Cupcakes and Cakes and OMG Chocolate!

Rakas Varius

Wand
Knotted 13 1/2" Swishy Cypress Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
It had not been too long since Rakas Varius had a good meal. The only thing that was missing was, well, his brothers. He still considered Azerail his brother even if they never spoke or anything. It was almost heartbreaking. And Grezhen spent all of his time with Callisto Pisces. Rakas found himself looking for another place to live, so that Grezhen and Callisto could have their privacy. However there was nothing he could find. The red hair had yet to fade out completely, but Rakas was hoping to have his original brunette back soon enough. His green eyes and red hair really clashed. He looked like he had done something that was Christmas related. He was not that big on the holiday, but he did celebrate it. Growing up where nice things were often not found was his life, and he had come to terms with accepting it. Since he went professional, Rakas found himself with more money than he can spend, but he found himself also rather stingy with it. He didn't want to ever spend it in case he needed something immediately, like chocolate and cakes. Just thinking about those delicious, sugary treats made his stomach rumble. He placed his hand on his tight stomach before he thought, 'I really need to find something sweet before I end up passing out from not having enough.' Rakas was rather...he was just addicted to the sugary products, and nothing was ever going to change that. He shrugged lightly before he walked along the streets of New Zealand in a small town close to where he came from. Well, his original home town in his mind. In this outfit he was getting some strange looks, and he couldn't see why. He shrugged and went on his way, trying to find a shop or something where he cold get his sugary fill. He looked around with his hopeful green eyes, looking and looking for something good. Nothing look appealing. He was looking for a bakery. That was it, a bakery. Rakas hoped that he would find one soon enough. Since he went professional in Quidditch, he had to change up his diet. He got a lot more fit than usual, and his muscles were outlined clearly in his long-sleeved shirt. He had to eat a lot of meat, which was fine for him.

What wasn't fine was when they told him that he couldn't have sweets. Like hell he was going to listen to that! Rakas was a beater, and he was going to be a great one even if he had cake in his mouth while he played a game. Rakas' eyes finally landed on a bakery. He could feel his stomach leading him into the shop, before he was amazed by the glorious cupcakes, cakes and chocolate brownies and cakes everywhere. He thought that he had died and went to heaven. How awesome was this? Rakas looked around before he thought that he would need a cart just to get everything that he wanted in here. He decided that he would get a huge chocolate cake. He approached the counter and he decided that he would point it out to the woman that was running the shop. Rakas started, "So, that is the cake I wan-" he paused when he looked at just who he was talking to. It was that girl he came across last year, when he was younger and said hi, before he ran off because he was too shy to talk to her. Now what was coming out of his mouth would be equal words but little stammers before he fell into silence. The woman was beautiful, and he was almost entranced in her looks, but he had to get some cake, right? He needed some cake. Chocolate cake no less. He swallowed before he muttered, "Um...hi. Pleasure to acquaintance your meet. I mean, meet your acquaintance. So, how much for this cake?" Rakas looked down at the cake again before he looked back at the girl, hoping that he didn't totally just sound lame there, but he knew that he did. He was the laughing stock of manhood right now. He graduated from school and still couldn't talk to girls. How lame was that? There was something about pretty girls that made him stammer and want to run away. But his need for chocolate had his feet planted on the clean floor.

