Cornering after class

Veronica White

OOC First Name
Hamza
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Veronica was going through major breakdown at the moment after her break up and abortion and with the exams just being a week away. Now she realized that she had been skipping class and not completing her homeworks and she had no idea what was going on in class today although she was paying her full attention. Larissa was helping her dealing with all the issues in her life and such but she wasn't the idea friend for Veronica and somehow Veronica didn't know how to tell her problems to Sally. Her best friend would only think worse of her and would also maybe laugh at her. As the bell rang marking the end of their classes she gathered her books and stuffed them into her bag and the largest of books she carried in her hand.

As the seventh years walked out of their Potions class Veronica watched the other girls who were happily chatting about their holiday plans obviously because they had done their revision for exams well unlike her. She saw the familiar face of Joshua, Drake and other guys and then she spotted Zac. She remembered her conversation with Sally two days back at Halloween about Zac keeping himself in his dorm and having seer abilities which were disturbing him.

She went to walk beside him in the corridor and said with a bright smile forgetting her sorrows for a while "Hey Zac." He had been her first boyfriend and she had let him down but he had always been her best guy friend and when she was with him she felt safe in a way. "How have you been?"she asked.

"No! No... Stop!" The nightmare had been repeating for the last three months, Zac woke up with his shirt soaked in sweat. His breathing got faster as he sat on his bed trying to forget what just happen. Could it be another vision? When will it stop? Zac took a deep breath before stepping into the shower. He let a warm water run, he was still in his uniform which was wet. He got out of the shower as water started dripping, but he didn't care, his life was a mess anyway, nothing could be worse.

Zac hadn't been leaving his dorm for several days, he had been skipping classes and had T's in most of his grades. The boy opened the door wide open and walk away from his private room. He was as blue as it could be, he kept his face down and start walking toward the corridor slowly. What if his sister saw him like this? What if she tell everyone in his family about his condition?

A familiar voice was heard by Zac, the girl who he hadn't seen for a while, a bestfriend of his yet he was still in love with her but he had been keeping it to himself. The boy looked down as she greeted her and slowly turned himself so he was facing her. He looked at her seriously and let out a sigh. "Hi" Was all that he could say, Zac didn't reply the letters from his family, he hadn't been associating with other people for a while. "I'm... Alright" He said still looking down to the cold floor.

Veronica gazed up at Zac's face as they walked taking a right turn and heading towards their common room. She searched his eyes wondering if they would answer her questions, why he was shutting himself in his dorm and what it was that bothered him. He couldn't keep everything to himself, not when it was a problem and could be solved if he just shared it and Veronica was going to do what every good friend did, make Zac talk by any means necessary and help him.

She didn't miss his sigh or his voice which clearly indicated that he was sad and tensed. "You don't look or sound alright to me" Veronica told him, walking close to him as they entered the common room. She didn't want to tell him that Sally had spoken to her about Zac being a seer, he might think they were talking about him behind his back and creating misunderstandings between them was the last thing on her mind right now. "Haven't see you around the castle lately? Becoming a loner, are you?" she asked hoping she could keep the conversation light and get him to talk at the same time. She didn't want to upset him.

Zac's heartbeat started beating faster, this was the first time he spoken to anyone for a month. "I'm okay! Okay!?" He half yelling, not looking at his friend in the eye. He was still looking at the cold floor feeling guilty for not telling his cousin what would happen in the future. He was too scared of it, and he didn't want it to happen, so perhaps hiding it would be good for them? Perhaps not. "Sorry" He muttered softly and looked away. The vision started to appear, he closed his eyes as his started to breath harder and longer. He could see it in his eyes, the way his cousin got attacked.

As soon as the vision was over, he opened his eyes looking at the ceiling and broke down. He lean to the wall behind him and rest his head against it and finally looked at Veronica in the eye. "Someone in my family is going to be killed" He said softly, there was no one there except Veronica and Zac. Zac couldn't tell this message to his sister, he didn't want her to be panic because of this information. "Kill me" He pleaded softly with a small dangerous smile on his face.

Veronica watched wondering how Zac would react. She knew it wouldn't be sweet so she wasn't surprised when he half yelled that he was okay, clearly meaning he wasn't. The common room was packed with people and she knew Zac was avoiding them these days so she just followed him to his dormitory and heard him apologize. Why was he apologizing, it was not his fault? she thought wondering what to say. She did want to help him but it wasn't possible unless he told her what he saw.

