Complications and suffering

Kasey Blake

OOC First Name
Nishma
Wand
Holly Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Feather
OOCOut of Character:
Continued from Hard truth and shock that follows

Kasey apparated into her manor and put her bags aside. She was too weak and in much shock to stand firmly. Feeling dizzy and nauseated she took small steps towards the sofa. Riley Smith's words and face came zooming in her head and their conversation repeated itself a thousand times. The feeling of being betrayed by her love, her husband, Hadan was far too much than she could take.

Her drawing room started spinning before her, her eyes dropping and now she felt severe pain in her stomach. The contractions seemed to have begun and she could not bear all these emotions and pain all together.Its early, a week early. If I delivered the baby right now it would be premature and...she thought before losing her stamina to think.Just before her eyes closed completely she could see Hadan's face spinning like the room itself and she mumbled to him "Why?" before fainting into his arms.

Hadan couldn't avoid what he had done to Kasey any longer. Now sporting a black eye in which he told it had been an accident, he prepare himself to tell her the entire truth. Walking up the steps to his dwelling, he found his home emptied when he disarm a security spell at the front door. Hadan adventure inside, dropping off a few letters on top of a table, he moved onto towards the living room. Where he looked up and notice the father clock read three in the afternoon. Kasey face appeared to be moving slowly on one of the clock's hand. She was coming home. Hadan waited for her to appear, he couldn't take this lies anymore he had to tell her. She appeared with a few bags in hands, she seem daze. Hadan stood worried.

"Kasey? What's wrong?" he asked her. She drop her bag, like a silence spelled plaque her very throat. She walked wearily up to him, whatever that's happening, Hadan began to worry about the baby. "Kasey?!?!" he called out to her. She fell into his arms and asked an ominous question. "Why?" she asked him. Hadan stop, he told her. That bastard told her! Hadan flashed his eyes down at her, she fell unconscious. Hadan panicked, he had to act fast. The baby, Kasey, what the hell was he gonna do! He summoned a potion from a nearby cabinet. "Kasey! Drink this" he popped the vile, it had a taste of mint. He force down her pale lips, "Baby please wake up, the baby. Please wake up" he held onto her. If she didn't react now, he would have to take her to st.mungos. "Wake up Kasey"

Just before she became unconscious in his arms she could hear his voice calling out her name in concern. All fake, she thought as tears welled up in her eyes as she shut them and became unconscious. It was a minute after that when she could feel someone putting something down a throat, a potion with a mint taste. She chocked upon it and regained consciousness. Hadan's voice was just not helping, his fake concern making her angry. She wanted to tell him to get lost but she couldn't find her voice. With this another realization hit her, the pain, the labour pain. She cried in agony finding her voice as she opened her eyes.

Hadan's face appeared as a blur due to two reasons, one being the dizziness and the second being the tears. "Leave me.." she said in a croaky voice. She tried to get on her feet but it didn't help because just as she did so her pain only increased."The baby.."she said as more tears came down her pale cheeks. Gripping her stomach with both her hands she took a few steps back and fell into a couch. "I...amm going ..to ..Paris...Meedical Cenn...tre" she voiced once again. She did not realize but her right hand had gripped him while her left hand held her stomach. She could only hope the baby was alright. If anything happened to the baby she was never going to speak to Hadan ever again. With that thought she apparated from their mansion and seconds later appeared in an elevator on the third floor of the medical center and Kasey started losing consciousness once again.

"Kasey I was trying to tell....let me help you please" he spoke, his tears fighting back to come out. "Just the stress of having a child came..." he stop seeing her crumble in pain. "Kasey I agree we need to take you there" he said between her pain, he felt horrible. Disgusted for decving her. For lying, for not telling her how he really felt about the baby..."Kasey?" he pleaded with her ounce of energy in his body. However, by the time he stood in balance, they had disappeared away from the house, away from their comfort zone. Now they appeared inside a muggel hospital, where doctors and patients were to busy to notice the couple come out of nowhere. "Kasey, did you just realize you came out of nowhere..." he was cut, she started to register them quickly, but the contraction were coming quickly. Hadan grabbed a hold of his wife, "DON'T YOU SEE SHE HAVING A BABY? COME SOMEONE HELP HER!" Hadan called out, the doctors came rushing out taking Kasey away from her husband arm. "Do you want him to come?" they asked, Hadan stood, a tear running down his cheek. "Please? Its my first child" he looked at Kasey.

