Corvus Panthera Ophidia

Ulysses Viteri

OOC First Name
Liam
Wand
Curly 14 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Demiguise Hair Core
Ulysses Viteri had taken that Monday night his late wanderings to a whole new level. He had mostly limited himself to visiting the towers after curfew and not roaming aimlessly like most late night wrongdoers were used to. Breaking the rules wasn't really in his nature. If he wasn't tempted by his crazy gryffindor friend, he mostly chose to stay in the complete darkness of a tower's balcony, sitting on a stool while gazing the night sky through his telescope. He wasn't sure if this was against the rules. Of course he was out of the common room after curfew but merely for academic reasons. It had to be nighttime and dark to study the stars. Then was when the magic was happening. So far he wasn't caught by anyone but in case he was, claiming that he was out of his bed for academic reasons, wasn't really a strong alibi. Ulysses hoped that if this unfortunate moment was ever going to come, to be lucky at least and get caught by an astronomy professor.

The towers were his after midnight lookout to another world that most people where ignoring or conceived as million of bright spots on the dark canvas of the night. He could see past this blandness, something he didn't really share with other peers when they couldn't really understand. He wished he had other astronomy enthusiasts around him but for now he was glad that the school had such suitable locations for him to set his equipment and observe. That night had featured a meteor shower and he was bold enough to leave the castle and set his telescope by the lake. The farther he was from the castle's lights the better the visibility of the celestial objects that were entering the atmosphere. Ulysses lost track of time as he observed the shooting stars but he felt blessed to have witnessed this magical phenomenon. When he found out that it was just a couple of hours before the sunrise, he quickly collected his telescope, star charts and folding stool and rushed back to the castle. There were only a few torches lit in the castle so the shadows were concealing his presence as he was climbing the grand staircase to reach the towers and Ravenclaw's common room. It was in that blackness that he couldn't see clearly either and he bumped into someone. "Ouch!" he cried in a whisper and grasped his head in pain. Long hair caressed his face and he thought it should be someone around his age to be of the same height and possibly a girl. Blindly he searched his pockets to find his wand and cast some light on the fellow night wanderer.

OOCOut of Character:
Dear professors lurking around.
Please pm me to let you know the right time for you to step into the scene. I want first the plot to progress a while before having my character moving to an office explaining himself before a professor in sleepwear. :p

Thanks

Doriana put the bird cage on the ledge of the opened window and released the birds that were kept imprisoned. She couldn't see them flying into the know but she was convinced they were happy for being free again. This was happening regularly. At least once a week. She was sneaking in the darkness to break into charms' or transfiguration's classes and release the animals used during the practical part of the classes. Tonight she had visited the storage backroom of transfiguration class. She had picked a couple of random cages keeping confined feathered critters and she had granted them freedom. Birds weren't meant to be caged, in her view. Their feathers were made to master the winds, their songs too sweet and wild. It was a blasphemy the captivity of such unrestrained creatures and she couldn't ignore it and stay empty-handed. She was risking a lot but it was worth it. Every time she was releasing another animal into the wild it was as if a weight was lifted from her shoulders. She wished she could free them all but she couldn't stay there longer. The professors were bringing more animals when they were finding out that some of them were missing so her job was never ending. At the first opportunity she was going to be dressed again in black and blend in the shadows.

She was thinking of taking another cage and release its prisoners but she had lingered for too long there. Halfhearted she departed from the transfiguration class carefully walked into the corridor's darkness. Her wand at hand but didn't mean to cast the bright orb of light on its tip. Her free hand was tracing the wall to navigate with her sense of touch around the corners. She stumbled upon several unlit torches on her way but she was expecting them to be there. Another human? Well, that wasn't expected. She must have bunt the other person, feeling her long hair being tangled among blindly seeking fingers. She managed to keep her balance and her own hands felt her hurting forehead. The boy's stifled moan sounded familiar.
"Uli? Is that you?" She thought she had recognized her ravenclaw friend but she had to make sure.

