DA First Meeting

Courtney Potter

Wand
Best wand ever!
Courtney walked into the Dungeon, noticing that students were already standing there. "Lumos!" She said, lighting up her wand. Looking at her watch she realized she was late. Giving an apologetic glance to Liz, she sighed.

"Okay everybody, as you all know, this is the first meeting of Dumbledore's Army. For those of you who do not know me, my name is Courtney Potter. The lovely lady to my left is Elizabeth Malfoy. We won't be needing our wands, not for today at least. Today, we will directly focus on the discussion of dark arts, and maybe even get into some muggle self defense."

Liz nodded "The dark arts" she began to pace "are just that. An art. As second years have learned and first years will learn, the dark arts will do things to your soul. Disfiguring things. Using the power of dark magic can take a beautiful painting, or person, and destroy it."

Her eyes flared. "You will need to be able to protect yourselves from more than dark arts though. Someone who has been casting unforgivables their entire life is still able to use physical force. Since there are first years among us, and the rest of us are still only second years, we will be learning physical defense first."

Liz turned to Courtney, "But, we will be discussing dark magic and dark magic users first. It will be easier to protect yourself when you know what you're up against."

My first question to you all, is "What are the qualities of either dark magic or a dark magic user? Please state your name before your answer."

Noticing it was quite dark, Courtney aimed her wand at a torch on the wall. "Incendio!" She repeated this action to four other nearby torches.

"No need for this anymore." She said as she put her wand into her pocket.

Smiling, she waited for the others to answer Elizabeth's question.

Kaela had showed up early and stood near the back, very nervous. She was always one for reading and studying, and didn't know how she was fair trying to do something like this. But she was all for learning, so she decided to give it a shot. After Liz asked her question, Kaela stayed quiet, afraid to answer. She looked around at the other people, hoping someone would be brave enough to answer.

Kayla looked around and seeing that everyone was too nervous to say anything she decided to step up.
"My name is Kayla Hall. I think that a dark arts user has to be cunning, smart, and they have to feel that they have nothing to lose. They usually are people who have no one that they love so they dont have to worry about losing that person to the dark arts. Not sure if you could follow that but oh well."
Kayla nervously sat back down and hoped that they understood what they meant.

Liz nodded. "Accurate." her eyes flashed slightly, and she turned to Kayla smiling gently. "Before we hear more about the dark arts from the next volunteer, I'd like to ask you- What do you think a dark arts users reaction would be if they began to love someone after they were already immersed in the dark arts?"

Liz managed to keep the curiosity in her voice to a minimum, although she was VERY interested in the answer.

"Im not really sure, but I think that if they truley loved the person they would choose their love for the person over the dark arts. It probably wouldn't happen immediatly but I think that after they started getting more and more in love they would choose the person instead of choosing the dark arts. That is only my opinion though Im not really sure what would happen." Kayla smiled hoping that she didn't offend anybody.

Liz smiled a bit brighter and nodded. "Alright! Good answer! Any other thoughts? Come on everyone, you're all brilliant. Share it with us."

Kaela frowned, feeling shy today. She merely stood in the back, hoping that no one would notice she was there. For some reason she just didn't feel comfortable here today.

Sophia had been standing at the back also feeling shy, but decided to answer.

"I think that if someone began to love while being involved in the dark arts, they would end up being sloppy, and not as heartless. Eventually I believe the object of their love would inevitably end up in danger and a choice would have to be made at the point."

"Thats a really good point,Sophia. thats what i was trying to say but it wasnt coming out right." Kayla said laughing she could get a little tongue tied at times.

"Hi, my name is Kendall WHiteford." kendall said nervously.. "and I just recently learned that there is no sure way to recognize a dark witch or wizard. Some have the dark mark on their arm, but that is only for followers of Voldemort. Sometimes witches and wizards don't stay dark. Often Dark Arts users tend to be withdrawn, and very cruel people, but not all are. The dark arts can be recognized as they serve no other purpose except those of a malicious nature..." she replied, stating more or less what she had learned from a professor earlier that morning...

Liz smiled. "Alright, well, that's a good start to our learning." She glanced around at Kaela, Kayla, Sophia and Kendall. "We've got a smaller turn out than I was expecting, but we've got quality."

Liz held up a piece of parchment. "Courtney and I have already signed this. We need your name and school year. I don't care what house you're in. For this club, I am no longer a Gryffindor. Courtney is no longer a Ravenclaw. We are all simply a team- an army. Please, put your name down."
Courtney Potter            2nd Year
Elizabeth Malfoy            2nd Year

Kiera had been silently standing in the corner now took the sheet of paper and added her name.
Kiera Kingsley              1st year

SHe passed the paper on with a smile.

Kendall was passed the sheet of paper, so she signed her name and passed it on..
Kiera Kingsley              1st year
Kendall Whiteford        1st Year

Sophia took the paper from Kendall and wrote her name before passing it on.

Courtney Potter 2nd Year
Elizabeth Malfoy 2nd Year
Kiera Kingsley 1st year
Kendall Whiteford 1st Year
Sophia Declan 1st Year

(((OCC--I totally have no idea how you copy/quote it to make it look like that!)))

Kayla recieved the paper and quickly added her name to the list before passing it on!
Courtney Potter 2nd Year
Kiera Kingsley 1st year
Sophia Declan 1st Year
Kayla Hall 2nd year

Kaela took the paper shyly and looked at it, unsure of whether or not to sign her name. She passed it on for now, deciding that she would talk to Liz and Courtney after the meeting.

Hilary had been standing quietly at the back, having walked in by accident. She was sure that it had been karma that she found this room with a look at Courtney and Elizabeth then finally to the girl next to her that seemed shy she took a look at the list.
Taking out her brand new quill and green ink she signed the sheet.
Courtney Potter 2nd Year
Kiera Kingsley 1st year
Sophia Declan 1st Year
Kayla Hall 2nd year
Hilary Grace 1st Year

Hoping that she could stick with it she passed the list on.

Estrella strolled into the Dungeons, glad that she had been able to make the first DA meeting. After saying hi to everyone, she added her name to the sheet.
Courtney Potter 2nd Year
Kiera Kingsley 1st year
Sophia Declan 1st Year
Kayla Hall 2nd year
Hilary Grace 1st Year
Estrella Drage 2nd Year

((Not nice Estrella! I didn't add my name for a reason. Kaela jut kind of came to learn more, she wasn't sure if she wanted to join.))

((sry Kaela! :oy: I edited it. silly me.))

Naomi was running extremely late to the first DA meeting...she slid into the dungeon and hoped she didn't miss anything.

When the parachment got to her she quickly wrote down her name.
Courtney Potter 2nd Year
Kiera Kingsley 1st year
Sophia Declan 1st Year
Kayla Hall 2nd year
Hilary Grace 1st Year
Estrella Drage 2nd Year
Naomi Thomas 1st Year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back