Curiouser and curiouser...

Martine Laurent

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Martine had heard talk of this 'Bleak Street', a place near Obsidian Harbor that had a lot to do with the Dark Arts. As an aspiring auror, Martine felt a duty (not to mention a mad curiosity) to check this place out. If she got the job, she'd have to know a little about what she was up against.
She strode confidently down the alley, heels clicking against the ground as her cloak swished around her ankles. Her wand was at the ready, of course, for she knew never to be caught without it, but she did not feel the need to be in such a defensive pose, when really she was just exploring. This 'Bleak Street' was creepy - but creepy in the same way that visiting her cousins in Germany had been. Martine was not a bit afraid. She figured it was all a facade, something trying to look scary without actually being so.

Acwel had been standing in the shadows of bleak street, he had left his Daughter at there house to talk to His newly adopted son. Acwel had been lurking around Bleak Street for a while looking for something to do. He heard a clicking noise moving down the allyway. 'click click clack click' the sound was irritating. He was contemplating if he should curse the person who was making the sound or just to ignore it. he saw a woman pass him. she didnt seem the type to be walking around Bleak Street. he had to say something to get her to stop walking, he couldnt help himself, he opened his mouth and began to speak. "a person like yourself shouldnt be alone in a place like this" Acwel said in a rich Deep Husky voice. Acwel stayed in the shadows, his Deep brown hair smoothly slicked back. his Rich green eyes looked over the woman, he looked at what she was wearing. His eyes drifted over to her wand. 'at least she is smart enough to know to not walk around Bleak Street unprepaired' he thought to himself and his eyes drifted back to her face.

Hearing a voice say something to her, Martine slowed to a gentle stop - not a quick stop, as that would be a sign of fear and she had none. She turned to face the sound of the voice, a man lurking in the shadows. Cocking one eyebrow, Martine gazed at him, no anxiety or nerves in her features. "And what do you mean, 'a person like yourself'?" she asked, her Belgian accent evident in her words.

Acwel walked out of the shadows, his rich green eyes looking at the woman directly in hers as if he was trying to burn a hole, he slowly walked around her looking at her clothes, "your not dressed to fit in around here" he said walking another circle around her, "you are a bright woman, and yet you choose to walk down a dark street" he said smoothly as he stopped infront of her. "What is a woman of your standard doing in a street like this" he asked looking at her directly in the eyes again

Aurora had been doing some shopping, and being new to Obsidian Harbor, she strayed off into what seemed like a dark chasm of sounds of muffled noises. She was wearing a blue jacket and a light blue dress underneath. She immediately noticed that people were different here, by the way they dressed and the way they stayed in the shadows. She grasped hold of her basket tightly as she noticed two people speaking, one looking rather dodgy, she leaned against the wall, secretly eavesdropping.

Acwel looked at the woman waiting for her to answer when he heard a slight sound, he felt another presense but felt he should ignore it, his Rich emerald green eyes scanned the area for anyone, but he couldnt spot anyone who could cause any harm. Acwel quickly looked back to the woman. "Well?" he asked looking at her again.

Martine scowled, annoyed by the way the creepy man kept looking over her outfit. She was simply dressed nicely as she was intending on going to the Ministry that afternoon. "Why does my dress have anything to do with it?" she questioned, stubbornly. "You shouldn't make assumptions of my character based on appearances alone. Why, basing on appearances, I could make stupid assumptions that you were one who dealt in the Dark Arts. But obviously that's not true, as you wouldn't openly accost a woman like myself if you were engaged in such covert behaviour, I guess." She smirked slightly. Judging based on appearances was something she had learnt from a very early age not to do, and was something she would have to be especially careful not to do in a new place and - hopefully - new job.