Searing fiery bursts pulsated around his face but at least the one who had caused them was a friend. It was kind of relieving that he hadn't came across a stranger or worse, a prefect. "It's me!" he told her, keeping his voice low. He pulled felt his noise. The warm fluid that moistened his hand must have been blood. Immediately he pulled his wand from his pocket and flicked it, carefully not to take an eye off. "Lumos!" he whispered and an orb of golden light glowed on the tip of the wand. His eyes met Doriana's grey ones but he lowered his gaze on his hand that had scarlet blood on it. "Why are you up that late?" he asked her a little bit frustrated that he had to run into her like that. "Oh, no. Not again!" he groaned and rolled his eyes when he thought he had figured what she was doing out of bed.
"Please tell me you haven't been setting free animals used in classes again?" it was a rhetoric question really. He didn't really need her answer. He was convinced that this was her business, keeping her out of Gryffindor's common room that late. Ulysses could understand to some extend her care towards those animals. He had helped her in the past because he had found her motives rebellious but well-intend. If she was going to keep doing this though, she was certainly going to get caught at some point and who knew what was going to be the detention. Not only she was out after curfew, something he was doing as well, but she was also releasing animals which were school's property. She had a different opinion of course and that's why he didn't try to tell her that again.
"How bad is the nosebleed?" he asked and brought his wand closer to his face.

The girl sighed relieved at the presence of her friend. It was good to see his face as he cast light from his wand. Even with his nose bleeding.
"I'm so sorry." She whispered apologetically and quickly searched her pockets. "Let me take care of this." She pulled a tissue out of the small pack and started tenderly wiping the blood coming from his nose. "I haven't." Doriana lied and tried to avoid the subject. Ulysses had helped her once release a few animals in the forbidden forest. The two of them did managed to smuggle the animals out of the castle and grant the freedom but Ulysses clarified that he wasn't keep going to help her while her activities were breaking the school rules. Ever since the two of them had went back to the forest a few more times to release more animals. They were also visiting a specific location deep in the forest. The reason they two of them were returning daily at the forbidden forest was agreed to remain a secret. Ulysses was her best friend and although he was really against misbehavior, Doriana always had her way to convince him and break the rules just for one last time.

The girl chose not to bother him tonight. Releasing flying animals from the classroom's window was easy enough to carry through without assistance. For a typical ravenclaw who was supposed to stay at the common room after curfew, finding there wandering in the dark was high-suspicious.
"Wasn't you who were against late night walks?" Doriana questioned with a sarcastic tone.
"It isn't strange that I have been wandering around. You on the other hand." She paused for a moment to cast a judgmental glance on him.
"You were supposed to be sleeping if not studying." She mocked him for being such a fastidious student. Doriana continued wiping his upper lip to clean it as the bleeding had stopped. "You're fine. Mind if you tell me what you had been doing out that late?" She almost demanded for an answer. She had slyly changed the center of attention from her on him. She was in no mood to apologize again for doing something so right in her opinion.

Ulysses brought his wand closer to her to be able to see while searching her pockets. She got a tissue and started tend his bleeding nose. Fortunately there wasn't enough light for Doriana to see the subtle blush on his ears. Her grey eyes were lighter under the charm's light and he could help but stare in them as she was occupied cleaning the blood. "You are a terrible liar." he responded to her refusal of the obvious. He was convinced he was going to find empty cages if he was going to check out the rooms were the animals were stored. Ulysses liked the sensitivity Doriana displayed on that matter. At the same time though he couldn't wipe out of his mind that her actions collided with the school's rule. The animals were school's property as well as the house elves she was so desperately trying to convince to rise up and demand a salary. He had tried once to tell her that and he only received a really nasty look.

