Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Uh no
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Tail of Charmed Newt
Katia Hensel walked into the lawn with her hair tied in a ponytail. She wanted to make the Quidditch team for real this time. But, she had no idea what she would do about it. October was a seeker, so she could try out for that position. Things would have to see. Katia sent out a little letter to Aonghas, asking him to meet up with her down at the lawn. Katia sat down on the grass and brought her knees to her chest while the breeze rustled through the grass. It was the winter, and she had a long cloak wrapped around her. It was not too cold, but it was enough to keep her warm. Katia sighed as she looked ahead. It was still weird for her to have two new siblings. Corvus was taking it better than she was. Katia was now the oldest. And there was another girl with red head. Katerina was her name. She had not talked to Aonghas about it, but figured now was the time to unload. The red head was not comfortable with the new guy yet. She was just weary of the man. At least he was another pureblood. That helped a lot. As she heard footsteps, Katia glanced up to see the Hufflepuff heading her way. She stretched her legs out in front of her, and gestured for him to come sit next to her.

Aonghas liked Katia enough, they were in somewhat similar positions especially in regards to family positions. He knew that having a pureblood friend who understood somewhat what it meant was useful. The hufflepuff had however been quite surprised to receive a letter from Katia asking for him to come spend time with her, which he gladly was open to. Someone who might understand why it had just been so frustrating being at home. He took a thick jumper and put it on, though it wasn’t too cold, it was still cold enough that he knew he’d get some use out of the jumper, that he’d be glad he wore it. Aonghas walked to where she said she would be and spotted Katia and her fiery red hair immediately. She seemed to hear him coming too since she turned around and waved him over. Aonghas approached with a little wave, taking a seat next to her. He settled himself easily upon the ground, sitting crossed legged and for a moment without saying anything just picked at the grass. ”How wis yer break?” Aonghas asked with a little hint of a smile towards her, opting to not really saying anything more, ”Ah heard professor Styx got married, did yer family go?” Aonghas said knowing that professor Styx had gotten married, news about pureblood marriages travelled fast. Even if Aonghas’ family were not in any way connected to hers.

Katia had a lot on her chest, and thankfully, someone like Aonghas was a great person to spill all of it to. She was relieved when he came and sat down next to her, while asking about her break and how Professor Styx got married. She gave a curt nod, especially on the last part. "I have some stuff I need to rant first." She sighed, as she began to explain how she was no longer the only daughter of her mom, and how her mom had twins last year, with a man that she wasn't married to. Katia did stress about how the twins were purebloods, so it was respectable in a way. Katia breathed out and shook her head, "I know that my dad wasn't really the best dad ever, but I kind of wanted my mom to raise us alone. Corvus and me. I guess that is selfish or something but the guy, he is just a little too... Suspicious." Katia shrugged her shoulders. "Professor Styx's wedding was pretty nice, from what I heard. My mom and her new boyfriend went, while I babysat my brother and the new twins. So, my break sucked because I couldn't be there for the actual ceremony, but the after party in Bulgaria? That I got to enjoy, but what's the point of marriage anyway? If it was for love, my mom and dad would have worked out. I hate marriages." Katia finally felt better after releasing all that tension in her chest.

Aonghas gave a little smirk as she explained that she needed to rant, and so, Aonghas just listened, it was of course the least that he could do. He knew that Katia much like himself didn’t have that many people to complain to that would understand really. That would get what he was dealing with an understanding in some regards the scope of it. He nodded along as she spoke of her mother having twins and getting married and he bit back any congratulations or questions about the blood purity since she answered at least the latter in the next breathe. He nodded as she kept going but could agree that her sentiment was probably right. He was a little sad that she didn’t actually get to go, he couldn’t imagine the gossip out of that place. At least she was at the party. He nodded in agreement, ”Ma parents didnae marry fae love either, but they’re still together,” he spoke with a little sigh, ”Ma brother was due tae marry some pureblood lass but he says naw and suddenly its like he never existed, no even like he died, just wasnae ever there,” Aonghas spoke quietly but the frustrations he felt with his parent’s attitude was clear. He explain quickly how outrageous he found his brother’s treatment when both of his parents had first been in relationship and had children before they’d gotten together, so why couldn’t his brother be given the same leeway, not even that he might date some of the purebloods that he’d have to marry the first one his parents brought him. ”Marriage isnae fae love fae us, it’s whit our parents decide will be good fae them,”