Kasey could hear Hadan trying to convince her and say that he was stressed about the baby. What did he have to stress about that? Didn't men realize that it was the women who had to bare all the pain and the emotional stress? "Help?"she asked him angrily. "How? By sleeping with another" she said furiously trying to shout with all the voice she had remaining in her vocal cords. All this she said in the elevator. "Don't start on me Hadan..." she said as she walked out of the elevator slowly trying to balance her own weight. She tried to tell the receptionist that filling the forms would take a lot of time and she couldn't wait that long but they were too busy to hear. Her pain was just increasing with time and she couldn't bear standing here. She held her stomach with both her hands trying to get someone's attention but she couldn't. She was glad when Hadan shouted and then a doctor came to assist her. She could have thanked him but that would mean looking at his face which she couldn't do right now. His brown eyes just reminded her that he had someone else in his life.

She started walking in the room as the doctor asked if she wanted him to come. She didn't. He was stressing about the baby then why should he care? But her heart was softer and said "Yes, but don't talk to me" .She was instructed to lie down on the stretcher and she did so. The pain was intolerable and more tears came down her eyes because her mind was too confused on its focus. She was distracted between her baby and Hadan. She was losing consciousness when the doctor said to Hadan "we need her to stay awake or we will have complications.

Each blow of her tearful words, made Hadan less than a man than he already felt. He wanted to say, hadn't I suffer enough? Committing gods moral sin, betraying someone I love because of side distraction? That while my wife was home, I've did the biggest mistake in my entire life? He wanted so badly to say that, but those words kept running around his head. When he figure those words sounded too selfish, he thank Merlin beard he didn't. Or else he will be the one lying on a stretcher next to wife, figuring she had enough power to take him down. She did work as an auruor in the Ministry of France. She could do it, he glad he didn't voice them. Instead keeping shut when her voice broke the sound barriers around them, and all eyes orb solemnly on the argumentive couple.

That made Hadan feel more guilty. The looking eyes of those around them, looking at him as the bad guy. Cause that's just who you are Hadan, the bad guy. You scum bag, lower than dirt, he kept cussing silently. His hand reached out for Kasey, as his thoughts made him feel like sh!t. He stop when she looked at him, she accepted him to go with her, he kept his head down. He kept following them while she ride the stretcher. He felt more bad when she kept fainting, his hand again reached for her soft delicate small ones. "Kasey love, please stay awake, think about the baby...please don't lose hope.." he spoke while they walked fast into a room, his hand never letting her go. "If she doesn't wake up Mr.Blake we will have to do an emergency c-section." the midwife spoke to him, the doctor already preparing for the worst on the other side of Kasey. "I love you Kasey, you are my world. Please get up," he still hope he had that but of vile, but he didn't think he had it anymore. He had to depend on muggels to look after hiq wife, he would have faith they will do his small family well.

This time she had lost consciousness completely. She lay there not knowing what happened in the room. As the machines attached to her indicated this, doctor told Hadan “We will have to do a cesarean delivery. Please sign the papers outside” The documents stated that the doctors would not be held responsible for the mother or the child’s health if anything happened to them during this delivery. In such cases the success rates were low and now due to the emotional and physical trauma, Kasey and her baby were in danger.