The ravenclaw could tell she was trying to steer clear from her guilty actions by putting him in an awkward position and explain why he was out of the common room. "I still am." he rushed to defend his view on abiding by the rules. "That's why I was looking for you. I knew you would be wandering around so I'm here to put some sense into your head." he lied as well but he knew he didn't sound convincing either. He couldn't tell her that he had been sneaking out of the common room because of his obsession over the stars. He was supposed to bring the force of example to her. By admitting the truth, there was no way to persuade her stop breaking rules. "Look, I've helped you so many times but I can't be chasing you around the castle and grounds to reason with you. You risk my reputation as well. Do you have any idea what is going to happen if we get caught?" he asked, getting her to feel guilt, if that was going to work with her case.

She didn't convince him and she wasn't going to try harder when she wasn't spared the lecturing. She groaned softly when he claimed that he was following her to make her come to her sense. "Who's the terrible liar now." She scoffed and deliberately pressed a little harder the tissue on his nose in retribution. "You're good to go." She said and handed him the bloody tissue. "Back to your common room. I'm doing fine just on my own." She said confidently. She greatly appreciated his help when they visited the forest but she had managed on her own tonight. Doriana wasn't planning to tell him about the birds she had released earlier in transfiguration classroom. They were partners in crime but when she acted solo she preferred keeping it to herself. She could tell though that he wasn't either as innocent as he pleaded. There were times she was asking for his help and he was allegedly overworked and had homework to do. She doubted that he was staying up late to study when they were most of the times studying together and they had finished earlier their homework. The girl had noticed that he was coming up with such excuses mostly during full moon. The idea that her best friend was secretly a werewolf had really creeped in her head but she didn't want to ask him directly. They were friends, he was supposed to trust her. Then her grey eyes locked on his backpack. "What's in there?" She asked highly suspiciously as she folded her arms against her chest. "Let me guess, some rope to tie me up and drag me back to my common room?" Her voice was dripping with sarcasm as she narrowed her eyes on him.

Aras liked his unextraordinary life at Hogwarts. Classes were succeeding each other and when they were over for the day, the slytherin was mostly visiting his favorite, abandoned classroom to train. His dream was to become a professional duelist and duel with some of the most skillful wizards and witches in the world. He aspired his interviews to be featured in relevant magazines and papers, his smug face decorating the rooms of thousand adolescent girls and boys, maybe even have one day his own famous wizarding card. He was thirsty for fame and appreciation so he was working hard. No enough time for hanging out with classmates and making friends. Most people were looking boring to him anyway. There was just one girl he had came to know better but the young Lithuanian was never going to become friends with. He hated her with every fabric of his being for humiliating and getting him into trouble. He hadn't forgotten the detention he was granted, when he had to apologize to her and work together to clean the trophy room. He wasn't bitter about the hundreds of trophies and cups he had to polish off without the means of magic. His antipathy towards the girl he only knew her first name, stemmed largely from the way she had confronted him that day at the school's courtyard. Aras didn't like other people messing around his own business and he wasn't the forgetful kind either. He was really vengeful and patient as well. A dangerous combination for those he really disliked.

The girl was named Doriana and he knew nothing more about her. They were exchanging nasty looks every time Slytherins and Gryffindors were sharing classes but they weren't talking. However, Aras was observing. He was a quite person with a loud mind and his alert eyes were his informers. He had noticed suspicious actions from that girl. He could swear he had seen her sneakily putting a couple of toads in her bag the other day, during a transfiguration class. In addition, he had witnessed her along with another ravenclaw boy, heading towards the forbidden forest a few times. These and a few more instances were raising suspicions to the boy and a subtle curiosity to find out what the two of them were really scheming.

Tonight he had decided to follow her closely. It was the first time he was out of the dungeons' common room after curfew and he hadn't expected to feel this adrenaline rush. If you were careful you could easily avoid the patrolling prefects and professors. The castle was mostly unlit with only sporadic torches aglow. They were like beacons showing the way, the next turn and then you were back into the black embrace of darkness. His sight was adjusted to blackness and he remained for quite enough time at a dark corner of the seventh floor with his wand in hand, mentally practicing the spell learnt that morning. From the shadows he could see whether someone was entering Gryffindor's common room or exiting it. There wasn't much movement and with a yawn, impossible to supress, he considered taking the way back to the dungeons.

