Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 17" Core of Crow's Feathers and Poplar 16 1/2" Core of Basilisk's Fang
The evening spoke of deadly events that held in the life of his oldest pure-blood son Axel. Asparuh, the Patriarch of the Zhefarovich family stood in front of the family tree with his arms folded across his chest. There was another female added to the tree, which only meant that she was pregnant. Asparuh rolled his eyes and he shook his head. He would have to deal with it, personally. He did not take these matters lightly. With Rosaline’s and Chavdar’s situation, Asparuh knew just how he could have had things his way, but from the looks of it, that road has already been paved out for him. However, what he did not realize was that the tree had one error. There should be another female added to the tree beside of Axel’s name, but because both of them ended up pregnant at the same time, the tree could only process one. And that one was Ylva. Asparuh did not know her at all, or her family, but alas, he would soon enough.

Asparuh decided it was time to make his own appearance in Axel's life just a bit more than usual. Mentally summoning a house elf to come and bring him his black cloak, Asparuh turned from the family tree and waited for his servant to arrive. After it did so, it bowed to him, and gave Asparuh his cloak. “Be gone,” ordered Asparuh. He did not like creatures roaming about in the room with the family tree in it. Until the elf was out of his sight, Asparuh apparated to Axel’s home. He glanced onto the couch, to see Axel fast asleep, and Asparuh approached him, before demanded in a cold, hateful voice, “Get up.”

Axel was having the most amazing dream. He was on a date, with Avory McKenna. That one woman who completely stolen his attention, and he wished that he could end up meeting with her once more. Maybe not be as intense as the last meeting, but really get to know her. She could be a possible friend (or more considering how well they connected the last time they were around each other). However, his dream of the date was horridly interrupted by a cold voice. The dream fell to pieces and Axel’s dark, stormy eyes opened to meet the complete empty, cold abyss of his father’s. “Okay, I’m awake, why are you here?” Axel sat up, and stared into his father’s face, wondering what was he here for.

Ylva bit back a yawn as she sat curled on the long lounge of her rented apartment. Like everything around her, it was of beauty and high class. Everything must be the best, no matter where she resided. Even so, it wouldn't matter all that much in a few days. Her night with Axel was just as satisfying as she had predicted, and lacking in theatrical emotions. That was the sort of night she was expecting. Even so, it was another connection that had to be severed. These situations could turn out dangerous if not handled with care. To her relief and approval, Ylva had heard nothing from Axel so far (although she had given him the name of her lodgings). Soon she would be off, away from New Zealand forever to a new corner of the world where she could leave behind any last relationship connected with this place.

Despite herself, Ylva was slightly taken with the cold and hard faced man. Axel was logical and straight forward, which she found rare in the male species. This would not mean that she would give him any more thought than the other males that she had encountered, oh no. Simply that he was amusing.

It had only been a few days, a week at the most, since they had parted. She would never admit to her thoughts straying as far as they had. But a growing feeling of unease stole over her at that very moment, as though a storm was brewing on the outskirts of her mind. Her eyes darkened, and she shifted on the couch, gathering the swirling material of her sleeves around her. Perhaps she should push the date of her departure forward another day. She lay back, closing her eyes against the shivers and refused to think of it any more. Her mother had always told her to trust her instincts. Why now had she chosen to ignore this advice? For they were right - a storm was brewing, and it was coming close.

OOC: I think it would have been a month after their encounter, considering it was in early/mid October when they last met. The tree doesn't update after a week, that is just nuts.

Asparuh yanked Axel off the couch with one arm and he hissed, "We are paying someone a visit, that is why I am here." He used his ability to extract information from Axel's mind, on just where to find Ylva. Asparuh smirked slightly, because he knew that things would work out to his advantage. But his features remained emotionless as he apparated to the rented apartment of Ylva's. Standing massively in the middle of the living room, Asparuh took note of the surroundings. Everything was high class, and that alone did not settle well with the Death Eater. Releasing Axel from his iron-like grasp, Asparuh glanced about, before his cold, evil eyes landed on the figure that graced the lounge. So, this was Ylva...in the flesh. His arms folded across his chest, and he glared down upon her.