Daniella Snow was in the midst of frosting some red velvet cupcakes with frosting when she heard the loud chime of the bell that always went off when someone entered the bakery. She didn't immediately tend to whomever it was that entered because it usually took people a minute or two to decide what they wanted. Plus she was so close to finishing up the batch of cupcakes. Daniella hated waiting until they were cold to finish them. They always tasted better when they still a little bit warm and almost gooey in the middle. "I'll be able to help you in just one moment." Daniella replied softly as she finished icing up the last cupcake. Then she piled them all onto a tray in a neat little line and started over toward the case where they could be displayed for people to see. Daniella's blue eyes fell onto the customer that had entered the bakery. He looked familiar to her in some way, but Daniella wasn't quite sure where she had seen him at before. Perhaps he had come in here a few times before. He wasn't one of her usual's so she knew it wasn't that. A soft smile rose to Daniella's face. "Can I help you?" Hopefully the sweet he had in mind was already baked because otherwise he would be forced to wait or come back another day. Right now the shop was a little understaffed. The only two that were working was Daniella and another one of the baker's. But she was busy in back working on some fresh apple and pumpkin pie. Daniella felt herself growing hungry when the smell of the pie rose to her nose. She would have to wait though. She was busy with a customer, plus it wasn't time for her break yet either. That was the most difficult part about working at a bakery, was how hungry she was at times.

"Yo-you want the whole cake?" Of course if he wanted the whole cake, she would sell it to him. It was just that the cake was a really big cake. In fact, it was about the size of two cakes put together. So Daniella was just a little surprised that he might possibly want the whole cake. Daniella blinked and tried to resist smiling when she heard the guy stumble over his words. How cute was he? Daniella had people stumble over their words when talking to her before, but none that were as cute as he was. Danielle bit her lip and looked down at the price chart. The cake was a little bit pricey, but Daniella would do that boy a favor and knock it down some. Especially since he was already having one of those awkward moments. "Hey there! Mine name's Daniella!" Daniella was wondering if he was going to tell her his name or not. He didn't have to, since she only told him hers to hopefully make him feel less awkward. "Well for you....how about this...if you promise to come back and buy more sweets, this one will be on the house. Think of it as a welcoming gift." Daniella knew how to attract customers. They loved deals, and when she flashed those pretty baby blues of hers their way. But Daniella would hold back from this, it was kind of weird since she barely knew him and whatnot. Using her charm would be just rude at this point.

Rakas looked at the girl that was helping him once more, and he could almost stammer in her presence. She looked amazing, and he had a crush, just on her. There was just something about her, but he did not get to know her as much as he would have liked though. He did want to get to know her, but there was that little problem of his that he did not really know how to speak to women, or girls for that matter. Giselle was another matter because she was like his sister. Or adoptive niece really. Otherwise, he would not know too much about girls. Rakas once said hi to this girl, and he was not expecting her to know who he was, or even his name since he had never told her. Plus his name was rather odd. It was like reckless, but his parents were weird, and thought that it would be best to call him Rakas. He was actually the reckless Gryffindor, and he was a beater now for the professional Quidditch team that he played on. He was not famous, and never expected to be, but he hoped that he would be able to actually talk to this pretty girl. Perhaps without mixing his words up again. When the girl asked if he wanted the whole cake, he nodded before replying slowly, "Ye-yeah. That is the idea. Um, not had any chocolate in a long time, and I re-really need some." And there he went with the light stuttering yet again. Wow, he could really hit himself right about now because of how much of a pain that it would be just to get a cake from a pretty girl. How did his father talk to girls? His father was good friends with two! Both of them were stunning too, so how did he handle something like this? One would think that a Quidditch player knew how to talk to the ladies.

And then she said her name, and he blushed as red as his hair once more because he thought the name was beautiful, and it matched the type of girl she was. Beautiful. Well, her appearance, he did not know anything else about her even if he wanted to. How could he hope to be friends with her when he did not even know how to speak properly to her? Oh he was just hopeless. Clearing his throat, he managed a natural smile, before he made do with an introduction of himself, "Rakas. I am Rakas." He did not say his last name since she did not tell him hers. Her name was prettier than his, but he was not going to tell her that. That was definitely something that one waited until one was flirting anyway. Rakas then said that if he promised to come back and buy more sweets, then the cake was on the house. How amazing was that? She really knew how to bring in the customers, and he was just so thankful. He looked down at the cake and then back at her. "Um, thanks so much! So, if you want, you can um, help with the cake? Er, I mean, with eating it. Well, not the entire thing. What I want to ask is would you want to share this? But you don't have to if you don't want to. Which I wouldn't blame you because you are working and you don't know me." He had to clasp a hand over his mouth, to keep himself from saying anything further.