When the large portrait slid aside against the wall and a silhouette stepped outside in the torch light, he rooted to the spot. A smirk was carved on his face but it remained secret in the darkness of his hiding spot. Like a buttefly into the flame he thought to himself and his smirk grew wider as he recognized the girl. Aras followed her silently. Puzzled, he watched her entering transfiguration classroom and spending some time there. He pressed his ear againt the closed door while he had decided to stay at the corridor outside. There wasn't much he could listen. At some point he though he had heard a bird's squawk. When he heard her footsteps growing louder behind the door, he ran back into the shadow.

He continued following her around the corridor. No torches were lit there so he was cautious with his steps. When he thought he had lost her, he heard a low cry and his feet froze. He clenched his wand. What have happened? Then voices were whispering. He took a few steps closer to the whispers and he recognized them. The girl named the boy and Aras knew it was her ravenclaw best friend. Aras didn't make his presence known. He stayed away from the light source cast by the other boy's wand. He could see their faces and even discern the ravenclaw's bleeding nose. The girl he so much hated cleaned it and they started asking about each other's late night business. Aras rolled his eyes in the darkness and he pretended a silent gag of disgust as he listened to their little talk. He remained still and waited to see what was going to follow. Any information he could elicit could bring him closer to sweet revenge.

Ulysses left a low groan when she pressed the tissue harder than she was supposed to. He looked straight into her eyes with a grimace, ready to complain but his expression melted slowly into an impish smile. Regardless of her bossy attitude, Doriana was a good friend and it was quite interesting to be around her. She stopped being caring and her domineering attitude returned shortly after. "Thanks." he sighed and received in the dark the tissue as she suggested him to return back to his common room. There was no point in staying around when she didn't need him. He could only wish she was going to be alright and not get caught that late.

Ulysses had began feeling drowsy and he wanted to get into his comfy bed but Doriana wasn't ready to dismiss him just yet. He bit his lower lip when she turned her attention on his backpack. He cracked an awkward smile he wished he didn't, only to escalate he suspicious mind. Unfortunately, his guilt was visible even under his spell's, dull light. Doriana was a good friend but he was afraid that she was going to take advantage of his late night habit. If she knew he was visiting the towers or the grounds after curfew to observe the night sky, any power to make her think rationally for her late night deeds, would have been gone. He didn't even want to think of how badly she was going to rub it in his face when he actually was doing something similar to what he was preaching her to stop.

He took a step back in defense but he mustered a confident expression, ready to evade the spotlight she was trying to put him under. "Ropes won't do the trick. I would have to stun you if I wanted to get you back to your common room." he quipped and didn't waste time, letting her to ask more questions. "I was doing homework. Yes, that late." he really didn't make allowances for Doriana to dispute his account. "Something you should have been doing as well. You should stop acting like a green anarchist and keep yourself occupied with a different kind of OWLs, not the birds." he punned unaware of his friend's recent activity of bird releasing in the transfiguration classroom. Not that he wasn't suspecting something similar.

Ulysses paused for a moment and listened carefully. He thought he heard footsteps, actually felt them on the carpet he was stepping on. "Shh." he raised his hand at her to prevent her from talking. Silence descended in the corridor and he cast some light around them to see if someone was around. As far as he could see there was no other presence other than the two of them. Long shadows were produced by the silent, standing armors and a few portrait occupants complained about the sudden shower of light. He lowered his wand again. "You are right. You can do fine on your own, so I'm leaving you alone to keep doing whatever you do. I don't want to be around when you'll get busted. No thanks." he clarified in a last try to make her go to her common room as well. "I'll see you in the morning. Hope you won't have earned a detention." he added the icing of his last try to put some sense in her head. "Good night. Nox!" the light on the tip of his wand slowly died as he began walking, leaving her behind him in the dark. Blindly he searched with his free hand the wall to guide him towards the grand staircase where the light of the torches would help him to reach the towers and Ravenclaw's common room.