Acwel watched her again, He turned away for a moment smiling slightly to himself, before doing another circle around her, "If you havn't realised, most Folks around here are Mysterious, Its not hard to spot a Bubbley person such as your self clacking along a deserted ally, it points out you simpley don't belong here" he said looking around again, "Allthough with a attitude such as yours, anyone could mistake you for belonging here, or being here just to stir up some trouble" he walked over to a bunch of crates before leaning against them. "What is your buisness here, apart from to disturb the silence with those Clacking things of yours which you call shoes" he said with a sly tone "A place like this isnt suited for you"

"First things first, I am not what you would call a 'bubbly' person. I am feeling cheerful today for reasons which do not concern you, and therefore I shall not be enlightening you as to what those reasons are," Martine explained, calmly. With an attitude like yours, old man, I feel we may be meeting in circumstances that are not to your favour, she thought. "I am not a child and I have the right to go where I please, sir," she added, a small hint of sarcasm evident in her address towards the man. She ignored the comment about her shoes - she felt her shoes were quite pretty. "I believe this place is perfectly suited for me," she muttered under her breath, ironically. When I'm an Auror, I am going to be checking out this place, she thought, smugly - although that smugness was not evident in her countenance.

Acwel Drummed his fingers against his leg as he listened to her explanation, once she finished he kicked off the crates slightly to stand up again. "Are you Quite finished" he said glaring at her. "well now that you have finished with that wide variety of excuses, i would like to begin to tell you, i am simpley telling you, people around here don't take kindly to..." he paused for a second giving her a quick look over, "People like you, if you have no real buisness here" he said in his Husky voice once again. "And sometimes when you go somewhere, were you arnt alloud, you can get in trouble, Didn't your parents ever tell you that" he looked around again, he moved back into the shadows and leaned up against the wall, pulling out a smoke from his pocket, and held in with his lips, Acwel grabbed his lighter and lit it slowly, he prefered the muggle way of lighting a smoke. not as much fun with a wand, lighting his Smoke he placed is lighter back in his pocket, Acwel took a quick draw of his Cigerette before continuing, "And you have Certainly made yourself heard by the people in this street with them shoes" he said looking at her shoes, before looking back at her, blowing out the smoke from his mouth slowly, allowing it to dance in the shadows.

Martine rolled her eyes. "Will you give the shoes a rest? I like them. I'm wearing them to a job interview." At the Ministry, so I can deal with old creeps like you. "There was nothing to say that I was not allowed here, sir," Martine continued. "Although my parents did teach me about the dangers of smoking." She gave him an innocent look, showing no trace of annoyance or fear. "I am more than capable of defending myself, but thank you oh-so-very much for the warning, sir. I shall take that in to consideration," she said with a sweet smile. If there was one thing Beauxbatons excelled in teaching, it was manners - even when those manners were laced with irony.

Acwel looked at her Coldly, "A Job Interview eh, and where might that be" he said looking at her, when she mentioned the dangers of smoking he gave a small smirk, "Smoking is a way of releasing tension without harming anyone" he said as he walked over to her, he gave a quick draw of the cigerette before blowing the smoke in the woman's Face. he smiled slightly before walking around her. "Oh i never said you can't defend yourself my dear, i was just saying keeping this up will make you become very unpopular in there parts" he said looking at her cracking his neck slightly, before taking another draw of his smoke.

"Again," Martine started, voice icy. "None of your business." She rolled her eyes again as the man mentioned smoking was harmless. "Oh, but I beg to differ, sir. Ever read muggle health warnings? Fascinating stuff. Smoking is very dangerous for your own health, and for the health of those around you." She smirked, knowing that the man probably couldn't care less. "I do not care for being popular around these parts," she added. "Why, I am simply exploring."

((lol, I guess Mike is posting now? :p ))

Acwel let out a sly chuckle, "Muggles what do they know" puffing out some smoke while he laughed. "Well sorry for trying to keep you safe out of a Death Eaters Clutches" he said keeping a sarcastic tone out of his voice. This Woman had no idea who he was, it was proberly for the best. "But if and When you do get caught, i doubt anyone will be there to help you" he said taking another quick draw before dropping the cigerette butt on the ground and stamping it with his foot.

Martine gave an exasperated sigh. "Well, thank you kindly for trying to keep an eye out for me, but if you knew the first thing about who I am and what I do, you would know that I don't need any safe keeping." The man had just informed her of the presence of Death Eaters in the area. Whether he was one or not was debatable. Martine wouldn't have thought a Death Eater would be as stupid to warn her off. "Now we could go through this all day, but I have places to go, so if you'll excuse me," she muttered, as she continued on her way.

Acwel laughed to himself as the woman walked off. "Not the brighest" he muttered to himself in the shadows. Acwel walked off in the other direction, walking around the courner he spotted a woman standing against the wall. and just looked at her

Users who are viewing this thread

Back