Daniella thought this guy was adorable. He was behaving like a shy little boy who just wanted a piece of cake or two. It was better than some of the people Daniella was forced to serve. Sometimes, snobby little bridezillas came in making demands for extravagant cakes for their special day. Daniella hated filling out the order forms with them; they sure knew how to make a girl feel special. They liked to rub it into her face that they were getting married to the love of their life, and she wasn’t. As much as she wanted to burst their bubble on the fact that she didn’t have someone she was in love with so it didn’t matter to her, she couldn’t due to the fact that she would lose her job. "I’m kind of interested to see this boy finish the entire cake all by himself too." Daniella didn’t make the cake herself, nut she knew that Macon’s cakes were by far the best in the entire bakery. One day, she hoped to make sweets as good as he did. Daniella smiled and took the cake out from the display case. Oh it smelled delicious! The sweet aroma of the chocolate filled her nostrils within seconds. Daniella’s stomach panged for just a small piece. "This cake will definitely fulfill any chocolate craving you have. Would you like me to wrap it up, or would you like just eat it in here?" He might be taking this home for a party or something, or he might just really want some chocolate and feel like eating it here. The bakery had a bunch of tables for customers to sit and eat at. Surprisingly it was more popular to eat-in at a bakery than most people would think. Daniella liked it when they did, it got less boring to have people around for her to talk to and clean up after.

Daniella was a bit surprised by this name. It was unusual, and wild sounding. Ultimately, it was different enough for her to like quite a bit. "I like your name! It sounds a bit wild!" More wild sounding that Daniella was anyway. It made her wonder vaguely if he was wild too. Sometimes a persons name could tell a lot about them. Other times it couldn’t be more off. His hair kind of made him seem wild. Daniella liked it, even if she wasn’t sure if it was natural or not. Not even a moment later, Daniella was asked to share the cake with the boy. He rambled a bit while asking her, so it was pretty cute. How could she not accept?! "Well, I do have a break coming up. I could just take it now and maybe eat a slice or something? Besides, you seem like you’re pretty interesting to talk to.” Daniella informed the other employees that she was going to take her break and closed took off the apron she had been wearing and put it to the side. Daniella stepped around so she was on the other side of the counter and gestured for Rakas to follow her. There was a table in the corner that was more secluded than the others. That was where they could sit. Daniella pulled one of the chairs out for Rakas then went over to her own and sat down. Thankfully, at all the tables were placed those ugly plastic forks and knives that were left for the diners. "Do you live around here?” Daniella asked curiously. She had never seen him around before, and she lived right in town. It was only a fifteen minute walk for her to get to and from work. Daniella liked this place. It was much more peaceful than her hometown was.

Rakas was merely nervous to be in the presence of such a beautiful girl. She was around his age too. That was the best part. If he could manage to talk to her, then he could make her a friend or something. Even though he could go as far to say that he was crushing on someone he did not know in the slightest. Just her name and that she worked in a bakery apparently. He was hoping that he did not act like a fool again in front of her. That was the last thing that he wanted. His green eyes went down to the cake and he was just eating it up with his eyes. It looked amazing, and he was dying for a slice. Maybe she was too? Rakas hoped so because he was just simply dying to talk to her more, even if he had trouble talking to her to begin with. Could he actually managed to talk her into joining him at the table, to eat a whole cake? They were magical, so why not? He only knew this because she was at Brightstone, where no muggles went as far as he was aware. Plus she seemed too pretty to be someone like a muggle. All of the muggles he had seen were rather hideous. "I think I will eat it here. Wrapping it up and me taking it home would be a waste because it would be all gone by the time I got there." Amazingly, all of those words slid off of his tongue, like he was a natural at speaking now. Luckily for him, there were a few tables here, and this bakery allowed those that wanted to just sit down and eat a slice of cake or something else that they wanted. Only he wanted the whole thing. He was definitely a chocolate lover. Any chocolate was absolutely delicious to him.