Katia felt a million times better as she ranted to her friend. As he started to talk, she stared a little blankly at the fact that his parents did not marry for love, but they were still together. Was that the secret? She had a few arranged marriages in her family, and they were still together (though the consequences would be severe if they did separate - not that Katia knew that). Katia clasped her hands together and mused, "Marrying for love is too much of a risk. Personally, I loathe it. I would rather have an arranged marriage so that I can have a guaranteed life." Katia wished her mother and father would have done it, but her father was so much against it, while her mom was all for it, thus ruining her chance. His brother was pretty much exiled for not following the traditions. She nodded while Aonghas explained about his brother's relationship, and unsure why the parents were that strict when they had others before. "I understand. Having a little fun before marriage wouldn't be too much. Have your parents chosen someone for you yet?"

Aonghas knew that marrying for love was what most people did, that it was something that he wasn’t allowed to do really. It was like Katia said too much of a risk, he wasn’t sure he wanted an arranged marriage with no say in the other person, but Aonghas knew if he was to fix his family, to bring his brother home he would need to be set up with someone. Especially if he didn’t bother finding a pureblood lass in New Zealand. He would have a guaranteed life if he followed his parents instructions. He didn’t think his parents would necessarily arrange a marriage but by the time he got close there would be a pureblood girl that they would suggest to him. He wasn’t sure he’d want whom his parents picked but he might not have the choice. Aonghas was pleased that katia seemed to understand where he was coming from, that she seemed to understand his family’s dynamic. Aonghas nodded a little as she spoke before shaking his head, ”Nah, not yet, but ah know the minute ah turn seventeen they’ll have someone fae me. Ah’ll probably just say yes tae it cause ah have tae but ah’d really rather know the lass ah have tae marry a little,” Aonghas said with a little shrug, he knew he wouldn’t have much choice but it would be nice to know them. He looked at Katia and laughed a little, ”Maybe we should get married, that way we both get what we want,” he joked with her.

Katia couldn’t help but feel more relieved since someone had the same mindset as her. It took a while, but Katia opened up more to Aonghas than anyone else. Then again, she did not really associate herself with many others. She even tried out for the Quidditch team and again, she was stuck as an alternate. A second year got the position she wanted. Katia was a little bitter over that. She’d have to try again next year. She nodded along as he explained what his parents did. “I see. Not knowing them would be a burden, especially if the personalities clash.” Katia shook her head, not liking that idea. The redhead giggled at his joke, before she played along, “Yeah, that sounds good. Come see me after we graduate and we’ll get a priest to officiate it.” Katia did like the idea of having a pact like that, and Aonghas was definitely like her, and a pureblood. But, she brushed it off. “Oh, I tried out for seeker, cause the other one graduated, and I was looked over for a second year!”

Aonghas nodded, ”Plus you don’t know if they’re horrible, what if they turned out to just be horrible, and you have to have a kid with them. I’m not against marrying for blood reasons but I’d like to know them as a person first. Not even necessarily love them,” He didn’t think arranged marriages were the way to go about it, but with no other choice he just hoped that he could get to know the person a little and have some choice over if it was them or not. Aonghas smiled a little when she agreed to it, the thought of having a back up in Katia even though it was so far in the future. He held up his pinky and smiled, ”Pinky promise?” he had a smirk on his face, clearly finding it amusing but thinking this would be the way to solidify it without actually having any real agreement or a ring of some kind. A pinky promise. ”But I’m sure you’re the better player, they should’ve gone for you. Are you on the team as an alternate?” the boy asked, ”I’m an alternate for the hufflepuff team but I don’t mind being an alternate, it’s not like I’d be able to do anything with the quidditch, so I get some nice status with none of the actual work that comes with it,” He didn’t need to try in classes, though he did, he knew where his future was, and it was all very set. It would only be a matter of it coming together when he left this place, so he could do what he wanted until then, he didn’t need to bother in all of the places that he did.