The mighty Patriarch was not fond of 'calling' upon a female that held his newest grandchild, or one of the newest. It was hard to see nowadays who was pregnant first, considering the tree had added a few more names as well. Asparuh's irritation clearly revealed in his eyes, and standing tall and as if he were in charge, it was mighty eerie. The atmosphere in itself had changed, as if the temperature dropped by Asparuh's very presence. This was just a state of mind however. His silence seemed to last forever, knowing full and well that Axel would be the one who would speak first. After all, this was partially his fault and hers, and the consequences were dire. Asparuh would not tolerate nonsense - which right now was anyone going against him. He was in charge of his family, and how things were handled. It had to be done his way, and he would not take no for an answer.

Axel barely had time to react before he was yanked on his feet and then traveling to an apartment of high class. Finally released from his father's grip, Axel absently rubbed his upper arm, still feeling the pressure from Asparuh's grasp. He turned to see Ylva on the lounge. He was rather befuddled about why he was here in the first place. After that one encounter, he never bothered to speak to her, or leave any attachments to her whatsoever. Axel said, "What is the meaning of this?" Axel would have preferred not to see Ylva again, mainly because that is how a one-night-stand worked. They were not to see each other again, unless it was far in the future. Axel wondered what Asparuh's purpose was for bringing him here, and if he knew his father like he assumed he did, the reason could be anything. Asparuh was quite mysterious, but when he appeared like this, it almost worried Axel. What on earth is he thinking?

She did not jump as the two men materialised in front of her; as always, her instincts were perfectly right. Ylva had been expecting only Axel, though. She knew no one else in New Zealand other than him, and like Axel had also been expecting never to see the other again. This must be somewhat dire ... judging by the formidable look on the elder man's face, she thought as she lifted her dark eyes to the both of them without moving. She fixed Asparuh with a calculating stare before turning her gaze to Axel Zhefarovich, not knowing what to make of him.

Abruptly she rose on formality although not without a guarded stance, her enchanted gown swirling around her legs. "Yes?" she greeted them, although not rudely.
"What is the meaning of this?" asked Axel.

Ylva's mood turned exhasperation, though not a muscle moved on her face. If she was anyone else, she would have rolled her eyes. Well someone is going to have to get on with it. It was they who entered my own home, was it not? The hem of her gown slowed to a lazy swirl as she surveyed them with a severe, eagle-like gaze.

(( Fair enough. I just didn't want Ylva hanging around New Zealand for no reason for too long. ))

After years of surveying many, many people in this Death Eater's life, Asparuh could already tell that this woman was closer to the age of his oldest son Kalif, not even in the thirty range. When Axel asked what the meaning of this was, Asparuh turned his head toward his son and he ordered, "Silence, before I ensure that your children are fatherless." It was obvious that Asparuh was not in the best of moods. In fact, he was in one of his worst. In this mood, if someone said something that went out of hand, he would not hesitate to send out any curses. After all, it would fix this all if they were aimed at Ylva. At her early age of pregnancy, a simple Crucio would do just fine.

Asparuh used this threat against Estrella Drage, in front of her grandfather and his comrade. However, he was not serious then as he was now. Would Asparuh have the heart to kill off one of his unborn grandchildren? After seeing that most of the others were complete failures, of course he would. One less meant nothing to Asparuh. Asparuh glared over at the woman, and he spoke, his icy, deadly voice unwavering with each syllable spoken as no expression except utter seriousness and coldness upon his facial features, "Kvalheim, just to say this rather boldly, I am not too fond of the one night you spent with my son. The age difference is out of hand, however, I would not have come if nothing came of this."