For a moment it seemed she had cornered her friend and he was about to admit something guilty. Ulysses actually managed to deflect her interrogation smartly. His alibi was convincing, it wasn't the first time he was studying late in the night, but it wasn't persuasive enough to completely convince the lioness. Doriana raised an eyebrow when he took over the role of telling her what to do. Uli really had started taking liberties. "You sound exactly like my dad-" She grumbled but her friend raised his hand, forcing her to stop talking. She placed her hands on her waist quite annoyed for not letting her finish her sentence. She remained silent for a bit, letting him listen to whatever he thought he had heard but this time, she made sure she had the first word. "Don't get off the point. I know you're hiding something." Her eyes examined his face for any signs of guilt but once more, her ravenclaw friend avoided her questioning. Before she was able to utter another world, Ulysses walked away and noxed his wand, leaving her in the dark gaping. "Fine!" She raised a bit her voice and said stubbornly when she came around her friend's unexpected departure. Ulysses' footsteps grew distant but she didn't move. For some reason she expected him to come back and suggest they go to their dormitories together. This time Doriana wasn't going to object. But her friend seemed to have gone away and she sighed disappointed that she was to walk her way to the seventh floor alone. "Another prince gone toad." She uttered to herself before starting moving to the opposite direction, with her hands extended to avoid obstacles. Not far away down the corridor she could see the dancing flame of a torch. She could find her way again from there.

Aras was even careful with the breaths he was taking. He tried to inhale and exhale as silently as possible. His heart stood still throughout the time the ravenclaw guy tried to listen better and shed some light around them. Aras was far enough and remained standing concealed in the dark. He let a long but soundless sigh when the two lovebirds resumed talking. He didn't know how he would have reacted in case he was spotted eavesdropping. It took him a few moments to fully recover from the ravenclaw's sudden check that he didn't heard what they were saying exactly. They had obviously argued, with the guy leaving, plunging the scene into darkness. Aras decided to act right there. He waited the ravenclaw to go away and heard the girl walking just past him. Her shadow blocked for a moment the lit torch at the other end of the corridor so he knew exactly were she was. He strode behind her with his wand drawn out. "What's the hurry?" he asked sarcastically and prod her with the tip of his wand on her shoulder. "You should have stayed in bed. Don't you know you might get hurt if you stray that late from the common room?" he continued, really enjoying the fact that he had cornered her like that. He could imagine her surprise for ambushing her like that. "At first, I was thinking of telling a professor that a stupid gryffindor girl is breaking into classrooms and enters the forest late at night." he paused for a second, to make sure she wasn't doing anything funny. With a poke of his wand on her back, he forced her to move closer to light source of the torch. In that way he could see what she was doing with her hands.

"Obviously this would have been like admitting I've been breaking the rules as well." he let her know he wasn't going to make this mistake. He had another plan now. "The idiot you're hanging out, gave me a better idea." he referred to her ravenclaw friend. "I'm gonna stun you and then take you at Kingley's doorstep. Doesn't mind the way you'll be found. Students should be in their common rooms right now. Both conscious and unconscious." he smirked closer to her ear. "I really don't care whether you'll accuse me or not. I'm sure you won't sound persuasive, especially when I'll be sleeping many floors downstairs. Probably the head of your house will believe that you're a terrible liar. Your friend thinks the same already." he revealed that he had been listening to their conversation the whole time. Aras was going to execute his plan but first he wanted her to know the reason behind this. "You have no clue why I'm doing this, do you?" he sounded bitter and he was convinced she didn't even remember the time when she pounced on him, clawing at him before accusing him for cursing her cat. Aras was never forgetting. He was going to make sure she wasn't either.