Once more, Rakas' cheeks turned the color of his hair when she spoke of how she liked his name. He grinned a bit and he muttered, "My mom had a thing for weird names. Rakas sounds like reckless, because I was indeed reckless. She didn't give me a proper name until I was three." So he managed to tell her a bit about his life story, not even meaning to. He wanted to apologize but the words just did not come out, so he did not. He never talked about his parents. They were horrible to him, and at least now he can tolerate someone coming within a foot from him without him freaking out. It was a good thing that he did not really talk on, because she soon accepted his proposal for her to come eat some cake with him. And she said that he was pretty interesting to talk to! He grinned a large, toothy grin. Oh how excited he was! He was going to get this pretty friend! Rakas could not have asked for anything better. He waited for her, before he followed the blonde over to the table in the corner. It was isolated from others, as if to give them privacy. She even pulled out the chair for him! Weren't guys supposed to do that for girls? He sat the cake down, and then sat himself down. He started carving the cake, and then gave Daniella a large slice, before treating himself to it as well. She asked if he lived around here, and he nodded, "Yeah, but out close to the woods. My brother loves it out there for some reason. I don't stay here long though, my Quidditch team has me traveling all over, but not where I want to go really. Err-what about you?" Once more, he had to stop himself from rambling. He did this also by placing a piece of heaven into his mouth, and almost drooling with how delicious it was. Thankfully, he managed to look normal, except for that spark of sheer happiness in those green orbs.

Biting her lip to hold in some laughter, Daniella looked carefully at the boy before her. He must really like cake if he had to have some as soon as people. Though she had no room to talk. When she first started working at the Bakery, she became obsessed with the chocolate chip muffins. By the end of her shift she had eaten at least three or four. Luckily she managed to kick the habit of snacking on them after some time. Daniella had one every once and awhile, but after the amount she had eaten all those years ago, they weren't all that appetizing to her these days. "Sir, I believe you may be addicted." Daniella had the smallest of smiles plastered on her face. If it was that easy for him to eat an entire cake, perhaps he should be going to this sort of place with someone else to make sure he didn't overdo it. Or if he became a regular here, Daniella could keep an eye on him and make sure he didn't indulge in too many sweets. It could be really unhealthy for him. Daniella felt kind of embarrassed that she cared so much about the health of some stranger. But she couldn't help it for some reason she felt like she needed to keep an eye on her customers. When the cake was finally revealed and Daniella was able to take her first bite of the cake, she smiled. Oh it was delicious! Daniella didn't bake it herself, if she had it was likely that it wouldn't taste as good. Daniella had been practicing her own skills in baking, but it was a slow process. Last time she tried to bake something extravagant she nearly burnt the bakery down. So for now she would stick to simple things like cupcakes and cookies. Maybe a loaf of bread or two.

"I don't think my parents tried with my name at all. Rakas is such a cool name though, your mother did a good job picking it. Why did it take her three days though?" Daniella figured it was because she was indecisive or something, but she had no right to really assume when she barely knew Rakas or his mother. Her parents chose such an original name for Daniella. It was French, or maybe it was Italian. Daniella didn't know, but it was kind of boring. They had so many kids that they probably didn't know what else there was for them to name her. Daniella learned to live with it though. Daniella was boring, but it could be worse. Daniella listened to Rakas explain his living situation, and him revealing that he was a Quidditch player. "Oh you play Quidditch? For what team? And you live with your older brother? Are you going to share some of this cake with him?" Daniella questioned with a small smile on her face. It was interesting to hear about his life. If was so different from her own. "I live only a couple of blocks away. I live by myself. Aside from working at the bakery I'm also doing research on fairies." Daniella had a passion for fairies and fairy dust. It fascinated her to no end. She wasn't licensed to study these things, so she did what she could to find out everything that she could about these little creatures. If Daniella could be anything else in this world, she would wish to be a fairy. Instead of a Veela. Mostly because she had never seen a fairy get criticized for being different. Luckily, Rakas didn't seem to notice her half-breed heritage just yet.