Continuing, he said, "You are carrying a Zhefarovich descendant inside you." His words were like daggers to flesh, smooth yet sharp as well. What Asparuh was planning on doing, it was cruel to two people, but it was their own fault for producing this child in the first place. Either the child dies, or they do things his way. There was no back option unless someone laid it out in front of him.

There was a stab of premonition through her as Asparuh glared at her with bone-chilling eyes. Well he had not introduced himself to her, but did that matter? Obviously he was related to Axel, maybe father or perhaps grandfather. In truth, she agreed with his sentiments. Their night had been fun, but it has been unecessary and time wasting. This man had no respect for their actions, and Ylva did nothing to express her irritation but for the increased swirling of her gown. Age difference ... she smirked inwardly. Indeed, I suppose it might be considered indecent by some. But he is old enough to take care of himself, is he not?

But Asparah's next words shocked her to a standstill, though she did not show it. How on earth had he known first? Irrelevant. The shock was soon, if not instantly, overtaken by an increased sense of exhasperation. Typical!

“Pregnant.” she spoke quietly. “How very careless of us. Either way, it is a temporary vice that can be soon remedied.” said Ylva calmly. “Do not lose sleep over the matter. I will take care of it. I am leaving the country in a matter of days so I haven’t time to debate this." The callousness in her voice was efficient and economical. In her mind, there had been a child and now there was no longer. The transition between mother-to-be and single woman had been instantaneous. This was not the first time she had concieved, but she did not know that it would be her first time to carry to term. There was one person who was not happy with her answer ...

Axel held his tongue, and he shifted his position as he stood. The arms upon his own muscular chest tightened their hold, as he could feel his muscles flex from the result. Axel heard his father's words, and wondered 'how the hell did he know?' Did he know about Avory too? The woman Axel had mixed feelings for from just one encounter, one magical and non regrettable encounter at that. Axel put his thoughts back to reality. Even though he wanted to meet up with Avory again, who was to say that he would? Axel had no way in contacting her whatsoever, so was it a bottomless and endless pursuit?

I got her pregnant? Good grief. thought the blonde haired man. Axel narrowed his eyes at Ylva's response, and well, as a father already, and one with stern beliefs, Axel truly hated the way she handled the situation. The words, they reminded him so much of Emerald. She too wanted to get rid of the babies, but Axel wouldn't have that. "No, the child lives. If you kill that child, I'll personally end your life," growled Axel. Every life was precious to him, when it concerned with his children. Despite the dislike he had for Ylva right now, Axel would still father that child. And if she shows that she would be a mis-loyal mother, then I'll just take the baby away from her, just like I did to Emerald and left her inbred arse in the dust. Axel's dark stormy eyes blazed fiercely with a fiery rage that brought energy to his body and blood.

Without turning to look at him, she replied in a careful and controlled manner. By now, she was well aware of the people she was dealing with, and had no doubt in her mind that he would at least attempt what he said. But killing me would defeat his purpose.

“How sentimental,” said Ylva coolly. “But I am yet unmoved. Thank you for offering to bear this nuclear waste of space and energy in my stead, for you can be sure that I won’t.”

She turned to look at him and was suddenly struck by the look in his eyes. Dear Lord, he actually wants this child? Must I really have the baby? Exasperation turned to dismay in her mind. Oh, I am too old for this, thought Ylva in irritation. She had fallen silent, but engaged in a staring match with the silver goblet on the mantelpiece for half a minute. The goblet won, and she turned to look at Asparuh. The only sign of her fury was the mysterious wind at her ankles which wound the hem of her dress faster in a languid maelstrom.

"What say you to this? If I have the child?"

