Darkness comes in many guises

Carmen Peregrin

OOC First Name
Lin
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Carmen held his hand the entire way out of the Great Hall and into the entrance hall. She loved this boy more than she had thought it possible to love any thing or anyone. They left the school without any one spotting them or at least they hoped that was the case as they walked across the lawn towards the quidditch grounds. It was a cool enough night but for the little she wore, she shivered feeling the chill more acutely. Stopping for a moment she released his hand and turned her back to him, glancing at him over her shoulder and not once realizing how utterly tempting she was as she did so.

"Can you help me get them off?" she smiled at him, the dark feathered wings having become an absolute nuisance to her. Shivering slightly against the night air she could not wait to be in the close confines of his arms, to gain warmth at last.

Kaleb’s grip on Carmen’s hand was firm but adoring as well. He had a mischievous glimmer in his stormy eyes, as if he were up to something. A sly smirk was on his face. Though he loved this girl more than anything, Kaleb was growing darker, colder. He wondered from time to time, if Carmen ever noticed his offhand behavior toward everyone else around. Not many could stand to be by him anymore, as Kaleb had grown harsh, and almost threw away every friend that he could not see in the world of which he claimed to be his own.

The Quidditch grounds seemed to be a good place to go. Carmen must have been a little cold with how much she was wearing, and Kaleb was actually a little warmer than usual. He was used to cold, harsh weather. This was a breeze to him. Kaleb heard her question and he nodded. He released her hand, and it took only a moment to release her of her angelic wings. Kaleb smirked, “Oh darling Carmen, you have lost your wings. No matter, because I am no angel.” Kaleb chuckled, joking but in secret, he was telling the truth. Kaleb wrapped his arms around Carmen from behind, his lips pressing to her neck in a gentle kiss.

She would have been a fool not to have noticed the change in him over the past few months. Carmen may not have been able to spend any time with him over the vacation but that was why she was able to pin point the drastic changes in him now. At times she had wondered if his ability to shun his friends would eventually include her but as of yet, she seemed to be one of the very few to hold his attention. Grateful for this because she seriously did not know what she would do if Kaleb was not part of her life. It would not matter to her if they were boyfriend and girlfriend or not, just once they could be together somehow. Well, it did matter but she liked to believe it wouldn't. Though she knew for a fact that if any girl so much as gave him a sideways glance for too long, Carmen was not adverse to hexing the foolish female.

His fingers grazing her back caused shivers to run through her as he removed her wings with no effort at all. She took the wings from his hands as she wrapped his strong arms about her and began to lay the gentlest of kisses along her neck.
"I don't feel much like an angel when you do that to me" she smiled relaxing her head back against his shoulder and thoroughly enjoying the sensation of his lips upon her exposed skin. She didn't know whether it was the cool air or his effect on her but tiny tremors seem to convulse her slender frame, even goosebumps erupted along her arms.

The only ones that were basically able to come around him that Kaleb allowed were close family relations, Carmen and Theodore. It was those who were heading down the dark path, and Kaleb was determined to have Carmen follow him. Was the point of having a love when they were going down the wrong path? Kaleb just had to make the influences small and the changes as well. Did she notice that he no longer referred to muggle-borns as muggle-borns, but mudbloods now? The tiniest of changes, that was one of them. But, it was how he was raised to be as well. Ever since his mother died, there was nothing holding him back from the darkness that would welcome him in open arms.

"Oh, are you going to become my little demon? That seems a bit more exciting than an angel." Kaleb slowly released Carmen from his hold. "So, you wanted to learn how to fly... How about a little ride on my broom?" Kaleb flourished his wand and stated in the air, "Accio Firebolt!" Within a few moments, it came flying from the castle, and hovered a bit in front of them. Kaleb mounted, and he patted the area behind him. "Come for a ride, and get your adrenaline rushing." Kaleb and Carmen both had slender frames, even though Kaleb was gaining some muscle now as he aged. They both could fit on the broom. Unlike a lot of other people, Kaleb wasn't afraid to take risks on a broom. The higher and faster he went, the better.

Carmen noted the strange mood he seemed to be in but she delighted in it all the same. He could blow up the school and she would think it was fine providing he had a reasonable excuse at the time. Turning around in his arms she nodded.
"Would you rather I was your little demon then?" a mischievous glint sparkled in her eye, "For you I would be anything".
Reaching up on her toes she gently kissed his chin before he let go of her to remove his wand and summon his broom. She seriously didn't think she was in any way dressed for a bout of night time flying but wrapped securely beside Kaleb with those strong arms about her would warm her up in no time at all.
"I will if you hold on to me" she was well used to flying now but any chance to be snuggled up in the depths of his arms was fine by her. When he sat on though it was clear she would be behind him instead and as she adjusted her long gown to sit sideways on the broom she wrapped her arms about him instead, resting her head against his back.