Hadan was forced out of the room by the midwife in charge. She explain quickly to Hadan why he couldn't be there when the child taken from the inside of Kasey's womb. He cursed as the midwife disappeared. If they had just went to St.Mungos, Kasey would've been okay. Now its to late to go there and take her away from the prying eyes of muggels. All he could do now was wait, wait till they were done. Wait to see what happens. Wishing for a better outcome than their heart breaking dispute at home. He paced back and forth, waiting for Kasey and the baby. He would hate himself forever if she didn't pull through. He would possibly think of ways of shutting himself down, those were just thoughts. He had to think clearly for the sake of his wife. He decided to sit, with head bowed. The bones in his body ached, the color of his skin went pale, little by little his strength drain. He hated waiting, he hated being the cause of this, he hated for all that he's done.

Kasey lay there not knowing what was going on with her. The doctor meanwhile started the operation with help from the midwife. They cut through the stomach very carefully making sure they didn't cut the wrong vessel in the process. The baby was taken from the womb and the umbilical cord was cut out. Blood was spread all over Kasey's stomach and the midwife stood in shock carrying the baby as she asked the doctor why the baby wasn't crying. "Prepare the CPR, low voltage" the doctor instructed to the midwife. She prayed, prayed for the baby and the mother's safety. "All clear" the midwife said for the first time and then the doctor gave the CPR to the baby for the first time. It didn't work. They tried it for the second time and it was then that the baby started crying. The midwife went out to call Hadan and another one cleaned up the fluids from the womb. "Congratulations!It's a boy, we had to use CPR and its premature" she informed him as she allowed him to come in. The baby was cleaned and put in a safety chamber where it was given oxygen supply and kept safe. Kasey stomach was stitched back. "Have you thought of a name?" the midwife asked Hadan as she took out her gloves and disposed them. Then looking at Kasey she said to him "We'll have to see if she gains consciousness within twenty four hours, only then she will be safe"

OOCOut of Character:
sorry for the delay in my post, been feeling writers block. will be slow with them :(
"Yes, his name will be Ethan. Like Kasey had wanted him to be..." he said, sort of distraught his wife seems so close to death, yet she was still here with them. Just not speaking or awake. He watched over Ethan, the incubator keeping him safe. "Ethan Blake..." repeated the doctor, Hadan shook his head. Acknowledging the very name...

..twenty four hours passed. Hadan watched over Ethan from the hallways window. Hadan hadn't been nowhere else but here. He didn't have the guts to be with Kasey, if she were alive or not? Hadan couldn't face her, all he could do was make sure Ethan was safe. He was, and had been okay since he's been born Five pounds and eleven ounces. Close to six pounds, but still premature. Hadan sighed, he waited here with Ethan. To see what will happen to Kasey than. He prayed for her to be okay, he prayed and wished this had never happen to them at all.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry kinda disturbing to me with the cutting and stuff. Ha

OOCOut of Character:
Its okay, take your time :D

Ethan was well attended to in these twenty four hours, he was safe. In the twenty third hour, Kasey regained consciousness. The effects of the medicine to reduce pain were wearing off and she could feel the lightness in her stomach, as if something was missing. Her head was too clouded to figure out. It was when the sound of Ethan crying that made her realize that she had delivered the baby and he was safe. She opened her eyes, a smile on her face as she searched for the baby. She spotted Ethan crying and there beside him stood Hadan. All the memories came rushing back to her. She was too weak to get up and take Ethan and she was too hurt to speak to Hadan. Soon the doctor came in to see if she was okay and asked her how she felt now. "I'm better, thanks" she said with a smile as she watched Ethan wanting to hold him in her hands. She thanked god for keeping him safe and keeping her safe as well.

Hadan pushed the incubator at last close to Kasey when he saw her eyes slowly opening from all the killer medicine she had to endure through all her labors. He set the incubator right next to Kasey, the doctors say Ethan came out healthy regardless how small and fragile he seemed. He came out with all his body functions, all his inner organs were okay. The worst that could've happen if he didn't developed all the way. They would've have to had gone to St.Mungos just for that. "Hey?" he spoke after a few seconds passed soon turn two minutes, he dreaded not hearing her speak. The woman he cared for the one who finish giving birth to their child still exist in his world. If she hadn't things would've just been black and blue for him. Like a silent movie, he would live his life in that form, waiting till he took the plunge to meet her the next life. It would've been selfish. Hadan felt selfish at times. When it came to Kasey, his world just revolved around her. Having the baby soon took him away from Kasey for a while. He didn't want to have Ethan truthfully, however those days seem to evaporate from his thoughts now that he's here. Ethan may have been a blessing to the both of them. "How are you feeling?" he asked her, sitting down beside the bed. He wanted to kiss her, hold her and make her feel whole again. Now he just didn't see that happening since she may still the pain from the day before. That just doesn't go away to easily.

