E L E C T I O N T I M E
gWbrDr5.gif
RsNPyG7.gif
hCig9H4.gif

X9LeZDD.gif
21qJC6A.gif
jdRggR3.gif
QOlW9mZ.gif
It’s time for the election! As is tradition here in the New Zealand Wizarding community, our Minister is graciously stepping aside as his ten year reign comes to an end. The Minister had a good run, and oversaw the restructure of the Auror Department, appointing Mason Talarico as the Head Auror, a position he was clearly born for. He was also responsible for overseeing many trials, and heading the Wizengamot. Dear me, what a run! But, as they say, all good things must come to an end, including Cameron Kingsley's time as Minister. He does leave on a sad note though, the death of Kiera Kaster, his sister, must have put a sour note on his time and is possibly one of the reasons he has chosen not to run for re-election. I know many of you will join me in thanking the Minister for his hard work in keeping out country safe and wish him all the best in seeing how he progresses with life after leadership.

Now, onto the real news, the candidates! The New Zealand Election Campaign is finally underway with the reveal of seven candidates. Each candidate is different so let’s have a look at what these candidates have to say about themselves. First on the list we have a name we’ve seen before. Carter Kaster. He didn’t win in the last election, but Kaster is running again, hoping for a better result. When asked, Mr Kaster described himself as “a man who has seen the world from a new perspective and hopes to achieve everything he knows New Zealand is capable of.” Coming off the back of the same tragedy that befell our Minister, one can only hope Mr Kaster is truly up for the task.

Next on our list is Dymetris Kozlov. This Healer has dipped his medical gloves into Politics, a very different profession to the one he is used to. He considers himself “a caring and compassionate person, that cares about bettering the lives of those he serviced throughout the community.” With his fast paced work ethic and a clear love of helping those in need, Mr Kozlov makes a wonderful addition to our line up. Let’s hope he is as ruthless in on the campaign trail as he likely is in the ward.

Our youngest candidate is up next at a barely legal 25! Cat Tannon will definitely be one to watch as she makes her debut in our very own publication!. Miss Tannon has revealed that she is “friendly but hard-working and unafraid to stand up for what she believes is right.” She’s going to need every bit of that hard working attitude if she is to succeed in this election. Being so young, one has to wonder if she’s had enough life experience to win this campaign, let alone run a country. Seems only time will tell.

Metrophanes Matthias is another name we know, only in this instance it is the Matthias name that is notable here. Two other Matthias’s have been known in previous years for two different reasons. Zannon Matthias, Riley Sparkles callous murderer and Mikhail, our dear Deputy Minister. Mr Matthias has said that “[he] has strong family ties in politics, so it is natural that I myself would consider running." How right you are, Mr Matthias.

We’re getting to the last of the candidates now, so on to one of our older candidates Ioan Finch. Not much is known about Mr Finch as he declined to comment, but from a glance it is pretty easy to see that he is focused and has a mission in mind. What he has planned for his campaign remains to be seen, but with focus like this, Mr Finch is a clear contender for the title of Minister.

Moving along, we have Claudia Holland our second and last female candidate. Mrs Holland consider herself "committed to an open minded, reasonable, and diplomatic ministry." As the only other female candidate on this list, I expect great things from this one. Having a woman's voice at the helm can only mean good things for New Zealand.

Our last candidate is Alexander Cade. Mr Cade considers himself "a family man" and he doesn't mess around. When asked, Mr Cade said, "I'm not here for the experience I'm here to win." Well, Mr Cade, I look forward to seeing just how you do that! The candidates have a lot to prepare for so from all of us here at the Daily Prophet, good luck and may the best candidate win!

By Nadia Kaster​
<i>
</i>
[tr][td]
C A N N O N S V S M A C A W S
200.gif
Quidditch is heating up around the world in preparation for the Quidditch World Cup in a few short months! This past week our very own Moutohora Macaws played the Chudley Cannons. While the game was a close one, the Macaws ultimately won out over the Cannons when their seeker, Blaine Matthias, caught the snitch over newcomer, Link Potter. While Potter is remarkably similar to his father who once held the exact position, he still has quite a way to go until he has his father’s talent, and it showed on the pitch. Indiana Night, Gabriel Black, and Alison Kingswood work as a fantastic team of chasers throughout the entire match, and it is easy to see the comfort and chemistry between the Macaw chasers. Better luck next time, Cannons!

By Ezra Shaffer​
<i>
</i> [/td][/tr][tr][td]
S P E E D D A T I N G
mytHSZp.gif
Now in its fifth year the Leaky Cauldron Speed dating event has become a fixture among the population of Obsidian harbour. The Leaky Cauldron has long been the focal point of the social scene for students and adults alike and the annual speed dating event is seen by many as owner Jennette Jenkins’s attempt to engage with the community and be more than just a refuge for the after-work crowd. The event appears to have been a success and the organiser even boasts a small number of successful couples resulting from the event, a number that will no doubt grow as the event continues.

Speaking about the future of the event Jennette stated that she hoped it would continue to grow and that more successful romances would blossom as a result as that was the whole point of holding a speed dating event.

As the young bar owner looks to shift the image of the Leaky Cauldron away from being just a stuffy old pub it wouldn’t be a surprise if we saw more events happening that tried to engage the wider community.

Watch this space.

By Alexa Rodriguez​
<i>
</i> [/td][/tr][tr][td]
H U N T E R T R I A L
Werewolves live in our community. I hear some of you gasp in shock, shaking your heads. I hear the others question why it matters. They're people too - right? Well, as we went about living our lives in our naivety, a married couple went about their lives, claiming to be protecting ours. Two werewolf hunters have recently been caught and apprehended for their acts against werewolves. Although their names have not been revealed to the community, sources have told that the couple often used their own children as bait. The couple pleaded not guilty, but after questions and testimonies from a array of different parties, it was easily ruled that the two werewolf hunters were guilty of their crimes, and the Wizengamot voted them guilty. Sentenced to life in Azkaban, without any possibility of parole. Let's hope that our next Minister of Magic will keep to the same strict consequences for further criminals in New Zealand.

By Cat Tannon​
<i>
</i> [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr]

Thanks for all of the hard work, Daily Propheters! ^_^

Nice work guys! Great issue!
There are so many great candidates this year. :unsure: I'm not sure how I'm ever going to decide!

Thanks for the hard work! It looks absolutely amazing :D

Miss having the prophet. Thanks for the read!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back