Confirmed.

Abigail Lurken-Mckay

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Spanish Cedar 14" Core of Werewolf fur and Phoenix feather.
Abigail Lurken had suspicions since three weeks after she had many odd symptoms of morning sickness, cramps, backaches and headaches. She often did not sleep well at night either. She had recently ordered a pregnancy test from a friend in England, and she had gone to the Prefects bathroom and taken it. Now, it read clear as day on there. Pregnant. Abbey was pregnant, and not even graduated from school. In fact, she had another year to go. Abbey ran from the Prefects bathroom, discarding her box and test carelessly, and she ran to the antiquated lavatory. On the way there, she just dodged the students, and did not bother stopping for anyone or anything. Her Slytherin robes flowed behind her as her feet pounded the stone floor. Her flat and straight brown hair gently waved in the air as it flowed by her. It was not very often that someone would see a Slytherin Prefect zoom by them, and not say anything to those that were causing even the slightest trouble.

Crashing through the door of the antiquated lavatory, Abbey saw that it was completely empty. Abbey stared into the mirror, and she removed her robes and had on a white shirt and a green skirt. Abbey saw the usually cold amethyst eyes filled with emotion. She placed a hand on her flat stomach where a child was developing. A child that was formed by one act of sin, a single act. Though it made her and Luciano even closer than ever before. Abbey broke. She could not handle a child now. What would Luciano think of her being pregnant? He was the only one able to be the father. What would Millard and Noelle think? What would her mother think? She was starting out having children so early. Abbey felt moisture build in her eyes, and she backed against the wall. Her hands clinched her head and she fell to the floor. Abbey pulled her knees up to her chest and she muttered, "I can't be a mom this young. I can't do this!" Abbey felt her tears run down her cheeks. She could not do anything except cry. Her hormones were out of whack anyway. She could cry if she wanted to.

Alyssa was just head back to the Common Room after a long study session in the Library. Her Sixth Years Exams were coming up soon and she really wanted to do well on them. This year wasn't much for her at all, nothing really happened to her that was good or bad so she wasn't sure what she thought about the year being just about over. The next and final year of her time at Hogwarts was just around the corner and she could honestly say she was pretty excited to finally to be a Seventh Year. She was pretty much over the fact that she hadn't been able to become a Prefect or anything high status like her brother was. Alyssa would be just happy getting good marks on her NEWTS and making her last year of school the best year she had ever had at Hogwarts. She had made a pact to herself int he Library as she studied to to everything she could to make next year rock. There was even a list made on an empty page inside her journal. Alyssa planned for a new look, nothing extreme but enough to have eyes looking at her.She planned to attend more games, get involved in more clubs, and try to make at least one more friend if possible. It wasn't a lot but she thought it was enough to make the year amazing for her. As Alyssa took her sweet old time taking a walk before she had to go back to the Common room she saw someone run past and blinked owlishly. After a moment of watching the figure she noticed that it was a fellow Glam Squad member, Slytherin Prefect, and classmate Abigail Lurken. Although they were in the Glam Squad together people would assume them to be good friends with her, but honestly Alyssa wasn't and hadn't been for a long time. After years if having Abigail treat her and her brother like crap, and also make fun of Veela's and Half-breeds to the max it was hard to really respect the girl at all. If it was one thing she didn't like was someone being so two-faced that not even she could stand to be around her. Alyssa dearly wished they could mend their ties but it seemed like Abigail was too busy looking down on everyone else to see her own flaws.

'Oh come on!' Alyssa stopped her ballet flat shoe onto the ground when she suddenly felt guilt. Even though the girl treated her like crap Alyssa still wanted to make sure she was okay because she had far much more of a heart then she would like to at times. With a gentle sigh escaping her glossed lips she followed after Abigail with her elegantly long legs, luckily thanks to them it was easy for her to catch up to people. It wasn't until the pair had reached the Antiquated Lavatory that Alyssa raised an eyebrow. What on earth was she doing in a disgusting place like this? The blonde made her way into the room and looked around with a scrunched up nose. Ugh it smelled so bad it here! Finally Alyssa spotted Abbey, who was sitting on the floor, with her knees pulled up to her chest and what sounded like sobs coming from her. "A-Abbey...whats wrong? Are you okay?" Hopefully this would knock some sense into that girls head. She was upset and usually treated Alyssa like crap, yet the blonde was hear checking up to see if she was okay. Sometimes Alyssa wondered where her honor and kindness came from it. Either she had really mellowed out over the years or Vincent was drugging her with some sweetness bug.

