Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Zara was dressed as any normal person would with a slight twist in that she was a hitman seeing as they purposely looked like any other person. She did also have a long chain that she knew could injure people if swung fiercely but she wrapped that around her hand. She wasn't exactly practiced in these sorts of tools. She preferred to stick to paint brushes and quills as her weapons. Still she felt a little festive as she knew that she could be considered to be 'normal' now so the very normal Ravenclaw treated herself to a glass of punch and took a few lollies from a nearby bowl and looked around at all the costumes.

After being excused from the last conversation she was having, Darcy was feeling considerably less festive, but she wasn't ready to leave just yet. Especially since she had decided she would look out for Lydia if she needed help; you could never be too sure about things. As the Slytherin was walking around the great hall she noticed she hadn't seen in a while and smiled instantly. Darcy walked through the crowd over to the Ravenclaw and said, "Zara, hey!" She gave the girl a small hug in greeting and when she stepped back she asked, "How have you been?"

There was a distinct difference between acting one way and truly feeling another. To Zara it was all dependent upon her company. Her smile became more genuine, less calculated and she felt at ease entirely so she gave a hug to the red head that made her feel most like herself. "Hi," she replied as their hug ended. "I've been good. Super busy. How about you?" she asked, knowing that OWLs must be the only thing Darcy had on her mind these days, hence their separation for far too long.

Darcy was in a considerably better mood now that she had run into Zara. The boy, Havoc, had ruined her chances of hanging out with Lydia because for all she knew the two liked each other and wanted to spend time alone. Which made Darcy even more grateful to Zara's appearance at the feast. She nodded in agreement to Zara's comment and said, "Same, it's my OWL year so I've been focusing on that." Darcy took a sip of her drink and looked Zara up and down, taking in her costume. "What are you dressed as?" she wondered. "I like this," she added, lightly touching the chain around Zara's hand, even if she wasn't entirely sure what it was for.

Zara smiled as Darcy confirmed her assumptions about OWLs. She could only imagine how difficult they would be as she had struggled so far as she didn't find that she was studying as best as she could be. There were so many other things she had to think about lately that History of Magic could hardly keep her attention for a lecture. She was about to answer Darcy's question about her costume when their fingers brushed when Darcy had touched the chain around her hand and part of it fell to the ground, unravelling itself as she blushed profusely. Girls did not touch hands. That was something she ought to do with Asaiah. That was normal, after all. "It's uh... I'm a hit man," she said, struggling to find her words as she looked down and shook her head as if to shake away what had made her so embarrassed. "You know... They look like normal people just with extra tools," she said, making a nervous joke and an even more nervous laugh to go with it. To switch the subject the young Ravenclaw looked over into the crowd and asked, "I wonder what that Professor is meant to be." She pointed towards the long haired professor she didn't know the name of. She couldn't understand what his wearing pyjamas might indicate but still the subject could easily be directed away from her now.

Darcy didn't expect the chain in Zara's hands to slip and unravel as she touched it so she said, "Sorry!" seeing as the motion had shocked the Ravenclaw girl. When she explained what she was, Darcy smiled and said, "That's clever." It was very similar to Havoc's thought process in his costume, if you could call it that, except not quite as disturbing because his choice of words were the most alarming part. "I don't suppose you can take someone out for me now? Some of the boys are so weird," she joked. As Zara pointed out someone else's costume, Darcy looked over to where she was pointing and chuckled. "That's my Divination professor," she said, not that it helped them decipher what his costume was. "I like his hair though, it's always so voluminous," she smiled.

Zara's cheeks flushed but she didn't recognize Darcy's apology so there would be no more attention drawn to it. She didn't red that sort of rumour going around the school especially when things were still fragile with Asaiah. She knew that he liked her but she didn't really know what that meant so the girl was just particularly careful right now. She didn't want to mess things up. Glad that this was now passed she smiled and said, "Thanks, I like yours. You look like you should be on a muggle boat." Truth be told, Zara didn't know a whole lot about the muggle world so she could only assume so from old photos. "I can try? Which boys?" she asked, knowing that boys as a whole were pretty strange and that she completely agreed with Darcy on that front so she probably wouldn't miss any of them. Except her brother and she supposed now that she should care for Asaiah. "Isn't your aunt or something one of the Divination professors too?" Zara asked, assuming their relation to be more distanced because of the large age gap.

Darcy flashed a bright grin and said, "Thank you, that's what I was going for!" Since she had thrown her costume together last minute, she was glad to hear that she could pull off an actual costumed look and not just a normal outfit from her wardrobe, which it technically was. When Zara suggested she could try to take out whoever Darcy wanted, the Slytherin chuckled and just shook her head. "Never mind, it's not worth it," she said, already forgetting about Havoc's inconvenient timing now that she was in better company. For some reason, Darcy's cheeks went slightly pink when Zara brought up her sister as the other Divination professor. "She's my older sister actually," the Slytherin corrected with a small nervous laugh. "Getting the position is kind of the reason why we all transferred here," she said delicately. "It was weird having her as my professor last year," she admitted, "so I'm glad the long-haired guy teaches the upper levels. I wouldn't want her being my teacher to have affected my OWL or NEWT years in any way," she explained with a small smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back