This was not a very pleasing situation for the tall, proud Death Eater to stare upon. The fact that his very assassin would dare show even some emotion, it was almost disgusting. Asparuh stared upon Ylva Kvalheim, and he did not like what he saw. He did not have to use his Legilimency to discover anything this time, mainly because he could already see what type of person she was. She could be a threat to the family, and Asparuh thought And like any threat, it can be removed without a second thought. If Axel wants the descendant to live, then that is final. "Once a father of a descendant decides the fate, and you agree, then you two are to combine as one and raise the child in the ways of the Zhefarovich traditions. Disagree to do that, and the consequences are dire, and expect nothing more than dirt at your wake. I say that is a generous offer, or choose to get rid of it, and be nothing to the family as you were before. I have little opinion on the matter." Asparuh would have to later describe the situation to the other past Patriarchs, mainly Ivaylo, and see if Asparuh was making the appropriate decision, allowing this to even happen. If things went to worse, Asparuh would have no other choice but to do only what the Patriarchs in the family had to do. A fate much worse than death.

Combine as one? This is just another way of saying I have no choice, hissed Ylva in her mind. She had not been this livid since she was a young woman, but like any other emotion it was smothered under social graces and cold forbearing. Yet another confirmation of the selfishness of men, Ylva thought coldly to herself. But if the child survives, perhaps it would make a suitable heir. If she had her way, there would be no child by now - nor a marriage. This was all very vexing. This time, she wasn’t so sure that she could execute her usual plans as per female tradition. The Zhefarovich’s were dangerous and she would not survive an attempt on their life and nor, it seemed, on her own child. The words 'Between a rock and a hard place' came to mind.

Ylva turned her eyes to Axel, locking them onto his. "When should we schedule the union?" she asked with perfect calm. He will regret this. Her sleeves flicked about her wrists and she shook them still to think.

'Once a father of a descendant decides the fate, and you agree,'
'I say that is a generous offer, or choose to get rid of it,'

Where is the choice in this? With her eyes boring into Axel's, Ylva spoke again. She had no control in this new world and so laying conditions on them wasn't applicable, but there was one thing that she would not tolerate, even with cost to her own life.

"Do not betray me, Axel Zhefarovich."

Father might not want the child to live, but I refuse to kill something I produce myself. Even as the Viscount, I have to have some sort of humanity left, and it is survived by my children. However, Asparuh said that they had to become one, which only meant...marriage. Axel had to choose, being married to this woman or risk losing a perfectly good child. He couldn't, oh just couldn't, end that child's life because of his selfishness. Why couldn't this have been Avory? thought Axel. As much as he hated to get married to someone he didn't know, Axel was dead set against killing the embryo.

Axel muttered, knowing that going against the Patriarch's word was basically suicide considering the mood he was in, "As soon as humanly possible. To get it over with." The words were now written in stone. Axel was engaged, almost by force. In his mind, it was either that or have the kid perish. Somehow, I will find a way out of this, and make Father see things in my perspective. Axel snickered and he remarked coolly, "I think it is the other way around. Don't you betray the Zhefarovich family." As a Viscount, he could could just as easily make someone disappear, and no one would find their body until years would pass and by then, the body would be so deteriorated, it would be impossible to tell how someone died. Axel was hardly intimidated by a woman, especially this one. To him, women weren't much better than the streets he walked on.

Asparuh softly tapped his fingers against his arm that remained folded upon his chest. Asparuh's stare lingered from Ylva to Axel, quite interested in his reaction to the whole ordeal. Axel was smart, not to go against him, and so was this woman. It would have been much safer to just go against Axel and get rid of the spawn than to enter the Zhefarovich family. I just wonder if she sees how much more cautious she will have to be, and how much more danger she is in. This family is dangerous if messed about in the wrong ways. I can ensure that myself. Asparuh was quite amused how their reactions were, and soon, his oldest pure-blood son will be married and settling down. "It is settled then." Asparuh spoke to the both of them, and he ordered Axel, "I suggest you start teaching her how to show respect to the Patriarch and the Head, as well as the traditions. I have other work that needs to be done, and you two will be around each other for a long time. I highly advise you start warming up and getting to know each other. I don't want to have to come back because you can't resolve a simple martial issue." Asparuh glared down upon the two, and he apparated, leaving the newly engaged couple to their own business.