Amethyst eyes that were red and somewhat puffy gazed over her bronze arms and into the blue eyes of someone that practically shone with beauty like a goddess. It took a moment for Abbey to register the fact that it was Alyssa Snow. A girl that Abbey had been so nice to over the years, and had been wanted to make it up to her and just did not know how. How could Abbey try to make it up to her? She had been so mean and all to her kind, and her brother. Though she had said absolutely nothing this year. She had been rather quiet this term. However, her good term came down to the worst, and she was now going to have a baby she was not ready for. Her swollen eyes stared at Alyssa and she shook her head. "Oh Alyssa, I don't know if I can tell anyone just yet."

Abbey buried her head into her arms again, and she doubted that she could even say what was wrong with her before she broke. Well, she was breaking enough, so she needed help. She needed a friend, even though Abbey herself had not been much of a friend herself. "I am sorry for not being such a friend in the past, but nothing I put you through can compare to the mistake I have done upon myself." Abbey had only done it once, and it came back to bite her. Well, at least they were together now, her and Luciano. But would he remain with her now that she was pregnant? These thoughts were clouding her mind, and caused her to weep just as hard even more. How was she going to tell the news to everyone?

The crying and pitiful look certainly didn't suit Abbey, and that was the first Alyssa noticed when she saw the purple-eyed girl look at her. Alyssa was told by her that she wasn't sure if she can tell anyone just yet. A perfectly trimmed eyebrow was raise when she fully took in when Abigail had told her. Surely if it was something bad enough to make her cry it should be told to someone just in case. "Well why not? Abbey if it's something serious you should really tell at least someone." If she didn't feel like telling any of the Glam Squad members she should go tell the nurse or the headmaster, maybe even Professor Styx. Just by the look on the Slytherin Prefects face and Alyssa could tell that the girl was in hysterics about something that could potentially be very dangerous or something. Because Alyssa had rarely ever seen her this upset. The blonde walked forward so she was closer to abbey before she carefully crouched down and sat down next to her on the dirty Lavatory floor. She was probably going to regret this later but oh well. Alyssa had always been to much of a nice person to just walk away from something like this.

"Okay really whats up? You've never apologized like that before. Did you...do something?" Alyssa asked worriedly as her crystal blue eyes widened with ultimate worry. Abigail used to always make Alyssa feel like crap and never once had she apologized or even looked sorry for it after it had been done. Come to think of it things had been a little funny looking for Abigail since the last break to Brightstone, did something happen there. Alyssa scooted closer and sat in silence as she waited for the purple eyed girl to say something or another.

Abbey wondered if Alyssa would just leave her now, give her the cold shoulder that she deserved so much after so many years of the Prefect teasing her so. With a heavy sigh, she knew that she would have to spill the information. She could not lie, and her eyes showed more than ever before. She could hear that Alyssa take a seat in front of her, before it came into her mind that the floor was dirty, but by this point Abbey just could not bring myself up to care. “I want to, but I just can’t! I can’t lose him after I just got him,” Abbey said into her arms, her voice muffled and her accent more British as she hid it rather well when she was not upset. Abbey managed to gain little control over her tears, and she wiped her eyes with her tanned hand and she glanced over at Alyssa with her reddened and purple eyes. She looked an absolute mess, and for once, she did not care about her appearance. She wanted someone to talk to, actually. She needed someone. Would Alyssa fill that spot after everything else that the Prefect had done to her, to everyone like her? Abbey felt bad enough after everything else. Because of her actions, she managed to isolate herself.