Thinking of if she was rough on her friend, Doriana was getting closer to the lit torch when something pressed on her shoulder a bit hard. She was about to cuss Ulysses for sneaking up on her like that but the voice in her ear didn't belong to him. She recognized it however. It was the Slytherin guy that had once tried to curse her cat. Their dislike was mutual. Doriana didn't like people who abused animals so from her side, she hated the boy for trying to stun her cat. "Oh, now you care about my well-being." She scoffed and tried to remain calm. She had her wand in her pocket but they were too close to the torch and he could discern her movements. "I hadn't realized I had a stalker." She continued with the same amount of sarcasm dripping her voice. He must have been following her a lot lately. He sounded like he knew about her shady actions but she didn't comment about them in case he was trying to fish up information.

Doriana thought that her only weapon to use at that point was her sense of sarcasm. This guy was inspiring her to make some cutting comments.
"I see you have a couple of brain cells still working in there." She replied at his declaration. Then she listened to his actual plan and her heart kicked hard against her chest, seized by the fear she was going to be found stunned after curfew by Professor Kingsley. "He's coming back. My friend, Ulysses, he'll return so watch yourself." She warned him but it turned out he had listened to their whole conversation they had moments ago. He knew that Ulysses was now on his way to Ravenclaw's common room if not already there. "Sounds like a coward's plan. You haven't changed a bit from back then." She told him that she actually remembered the day the two of them had quarreled. "Why don't you act like a man for once and duel with me?" She suggested as she was forced to walk closer to the torch with the guy pointing his wand at her. It was a ridiculous suggestion but she couldn't think of something better. It was a doomed plan anyway because even if he was going to accept her challenge, she was aware that she stood not chance against him. The guy was known as a loner who had been practicing spells all the time because he wanted to become a professional duelist. Doriana was buying time while ideas of how she could get out of this were racing in her mind.

Aras received her sarcasm relatively well. Soon she was going to get what she deserved so there was no point in reacting to her spiteful comments. This was her intention after all. Distract his attention and make him lose his temper. Aras wasn't going to fall for this. The fact that she remembered their encounter at the courtyard brought a smirk on his face which grew wider as he listened to her suggestion. A soft chuckle escaped his lips. "You're kidding right?" he sounded almost amused. "Dueling with a squib would have been a much tougher task." it was his time to offend her. "To duel me you should have a wand with you. Are you sure you haven't forgot it like last time?" he reminded her the time at the courtyard when she wasn't carrying her wand. For Aras this was plain stupidity. Wizards and witches should always have their wands with them, except if they were able of wandless magic. The girl hadn't cast the wand-lighting charm when she met her friend in the dark corridor so Aras could suspect that she hadn't brought it with her this time either. Better for him. He could execute his plan without any unexpected disruptions.

Time was gold for the Lithuanian and he wasn't going to spend it on a duel that could wake up the whole castle. "I'm afraid I'll have to decline your offer. Maybe another time." he decided as he brought her in front of the lit torch. He could see her better now. If she was going to try anything she would end up unconscious on the floor in no time. He could stun her right there while she had her back turned at him but he wanted to let the anticipation torture her a little bit longer. "Turn around." he commanded and poked her back with his wand. When he could see her grey eyes he smirked again. He wanted to see the fear in them. "I really hope you'll get expelled." he said coldly without a sign of remorse in his blue eyes. "Any last words?" he pointed his wand at her forehead ready to cast the stunner straight at her face.

Wandering off, the ravenclaw reflected on his behavior and whether he was rough on Doriana. He couldn't change the girl and he shouldn't when it was that personality that made her his friend. She was bossy and stubborn but he shouldn't have scold her like that. Appearing in the light cast by the torches and disappearing back in the shadows, Ulysses experienced a qualm that made him stop there in silence and look back in the darkness. He couldn't leave her alone. This wasn't like him so he sighed and turned around to walk back where he had left his friend. He was going to call her as he reached the location the two of them had bumped into each other but a conversation coming from there, warned him not to do so.