"Ready when you are my demon lover" she cooed softly into the darkening sky.

“Actually, I would not mind it if you were my demon,” smirked Kaleb. He felt like he had made a deal with the Devil himself and in return for the path of darkness, he would receive the most perfect woman for him. And he received his wish when he met Carmen. Oh the memory of her falling into him on the bench. Kaleb felt her head on his back as she mounted the broom. With one hand on hers which were wrapped around him, Kaleb held the broom tightly with his other hand. Kaleb made the broom hover in the air a bit, before it ascended quite a distance in the air. The wind felt great on Kaleb’s skin. Like his brother, he was an excellent flyer. Kaleb stopped in the air, and the gust gently blew. He balanced perfectly, and he murmured to his love, “Look to your right.” From the right, the moon glistened over the lake, and it was truly a romantic scene. “Some people just don’t deserve to see this beauty. But us, we can own it all.”

She grinned affectionately from behind him and gave the idea considerably thought. Of course she could no more be an angel than she could be a demon but behaving like a demon would certainly shake things up and home. Her arms gently squeezed him enjoying the feel of his hand on hers, as if this made her safer somehow, Carmen tilted her head upwards and kissed the back of his neck.
"What would your demon have to do?" she chuckled, since her grandfather died and the estate and title had been passed on to her she had wanted nothing more than to mutiny against it all. She had wonderful lawyers and trustees who would make sure everything was run smoothly until she came of age to do it all for herself but in the mean time she had still to deal with her parents thirst and greed for money and their positive dislike of Carmen being the heir. One lawyer had smilingly told her to go and have fun while she could, because with great power like her title came great responcibility. She had sighed at that of course, she was much too young to have to deal with responcibility or any other issues.

Being wrapped up with Kaleb was all she needed right now, so if he wanted her to be his demon she would be. As they stopped and he told her to look to her right, she obeyed him gladly and was instantly in awe of the beauty he showed her. The moon painted such a perfect picture of romance as it's reflection rippled and danced on the water. His words caused her to look at him though, a slight frown creasing her brow.
"Some people?" she chuckled, "Who wouldn't deserve to see this Kaleb? It's breathtaking"

“Just be yourself. I could ask for nothing more,” Kaleb murmured. He knew Carmen was going through a tough time, with her grandfather’s passing away and all. She had a strong inheritage coming her way and he would not get in the way of that. Kaleb understood how families could work, maybe too well actually. Since she was a bit more vulnerable, Kaleb wondered if he could somehow slowly influence her while she was somewhat like this. How would he do it? Easy. Answering the question that she asked. “Those who do not know how to live life to the strongest. In other words, the weak people. As an idol once said, ‘There is only power, and those too weak to seek it.’” Kaleb glanced behind him, and stared into Carmen’s eyes. There was a subtle dark expression washed over his face. No matter that it looked eerie, it was still handsome nonetheless.

Bah! Lame-bug! >.<

"I am myself always with you" she told him resting her chin now on his left right shoulder as she continued to look out over to the lake, "sometime I want to be anyone else when I'm with my parents but with you, I get to be me."
Turning her head slightly she kissed his cheek tenderly before resting against him once more. True the day they had met had been strange to say the least but it had been the best day of her life and every day since then that he had been part of had it's own place in the special annals of her heart.

She chuckled lightly at how serious he sounded and how sinister his gaze appeared but she put it down to the dark of the sky about them.
"You sound so like my grandfather, he used to say that too" she tried to remember the instances he used to use it in and knew it was usually a muggle related incident but that had been a good while ago and as far as she knew he had been trying awfully hard for her especially to not allow his judgement on others to filter through to her. He had wanted more for her than the hatred he had always lived with and yet, he had never once been around when she had brought Charlie home.

"Do you really believe that some are better than others Kaleb?" she could quite easily believe that he was by far better than just about any guy she had ever met. Carmen was strong willed at the best of times but when it came to Kaleb sometimes she knew that when he said something was blue though it was most definitely green, she would still agree with him. It wasn't always about who was right or wrong, he had her loyalty and trust and they were unwavering, just as her love for him was.

Kaleb hated it that Carmen could not be herself when she was around her parents. He was the same way when he was around his real mother before she died. She hated cold people, and that was what Kaleb was: cold. Kaleb was a younger version of his father, just with a touch of humor. Perhaps he received this from his great-grandmother Lydia. “I am glad that you get to be yourself when you are with me. I am myself when I am with you as well. No acting involved.” Kaleb stroked Carmen’s hand with one of his own. A small act of affection yet it was something great at the same time. “Your grandfather was one to be cherished and looked up to. I am happy that I sound like someone so great.”

