Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Zara had become somewhat of a recluse over the last two months of holiday but it had forced her into her art to express what she couldn't dare speak to anyone - not even her closest confidant. The girl had come to a scary conclusion that felt right but wrong nearly in the same go but this conclusion came hand-in-hand with another one. She could simply not date Asaiah Murphy anymore for it would be too hard for his feelings because she'd already used him more than she would have liked to. Despite what might have been thought about their ill-fated relationship it wasn't a poor match because of his affinity for Quidditch, instead it was simple because Asaiah was just who he was. Still, Zara felt such a kindness to him that letting it go on any longer would be hard for her and eventually for him too. So with less than an eager attitude towards the entire process Zara had hoped to catch him on the way to the Slytherin common room directly after the feast to tell him that they were done as could be. Her reasoning would have to be a secret as hard as she suspected it would be for someone like Asaiah who was curious and wanted to do right by people. The girl stood with her hair in braids, away from her face and her hands folded in front of her waiting for him to arrive because she had left the feast early - unable to eat much of her tea at all.

Asaiah was feeling extremely happy to be back at school for another year. He and his best pal were no longer ignoring each other and he would also spend time with his girlfriend again soon. He just knew that fourth year would be the best year so far with everything he and his best friend had planned to do. After the feast Asaiah followed the rest of the Slytherins to the common room, curious to know what professor Styx would say this time, or if it would just be the same as always. Asaiah smiled when he spotted his girlfriend and kissed her on the cheek once he stood in front of her, unaware of what she was about to do. ''Hey,'' he said, happy to finally see Zara again after not having seen her since before the exams. ''Sorry we couldn't meet up during winter break. Did you have fun?'' Asaiah asked.

After having dated for a year with no real issues, Zara felt as if it might be a little weird to suddenly break up with Asaiah from his perspective so she'd created a lie that she felt pretty confident in using if need be but for now she smiled awkwardly as she saw him. "Hey," she said in response to his greeting, ignoring the kiss he'd planted on her cheek. The Ravenclaw took his hands and lead him a little further from the entrance to his common room so they could have a bit of privacy as she said, "It was alright but we need to talk." She had seen break ups in old muggle films and the like and was armed with a handful of cliche's to use so she hoped that this and her soft voice would help to lead him to the conclusion before she said the words. However, Zara was ever quick to cut down the small talk and she said, "Listen um.." She looked down as she put her hands back to her sides and added, "I think we should just be friends." She looked back into his eyes to gauge his response and hoped that it wouldn't be too hard to get this over and done with because breaking up with Asaiah was hard but the reason made it that much harder for the girl.

He frowned when Zara took is hands and lead him away from the entrance to the Slytherin common room, wondering why she had been waiting for him here. Asaiah was glad to hear that his girlfriend's break had been alright but got worried at what she said after that. ''Okay'' he answered with a weak smile. However, the smile he was wearing disappeared from his face when she told him that she wanted to be 'just friends.'. He blinked out of confusion as he tried to remember if he had done something that would make Zara want to break up with him. ''I - I - I don't understand.'' he stuttered whilst frowning and looking at up her again. ''D - Did I do something wrong?'' Asaiah asked, still not understanding why she wanted to break up with him since he couldn't think of a reason himself.

Zara looked at Asaiah and shook her head as he asked if there was anything he had done - this was most certainly not the case unless he could stop being a boy. She hated to use the phrase that came tumbling out of her mouth but it remained the truth, "It's not you, it's me." She chewed down on her bottom lip as she thought of something to say that might make more sense without telling the entire truth. She couldn't risk that. Zara could barely say it out loud to herself never mind to another person. "I think we would be better as friends," the dark haired girl began, realizing now that perhaps he wouldn't want to be her friend after this was all said and done. This epiphany filled her with anxiety because although she didn't like to date or kiss him she did appreciate his company and actually liked Asaiah so she twisted her fingers together nervously and waited for him to blow up at her. Zara was always waiting for someone to blow up at her and until now only her grandparents and Lennon were the only ones she wasn't always expecting it from. She could not imagine that being dumped would put someone in a particularly pleasant mood so it was bound to come.

Asaiah didn't understand why she wanted to break up with him all the sudden if it wasn't something he that had done. ''Why?'' he asked after swallowing the lump in his throat. He needed to know why Zara wanted to do this, what reason she had to come here and wait for him to arrive only to tell him that she thought they would be better as friends instead. He did not what them to break up when everything was finally OK again, this was supposed to be the best year but now it was ruined. Asaiah wanted to be upset with her for doing this but simply couldn't, he liked her too much to do that.

Zara frowned she knew this would hurt Asaiah more than he wanted to really know but the girl also knew it would be the end to any questions he might have even if it was a lie. "We're too different," she stated. "I thought I could move past it but I can't," Zara added, shaking her head. She hoped that this would be enough but for good measure the Ravenclaw said, "It's affecting my ethics." This wasn't entirely a lie as she had skipped a protest so that she wouldn't hurt Asaiah by actively going against him in Quidditch but this was still not the case. Actually Zara thought that if Darcy was a quidditch player and left the pitch with the same pink cheeks and sweaty glow Asaiah always seemed to that she wouldn't mind compromising so much. This was not important as it would never be her that Darcy kissed after a game or really... ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back