Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 11 inch Larch wand with Hippogryff Feather
Ilija managed to make it to the fourth floor before the tears started. After the events of the Wiggentree, he wanted nothing more than to hide his face from all the critical, judgemental students of the school. He didn’t want those he cared about to find him either, that would have just been embarrassing. He had been aiming to get back to his common room, but he darted into the student lounge instead when he realised he couldn’t swipe at his cheeks fast enough to not make it obvious, so he needed a new distraction. The fourth year began to pace around the room, darting down any part of the lounge that didn’t seem to be occupied as he mulled things over, heart hammering in his chest. This had been the worst year for him, he was sure of it. After everything that had happened between his friends and his health, he was just trying to do something to make himself happier again and it had completely backfired. He couldn’t stop the aching in his chest anymore, and leaning behind a bookshelf, began to sob, shamed at the prospect that even as nearly a fifth year, he wasn’t quite strong enough.

The end of his last year at the school was creeping up far too quickly for Leif's liking. The boy had never thought he'd spend most of his final year struggling with everything and anything. He'd always figured he'd just fully make the most of it, but early on in the year it was clear to him that it wouldn't be like that. The seventh year had made his way over to the student lounge and had sat himself down on one of the sofas, waiting for a couple of friends who'd meet him there. He hadn't been seated for too long when he noticed a boy walk in. He wasn't sure of it, but something was off about the kid and he seemed almost desperate to stay away from the other students in the lounge. Being who he was Leif couldn't just leave the kid like that, even if he seemed like he might not want to deal with anyone right now. The seventh year got up and made his way over to where the boy was, now noticing that he'd started to cry. He went to stand next to him, casually crossing his arms and leaning back against the bookshelf to shield the boy somewhat more from the view of the room. It seemed like he had enough to deal with without the eyes of the several students in the lounge on him as well. Leif turned his head towards the younger boy and slightly nudged him. "Things really that bad, kid?"

Ilija had believed that he was out of the view of everyone, but when he opened his eyes, he jumped and quickly wiped at his face, pushing his emotions back down as someone was standing right beside him. "No, it's fine." he lied, much too shy to actually admit to even his friends that there was something wrong. He was shaking as he realised that this older boy was probably only even asking him so that he could tease him like the rest of the students. He was invisible to most people he cared about, and some students seemed to misunderstand only the worst aspects that were going on with him. He peered up at the older boy, whom he vaguely recognised from his own house, but quickly looked away again. His eyes were much too red to hide what was going on. "I will be fine." he added, knowing he couldn't exactly pretend he hadn't been crying at all. The boy was blocking the isle which both relived and scared Ilija more. Now he couldn't get out either, and he was trapped in this corner of the library. Either he risked making a scene or he'd have to put up with whatever interrogation this boy was going to do.

Leifs face softened as the boy almost literally jumped when he noticed him. This kid really didn't want anyone to see whatever was going on. Ofcourse he couldn't blame him for it. Whatever was going on with this kid obviously wasn't anything fun and then to be hiding behind a shelve in an attempt not to be seen probably made him feel even more anxious. "You sure?" He asked him gently. If this kid really didn't want to talk about it he'd respect that, but he also knew how much worse things could get by bottling them up and not talking about it and he didn't want that for the boy. However, the seventh year wasn't a fool and clearly noticed that the boy didn't seem completely comfortable with him standing there, which was understandable as well since Leif was fairly tall and at least a couple of years older. "Well you don't have to tell me ofcourse," He started, trying his best to get the boy to see that he didn't mean any harm. "I mean if you want me to leave I'll leave, but it just looked like you could use a friend."

It took Ilija a moment but he ultimately believed this boy wasn’t actually here to taunt him any more. He sighed, not really even knowing where to begin even if he did want someone to talk to. Ilija didn’t really know what he wanted. He didn’t have many friends and so he really should have taken the opportunity of someone talking to him, but he didn’t want to bother the boy either. He shifted in his position, unsure of how to make the best of this awkward situation. “I just have a lot on,” it was somewhat of an understatement, and one that he was sure applied to most of the students too. “And I just got told I was gross for going out with a second year,” he admitted, his cheeks turning scarlet as he told the boy straight out. He expected this boy to act the same way Nell had, to scold him and suggest that their two year age gap was too big, maybe he’d be known to have a bad reputation soon. “I didn’t think it was that bad,” he continued, tears springing to his eyes again, and swiping at them angrily with his sleeve. The whole situation was more complicated given that he was only dating Padme in the first place to distract him from someone else, but, one issue at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back