Just as she was about to speak she watched as Zac closed his eyes. "You okay?" she asked concerned and watched him look at the ceiling and lean against the wall. She put her hand on his cheeking looking back into his eyes as he told her. It was a shock, a little more than she had expected this seventeen year old to see but she was here to help him not be the captive of the shock that was gripping him. Stroking his cheek she shook her head and then gave him a hug. "No one's going to kill you" she told him in a whisper. Looking back at him she watched his eyes and than his small smile. "Is it an elder person or a kid?" she asked him hoping for it to be an elderly person because losing a teenager or a kid was very harsh.

This was the first time Zac told anyone about the vision, he didn't dare to tell anyone else about it. "She's a year older than me, and is about to get her own restaurant from her father, half way to successes yet I already know the ending..." He muttered softly and flatly feeling a soft, warm hand stroking his cheek. "Don't do this" He grabbed Veronica's hand gently and pushed it away "I don't want Joshua to misunderstand after seeing this" Zac didn't want his mate to be broken hearted, even though Josh went out with his ex.

Staying out in the cold corridor was better for Zac than being with some students in the common room. He dislike being around other people and had been staying away from them. "I'd rather die, Veronica" He smiled a little as he looked at her in the eye, wanting it to end so bad. He could not imagine the look on Saria's face or Genvieve's father who had been teaching her on how to do business properly. Zac's uncle had a high expectation on Genvieve since she was the `normal twin`.

Veronica heard as Zac said that the girl whose death he had seen was just eighteen, stepping into the world and getting her first success. She could imagine how Sally would feel if she knew this but she wasn't going to tell her best friend unless Zac allowed it, which she doubted he would. She looked up at him as he told her 'don't do this'. Do what? she wondered. Her question was soon answered by Zac as he mentioned Joshua. She no longer reacted to his name, at least not the way she used to before. She moved away from Zac and looked away as she remembered that he didn't know about her break up. How was she supposed to tell him that? She was surprised that Sally hadn't told him yet but she was glad as well because some part of her didn't want him to know. He was in so much tension already, she didn't want him worrying about her as well.

"You don't have to worry about him" was all she said still looking away, hoping he wouldn't question it. She had been under the impression that friends were allowed to hug each other but maybe Zac had enough experience with her to allow that, especially now. She did feel a little sad that he had taken away her right of hugging him, something she usually did when she felt upset or sad and it always helped her and she thought that it would help him too but certainly she was wrong. She looked back at him when he said he'd rather die. "No you rather not. Have you thought what would happen if that happened? What would happen to Sally, Brad and Vivian, to your parents and cousins? To your friends...to me?"she asked him her temper slightly raised by such a thought from him. Did he not have the guts it needed to show his visions that they couldn't overpower him? "Do you think we are doing a melodrama here?"she asked him.

Zac looked away, and stared at the dark corridor. He could feel the cold floor beneath him, he shivered a little and took a deep breath before pulling his jumper closer to him. "What happen to Joshua?" He asked softly still looking away. "How is he? I haven't talk to him for months" Not that Zac hated or was mad at Joshua but because he had been staying away from other people. He wasn't even sure why he did that. He felt guilty about it and he knew what would happen if a family member of his found out about his vision. Especially Genvieve's family who was about to reach their dream.

The rest of Zac's siblings, could keep up without him, he hadn't seen them for a while anyway. "Oh please Veronica! What if you're in my position!? What if you found out that you have the ability that you don't even want? What if you know that one of your beloved family is about to..." He paused after half yelling at Veronica. "Die?" He muttered softly and stood up. He placed his hands to his pocket and walk few steps away. "This is too much for me Veronica. I can't imagine the look on my uncle's face after hearing this news" He took a few steps away from Veronica. The girl was welcome in his dorm, and he was currently not sharing his dorm with anyone, so he didn't mind if she wanted to follow him to the dorm of his.

Veronica was looking at Zac and frowned as he looked away and then asked about Joshua. She didn't know how to answer without lying to him, something she didn't want to do right now. "Nothing happened to him" she spoke softly hoping she wouldn't notice her tone. "He's fine" she said not mentioning that she too hadn't seen him from two weeks, well she had seen him in classes and school but they hadn't talked, he hadn't looked her in the eye, he was dead for her and she didn't care if he actually died.

