Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Straight 12 Inch Flexible Ash Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Archie left his graduation thinking he would never return to school again, yet there he was returning to teach a class only a couple of years later and he could not be more excited. The freedom of being an adult was an experience like no other and Archie loved spending his time exactly how he wanted, without the pressure of grades and school clubs looming on his shoulders. But no matter the freedom he now had as a graduate, he always thought back on his time at school missing the many memories made with Orwell and his other friends. In that sense it was almost surreal to walk the school halls again without Orwell by his side nor Jean who had passed away and it was furthermore surreal to have a sense of authority as a 'professor' regardless of it being temporary. Archie however did not have much time to linger on these many thoughts as he walked the halls that morning with a purpose in mind to find one of his other friends. A fellow Gryffindor who was a few years younger than him and still young enough to be in school but a friend nonetheless.

Archie approached the great hall and the Gryffindor table, feeling out of place although at home at the same time as he spotted Lizzie and sat next to her in a manner that he hoped would not draw her attention. He pulled a plate closer to him and placed two pieces of toast on top of it, before clearing his throat. "Pass the butter, please." He said to Lizzie, wondering how long it would take for the girl to realize who exactly she was passing the butter to.

Breakfasts at school didn't really feel that much different to Lizzie than breakfasts at home. Lots of hungry people grabbing for lots of food and making lots of noise. The only thing that was really different at school was that Lizzie didn't have to worry about serving guests, and could focus on whatever she wanted. Her focus this morning was a book she was flipping through for History of Magic, reading up before class while she idly munched on cereal. She felt an older student sit down next to her and begin getting things for their own meal but didn't really think anything of it at first, focusing on her book.

The voice asking for butter was oddly familiar, but Lizzie didn't realise who was talking to her until she had turned to face him, butter in hand, and was met with the sight of the mentor who had helped her so much through her tumultuous second year. "ARCHIE!" She shrieked, dropping the butter on the table to wrap her arms around him in a big hug. "I can't believe it, what are you doing here?!" Lizzie asked in delight, overwhelmingly happy to see her old captain again.

Lizzie's reaction was priceless and everything Archie could have asked for. He smiled at his friend, returning her suffocating hug and shrieking in return out of his own excitement to be back somewhere that meant so much to him, uncaring that he was likely causing commotion in a place where students sat trying to peacefully eat breakfast. He continued to smile as he moved away from Lizzie's hug to answer her question. "Catch this, I'm like, the flying professor." He said, then soon realizing Lizzie might think he was staying for good so he elaborated. "Only for a semester, though. I'm surprised they're letting me back at all." He then joked, surprised at his success but not letting that deter from how happy and excited he was. "So, how's school been? Are there any changes I need to know about?" Archie asked, leaning forward and placing his elbows on the table as he turned the conversation to his friend.

Lizzie's jaw dropped as she listened to Archie. "Teaching?! Oh my god, that's so cool! You're gonna be here all the time! Is it weird being a teacher? What are their secret common rooms like? Do you have an office? Can we hang out in your office while I'm meant to be in class?" She paused for a moment. "I mean, can we hang out in your office while I'm between classes?" Lizzie repeated innocently, then gave Archie a grin.

Lizzie thought for a moment, considering the last few years. "Well, we won the Quidditch cup last year." She grinned, deciding to start off with the good stuff. "And the winners of the cup get to play Beauxbatons now, though we lost to them. I got some really good hits in that game though, no-hit Lizzie is history." She grinned. "I nearly took their seeker out." Lizzie pondered a bit longer. "Other than that, school is pretty much school. I just play Quidditch and fly all the time. There's still not much else to do." Lizzie paused again for a moment. "Except like, study all the time. For OWLs. All the time I'm studying. And never doing anything wrong."

Archie smiled as Lizzie enthused about his position as a professor. He was glad she was as excited about it as he was and he quickly answered her first set of questions. "It's weird but fun, the common room is way more boring then you think it is and I do get an office!" He exclaimed. He was however unsure about letting Lizzie skip classes to kill time in his new office no matter the fact he would have asked her the same thing if their roles were reversed. While it would be fun and a great way to catch up with his friend, he did not want to distract her from school too much while he was there. "We can totally hang in between your classes!" He eventually answered, nodding at her to confirm this.

Archie was about to ask Lizzie what had happened with quidditch when she began to tell him about it on her own. He continued to nod enthusiastically as she spoke, and gasped with surprise and excitement when Lizzie said Gryffindor won the quidditch cup last year. She then also explained whoever wins the cup took on the Beauxbatons team and that she was hitting enough bludgers to almost take out other players. He was exceptionally proud of both Lizzie and the Gryffindor team and glad that regardless of not winning when he was a captain himself, that he had chosen the right people to be the captains after him and that the team was clearly in good hands. "That's so good! If you want we could always practice together for old time's sake. I might be rusty but it could be fun if you get bored of studying for your owls" Archie suggested, already anticipating watching Gryffindors quidditch games that semester and wondering what it would be like to actually practice keeping again as it had been a while since he played quidditch let alone practiced.

Lizzie beamed, relieved that Archie hadn't chastised her for her slip up. "Awesome! This is so cool, I still can't believe it! You're gonna be such a great teacher!" She grinned, delighted. "Man, I almost wish I was a first year again so I could be in your classes." Lizzie nodded excitedly, listening to Archie's offer. "Yeah! That would be awesome! I bet you're not rusty, you'll still be great." She grinned, overjoyed at the thought. "I practice every weekend, you should definitely join me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back