Kaleb meant every word he said. If Carmen’s grandfather had been allies with Asparuh at one point, then there was no use in not honoring such a man. It was rare for someone to have been connected with someone like his grandfather. Kaleb glanced back at Carmen and he nodded, “Yes, I do. A ton of people don’t deserve you, they don’t even deserve your kindness. You are so much better than them. We are so much better than a whole lot of them. They don’t know the real world, they don’t know the power it can truly hold possess. But we do.” Kaleb smiled faintly, but it was still enough. Not once had he lied about his words.

They continued to hover over the pitch and though usually she didn't like being up so high, it was completely different when she was with Kaleb. he could make her feel safe and protected in a heartbeat.
"Well he highly approved of you" she smiled and not knowing why she told him or why she even brought it up, "He never liked Charlie. He always made sure he was far from the house when he came by. I was never allowed to even speak of him without inciting some bad mood in him. For all his bravado I think he always disliked muggles, no matter what he said to me to the contrary."

She wrapped her hands about him tighter and wondered why there was so much hatred and animosity in the world. Her grandfather had never explained it to her, why he disliked them so much. She may not have been one herself but her mother was muggleborn. She grimaced, knowing this was one of the main reasons her grandfather had despised her mother.
"Kaleb?" her voice sounded puzzled, "can we land, sit on the benches over in the stands or something?" she wanted to talk with him some more about what he had just said to her but stuck up in the air didn't seem the most appropriate of places for which to hold such a conversation.

"Charlie... Don't blame your grandfather. I hate him with a passion for obvious reasons," muttered Kaleb. Distaste coated his tongue and he shook his head. Charlie and Kaleb, was that a match made in Hell. He was so glad that Carmen dumped that mudblood for him. Kaleb did not regret that at all. It wouldn't be much longer until he would turn Carmen against Charlie. For all Kaleb knew, Charlie still had hopes for Carmen. When Carmen was around Charlie, she was light. But when she is around Kaleb, Kaleb was bound to turn her dark like he was, or was to be. Kaleb knew for himself though, that if Carmen was going to be a good person and not follow in the ways of a Dark wizard, then she would be better off with Charlie. However, Kaleb would not allow that to happen peacefully.

Kaleb glanced behind him at Carmen and he heard her words. What was she wanting to talk about? Kaleb smiled, "No problem, love." He leaned forward a bit on the broom, as they descended and swerved into the stands. Kaleb held the broom steady, as he got off of it and stepped onto the stands. He held his hand out to help Carmen off of the broom, just like a proper gentleman. "Anything you wish to say, it is my command."

She had always presumed that Kaleb's dislike of Charlie had stemmed only from Charlie having dated her but now she was not so sure. She was touched by how he defended her grandfather and smile indulgently at him. As they came into land he got off first and held his hand out to her to help her from the broom. With a smile she placed her small hand in his, always liking the feel of his larger hand covering hers or the way his strong arms felt around her. She was safe with him completely and knew this as fact.

Moving over to one of the front row benches she sat down and faced him.
"You seem to be trying to say something definite to me but also seem to be dancing around whatever it is you want to say. Kaleb you know that whatever it is, you can just tell me. I would never judge you, not you. Who is this 'they' you keep referring too? And what makes me so much better than anyone?" her hazel eyes stared up at him curiously.

Kaleb sat down and he bit his lip just a bit. How in the world could he tell her that he hated mudbloods? Kaleb began, “They… I mean the world. Those weak and pathetic beings that aren’t worth time. It can be anyone. Mudblood, pureblood, half-blood, half-breed… They are all the same. A lot aren’t worth your time. You are so much better, Carmen.” Kaleb smiled down at her, and his words were not lies. He took her hand in his, and he continued, “You are better because you stand out to me. You aren’t trying to be anything more than yourself. You are better because you accept me, for me. I don’t have to be anyone else around you. Cause I love you, Carmen.” Kaleb spoke the truth once more. He didn’t know how to influence her, but he would learn.

Carmen smiled at him as he spoke, it seemed to take a huge weight of thought for him to utter the words and she wondered at it. Moving closer she wrapped her arms about his shoulders and looked into his handsome face.
"I love you too Kaleb" she looked pensive now herself as she glanced away and then back at him, "If you knew the type of thoughts I've been having of late then you wouldn't put me so high on a pedestal. I would greatly disappoint you."