Highly aggravated although not showing it, Ylva felt the need to sit and so she did, sliding gracefully onto the lounge in the exact same position that she had been in when they had arrived. If anything, it was as though nothing had changed at all. There was a moment of silence after Asparuh's disaparation that she took to contemplate her current situation. She had long torn her eyes away from Axel and was thinking deeply on his retort to her condition of marriage. After a moment, she looked at him again.

"What do I need to know?" she asked him quietly. In general she had absolutely nothing to say to him about herself, but there were things she felt that she would need to know about the Zhefarovich family. They too would have their customs, but she was wise not to speak of her own. If Axel knew that she had been born and bred to murder her husbands and bankrupt their families, he would most likely be ... annoyed at their partnership. To say the absolute least.

Whatever the case, as soon as I have the child he is welcome to it, so long as he never comes within five hundred meters of me again afterward. This will not last long. Until then, she would simply have to refrain from attempted murder. No doubt that will become more difficult the more hormonal I get.

Axel managed to calm down, and he unfolded his arms so he could hold his looser, more relaxed stance. Unlike his father, this was not a stage of threat. Axel sighed and he said, anger lacking in his voice, "First off, I am the a Viscount of the family. What we do, well, we get rid of those that the Patriarch sends, who just left us. I guess you can call me more of an assassin of the family. Because Rayna and I eliminate threats to the family that Father who is the Patriarch doesn't deal with himself. What you need to know... Once you are wed into the family, you have to kneel in front of the Patriarch, and bow to the Head. You won't be seeing much of them, however."

Axel closed his dark stormy eyes for a moment, before continuing, "Generally, you have to get branded into the family, which looks like a tattoo on the shoulder. The descendants have the same marking but it covers the entire back. Considering you are pregnant, and if Father sees fit, then you will be branded after the pregnancy. That much pain alone can harm the baby. There are secrets in the family, and those even I'm not allowed to know. And those married in receive nothing, not a single bit of the Zhefarovich wealth. It can be used for the descendants, but only they can get into the banks all around the world and receive the money." Axel didn't think the other things were really necessary...

"The Zhefarovich Manor is hidden, and only a descendant can get someone from the outside in. No one knows where it is, and those who do are in the Patriarch's circle of trust. I think only the Head of the Snow family can get in once Father lifts a certain charm, and the same thing for the Drage man that is his comrade." Axel had forgotten Valcan's name, but that did not matter now. "A descendant normally has to be raised in the Manor, and the someone like me has to be there for the child's birth. Otherwise, the traditions are fairly simple and a few are common sense." Axel was now completely calm, yet he had yet to process that he was getting married.

She was to be branded like cattle? Were they still in the twenty-first century? "You have interesting traditions." she commented after listening to his long explanation, but spoke no more on the subject. It struck Ylva as strange and unpleasant that she was only learning these things after they had become engaged. Unlike Axel, she was dealing with the idea of marriage far better as she viewed it as a business contract that is tied, severed and re-tied at will. On the other hand, the pressing problem of having a child was far more worrisome.

Ylva had complete faith in her ability to deal with any situation that she encountered, however this time there was a living creature growing parasitically inside her womb. Her own mother had done it of course, but then she and Baxack had killed her later on in life. She recalled Axel speaking about inheritance and how she would not receive a cent. She was wealthy enough to pay off her own child not to kill her. Ylva relaxed a little at the notion.

At this moment, she realised also that Axel Zhefarovich knew absolutely nothing about her. As far she she was aware, he knew her full name and nothing else. Yet they were to be living together for at least nine months! How could this not end in chaos? For she certainly would not be adding to his wealth of knowledge. The only things he probably needed to know about her was where she came from, and the fact that it was a habit of hers to kill her husband. Still, he would not be told either of those things anyway. Then again, apart from his family, she knew a grand total of three things about him and no more.