Kasey smiled as she watched Ethan from up close. He seemed to realize that she was her mother and stopped crying. She wanted to hold him but he had to be in the incubator for now. Just seeing him safe gave her all the relief in the world. She was so happy. She had always wanted this, a baby boy. Back during her first year she remembered the times she was talking with Jessy about having their own children. Tears of happiness started flowing from her eyes as she looked up at the doctor as he said that Ethan was healthy. "Thank you" she said to him in French.

Her eyes moved to Hadan who asked her how she was feeling. He was sitting beside the bed and she wanted to hug him and kiss him and do all things couples did after getting their first baby but she couldn't ignore what had been done to her. "I am okay now" she told him looking into his eyes trying to decipher whether he was happy that she was fine or would he rather have her dead. The doctors left them alone and she went back to gazing at Ethan. "You didn't want him after all, did you?" she asked Hadan remembering how on their honeymoon he had asked her to wait for the baby and then again his shock when he heard about her pregnancy. He didn't want her to be occupied with a baby and be all fat. She had just gained a few kilos during her delivery and she had always been a fashion diva otherwise. She would have had her diet and put on the best clothes once again, if only he would have waited.

"To be honest...no I didn't at first..." Hadan hung his head in shame. He couldn't believe what he just told her but that's closet to the truth he will tell her. It was the truth, now its different. "I just didn't know how to share you. The pressure was on, I wanted to be selfish just a little longer" he spoke more, he turn his clouded eyes back at her. They seem daze when he spoke, now he felt more clear and made sense now that he was telling her how he felt. "Its brand new, Ethan. He looks so much like you..." he cracked a smile. The smile held so much meaning of affection, it was overwhelming now that he felt completely different about Ethan. It took him being here to change his mind. "I want him, I want you...I want all of us to be a family" he said more pleading. As if this were his last chance to make thinks right, Hadan took the weak hand of his wife and closed it around his own. "Just give me a chance? It will take time I know but....that's all I want.." he said once more, every bit of his words suppressing against each other, made it hard for him to speak. He just had to say it. He can't hide it anymore. Hadan did wrong, he will accept responsibility. Losing his family is not what he wanted. At twenty, young and naïve, Hadan still loved Kasey. He wanted to love her more and Ethan as well. He wanted to accept the change in his family, good or bad. Hadan just wanted to make her feel whole again.

Kasey waited to hear Hadan's reply. She didn't want to hear it but she had to have this conversation with him for Ethan's sake. She waited as he said that he didn't want the baby at first and explained himself how he was selfish. She couldn't believe that Hadan had actually faked his happiness about the baby at first, she couldn't imagine how he did that and she was shocked at how she hadn't seen right through him. She hid her face in her pillow like a teenager, well maybe because she was one and started sobbing. He wanted her and Ethan now but when it was his turn to help and tolerate he didn't want it. "Had you been in my place you would have known how it feels" she said as she sobbed her face still hidden in the pillow. The thought that the nurse would come rushing back in made her leave the pillow aside and look at Hadan, her eyes puffy. "How do I trust you that you won't do it again?" she asked him still very unsure about what to do of this situation.

