OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 18" Unyielding Willow Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Aurora loved her sister dearly, but she'd noted her mood in the days before the ball, it had gone from excited to not excited in a matter of days. Aurora just wanted to have fun and knew she wouldn't be able to if her sister was dragging the mood down. Not that it would be intentional, and Aurora got it. She understood to a degree why she was being like that, but also wanted deeply to just dance and laugh and have fun without making her sister feel bad for not doing the same. The Gryffindor had worn a pretty dress, had done her make up all nice. After saying a goodbye to Rosie at the entrance of the hall had immediately gone to the dance floor, thankfully the song playing was upbeat and fun and exactly what she had needed. She began dancing, and maybe she'd check in with Rosie later, but for now she'd just dance.

Soren found Aurora quickly, jumping in to dance with her without hesitation. "Hey, you look fabulous," He complimented, offering to spin her before hopping to the beat a bit more. "Surprised to see you solo, where's Ro?" He asked over the music, glancing around to see if he could find the other girl.

Aurora had been dancing for a minute when she was joined by Soren. She smiled at him happily, spinning when he offered it. "Thanks Soren, you look nice too," she said to him. She gave a shrug and then pointed to where Rosie was, speaking to the leader of the arts club. "She wasn't feeling like dancing, so we've split off," she said, and there was no tone or anything that indicated that she was annoyed by it.

Soren kept dancing, bouncing around with Aurora, "Still missing Xinyi?" He asked, offering another spin. He'd noticed how down she seemed about his transfer. He might have to steal her later, try to cheer her up or something. "He's a sweet kid," He mused lightly, before shaking his head. "Is this song great or what?" He laughed.

Aurora gave a little nod, "Yeah, she perked up over the year, but she used to come with him to this, and yeah..," Aurora didn't know how else to explain it. She didn't really get it. Get why Rosie was still so upset about it. She was just happy to let her do her thing and dance herself and now she even had someone else to dance with which was even better. "It's amazing!" she agreed. "Fast songs are so much better than slow songs,"

Soren laughed easily, offering his hands out for Aurora. He danced with her easily until a few songs had passed, before bouncing in closer to her. "Should we grab some drinks?" He asked her over the music. "We can take a minute, catch our breath?"

Aurora took his hand and easily danced with Soren, smiling happily as she did. She was of course still thinking about Rosie, but she was more focused on dancing. She was surprised by how close Soren got and found herself blushing lightly for a reason she didn't understand. Aurora took a little step away from him and smiled, "Yeah, okay," she said, nodding and looking towards the drinks.

Soren offered his hand out to her before leading her over to the drinks, grabbing one for each of them. "How do you think the Quidditch season will go?" He asked her, sipping his drink and looking over the dance floor.

Aurora shrugged a little at the question, "Could've gone worse, could've gone better," she said. She felt she'd done okay, that she could've done better but that she hadn't entirely failed, so there was that. Aurora took a drink and sipped it lightly. "How do you think it went?" she asked.

Soren laughed lightly. "I seem to blink and the games are over," He countered. "Who are we playing against next?" He asked, sipping it again before looking over to the snack table. "Oh hey, that looks good. Do you want to get some snacks?" He asked, looking back to her with a wide smile.

Aurora laughed lightly at his comment. "Yeah, sometimes it does feel like that, though the last game was better," she agreed, she didn't think they had any more games but just shrugged. Maybe they would have another game and she'd just forgotten about it. "Sure. The snacks look good," she agreed before moving across to them. She wondered for a moment if she should take a plate over to Rosie, but decided against it in the end.

Soren nodded, following her and grabbing a few more snacks. "I'm glad Rosie found someone to hang out with, I heard the girl running the arts club now is pretty cool," He offered, flashing her a smile. He could guess Aurora was worrying, and it was honestly rather sweet. He offered his hand out for her. "It'll be okay, Ro, I promise."

Aurora nodded in agreement. "I heard the same," the girl wasn't involved in the club but she had heard good things and Rosie liked it, which suited her pretty fine. "You get it though?" she was sure if there was anyone who could get it, it would be him, he had siblings, twins, he would know how it felt to want to be there for a sibling.

Soren nodded easily. "I get it, I worry about Slate a lot, he's such a scaredy cat," He reassured her with a gentle smile. "We're always going to worry, Ro. But they'll be okay." He promised her, before sipping his drink. "Do you want another drink?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back