Alternate RP Complexities of Life

This is a roleplay outside of the site's canon.
Corentin shrugged, "Both...," he said with a dry tone, not trying to over play how he'd been. But he could use both. He shook his head. "No, it's fine," he assured him, his accent thick against the english words. he didn't meet his twin's gaze at the gentle question. "My wife died last week...and her family always thought I was beneath her, and they kicked me and Amias out, taking everything in the process" Corentin said it almost quite casually, like the weight of it hadn't fully set in, or like it had made him completely numb.

Corvin listened quietly, pouring the man an Irish coffee. He moved over to the table, setting the drink down, and just opened up his arms, wordlessly offering a hug to his twin. Corvin had never met Cory's wife- or even his son- but whatever happened, they were twins, and Corvin had always loved his brother. Even after all this time, some things just never changed.

The last number of years had been difficult for him, he looked at his brother's outstretched arms and immediately decided a hug was definitely what he needed. Corey reached forward and wrapped his arms around him, holding him close and feeling the relief of something familiar and nice. He didn't even realise he was crying until his whole body was rocked as he sobbed.

Corvin wrapped around his brother easily, holding the man close. He slipped a hand into Cory's hair, his grip tightening slightly as Cory cried. Corvin swayed them gently, resting his head against his brothers. Soon Corvin began to hum softly, then he sang an old lullaby gently; it was one he'd always hummed to Cory when they were kids and his brother couldn't sleep. He wasn't sure if it would still hold the same affect, but it was an old habit all the same.

Corentin allowed himself to be held by his twin, allowing the comfort of family wash over him. Corvin was a good brother where Corey was useless. He recognised the hum of the son and knew that tiredness was washing over him. He pulled away from his brother and smiled at him. "I should sleep," he said. He knew he'd been offered the bed but he suddenly felt the need to be close to his son. "I'll just take a blanket and sleep in the same room as Amias,"

Corvin let Cory pull back away, smiling and brushing his brothers hair from his face. "The bed should be big enough for both of you, honestly." He murmured. "I can go get you a spare pillow." Corvin bit back a yawn, smiling softly at his brother. "Love you, Cory," he added gently.

Corentin nodded tiredly and gave a weak smile at him. "Thank you," he said, nodding and then felt his heart tug at the words, it had been so long since they'd seen each other, but it was still something he felt. "Love you too," he told him back and it was genuine, for all the years and distance, he still very much loved his brother.

Corvin smiled softly. He reached out, squeezing Cory's hand gently before walking away to get the spare pillow from the hall closet. He fluffed it a bit, bringing it back and offering it to his brother. "I'll make you your old favorite for breakfast. Okay? You look like you need a nice meal," he smiled, having to bite back a yawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back