"I wouldn't know how to react if I had been in your position. You woman make it seem easy but as I see it now...its hard. I understand and that's why I apologize first for being selfish" he lean down and kiss the back of her hair. She sobbed into the ivory pillows, her light makeup already washed away did not taint the pillow case, instead tears crawled down her face. The ivory pillow seems to be the most source of comfort she felt right now. "I'm sorry for that, its unfair to be that way" he said kissing her skin now, where her ears speaked from the mess of dark tresses. He kissed her right ear down to her olive tone cheek. "If you give me a chance, I will do my best to love you forever.." he whisper into her ears this time. The nurse came and took a good look at Ethan, Hadan didn't bother to gaze up. He just wanted to be with his wife, however his father's instincts made him look up. The nurse was smiling, she gave Ethan over to him. Hadan smile holding this gentle little creature, little Ethan smile with his eyes close till they open a little peaking back at Hadan. He moved back closer to Kasey, "Here's Ethan" he gave him over to his mom. "Wow..." was all he could say after holding his son.

Kasey sat there hearing his reply and then feeling very confused as he kissed her hair and her cheek. She had to trust him, she had no other way. It wasn't like she was going to ask him to make the unbreakable vow because that wouldn't be love anymore and after all this she still loved him very much. She was distracted as the nurse brought them Ethan. She smiled and this time tears of joy came from her eyes, joy of holding her first child in her hands. She didn't even say 'wow' because she was speechless.

She hugged Ethan to her chest making sure she didn't hug him too tight because he was fragile. "I love you" she told him as she kissed the small palm of her baby boy. The nurse had to take Ethan for more tests and Kasey turned to Hadan hoping that her brain would give in as well to her idea of forgiving her husband because the Ravenclaw brain worked in many ways that this teenage which did not know. She leaned forward and gave her husband a hug. She did believe that he was really sorry and she had forgives him. "Never hide anything from me, ever again no matter how painful it is to me" she told him with a smile.

She cried some more for little Ethan, this time her tears were filled with joy. He could tell just by standing there she seem happy to hold him, and her lips didn't say much, except "I love you..." and hugging Ethan as if he were the fragilest human being in the world. Hadan would've done the same if he had held him more. Before she gave him away, Hadan kissed Ethan on his soft cheek. The nurse took him away, Hadan watched till they left the room. He turn to comfort his wife some more, feeling her arms cling around his chest and neck. He took her into a greater embrace, hugging her tight with so much love for his woman. "I promise I won't hide it from you or act on it again..." his British accent curse to leave his very lips. He looked down at Kasey and kissed her with all his might. He pushed her down and kissed her, with his arms still hugging around her as they laid side by side against each other. This will always be the woman in his dream, as far as he know it no one else exist in his eyes anymore. "I love you Mrs. Blake.." he snuggled her neck in affection.

Kasey beamed watching the nurse take Ethan and then as she was embraced into a tight hug by her husband. It felt like ages since she had last found herself in his arms, she had missed this the most during her pregnancy. She was glad to receive the promise from him, his voice was truthful and she knew that he meant it. She grinned at Hadan and kissed him back passionately. "I love you too" she said with a smile as she watched his eyes and switched off her mind that was still having doubts about trusting Hadan. All she wanted to know was that he was here with her and they had their first child. "We need to inform your parents, how happy they will feel about being grandparents" she said with a smile as she thought about the happiness of Hadan's parents who would soon meet their grandchild.

Hadan smiled now that he's gotten her trust, not completely still every ounce matter. "Yes my parents will be happy to meet Ethan soon. They have been asking about you a lot and sent you more gifts the passed weekend..." Hadan spoke softly into her ears. "We have to inform your parents too. Last time I spoke to them, they were ecstatic about the baby and all..." he couldn't wait for them to be home and forget about some of what happen the day before. "Hey? How long you think it will be when we can take Ethan with us?" he asked his darling wife.

Kasey smiled as Hadan said that his parents had sent her gifts and had been asking about her, that was very sweet. She had been scared at first like all other newly married girls about how her husband's parents would be but they were the best parents-in-law she could have imagined. "Maybe an hour or two" she said thoughtfully as she gave Hadan a charming smile. She was glad that everything was okay and for now her mind was asked to shut down. "I should go fresh up a bit" she said as she carefully got down of her bed and made her way to the rest room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back