Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
El
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Blackthorn Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Almost everything about hogwarts was excited to Isaiah. First of all, the castle itself was huge and there must be so many secret places and hidden gems to be explored inside of it and that wasn't even all of it. There was so much to see outside of the castle as well. Gardens, cliffs, a lake and a forest they weren't allowed in which, obviously, only made him want to go there even more. Why would they even have the school next to a forest if they didn't want the students to go there? Why didn't they just build a fence around it or something? The only thing that was even better than the castle itself was the amount of students at the school. There were so many people. So. Many. People. Which meant loads of people to meet and to befriend. Oh yes, he was totally going to have a good time here. Having hun out in his common room for a little while Isaiah had heard word of some sort of common room where kids from all houses were allowed. Some sort of general lounge which seemed like the perfect place to meet people from other houses. As he entered he noticed a couple of kids he recognized from sorting, or at least he was pretty sure he'd seen their faces around when they all entered the hall as a group. Not wasting any time he made his way over to one of the sofas, plopping down next to a girl he was sure had been recently sorted as well. "Hey! How you goin'? You're freshly sorted as well right?" He spoke almost all of it in one breath, way too fast in his excitement to meet other kids.

Natalia had been exploring the castle quietly on her own since the first day she had arrived. She had made mental notes of all the more useful spots, like the library and the student lounge. While the common room would probably suffice as a space to make homework, Natalia thought the student lounge was pretty nice too. It was at least a lot lighter than the Slytherin common room, which was gloomy even on a nice day. But it was also busier, with students from different houses hanging out together. Natalia had taken a seat on one of the sofas with her Defence Against the Dark Arts textbook, trying to get some reading done so she could perhaps know a bit more than her classmates, though she was sure she already knew more than most. Her thoughts kept wandering, though, which made it hard to focus on the book. So when a boy talked to her, her look of annoyance was more about the way he spoke to her than about the interruption of her reading. "Yes." She said coolly. "Obviously." Natalia wasn't very big and knew she probably looked exactly like a first year. So unless she had come crawling out of the lake one morning and decided to start attending classes, she was obviously freshly sorted. But she kept that sarcastic thought to herself. She had gotten in trouble enough for comments like those that she automatically bit them back now.

Isaiah's main goal before classes would even start was to meet as many people as possible. Not that classes would change anything about that, it would probably still be his main goal once classes started but still he felt like right now he could do so without feeling like he should be anything else. He was a huge procrastinator anyways so he'd probably still not be doing anything when class actually started, even if he should. For now, however, he had sat down next to this girl which meant he was determined on at least getting her to talk to him for a little while. "Love the enthusiasm." Isaiah joked slightly sarcastic, not really too bothered by the girl's reaction though. If she was going to be so calm and secluded than he just had to be energetic enough for them both of them. "You could've easily been a second year as well though." He shrugged. He was sure that if he hadn't spotted her at the sorting ceremony he wouldn't have been able to guess whether she was a first year or second year student. She seemed calm, collected, as if she was already super used to being at the castle. He definitely wasn't, he just wanted to be everywhere and anywhere at the same time.

Natalia frowned at the boy's sarcastic joke. That was the sort of thing she used to be reprimanded for at home, so it was strange to hear it from someone else. Didn't he know that made him look childish? But he went on to say she could've easily been a second year, and Natalia actually felt pretty pleased by that. She couldn't help a small smile. Maybe her maturity did give her that sort of appearance. "Well. I was sorted recently just like you." She said, slightly less cold now that the boy had made her feel a bit better. "Did you have a question you wanted to ask?" It was the only reason she could imagine he bothered her while she was clearly busy. Maybe he assumed she knew a lot about Hogwarts, just like he'd assumed she was older than him. She supposed it had to do with her family history. They had been great leaders of their community in the past, and Natalia could easily believe that was something the boy could sense in her as well.

Isaiah wasn't someone who'd want to give up very easily, but the way this girl was responding made him think perhaps she wasn't someone he should spend his time on. There were plenty more other students he could go off and meet, once that might be a whole lot more fun than she seemed to be right now. Nevertheless he figured he wasn't going to give up right away. Maybe she would turn out to be fun after a little while. He definitely didn't want to judge her on the few sentences she had said to him so far. "Nah, just looking to make some friends." He shook his head at her question, a small smile on his features. He knew there were people who felt like they didn't need any friends but to him that just sounded dumb. Why would anyone want to spend seven years at the school pretty much on their own? That was just extremely lame. "I mean I don't know about you but I'm not planning on spending seven years on my own, without any friends."