The Slytherin took a deep breath and she confessed, “Luciano and I, we were at Brightstone, and um… Some stuff happened with his dad and I got scared for him. He was vulnerable and I was terrified that his dad would harm him. I guess we had a lot of tension held up and we slept together just to sum it up. We became boyfriend and girlfriend, and I’m…I’m…” Abbey paused for a moment, and she closed her eyes and buried her face in her arms once more. With a muffled voice, she groaned, “I’m pregnant.” There, it was out. Abbey lifted her head up and she pleaded, “Please, don’t tell anyone, okay? I could miscarry or something and no one would ever know. Just keep this between us. But because of this, this event, my life and future, I don’t know if I have control of it anymore!” Abbey was frantic. The hormones were really getting to her.

Alyssa noted to herself that it had something to do with a guy but she wasn't quite sure exactly what guy Abigail was talking about since she rarely saw the girl hang out with any guys. She continued to sit there and list to everything her 'friend' told her and it wasn't long before Alyssa finally was able to fully make out who it was that Abigail was talking about. Her nose scrunched up as she gave her a 'are you serious' look. Not that she was really one to tell her friends who they dated or act like she knew Luciano like Abbey might have but she knew that he wasn't exactly A class in her eyes. Alyssa sort of found him to be too depressed and moody, not to mention a total creeper. But at least he had enough respect to not be rude and bother her like some people did. So he had..something going for him at least. Maybe her friend saw something she didn't see so how was she to say if he was someone that Abbey should be interested in or not. Unlike Abigail herself she would never purposely make fun of someone because they were different. "You slept with Luciano? Um...ew? Er sorry but..wow. Don't you think that was a little too fast for the two of you? Especially when your both so young?" Alyssa pat Abigails back comfortingly as she tried to think of something to say to this that wasn't all that mean or sounding too harsh when she was this upset. But at the same time they weren't even together when this had happened and still in school. Not all couples were like her and Vincent but she thought that an act such as that should wait until two people are promised to one another at least, and out of school. It was hardly normal to think about one of her friends losing her innocence like that. It almost made Alyssa feel like she was a prude or something because she hadn't even really thought about doing anything like that until..well just now. The next yet of words made Alyssa jump and stare at Abigail with the widest set of crystal blue eyes she had ever shown.

"W-what Pregnant? Abbey what the hell is the matter with you?! It's bad enough that you slept with him but you also didn't take care? Really? How do you expect to have a baby when your still in school? Your last year of school is going to be ruined?!" Alyssa cursed in French after a moment of quickly telling Abigail her piece of mind on all of this. She turned and gave the Slytherin Prefect a hug after she said all of this and scooted so she was siting on her knees in front of Abigail. Sure it sounded like she mad but she was actually worried about her friend. Having a baby was something she had also never thought about until just now, how was it she let her mind slip of all these things? It was probably because she wasn't ready for these things. But the fact that she was a Glam Squad member and a Prefect meant that it was going to be harder because people were going to talk. "You know that people are going to talk. Especially once you start to show...and they are going to look, and...your going to know exactly how it feels you know? Your going to well..feel exactly how I used to feel when you picked on me." Alyssa sighed and muttered her last part almost bitterly. This was going to reflect on everyone and once Professor Styx and the Headmaster found out she knew there was going to be trouble. There had never been a girl..pregnant at Hogwarts before.

Abbey rolled her amethyst eyes when Alyssa scrunched her nose up at the thought of her Luciano. Abbey say something in him that was most divine and attracted her so. She found him adorable and loving, and since that day, things have been rather open for them, and it was scary, Abbey had to admit, to let someone that close to her in a short amount of time. The passion that they shared and continue on, Abbey was still afraid that she could lose that for the baby within. Luciano was not a pure-blood, that much Abbey was almost certain of, and he was not a mudblood either. She had to learn to apply this thought of acceptance to everyone, since it was almost hypocritical that she would love and cherish Luciano and yet he is not pure like she was. Bowing her head, Abbey confessed, "The first time, it was painful, but after a while, I guess it is enjoyable. But yes, I agree it was much too fast even for my liking. We are both young, but there are others out there doing it a lot more than I plan to. I don't want to do it again until, well, until way later. At least I am trying to conserve myself for when adulthood comes." Or maybe until she was married. Then again, the point of marriage was to bear children and she already skipped that. That was almost say, but then she felt like she was going to throw up again. This baby, if the baby survived - if she survived after telling Noelle and Millard - was going to drive her insane. Luckily, she managed to gain the upper hand so that she would not have to hurl anytime soon. It was a pain in the arse to deal with.

