Consequences

"No, not for the 'mother's' for I was referring to Emerald. She is a scandral that does not deserve my children, as she treats them horridly because she isn't right in the head. Shame I didn't figure this out before," corrected Axel. "She was the only woman I had been with at the time, and very young and ignorant too. I didn't see the monster she was until recently." Axel narrowed his flaming, stormy eyes. The angrier Axel got, the more than likely he would do damage to her and to the child. Luckily, he was not irrational like Chavdar and able to keep his head and thoughts focused, along with priorities.

Upon hearing her words, Axel stood up, his height massive and his muscles tensing. "That might be how you were treated, and to be honest, I don't care how you were treated, but I will not allow you to treat a Zhefarovich, my child, as such property. If you dare do so, oh the consequences will be so horrid and terrible, you will have nothing left to live for, and have absolutely nothing but the name 'maggot'. You won't even have the right to stare at a mudblood in the eye, for you will be lower than that." His threat sounded like a fact, and as a Viscount, he could easily do that with or without killing someone. Axel wondered what in the world had he gotten into, but one thing was for certain... She would abide him, in one way or another. And Axel would have to teach her reality, because to him, she lived in a twisted, ignorant world of her own invention as if everything had a price.

"Nok om det!" cried Ylva, finally angry enough to revert back to her own language involuntarily and she stood. At her full height she was only a few inches shorter than him, but it was enough to throw her off. "Oh stop for goodness sake, you have no idea what you're saying!". She was glaring daggers into his eyes, yet her hands were now fully wrapped around her stomach for no reason that she could think of. They were both irate, and with anyone else they would be writhing in their own entrails at her feet. Instead he did not threaten her with pain, but something that she considered much more excruciating. Seeing him on the ground like that seemed her dearest wish of that moment, but it was her fury speaking.

"I will not lower myself to speak of my fiance in such derogatory terms to his face." she told him, successfully keeping the disgust out of her voice. Where she came from, women were goddesses and were adored, chased and utterly in control. This was a new world to Ylva, and she hated it. Contrary to what Axel believe, the world she lived in was of her mother's invention and not her own. One day she would understand this; but it would not be today. "Let us forget this matter. I will treat the child with respect, and perhaps you will learn to treat me with respect. I cannot see this ending well if not." she told him, too tired to speak any more about it. Slowly her hands uncurled form her waist and she took a step back to survey the room. "Undskyld mig. I have messages to send. Where are your owls kept?" she said emotionlessly, lifting her eyes to the ceiling as she relaxed.

(( Danish to English
Nok om det: Enough about this.
Undskyld mig: Excuse me. ))

Axel raised his eyebrows to give her an odd stare. What kind of language was that? Axel was fluent in a few languages, but that one, he did not know it. Axel shifted his posture, becoming more tense, but ready for anything to be thrown at him. If it was one thing, Axel knew how to duel. He was one of the top duelers in his school, or both of them rather. Axel smirked, "Just like you have no idea who you are dealing with..." Axel shrugged at her next response. Better to the face than behind the back. The way he was raised, nothing could really phase him. Insults, not much would. Axel had hardened his heart and mind to utter coldness and ice. Her motions confused him slightly, but he paid no mind to it. Instead, he kept in mind just where his wands were. Axel shook his head, "I don't have an owl. I do, however, have a raven." Axel glanced over at the window, just in time to see the proud raven fly threw the window, and perch on his shoulder. "His name is Torin. Use him if you will. But I fear that I need to go retrieve Athena from that wretched witch. I'll be back." Torin flew to the fireplace, and perched on a picture frame delicately, as Axel approached the fireplace. He had not known where exactly Emerald resided, but he knew her household name. Taking a handful of floo, he stated his destination clearly, before he vanished in the green flames, leaving Ylva alone.

On the contrary, thought Ylva as she watched her fiance disappear into the fire. I know exactly whom I'm dealing with now. This entire situation was intensely irritating for her. They were supposed to be future husband and wife, but she could not even bring herself to leave this one room, not knowing what she'd find elsewhere. "Søn af en tæve," said Ylva out loud to herself. As a general rule she did not swear, but this time seemed like an exception. Sick of hovering on the edge of the couch like a frightened bird, Ylva turned her head to Torin who was preening his feathers, now sitting on the mantelpiece like a display.

With a small whistle she called to it, and the raven looked up and fluttered down to perch on the edge of the couch. "God kæledyr," she said to it softly, lifting an elegant hand to stroke its long beak. With a wave of her other hand, there was a rustle at the small side table in the corner of the room where she had noticed several rolls of unused parchment. There was a bottle of ink and a quill over the fire and, taking a book from the table in front of here, she leaned on it wrote a message in perfect hand.

Mr Rasmussen said:
Dear Sir,
Der er sket en ændring i min kalender.
Jeg får brug for mine ting næsten på én gang.
Jeg vil have den i perfekt stand, og Jeg vil ikke tolerere uagtsomhed. Disse elementer skal sendes til den adresse, der leveres inden for en time. Jeg vil overføre dem derfra.

God dag til dig, sir.
Ms Ylva Kvalheim,
Dear Sir,
There has been a change to my schedule.
I will need my things almost at once
I want it in perfect condition, and I will not tolerate negligence. These items should be sent to the address supplied within one hour. I will transfer them from there.
Good day to you, sir.
Ms Ylva Kvalheim,
Ylva had nothing more to do except explore the house on her own, and she had not the will in her current state. Melancholy and tired, she lay back onto the lounge and fell asleep as Torin flapped out the window, leaving a black feather resting in her lap.

When she awoke, she burned the feather.

(( Danish to English
Søn af en tæve: Son of a b!tch
God kæledyr: Good pet ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back