She thought for a moment over what he had just said and wondered if he would find her own thoughts over the passed few weeks disturbing for her or if he would be glad that she was thinking that way. Carmen remembered very well the stories of Kaleb's grandfather and how he was towards muggles or as Kaleb had put it.. mudbloods. She had never considered them that before, had always been insulted on their behalf but the more animosity she felt towards her parents, the more she was inclined to believe all the things her grandfather had always insinuated. Her mother was a muggle and had infiltrated and tarnished a beautiful pureblood line, she had heard it often enough when she was younger though she was clearly not meant too. Now it seemed that it was her mothers influence on her father, that was crippling him, making him greedy and power hungry. She knew he had begun to try and be there for her a few times before her grandfathers passing but now she saw it for what it was, knowing now that they had known about the 'will' and inheritance for a long time. He had been keeping in her good graces and nothing more.

"Promise you won't hate me..." she looked up at him anxiously, "I have only thought of my mother as a ... mudblood of late and my father a blood traitor and mudlover. Is that wrong?" her eyes searched his, needing some sort of answers and willing to take everything that Kaleb said as gospel.

"Tell me..." Kaleb cooed soothingly. He wondered what was going through that blond head of Carmen's. Kaleb listened to her words, and he could not resist the smirk that crept along his face. Her thoughts, those words, they were just perfect. Kaleb adored hearing something like that coming out of her mouth. He could not resist giving her a small kiss upon the lips and he murmured, "No my dear. That is not wrong. Those thoughts are right, and you will not receive a single ounce of hate from me. I want you to release all your thoughts about that mudblood mother of yours and your blood traitor of a father. Release it." Kaleb wanted to see... Was he getting to her?

She felt a sudden relieve overcome her as she spoke to him and even more so when he assured her that she was not wrong at all. With his encouragement she continued after a few moments, relaying all the horrible bitter thoughts that were mounting within and that she seemed to have no control of. The worst part was the more she spoke, the more vehemence entered her voice concerning her parents. She did not leave it there though, Carmen's verbal attack unsheathed itself upon the muggle grand-aunt and grand-mother both as batty and messed up as she in her anger now stated that she supposed all muggles to be.

Having never before been allowed to dwell in such furious thoughts or encouraged to unleash the confused feelings within her, Carmen with such an avid audience as Kaleb was, dis-guarded all etiquette; all her proper upbringing and brought so much anger and hatred that seemed to have festered for a millenia within her out into the world at last. As she finished her tirade somewhere her grandfather was smiling in the underworld, proud that at last his grand-daughter was showing her true colors.

Tears of white hot anger clouded her vision as she looked up at Kaleb, a sob broke from her tightened throat.
"I hate them.. I hate them so much."

Kaleb listened, as much as he could. It was all too sweet! Carmen was becoming more like him, and more like what Stratton wanted. It was all too precious, too delicious. Kaleb put his arm around Carmen, bringing her into a comforting hug. "Now now, my love. Do not waste your tears and sorrow upon them. The best thing now, is to plot revenge. Get them back. Here is what it worse, all of them are like it. Mudbloods and blood traitors. They are all the same. Now you know, why I didn't like Charlie. He would have done the same hurt to you..." Kaleb didn't know if it was true or not, but it would have to do. Turning Carmen from Light to Dark would be a slow, but tedious task. Kaleb stared ahead into the night, the process has just begun.

Once his arms went about her she felt better about releasing all that anger, she reached her own arms about his waist and rested her head against his chest. Kaleb spoke to her and slowly it seeped in. Were they all truly alike? Would they all at some point try to hurt her? Would Charlie have? She knew he had a temper, had witnessed it before but would he be capable of hurting her?

She moved her head to look up at Kaleb and knew for sure of one thing, he would never hurt her. He would do everything he could to always protect her and keep her safe. Her right hand wound it's way up to the back of his head gently guiding him as her head tilted upwards. Her mouth found his and the urgency with which she kissed him left her feeling more raw and vulnerable than expressing all that anger. Her slender body pressed to his as she became consumed by the need to have him.

Kaleb smirked in his mind as she came closer to him. She did not object, and sooner or later, she would be totally and completely against that mudblood. Kaleb could only smirk in satisfaction. He had won. Finally, Kaleb Styx won Carmen in the end. He would never leave her, he was far too selfish to. Kaleb would enjoy the rest of his years at Hogwarts knowing this. It was simply delightful.

By no means did Kaleb refuse the kiss that Carmen had given him. When her body melded with his, Kaleb could have sworn that his innocence had been remaining flew out of the window. Though they were much to young to do such activities, Kaleb would have to wait. Kaleb returned the kiss with as much passion he could give, and whoever said that the first kiss was the best was a liar. This one beat it in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back