She almost jumped not expecting his half yell right now. Her eyes were getting teary but she stopped herself from breaking down because she wasn't supposed to be shocked but to help him and if she lost it then she wouldn't accomplish her mission. Family? She didn't have anything like that, at least her mother didn't mean anything to her, not now and especially due to what she did. The only people she cared about was the adoptive children because they were under her curse but she had never really got to know them, except Jasper. She could imagine how sad she would feel if something happened to him. She was going to hug him but she stopped herself from that and followed him into his dormitory.

She remembered her times here in fifth year with Zac and then sixth year with Joshua. She ignored the memories that were coming back to her and focused on her present, on his present. "Its not your fault" she whispered as she sat on his bed noticed the changes that this room had gone through. "In...in your vision...how does she die?"she asked him hoping he would share it with her. If it was a murder they could try to change it. "Aren't the visions always changing, depending on what happens?"She asked him curiously wondering how much Zac knew about seer abilities because as far as she knew future was always changing.

Zac decided to not worry about Joshua, the worst could be him in St.Mungos but Joshua was strong so Zac didn't really worry about him. The boy decide to not ask too much about Joshua, it seemed that Veronica didn't want to talk about it so he didn't want to male her uncomfortable. Someday when the time come, She would tell him what was bothering her anyway so there's no harm in waiting. And Zac was the type of person who could wait for so long not like the rest of his siblings who were extremely impatient.

When a good friend of his asked about the vision, Zac stopped trying to look calm but obviously he wasn't. His breathing started to be harder and his pulse race faster. "She's going to die in the grand opening of her very first restaurant. In front of her own father. The location is always the same" was all that Zac could say. The more he think about it, the more he suffer.

The room was quite clean but not as clean as it used to be. Zac took off his scarf that was well wrapped on his neck and fold it neatly, putting it on top of the cabinet. He walk away from it and opened the small cabinet beside his table. "Eat whatever you want" He said as he let the cabinet opened. There was sandwhiches an some snack inside it. There weren't so many food, he kept it there in case if he got hungry in the middle of the night.
Zac sat on the bed beside Veronica "Don't tell my brother or sisters about this" He said as he looked at her in the eye. He had dark circles under his eyes, he was tired of everything.

Veronica was glad that Zac dropped Joshua's subject. She would have to tell him sometime but it wasn't necessary to tell him at least not now. She wondered how Zac would react when he heard about her break up but so many things had changed in the past two years and it almost seemed to her that he had become a different person. But she knew that the old Zac was there, hiding somewhere behind the tension, if only she could help somehow. "How will she die?" she asked wondering how could a seventeen year old die just like that without being murdered unless they had some sort of disease.

She watched as he offered her the food in the cabinet, she looked at him and shook her head and closed the food cabinet.She didn't have an appetite right now, not after hearing such news and seeing Zac so tensed. "I won't" she promised him with a smile. But she hoped she could convince him to tell his siblings himself because that was the right thing to do but convincing him would be hard. "How many months has she got?"she asked him hoping that the girl had time in her hands and she could spend every day like it was her last, enjoy to the max and go happily if that was her destiny. He still hadn't told her if the future was changing and maybe the girl's future could change as well.

Zac didnt really want to talk about his vision but he felt comfortable talking to Veronica. She sounded like she knew what ahe was doing. "Until Summer" He said softly, so soft that other people might not be able to hear it. He took the frame next to the picture of him and his sister Sally and handed it to Veronica."That's her, and that's her twin sister" He pointed the girl who stood on the left. It wasthe same picture as tw one that was hung in Genvieve's father's restaurant in Paris. His eyes were testy as he looked at it. He stood up and walk toward the window, not looking at Veronica as he wiped his tears. But the future could change anytime, he hoped that Gen didn't have to suffer, the business would be a mess if Gen couldn't handle it. And her death would affect the rest of the family including Zac's father.