When Daniella said that she believed that he might be addicted, Rakas knew that he was addicted to the cake. Or chocolate rather. He absolutely loved chocolate, and he missed it after training with Quidditch. Rakas nodded slightly, and he finally said, "Yeah, I think that I might be addicted too. I don't want to go to rehab over this addiction though." Her smile made him turn red because she was just gorgeous, and she was smiling at him! She was actually smiling at him! He was so happy that she was! He wondered what all she did around here. Did she decorate, bake, or just deal with the customers? He would love it if he knew more. One could say that he had a crush on her, but he was just curious. "After I trained in professional Quidditch for a year, I could not have any sweets. So I am just needing to make do with what I can have before the season picks up again." Rakas needed to be able to indulge before he had to go through that hell again. He hated that part, but he liked Quidditch to some extent too. He looked over at Daniella and he beamed at her. She looked amazing. He could not stop thinking it, and he would continually think that. He had ever been in contact with a Part-Veela, so it was only natural for him to be thinking of this. At least she was eating the cake now, and since she did not say anything bad about the cake, he knew that she loved it. She loved it as much as he did. He loved anything chocolate. He did wonder who cooked it back there, since he did not see any other workers. With his attention all on Daniella, he could not remember anyone else in there.

The redhead looked down a bit and debated on sharing his life story. He shrugged, "I think they tried more than my mom. Um, my mom was nuts, and kind of forgot I did not have a name. They did not even take me to the hospital when I burned my hands." He looked down at his gloves for a moment. His hands were scarred still. His hands matched his torso, back and lower arms. However he never told anyone how he got burned. He was once a huge pyro, but he would have to slowly ease back into fire. It was fun to play with, but since he was burned, he kind of stayed away from it since he was never taught safety measures with it. "I play for the Woolongong Warriors, and as a beater. Grezhen doesn't like cake much. He is much more into meat." Raka shrugged, but he was going to get him a steak sirloin or something to take home to him. It did seem like she was interest with his life, but he did not want to share everything just yet. He would love to, but he did not know her all that well first. However she lived alone, and she was also doing research on fairies. That was interesting, even though he was not one for fairies... "Are you getting anywhere? I figured that with research of fairies, you might need to travel around or something." He did not know where they were at around here either. He was definitely not into that, but he thought that it was cute for her. Maybe she could tell him some cool things about fairies. He was interested what she did as hobbies. He continued to eat some of the cake and he grinned, "What else do you do? Or, what else are you interested in?"

Daniella blinked before briefly cocking her head to the side, what on earth was rehab? It sounded like it was something muggle related, maybe even magical related too but if it was, then it was rare enough for Daniella to never have heard of it. "I have no idea what a rehab is, but is that the place where addicted people go?" Rakas had mentioned a minute ago that he didn't want to go there because of his addiction. Daniella wondered what they did to people there if Rakas didn't want to go. Daniella was unsure if she was addicted to anything or not. A part of her really loved fairies, but if her love for them became an issue, she could find a million other things to focus on. Was Rakas so in love with sweets that he would kill a person to have some? Suddenly Daniella felt a lot safer on the other side of the counter. "So you're not allowed to have any sweets during the season? Wow the season seems so long though, I would die without some sort of sugar in my system for that amount of time." It made sense though, the players needed to be in top physical shape during the Quidditch season in order to play their best, and if they were allowed to eat a lot of sugar it would be harder to keep in shape. Poor Rakas would be doomed to fail with his diet, he could barely control himself now. It seemed like the more someone couldn't have something, the more they wanted it. Daniella was super glad she never tried to play Quidditch professionally, she had a real sweet tooth and it would kill her to be on a diet where she couldn't have sugar whenever she wanted it.

