OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy Larch Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
This was his Yule Ball. Desi had explained it to Kayleigh that way, telling her that he'd only be content to wear a suit and tie during the actual Yule ball if she humored him for this event. It was a lie. He'd never be content to wear a suit and tie, but he'd do it anyway. For her. Desi had even let Kayleigh help with deciding their costumes, knowing she'd have more fun that way and he was pleased with what they'd come up with.

Kayleigh looked...gorgeous. Desi found himself having trouble breathing whenever he looked her way. Clearing his throat for what felt like the fiftieth time, the Gryffindor scanned the room as he spoke. "Dancing, food, or...Haunted House!" Desislav's eyes lit up as they fell on the tent. He turned to Kayleigh, eyes pleading as he brought his hands together. "Haunted house?" he repeated, ready to get down on his knees if he had to.

Getting dressed up in glamour and fancy dresses was definitely more of Kayleigh's forte'. And though she would never personally choose to tell Desislav he was right, the blonde had a lot of fun helping decide what they were going to wear. And it was safe to say she felt incredibly badass. Plus, now Des had also promised to dress up for the Yule Ball, so it was a win-win situation for Kayleigh. Especially since her boyfriend looked just as badass as her, and incredibly handsome.
Her first thought was definitely dancing, but she had to smile at Desi's pleading for the Haunted House. She shook her head. "No way." Kayleigh answered, folding her arms, but she was still smiling. She couldn't say no to something like this for Desislav. Sighing, she unfolded her arms, and grabbed onto his hand. "The things I do for you."

Desi had already started to drop to one knee, ready to beg when Kayleigh agreed. "Yes!" He hopped back up, grinning as he took her hand and began leading the way. He nodded to the young Hufflepuff he'd befriended a few weeks ago as he waited in line with Kayleigh to get in. "Don't worry. I won't laugh too much if you get scared, cupcake" he laughed. He'd been testing different terms of endearment for weeks, trying to settle on the perfect one.

Kayleigh had to laugh at his enthusiasm and knew that it was worth it now. Besides, this would give her an opportunity to get closer to Des, and though she was sure she could take care of her own, this wouldn't be her first choice of things to do, and definitely not her favorite.
The blonde raised an eyebrow, laughing at Desi's choice of words. "Cupcake?!" She asked. That one was not a winner. "And we've discussed this before, I'm not going to get scared, I'm fierce! But - you better not leave me stranded in there, sugarplum." Kayleigh added, teasingly, her hand still gripping onto his.

Desislav chuckled, noting that his girlfriend hadn't liked that name at all. He'd tried several over the past week, but none had felt just right yet. They drifted closer, only a few people ahead of them. He tilted his head, amusement at Kayleigh's bravado clear in his features until she finished. He pretended to gag. "You can do better than that, dollface" he smirked. "Look, we're next!" he stated with excitement.

From this close, Desi could hear the moans from something within and the shrieks of students. He could not wait! "Don't worry I won't leave you behind" he laughed before adding in a slightly more serious tone, "I won't, I'm seeerious."

As they were getting closer, the noises from the tent made Kayleigh's stomach twist, her hand reacting by squeezing Desi's tighter. Why was she putting herself through this? Desi promised to not leave her behind and she remembered why. He was so worth it. But, there was one thing wrong. "Dollface? Seriously, who is teaching you this stuff?" The blonde laughed. Her laugh was cut short though, as their turn was up.

"Professor Phillips" he quipped, blaming his favorite professor. Desislav had seen some of those words in the fashion magazine he'd been forced to look at for class, so it was kind of true.

Leading the way in, Desi was surprised to hear how quickly the music died down, replaced by an eerie soundtrack. They walked further in and he headed straight for the mirror, laughing when he got a look at himself. He looked ten feet tall, all stretched out. "Come look!" he tugged her so she was in front of the mirror.

Kayleigh snorted a laugh at Desislav answer. A Professor was giving him dating tips? No wonder the nicknames were so terrible. The blonde didn't know much about the Muggle Studies Professor, but either he was very old fashioned, or playing a mean trick on Des.

An eerie soundtrack and a dark room was a definite warning of what was to come. However, Desi's laughter definitely calmed Kayleigh down some. She smiled at Des as he pulled her forward, laughter escaping her mouth when she saw herself stretched out. That wasn't too bad, and if that was all the Haunted House had to offer, she could deal with it. She watched in amusement as the mirror contorted her body so she was now wide and tiny. Feeling a bit more brave and excited, Kayleigh pulled on Desi's hand for them to keep moving. They moved down a smaller corridor and a few spiders ran over their feet to the direction they were heading, but that didn't bother Kayleigh. It was more the creepy coffin that shook next to them that made her stop in her tracks. "I don't suppose I'm allowed to take my wand out, right?"

Stretched out or wide and tiny, Desislav still thought Kayleigh looked fine. He was happy when she pulled him along, glad that she was enjoying this. They were heading down a corridor that was smaller, quieter, and darker if that was possible. The teenager looked down, noting some darker masses ahead of them but he couldn't make out exactly what they were. He banged right into her back, not having realized she'd stopped short. "What the -" he called out, before he spotted the coffin too.

Shaking his head, Desi moved around her, letting go of her hand and moving towards it with some determination. "Wand away, gum drop. What's the worst that could be in here?" he smirked, full of bravado as he reached his hand out. The lid popped open before he reached it and Desi yelped as he jumped as far back as he could, not even caring that Kayleigh was here to witness this. Desislav hated snakes so much, he hadn't even noticed that these were fake. When he finally did, he narrowed his eyes and pointed. "We never speak of this again."

The blonde tried to not stumble too much when Des banged into her back, and she turned around, her eyes following him as he moved forward. Kayleigh almost laughed at the newest pet name, but she'd have to follow that up later, as Des moved closer to the coffin.
As he jumped back with a shout, Kayleigh jumped slightly, before doubling over in laughter, seeing that the snakes were fake. Even though he had said he wouldn't laugh at her, Kayleigh couldn't help it. She shoved her hands over her mouth, trying to stifle the giggles as he told her that they would never speak of what happened. It wasn't that he was scared of snakes; if they had been real, she'd be right behind him in running away. But the fact that he had reacted so strongly to fake snakes is what made her laugh. "My lips are sealed." Kayleigh managed to say, before taking a deep breath and controlling herself. She moved forward and put her arms on his sides. "Come on poppet, let fierce Kayleigh lead the way and fight off all the bad." She teased him, especially since she had just been the one that was scared.

Desi scowled as he watched Kayleigh laugh it up, his heart still beating like a drum in his chest. But he wasn't mad. He had to admit that he'd been hoping, at some point, to see Kayleigh react as he had so he could laugh at her. And boy would he have. Running a hand through his hair, Desislav looked down as she put her hands on his sides. A lazy smile appeared on his face as they stood together, her reassurance making him feel safe, though he knew there was no real danger inside here. The new headmistress couldn't be that batty. Poppet. "I like that one" he replied before frowning again. A few bats flew overhead, making little screeching noises as they went down the corridor. "I don't know if I can. I think I might need a kiss to give me some courage to go on" he said in his most dramatic voice ever. The frown had given way to a smirk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back