Dancing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis Jackson

OOC First Name
Arty
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Artemis decided too go as a vampire to the Feast. It was her favorite costume too choose from, between a vampire or a pixie. Going to the Feast being a pixie was quite ridiculous for Artemis. It seemed childish and stupid. So, a vampire was her decision, and this made Artemis content about it.

In the feast, Artemis was completely bored. She stared at some students dancing with each other. Some of the staff were even dancing! Artemis chuckled at this. It seemed silly for her, but she never spoke a word about it. Dancing wasn't really Artemis's hobby. She found it awkward doing this, and uncomfortable. Most of her buddies loved dancing, and Artemis found this weird. It wasn't that she hated doing this, it was just uncomfortable and insecure.

Now, a pair of older students were dancing happily in front of her eyes, a few meters away. Artemis didn't really feel out-of-place, in fact, she found it amusing witnessing people dancing randomly on the dance floor. With an amused expression on her face, she made her way to the drinks section. She needed a cool drink to refresh herself.

Finally getting a drink for herself, she turned around too look at the students dancing before her eyes. It seemed funny when they experienced misfortunes. Artemis chuckled at this thought. She experienced one herself, and it was a terrible one indeed. Trying to look at the mass of people, she scanned some of their faces too see if there were familiar ones to talk to. Artemis wanted to talk someone so badly. It was quite boring without someone to talk too. Once again, she scanned the crowd too look for some familiar faces to talk too. Or perhaps, make new friends.
Artemis as a vampire said:
dakota-fanning-eclipse.jpg

Poppy had been a little uncertain of what to go as for the Halloween feast. She loved the idea of joining in, but what if she went as something so boring, or pathetic, that people didn't like her? It was times like these that Poppy would remind herself that she was a Gryffindor. She should not be worried to try out new things, and probably fail. She couldn't help being a muggle-born. She was still a witch. And so it was that she decided to attend the feast, dressed as a penguin. It did make holding drinks somewhat difficult, and as she waddled, unable to prevent the smile at just how ridiculous she looked, to the drinks table, she noticed a girl dressed as a vampire. And quite a striking one, too.

So many different costumes were present, so many horrors, or humours, walked the Great Hall, that night. "Wow," Poppy commented with a broad grin, "I like your costume- very effective." She had no idea what house anyone here, other than those she knew personally, was in, and in a way, this made the night feel more sociable. Poppy turned to get herself a drink, but had to use both 'hands' to balance the pumpkin juice on her flippers. She cautiously sipped at her drink, not wanting to spill it and cause a mess. She then faced the crowd of people for a moment or two. Lots of people were dancing. Poppy had always preferred adventure to dancing, and losing herself in a book, or her own imagination. Still, they were happy. She then looked back to the vampire, giving her a smile. "It's nice here.. Hogwarts, I mean," she added, "although, I was a little shaken, the other day, when a ghost walked through me." it was light conversation, something to get the ball rolling. Poppy was keen to get to know as many people as possible. Everyone and everything, to her, was fascinating.

OOCOut of Character:
Hi! Do you mind posting a picture of your costume? :donna:

While looking at the other students dancing, merrily, someone suddenly spoke to her. "Wow, I like your costume- very effective." the girl said.

Artemis turned to face the girl. At this point, the girl who just spoke, turned to get a drink. She used both of her hands to hold the drink up. Artemis just held an amused expression on her face, wondering if she needed to compliment back, or just nod and say thank you. Artemis decided it might be rude not to compliment back, so she decided to speak just after the girl was done drinking from her goblet.

"Thanks. Yours too. It's cute. Artemis softly. Artemis did the same when the girl turned to face the people dancing. After a short while, the girl spoke again "It's nice here.. Hogwarts, I mean, although, I was a little shaken, the other day, when a ghost walked through me." Artemis laughed. "Yeah. I've listened to a couple of stories about that. I, myself haven't experienced that." Artemis took a deep breath after that. Before the start of the school year had begun, one of the thing she really thought about were the ghosts residing in Hogwarts. Weren't they transparent? 'I wonder what the feeling is like when you walk past through them' thought Artemis before.

A few moments after, Artemis remembered the girl next to her. She decided to acknowledge the girl to start a simple conversation. Or perhaps, even get to know her more! "Thanks for the compliment a while ago." Artemis said once again just to make sure the girl heard her clearly. "So, I bet you had a hard time drinking from the goblet, eh?" Artemis looked at the girl's hands to see that it was also covered by the costume to be replaced by flippers. The young Slytherin laughed softly at this. "I'm Artemis Jackson. From the Slytherin house. I'm a 1st Year. How about you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back