Natalia had expected the boy to want something specific, but hadn't expected him to talk about making friends. She didn't think that happened like that, by simply saying you were looking to make friends. Though she definitely was not an expert on the matter. "I see." She said, mostly to give herself some time to think this over. "Obviously I'm not planning on spending seven years on my own without friends either." She said, frowning. "But to make friends you have to make sure someone is... suited for that." She said, adjusting her hair. "What is your name?" She asked him, looking at him carefully. He didn't seem to have the manners of someone in Natalia's usual circles, but maybe he was someone of consequence and she simply didn't know it.

Isaiah raised an eyebrow when the girl mentioned others had to be suited to be her friend, wondering what she meant by that. For him anyone that was even the slightest bit of fun to hang out would be suited to be his friend. Anyone he'd get along with, even if they weren't anything like him. "So you're picky." He answered with a little frown. "What would make someone.. suitable?" He asked, wondering if her answer was going to be a decisive factor in whether he'd think she was cool enough to hang out with or not. "Isaiah. Thompson." Zay introduced himself, feeling like now that he was at school he should add his surname in. It'd be cool if people recognized his cousins from playing quidditch and realized he was related to them. "You?"

Natalia frowned at the boy's words. "I'm not being picky. But you shouldn't just associate with anyone." She told him, giving him a bit of advice. "Someone suitable is someone with a similar background to you, someone who you can be on equal terms with." Natalia told him, remembering what her parents had taught her. "Someone your family would approve of." She added. The boy's last name didn't sound familiar, so Natalia didn't thinks he really had to pay attention to him. "I'm Natalia Novak." She said, though her gaze already drifted away from him, she was losing interest.

Isaiah raised a single eyebrow at the girl's words about not just associating with anyone. Where was the fun in that? If he had his way he'd be meeting everyone and anyone at the school, getting as many people to like him as he could. He shrugged at what she told him next, feeling like she was using a whole lot of fancy words. "I'm pretty sure in my family anyone is welcome." He said, frowning slightly at her words. This girl totally seemed to be going down on his internal 'fun-o-meter' with every passing second and with every word she said. When she introduced herself Zay wasn't even surprised by how formal her name sounded, cocking his head slightly when she seemed less and less interested in talking to him. "You're not a lot of fun, are you?" He looked at her questioningly, trying to figure out what her deal was. "Or is it that I'm not a suitable person to be acquainted with?" He added, trying to form his words like she had. "Because personally," Zay added with a little grin. "I reckon it's both."

If Natalia hadn't been sure about the boy's background before, his words about anyone being welcome in his family made it clear to her. She visibly lost more interest, looking away from him and glancing around as if he wasn't even there. Though she bristled a bit when he said she wasn't a lot of fun. "I suppose that depeds on your definition of fun." She said coldly, still not giving him any of her attention. When he guessed that it was that he wasn't suitable, Natalia finally glanced at him with a cold little smile. "How smart of you to figure that out by yourself." She said, tossing her hair back. "If you'll excuse me, I have more important matters to attend to." She then said primly, though she truthfully had nothing to do at all. She just wanted this boy to leave her alone now. The girl looked back down at her book, though she kept an eye on the boy from the corner of her eye.

Isaiah had come to school with the idea that there'd be so many people to meet, new friends to make, that meeting someone so opposite from him early on was a bit of a disappointment to him. This girl didn't seem fun. To him she seemed uptight and tried way too hard to act above her age. The fact that she turned away when he mentioned anyone would be welcome in his family made him immediately dislike her a whole lot more. They were definitely not raised in the same way. "You're for sure not it." Zay scoffed, crossing his arms as he looked around to see if he spotted any other first years in the room, ones that did seem nice to hang out with. "Oh I don't mind, go right ahead." He chuckled, wondering what kind of 'important matters' eleven year olds could even have. They were kids. The girl should act like one. Determined not to give her the satisfaction of thinking she got him to leave Isaiah just turned around, focussing his attention on a student occupying the sofa next to the one they were on, happily striking up a conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back