Ulysses listened carefully while standing in the dark. It was Doriana talking with someone else. The voice sounded to be too young for a professor. He thought it could be a prefect catching his friend but upon hearing what was said between them, he realized it wasn't the case. He had no idea who the guy was and he could barely see his frame against a torch's light. He seemed to be pointing his wand at Doriana and Ulysses felt his heart pounding as adrenaline rushed his system. He tip toed closer. Now he could listen clearly what this guy was planning to do. Ulysses boiled with anger and clenched his wand. Doriana turned around against the tall torch. He wasn't sure if she could see him approaching from behind that guy but he was going to act now. He hoped she was ready to run.
"Stupefy!" he pointed his wand at the bully and the jet of red light gushed forth.

Doriana clenched her fists when the boy made the venomous comment about her dueling abilities. She remained though composed and masked completely another scheme that crossed her mind when she was asked if she remembered to bring her wand this time.
"I don't have it with me and I don't need it. Just my bare hands are enough to struggle you." She responded while giving him a look that conveyed bubbling hatred. Doriana did managed to lie there, mustering her antipathy towards him to sound convincing. She could feel her wand against her thigh in her pocket and she wanted so badly to draw and point it on his face. It was her last chance now that he had rejected her proposition of a duel. If her hand was going to move closer to her pocket, she would have been lying on the floor in no time unconscious. She thought if she waited a little bit longer she was going find a chance and pull the element of surprise. Doriana figured out that she didn't stand a ghost of a chance when he ordered her to turn around.

She fixed her hard-rimmed, gray eyes on him, not hiding her dislike. Despite her stiff expression and dagger-throwing glare, inside she felt completely hopeless and defeated. She thought for a moment how she was going to explain what have happened here when she was found stunned at Kingley's doorstep. The story itself sounded ridiculous but there was a last hope in the fact that someone should have stunned her to end up there in the first place. The girl had almost accepted her fate when she noticed someone moving in the shadows behind the guy. When she recognized Ulysses' green eyes glinting in the torchlight, hope sparked again inside her. She tried to keep her eyes away so she won't give Ulysses arrival away. Doriana thought that she caught a glimpse of a wand in Ulysses' hand so she knew what she had to do.
"Yes, go to hell!" She said and jumped out of the way as a bright red light flashed behind Aras. She took cover behind the marble torch and pulled out her wand.
"Stupefy!" She blindly pointed her wand from behind the torch and shot a stunner as well.

Aras wanted so badly to see fear in her eyes but instead, all that he received was a nasty glare. Gryffindors...proud to the end, he thought with a smirk but didn't matter that she didn't show off any signs of consternation. By morning's light she would have a pretty good reason to worry about. He gave her a moment to say something before stunning her and he would have expected her to beg for mercy. Aras noticed the way she was glancing over his shoulder and realized they had company. By the way she remained cool, he reckoned it wasn't a professor but someone she knew well and felt comfortable to have around. Her ravenclaw boyfriend. Aras ducked when she ran for cover and the enemy stunning spell flew over him to disappear in the darkness of the corridor. "Cordaxio!" he cast a tripping jinx at the ravenclaw whose silhouette was visible in the dark not far from him. He was still squatted when another stunning spell flashed over his head. This time it came from the girl. He now had to take care of both of them but he could manage. He had practiced a lot on how to confront two opponents at the same time. "Depulso!" he swept his wand and sent a banishing charm on the stocky, floor torch made of marble. The heavy object was pushed away to carry the girl that was hiding behind it away or crush her under its weight if it felt down in the end. Then Aras turned around to take care of the ravenclaw. He was more of a bother than the girl. "Come on ravenclaw! Face me fair and square!" he shouted in the dark where the other guy was lurking. "Indigaflammo!" a stream of blue flames blasted off his wand towards the ravenclaw's spot. The whole corridor was showered in bizarre, blue light.