Ylva waved her hand absently at the wine glass on the small wooden table beside her. The glass vanished, taking away the last few drops of alcohol. Her mood darkened as she realised that that had probably been the last drink she was to have for quite some time. Swallowing the sour mood and depression, she looked to Axel again.
"Where should I stay till the wedding?" Oh, it made her ill just thinking about it. No ... she was actually ill. Ylva winced slightly as a wave of nausea passed over her, and she placed a hand on the lounge to steady her reeling head. Oh yes, the next nine months are going to be delightful.

"That is what a lot of people say." Axel shrugged carelessly. And he fell into silence, as he wondered over his new future with this woman. To him, it didn't look bright, nor promising. Instead, it looked rather bleak and Axel could do nothing as of yet to change it. He did not know this woman, nor did he even bother wanting to know her. Why get to know a perfect stranger when you don't even connect with him or her? Axel noticed the first signs of pregnancy now showing, and he smirked slightly, "Oh, the first trimester shouldn't be that bad. Just spending most of your time over a toilet, seeing what you ate." Axel aggravated Emerald to death when she was pregnant with the twins. Seeing anyone writhe gave him a moment of pleasure, much like a kiss or a hug. Axel offered, "Well, I have my house. As soon as I get Athena back home, it is practically just me living there." Axel shrugged once more. He didn't care for her staying there. After all, he will spend the majority of his time getting his kids back from that inbred witch.

As the nausea passed, Ylva lifted her head to match his smirk. "I do not have a weak stomach, myself. But if the urge takes me, you had better hope that you don't either." She could handle the cold looks and angry gazes, but goading and teasing was far more entertaining to respond to. Ylva would hold her own in a battle of words.

Then there was the other problem of staying in Axel's home. If he was going to be away for however long, she certainly wouldn't pine away in a dark corner. However, holing up for nine months in an unfamiliar home sounded particularly dubious even for her. Somehow it seemed that every bit of trickery and lies that she had woven her entire life was turning around to ensnare her like a sick twist of fate. Her dark mood grew, and soon the effort of forcing it down put pressure behind her eyes. She could feel the growing migraine seep in at the edges of her mind, and she straightened her back, sliding off the lounge again to stand.

"If there are any additional rules in your household I would like know them now," she told him, the only sign of her gnawing headache being her fingers pinching together every so often. Perhaps there would be some about where she was allowed to go within the house, not that it mattered. She wouldn't be venturing outside the grounds; at any rate where would she go? Home, she told herself. But put it from your mind. "If not, I would like to go now." Before I am ill. I will send for my things later.

Axel chuckled, "Oh you couldn't have been as bad as Emerald. Even in her insane mood swings, I could handle her. Physically and by words." Axel's smirk faded to his natural, cold expression. He had to think, were there any additional rules in his own home? It was nothing like the manor. She could go where she pleased because he had nothing to hide. Axel did not have a room where she could get her claws on the Zhefarovich secrets or anything of the Zhefarovich traditions or heirlooms were absent in his home. Only the crest and a copy of the tree were there. "You might want to stay away from the upstairs area, on the west side. I have been remodeling, and the paint odor is still lingering from the bedrooms." Axel held out her hand for her to take so he could apparate with her. "Otherwise, just take my hand and we are gone."

Somehow the thought of taking his hand made her want to take a step back uncharacteristically. In retaliation, she simply advanced and took it lightly in hers so that they could disappear off to her new home. There was the familiar gut-wrenching squeezing that felt like she was being sucked through a tube, and then they reappeared. Ylva tightened her grip on his hand to steady herself as the nausea returned, but dropped it in the same moment as if to say 'I don't need anything from you.'

She was looking at him vaguely, not cold and piercing as in her usual way, as she continued to think about his earlier words. Emerald must be a previous partner of some sort. It sounds as though she bore him children as well. Such a vagabond, she smirked to herself as she looked him up and down. Somehow Ylva wouldn't have been surprised if there was another pregnant woman out there with a 'Zhefarovich decedent' inside her fathered by Axel.