Katia could not help but agree. She would not do anything that involves making babies to someone who was horrible and nasty. She would not subject herself to that. She replied, “I definitely agree with that. Have to be on similar terms at the very least. I would never subject myself to being with someone I did not like, or simply, just hated. I’d have them killed or misplaced somewhere.” Katia brushed off the comment like it was nothing, though Katia knew her family could be rather hostile when given the chance. Her mother was like that too. She was vicious and didn’t want just anyone to be involved in her kids lives. Katia was the oldest now though. She had Corvus to look after, as well as the two new additions. Aonghas asked for a pinky promise, and held it up. That smirk though. Katia gave a curt nod, smirking a little while wrapping her pinky around his. “Pinky promise it is.” It wasn’t a set contract, but this was pretty cool. No official contract. Just a pinky promise. As he explained the perks of being the alternate, she could not help but find the appeal of it. Though she wanted to play. “I suppose you are right about it. I would like to be able to play sometimes. And yes, I am an alternate. It just sucks is all. Maybe next time.” Status was always a boost, so she got the status she wanted, but didn’t have to work hard. She would skip a practice or two though. Out of spite.

Aonghas liked that at the very least she agreed with him a little, understood a little. He was a little taken aback about her comment for killing or misplacing them, but he knew that her family was just a bit harsher than his. But, that didn’t matter, it didn’t matter the type of harshness, though he could be pleased that his brother was only cast out and not killed or something. His family could be hostile but they just got rid of the problem and told them to never return. He was pleased that she didn’t mind the pinky promise and did it too. It felt childish and pointless to be an agreement to marry some time down the line, but he felt it was right, they were kids now and would still be kids when they left school, adults officially but barely. He looked at her as she listened to the perks of being an alternate. He didn’t mind it in the slightest, but perhaps unlike her he had no real future that wasn’t already predetermined. He nodded, ”Ah’m sure ye’ll get on the team soon, isnae at least the captain graduating at the end of the year, take his spot?” he told her, perhaps she could be more forceful, bully her way on to the team, use her connections. It wasn’t his team and his position wasn’t in jeoparady so he didn’t mind giving that sort of advice to her.

Katia clasped her hands together, now wondering what her future would be like. She had this unofficial-official agreement. Her family would always be there to support her if needed. If she did not know what to do with her life. At least she had Quidditch if she wanted. But working in the ministry, that could help too. That would bring in money. Though, she could do both? It would be hard, but she could manage, especially if she did not have kids. Who knows. “I think so. I could try for his spot. I am pretty flexible with everything but being a beater. I don’t have the upper arm strength for that,” Katia explained, though she honestly forgot what position Cade was in. She moved her hair behind her, and glanced over at Aonghas. “Want to go fly around and practice Quidditch? Might be the only time we could play against each other,” Katia laughed softly as she said this. After all, her body was feeling a little stiff so she needed to get up and do something anyway.

Aonghas smiled and nodded, he thought she would manage just fine with any position that she ended up doing. Aonghas just shrugged, ”Maybe with a little training you would have that upper body strength,” he told her, thinking that she was likely capable of anything if she put her mind to it. The boy felt rather reassured in his possible future wife. He nodded, ”let’s go fly,” he agreed getting to his feet properly and then walking with her towards the pitch. He knew they would practice well together so he was looking forward to practicing with her a little bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back