Abbey sighed when Alyssa started to freak out at her, but Abbey did not get mad at what she was saying. It was almost expected really. She was a teenager, in school, and she got knocked up on the first time of having sex. Why could this not happen to someone else? Why her? Abbey wanted to just rewind time and go back through it and never travel to Brightstone. Then again, if she hadn't then she might have lost Luciano to that dreadful father of his. Abbey spoke once more, "I know all of this, Alyssa! It was not planned thus no care could have been taken. It was just a spur of the moment thing. I know that my school life is ruined and I don't know what I'll do. Why else would I be sitting here freaking out about it? I'll figure it out as time goes, but I am going to be responsible about it, and tkae charge of the consequences. It is the only right thing I can think of right now." Abbey watched Alyssa change positions, and she adjusted herself so that she too was sitting on her knees. She put her hands on her stomach, her tears having ceased their flow. She closed her eyes as Alyssa pointed out what she had done, and how others would talk about her. Abbey shook her head and she shrugged, "Let them talk. I have nothing more to ruin now. I cannot stop them. Alyssa, please, take my apology for everything I have said about you and your brother last year and before that. You two did not deserve it and I'm trying to fix the mistakes I have done in my past. Only one thing I can never repair though..." Her gaze went down to her stomach, and she shook her head. "I need support. I can't do this on my own."

Just recently Alyssa remembered that she had been thinking to herself what an easy and peaceful year this had been for her and she was so thankful for one finally. Of right about now she was beginning to think that she shouldn't have gotten her hopes up because drama seemed to follow her whenever possible. At least this one didn't fully involve ruining her life so it wasn't like she had much room to complain. But still there was a part of her that still cared for Abigail and didn't like that this was happening to her. "Okay relax, your going to give yourself wrinkles if you keep stressing out like that. Do you at least know whether your going to keep the baby or if you'd like to speak to Luciano about it first? And I know this may seem like the worst idea...but letting Professor Styx know eventually would be a good idea." Alyssa muttered now that she was sort of done lecturing Abigail and was onto the road of trying to help her calm down and piece together exactly what she wanted to do. For once Alyssa was grateful that she was herself and not in another one's shoes. As much as she loved Vincent the thought of pulling such a stupid stunt and getting pregnant at such a young age seemed like something that would drive her crazy. She wanted a career and to her life settled and planned a little first. Of course she wanted Vincent by her side every step of the way but she hoped that her understood her about not wanting children and stuff like that so soon. How was Abigail going to be able to manage her school work with a baby? Studying while being pregnant sounded like hell so she knew this was going to be a rough beginning for all of them. Especially since Alyssa was Abigails roommate and would have to deal with it to some degree whether she liked it or not.

"Since I'm awesome like that I guess I can accept your apology. I cannot speak for Theodore though. You know how he is." Alyssa muttered softly, she thought it was funny how her accent still seemed fairly strong when she had been in New Zealand for quite awhile. Theodore's accent was still there but so much less stronger than hers and she figured it was because he disregarded his French background as much as possible. Alyssa followed Abigails gaze to her stomach before she smiled ever so softly, one of those really pretty smiles that made it so hard not to smile yourself. Recently Alyssa had been studying to become a Healer and Pregnancies and babies was something she had been reading about as well. "Well you have my support. I've been reading a lot about pregnancies in my healing books so if you have any questions and stuff I'll be there." Alyssa told her friend softly as she ran a few of her fingers through her perfect silky blonde hair. Hopefully this is what kind of support Abbey was seeking because Alyssa was entirely sure how she could offer to help her out anymore. Possibly she could be there for the birth and even be by her side when she needed, but seeing as this is probably the first Pregnancy Alyssa would have dealt with she wasn't too sure what she needed to do for Abbey yet. God help her if she ever decided to have her own kids one day.

