Open Day One: Gotta Train

Fraser watched Conan catch the ball and cheered for him. When he tossed it went short, slipping a little, but Fraser just darted forward and grabbed it. He didn't mind. Not every throw would be good, even his own. "All good!" he said with a smile, not wanting Conan to feel bad about the throw. He got himself into a good position and tossed the quaffle to him.​

Conan was relieved when Fraser managed to catch the ball despite the bad throw. He would have felt worse if he made the other boy have to dive after it or anything. "Sorry, I'm really not good at this," he did have to apologize again, just because he felt like he had to. It was clear that Fraser was much better at this when he made another very easy to catch throw. This time, Conan concentrated on what he was doing, huffing slightly with effort as he passed the Quaffle back, actually managing to aim a little better this time.

Fraser shook his head at Conan, "It's okay!" he assured him with a smile, not wanting Conan to feel bad about not being very good at this, not everyone could be good at this. The Gryffindor caught the ball easily as Conan tossed it back and then gave him a moment before tossing back at him. Not rushing it, but giving the boy a little time, and making sure that he tossed the ball in a manner that it would be more easily caught.

Fraser might say that it was okay, but it didn't really feel like it. Conan was being absolutely terrible practice for the other boy right about now and wasn't being much of a challenge in the slightest. But he didn't apologize again, narrowing his eyes and concentrating on the quaffle as it was tossed back. Once more it was easy and catch and Conan sighed a little. "You must have been playing Quidditch for ages," he offered, sticking his tongue out in concentration as he made another attempt to pass it back, "You have good aim."

Fraser caught the ball as it was tossed back to him. "My dad's a quidditch player and I was kinda raised around the team he's on, so I've had a lot of practice and instruction." he explained. Since he wasn't just naturally good at it at 11 but he had had a background in it, and that would explain why he was good at it. He tossed the ball back to Conan, "You'll be as good as me in no time at all I'm sure!"

Oh, he supposed the other boy's father being a Quidditch player did make sense. It accounted for the fact he was rather good with a quaffle in his hands, anyhow. What Fraser didn't know, however, was that Conan's own dad was a player. Well, used to be one. He was a coach now. The only difference was his own dad ditched when he was younger so he didn't get years to tutelage. Otherwise, he might be a little better at this. "I doubt that," he did have to respond with a hollow laugh as he once more caught the quaffle, throwing it aimlessly between his hands for a moment before throwing it back, huffing as once more it ended up falling a little short of the target.

Fraser smiled at the boy shrugging slightly, but still thinking that in no time at all, Conan would be as good as he was, because he knew that quidditch wasn't the most difficult thing. It wasn't the easier thing, but it also wasn't impossible. He flew a little forward to catch the quaffle and smiled. "What don't we get something to eat? I think it's time that breakfast will be out, and then we can go do something fun and non-quidditch related?" he offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back