Yet her eyebrows furrowed slightly as she thought of his apparent attachment to his children and future children. I would have thought that he would be more eager than I to be rid of it... Somehow, Axel had confused her. Her vague stare had become calculating once more as she eyed him well. "Why do you want the child?". It was such a weakness.

Axel glanced to the fireplace in the living room which they now stood in. With a wave of his hand, the fireplace lit up in a blue flame. It reminded him of his Ravenclaw days, before he went to Durmstrang. He had heard that Kamaria was put in Ravenclaw, and he couldn't be more proud. Axel walked over to his black, leather sofa and he sat down. At her question, Axel narrowed his stormy eyes and he countered, "Why do you want to get rid of it?" Axel was a father of three, soon to be four after Ylva gives birth. Athena was his youngest, and she was currently seven.

Ylva gave him a deadpan look behind her eyes. She had enjoyed it when he was being suave and unmovable, but the flip-offance in his manner irritated her. In fact, Axel irritated her in general- she could never quite place him, and things that she had thought would be unimportant to him suddenly became very important and she was forced to endure his icy glares. Axel narrowed his eyes at her and generally brushed the question off. Ylva was both annoyed and amused at this.

"I would have thought it was obvious. I don't care," she told him, knowing it was irrelevant to him. He already knew what she thought, and that wasn't the issue at hand. She was supremely uncomfortable in this house, and found herself unable to sit down. Everywhere was unfamiliar; the smells, the decor and the new fiance sitting on the leather sofa looking so relaxed. Her posture was relaxed but she was crossing her arms guardedly.

"You have other children, I assume. Why add to the number?"
Maybe he believes that all life is important, she thought in contempt. But yet he is the 'family hit man', is he not? Then only his lives are precious. Pride of ownership then, she concluded. Somehow Ylva was approving of this. It was how she was beginning to feel about her own child without realising it. It was her child. She wouldn't like anyone touching her jewelery or clothing- therefore the child must be kept close to her. Except for Axel ... he could come near.

Axel ran his fingers through his blonde locks, the subtle smirk looking rather cocky as of the moment. Axel surely did not like this woman now. She didn't care about the being inside her? It was disgusting, but alas, he was pinned to this woman now. There was no way out of it. Not without killing the child, and he wouldn't have that. Axel was too stubborn to give in to that. Plus, Asparuh made it set as stone. "I have three, twins that are eleven and one daughter that is seven. I care most about my children, and don't necessarily care for the mother. Why add to the number? You make it sound like children were property or something." His tone laced with irritation, something that could be detected in all of his family's tones when they were growing aggravated.

Just as Axel was becoming irritated with her, so too was Ylva growing annoyed with his attitude towards women. Somehow their valued principles were directly opposite of each other. This is not going to end well... she told herself warily. So he had three children already? I was right in thinking he gets around a bit. "How is your view anything but hypocritical? I care nothing for my children and you care nothing for the mothers... both showing a general disdain for certain aspects of human life that are otherwise revered. We are thinking the same; just differing on the subject."

Ylva did notice that he said he did not necessarily care for the mother. But from the way he treated her, she knew exactly what category she fell into. "Children are property. That is how I was treated, and this is how my child will be treated until they prove themselves worthy in their own right." Somehow she realised that she had slightly revealed an aspect of her childhood that she would have rather kept hidden. Her statement was firm and disciplined, but Ylva calmed herself easily and settled into her usual serene look. Unknowingly she had uncrossed her arms, and one hand was resting lightly on her stomach. "The child will be strong. I will not ignore them," she said in a relaxed tone. If the child is property, then it is worth something. If it is not seen as property, what then is it worth? For Ylva could not see the value in affection or loyalty- or even love as some people foolishly proclaimed. It was all she knew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back