Abbey thought that what Alyssa said was completely out of her mind. Tell Professor Styx that she was pregnant, there was no bloody way. Well, next year she will have to explain why she had a rather large stomach, but right now, she could probably hide it for a while. Pass it off as the stomach flu. But when September rolls around, she would be five months along, and that would be when you could really tell. Abbey shook her head, "I don't really care much about wrinkles right now. I fear I will get stretch marks more than wrinkles actually. But, I want to keep the baby. I guess I will have to let Luciano know that I am pregnant. But as for Professor Styx, I don't want to let him know anything until I am sure that this baby will survive the first three months." Abbey slowly got on her feet, and she stretched for a bit, getting blood back into her muscles. Oh how things were just so dramatic in her life! She was having a calm life, and the first time she does something fun, a baby is formed from it. Abbey was starting to think that she had some rotten luck in her life. She was going to have to adjust to the pregnant life, and she did not even know what to do first. Tell Luciano first, and then her parents. There was no way she could hide it. And she could never have an abortion. She did not want to consider adoption either. She did not want to consider adoption until she knew for sure that she could not handle the baby.

"Well, Theodore I can worry about later. I have this to take care of. I'll talk to him later," Abbey shrugged lightly, and hoped that they could overcome their differences. Both of them had their rough words back when they were approximately third years. They were adults now, and could handle things like adults. Abbey was glad that she had Alyssa's support at least. That was what she needed now. Abbey would have hugged her, but she felt rather nauseous and did not want to throw up all over the blonde. "Thanks, cause I need all the help I can get. Think we can leave here...shower and eat? It is making me think I may not keep my snacks down. I can't even keep my breakfast down..." Abbey flourished her wand and used the cleaning spell to clean off her clothing. But she needed to shower and eat anyway. At least there were little traces of her crying now gone.

Alyssa sighed and listened to Abigail tell her that she wanted to keep the baby and that she didn't plan to tell Professor Styx for awhile, which was completely understandable. Telling him would probably be a lot scarier then telling one's parents because he was the last person you wanted to disappoint when it came to being a Prefect and such. "You know, cocoa butter really helps with preventing stretch marks. As for telling Luciano, if you need support I will be be there. But I wish you good luck, telling a guy that he's about to be a father isn't easy." Alyssa stood up as well and dusted off her outfit a little. This was going to be a difficult to deal with for awhile. Especially since next year was probably going to be by far the most difficult of all. It would be their final year at Hogwarts where they needed to have a job set in mind and everything, it's when the most difficult classes will come their way and when they would take their NEWT's. In fact no one had given her a reassurance that they were at all easy. It looked like studying was going to be something she was doing a lot of next year. Her eyes shifted back to Abigail. How was she going to manage studying for her NEWT's when she had a baby?

"Good idea, besides I don't think talking to him while your pregnant is going to spark some really good results." Alyssa rolled her crystal blue eyes as she thought about her brother. Theodore really seemed to be not very fond of both Pregnant women and babies so her talking to him now would probably just aggravate him for more then he has been lately. The stress of Exams seemed to be getting to him. "Sounds good, you know some types of tea can cure Nausea. Eh okay I need to stop reading Health books. Afterwards I'm sure we can settle down in the Common room and such later, c'mon." Alyssa flicked some of he long blonde hair out of her face before she gave Abigail a pretty smile and told the girl to follow her with a small motion of her hand. This was going to be a rough year ahead of them. But at least it would give Alyssa more needed experience to become a Healer.

Abbey did not think that she would need Alyssa there when she told Luciano, but it felt nice to have someone willing to be there. "You are a really good friend, Alyssa. I will definitely come find you when it comes time to tell him if I cannot do so myself." But could Abbey do it? She hoped so. Or else she would not be in good waters if she did not do it at all. How else would she explain just how large around she was getting? But explaining the situation to Professor Styx would be even more devastating. She just could never bring herself up to going up to him and announcing that she was pregnant. She just could not. It would be horrid to her reputation. Though it is still going to put her reputation down the drain, what if she lost her prefect status? Could she ever live with that humiliation? "Perhaps I should just...wait a while, maybe a year from now or something?" her tone was full of jest, but making it up to an ex was the last thing on her mind right now anyway. Abbey knew from what Alyssa was talking about, she would be a nice healer in the future. She followed Alyssa out of the room to go nurture herself some. She needed it after crying for so long.
Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back