head was always a great thing. He shrugged a little at Eugene's question. "I mean, It's on the list, I guess. I defiantly want to try and do something with music. But I don't think my mum will approve with the music idea" Nolan says with a small shake of his head and shrug. He had brought the music idea a couple of times to his mother, but all she would do is shake her head with disapproval and tell him that music wasn't a real job.

Eugene was a little curiuous about Nolan's plans post school, it was impossibly far away for them, but given they were picking classes he was just curious. It was odd to him that Nolan's wouldn't approve. "But you're amazing at music bro, doesn't she see that?" Eugene asked with a puzzled expression. He was sure, if his own mother was still alive she'd be pushing towards what he was passionate about. Music was everything to him and she'd always said that he needed to follow his heart. Eugene couldn't imagine other parents not telling their children the same.

Nolan smiled sadly, though what Eugene had said about him being amazing at music had boosted his happiness up a little. "Thanks, bro, that means a lot," Nolan says with a small chuckle. He sighed a little. "I dunno. She keeps saying it's a waste of time and it's not really gonna get me anywhere" Nolan says with a shrug. He did love his mum and understood where she was coming from. But music was a big part of his life. He was grateful for his father being supportive of him though. He wouldn't have learnt about music or playing the guitar without his father.

Eugene thought it insane that Nolan's mother wouldn't be more supportive, he could agree that she had a bit of a point, you need to be good to get anywhere, but Eugene knew that if you worked hard enough you could be good. He knew that Nolan was good and could work to be good enough. "My mother always said, as long as you work hard enough you'll get somewhere," he knew she'd always been talking about his music, that he needed to work to get somewhere with it, but knew if his passion had been something else she'd have said the same. "So we just gotta work hard,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back