Ulysses was taken by surprise when the other guy dodged his stunning spell. Then everything happened too quickly. He felt a rushing force sweeping down at his feet. He was knocked down and snatching at his acrobatic he tried to save falling flat on his face. He closed his eyes hearing the thudding of his body hitting the floor and a nasty crack. Something liquid hot started dripping off his chin. His nose was bleeding again. He just brushed it off with the back of his hand as Doriana's stunning spell flew somewhere over him. Ulysses quickly jumped on his feet just when the other guy sent a banishing charm on the floor torch that Doriana was hiding behind. He blended into the shadows, ignoring the blood oozing from his nostrils and clenching his wand. He moved around unnoticed while the guy dared him to fight back. Blue flames roared out of his wand but Ulysses was no longer at the same spot where he had tripped. He was know just behind the guy and poked his wand at the back of his neck. "Drop it! Now!" he spat and tasted blood in his mouth. He didn't know what his problem was but certainly he wouldn't tolerate someone bullying this way a friend of his. "Doriana are you alright?" he worryingly asked her but he kept his attention on him. "I won't say it again. Drop your wand on the floor, kick it away or I'll stun you point-blank!" he hissed overwrought and pressed the tip of his wand slightly harder than needed on the back of the guy's neck.

Behind the torch she was unable to see if her spell had connected. She heard the slytherin casting a tripping spell and a thud on the floor followed. She had to help Ulysses, she had to do something. Just when she was going to leave her hideout and curse the slytherin again, the torch moved and swept her off backwards. Doriana managed to step aside. The torch continued moving away until it crashed on another one at the end of the corridor. Both of them collapsed on the ground with a loud clonk. Their flames died but as the slytherin summoned blue flames, she was able to see for a brief moment that Ulysses was actually sneaking behind him. "Lumos!" Said shakingly and her wand's tip glowed.
"I'm alright." She said relieved as she approached them. Ulysses had the upper hand and she also pointed her wand at the slytherin.
"Oh shoot! You're bleeding!" She noticed horrified. This time it was worse. Dark red blood had stained his lips, dripping off his chin. His top was also smeared in crimson. Fury boiled up in her chest and poured from her eyes. She wanted so badly to smack the slytherin but she restrained herself. "Stun him?" She chuckled humorlessly. "Better petrify him and throw him in the lake." She suggested with an angry look. She didn't really mean what she had just said but it felt so good now that they had him cornered. A taste of his own poison.
"Do as he said or I swear you're going to meet some merpeople soon." She threatened, pointing her wand on him as well. She glanced at Ulysses next to her. He really needed to see a healer.

The stream of flames flew to the direction he thought the ravenclaw was standing but their blue flash revealed that no one was there. He knew that the prod on his neck was a wand. The ravenclaw had sneaked up behind him under the cover of darkness. Despite being cornered, on his face formed a long smirk as he was told to drop his wand. He heard the ravenclaw calling for the girl. Aras frowned disappointed when he heard her voice. He had hoped the torch had knocked her unconscious. At least he got the ravenclaw guy bleeding. He could only listen to what they were saying but he could tell that there were two wands now pointing at him. However, he refused to drop his wand. He could tell they were both pathetic with their spell casting and he though he could confront both of them if he had the chance to turn around and see them.

He listened amused to what she thought they should do to him. Aras didn't believe they were going harm him. Unlike the gryffindor, the ravenclaw was rational and a pacifist. They were probably going to turn him in and this gave Aras hope that he could make the table turns with the perfect timing. "You're boring me." he replied coolly to the girl, still keeping his wand tightly in his grip.
"Let's call a truce gryffindor. I'll let you to walk away, take your friend to the hospital wing before he bleeds out and survive another day." he said arrogantly. "Let's face it. You're both cowards to carry out your threat. You're also not that stupid to turn me in cause then, you'll have also to explain why you're out of your common rooms." he pointed out. Aras was hoping to plant some seeds of apprehension while buying some time. He was counting on her impulsiveness clashing with his rationalism. Even a moment of arguing between them on what they should do with him was enough to give Aras the moment to strike back. "The way I see it, there's only one option. Be smart and walk away now that you can. I can really jinx you without having to see you." he shot a last empty threat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back