"I'm sorry to hear that, some parents are just rotten and it's not right to treat their own children like that. Both of my parents are dead so....." Daniella shrugged. She felt bad that his parents would do such a thing to him, he seemed like he was a really sweet guy who would never deserve that kind of treatment. Daniella had never really had that sort of problem with her parents. When her dad was alive he would be pretty mean, but he died not too long enough so his mean and viscous behavior didn't really matter anymore. Daniella's mom on the other hand, had died when she was pretty young so Daniella barely remembered what she was like, except that she always smelled so nice and loved children. "Maybe one of these days I'll come to one of your games, if you win I'll give you a free cake or something." Daniella was getting the idea that he really liked sweets, maybe she could convince him to up his playing at the next game with sweets. Hopefully his coach wouldn't find it out either, Daniella didn't want to get in trouble because she was sharing sweets with one of his players. "What else am I into? Oh well...I like baking and shopping, and well I don't want to bore you with my interests." Daniella liked to do girl things that Rakas probably didn't care about. Like painting her nails or trying on dresses. Daniella also liked to bake, but that was pretty obvious considering the fact that she worked inside of a bakery. Rakas kind of seemed like he would prefer to hang out with someone who was more sporty and wild, and not a complete girly girl.

Rakas chuckled when she seemed to not know what rehab was. It was a place where people addicted to drugs went, or even alcohol. He assumed that anyone addicted to anything could easily go there. He might be able to because of his really big addiction to chocolate. Sweets in general could not last around him. "Yeah it is a place where people with some serious addictions go. It is supposed to make people healthy but I think it is only for druggies now that I think about it." Rakas did not want to go there really. He shook his head full of unnaturally red hair that he really needed to turn back to his original color, which was brown. The potion really did some damage to him and such. He sighed and took another bite of the delicious chocolate cake that just melted in his mouth. Rakas suddenly wished that he did not join the Quidditch team when he was drafted in after a few months of leaving school. He did not really want to have to deal with not having any sweets. "You know, since I am not allowed to have cake and such, strict coach, I do not know if I even want to go back. This cake is just too good. But that is the only way for me to travel the world." Rakas wanted to be able to travel to the Americas though and he had yet to do so. He always wanted to play with fire too. He just wanted to have some fun and Quidditch was not doing it. He was thinking enough about his future enough for him to drop the fork that he was eating the cake with. He was in that much in thought. Sometimes when he was in thought he forgot everything around him.

Nodding, Rakas had to agree with that. Some parents were rotten. He had a great big brother though, and that was the best. "I am sorry to hear about your parents. Mine are gone too. Car crash I think. But my brother cared for me. I hope you have good siblings to take care of you too, or other family." It was sad to think that Grezhen was the only family that he had. But he had friends in Quidditch, and he had some friends at the school still. He did not contact Aphrodite, but he thought that he should one day, to see how the team is going. He was sure that she was handling it just fine without him. The even mention of her coming to one of his games to bring him free cake if he won, made him blush heavily. "Um, really?! You would really come to one of my games? The cake would just be a bonus but I would love to see you again after today." Rakas really wanted to be able to see her again. She was stunning, and they were actually talking and having a conversation. That was the best part of this all. And he was not stuttering like an idiot like before. "Your interests cannot be more boring than mine. One of the things I am into would be to make fire, so what is so interesting about that?" Rakas leaned forward a bit on the table and he grinned at her, "You should really tell me what you are interested in. I would love to set a date to do something that interests you. Talking to you at your work is not long enough, you know?" The former Gryffindor finally showed his bravery by somewhat asking Daniella out on a date. Sort of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back