Veronica sighed as Zac said she had until summer, around five more months that was short time but not too short. She felt sad thinking how everyone would feel when they knew about the girl, and how would she feel? She watched the picture of the girl and her sister, both of them were pretty. She watched as Zac walked away to the window she sort of knew how he felt. She put the photo on the bed and walked up to him, looked out of the window at the always cloudy sky they had here. "Zac, its not your fault" she told him softly and looked at him, her eyes serious. She wanted to give him a smile but he needed to understand that this was serious and would maybe work out if he did the right thing. "Its very sad, maybe it could change...maybe it wouldn't. And if maybe it isn't going to change all we can do is make sure she has the best time of her life" she told him softly making sure she stayed away from him because she didn't want to upset him by giving him a hug, although that was what he needed right now. "She has a right to know" she added hoping he wouldn't yell at her again for suggesting this.

"No! No!! Please no! You can't tell her! No! She's very busy preparing for..." Zac paused and looked down as a tear dropped on the floor, he knew that it wasn't his fault but he didn't want his family to know, he was afraid of the future and he didn't want any other people to know. "Her own.. Death" He muttered softly not knowing what to do. No one could stop the future and he wasn't sure if he could change it or not because he didn't know what would happen exactly in the future. "Let's just forget it, I'm sorry for being selfish, for making you listen to all of these stuff" He said and opened the window, letting the cold winter breeze blew. "Don't tell any of my family about this, I'd rather not let my cousin know what will happen in the future. So at least she doesn't have to suffer like me knowing the future which suppose to be unpredictable." He said calmly, hoping that Veronica wont tell his siblings or cousins about it. He would never be able to forgive her if she told any of them.

Veronica sighed as Zac asked her not to tell anyone. It would be hard to hide it from Sally especially because they shared everything but she wouldn't let Zac down this time because she remembered how much she had hurt him the last time she did something stupid and she wasn't going to hurt him again. "I won't" she promised with a weak smile hoping somehow he would still agree with her and tell her cousin. "No, don't apologize" she said with a grin. "I'll pray that the future changes" she told him as she held his hand and pressed it slightly hoping he would understand that she would always be there if he needed anything.

Zac sigh as he looked at the snow that were falling from the sky, soon Summer will come and he knew what was going to happen then. "Thank you" He said softly, not knowing what else to say, he kept quiet as he stared outside, the room that used to be warm was no longer warm. It was as freezing as it could be but Zac didn't care, he had forgotten than a friend of his might not be able to stand cold. What will happen after Gen's gone? What about Saria? What about the restaurant? What about the business? A lot of questions started to come up to his mind. He felt a hand on his, he looked down and saw Veronica's hand and held her hand tightly.

Veronica wondered if she was better off not knowing this, especially because Zac wasn't going to allow her to tell anyone about it, she seemed like the burden was now on her shoulders as well but it was a secret and she had sworn not to tell and she was going to keep, it was going to be damn hard but well what other option did she have. "Could I ask you something?" she asked Zac still holding his hand. But she didn't wait for his answer and asked "I know all this is very depressing but why are you shuting yourself up here because of that?" she asked him, a frown on her face because he was acting childish on that. "There's nothing you can do, unless if you want to tell your cousin about it which you don't, then do you want to make a living corspe out of yourself by avoiding people?" she asked Zac what his was intending to proove by being lonely and seperating himself from others. "You need to tell someone about you being a seer, get trained so you don't get so depressed" she added.

Zac kept quiet as he walk to the side of the bed and place his wand on the the cabinet. He didn't want to answer Veronica's question because he wasn't sure why he was like that, all he knew was that he didn't want anyone to know and that he was too scared and he didn't want it to happen, that was the reason why he didn't want to tell anyone. "Doesn't matter, Veronica" He said without looking at her and continue cleaning his room. He was trying to distract himself, the more he think of it the more depressed he would be, and the more he stayed around Veronica, the more questions she would ask him. "I... I don't know" He whispered after she asked him about Zac avoiding other people.

Veronica frowned as he heard Zac say it didn't matter and he didn't know. He was being confused, she expected him to be better at this age, he was an adult now and he had to handle himself and his visions. "Matters to everyone except you, I think"she said with a slight frown. She grabbed his wrist and led him out of the boys dorm and into the common room. A few curious eyes turned their way but she ignored them. "Sally needs to see you" she told him in a whispher as she knocked at the door of the room which belonged to her and Sally. "She has been dead worried about you" she added as she waited for Sally. She wasn't going to tell Zac's secret but she wanted to see the brother sister reunion because both seemed half dead without other and as she had to see them both all the time she couldn't take it anymore.
OOCOut of Character:
You could bring Sally in, should be fun :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back