Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Chante ♥
Wand
Straight 9 Inch Flexible Applewood wand with a Phoenix tail feather core
Keeping her heritage a secret for her friends became harder and harder. People started to ask questions why she was wearing a beanie when the weather was scorching hot. She couldn't keep it hidden for any longer so she decided to tell Mitchell. Mitchell deserved to know it and Len couldn't keep it a secret for any longer. She had even stayed with his family last year and it just wasn't fair for him.

Len had send Mitchell and owl and was ready for him. She had asked him to come to the rosebush for something important. It was important at least to her so it meant a lot for her if Mitchell accepted her. Alongside with Chante, Mitchell was Len's best friend. Len had chosen a moment when everyone would be away and she could reveal herself in peace. She was already wearing her hair up without a beanie or headband so her ears couldn't be missed. Not that her height wasn't already a neon sign telling people she was a goblin. She did tell everyone she suffered from dwarfism.

Len had asked him to come because she wanted to tell him something important so naturally, he dropped whatever he was working on in the library and made his way down the stairs to the grounds. On his way to meet his friend, Mitchell wondered what could be so important to her that she wanted to talk to him about it at the rosebush since it wasn't a place they often visited whenever the two of them would spend their spare time together. Mitch smiled when spotted Len and hurriedly walked over to his best friend. ''Len! How are you?'' the Ravenclaw asked as he approached the girl and smiled brightly at her. It wasn't until he came closer to her that he noticed that she wasn't wearing a beanie for the first time. He spotted the pointy and grinned widely. ''Oh no, did the note say that I was supposed to come dressed too?'' Mitch asked, trying to remember if the note mentioned bringing along his Halloween costume for this year's party. ''I'm sorry, I forgot... I was just really excited to meet up with you again.'' the teen said in his defence. ''You're looking fantastic, though!''

When Len spotted Mitchell coming to her she felt sick. What would he say and do, after he found out that she had lied to him for two years. Len shrugged and Mitchell was closer to her now. He must have seen the pointy ears and the fact that she had barely grown. ''I am fine'' She knew why she was sick so that didn't need to be explained. The next thing Mitchell said shocked her. He asked her if he needed to come dressed too, Len didn't understand it at first but then it clicked. He was a halfblood so must have seen the goblins and the bank. Then again she looked nothing like those, she was just small with weird ears.

He really thought the ears were fake and this her Halloween costume. Well that would be funny if it was true. Her ears didn't come off, although she had tried in the past. He did add that she looked fantastic which made her blush. It was way more than she deserved. ''Mitch, this isn't an costume'' Len said in a serious tone ''These don't come off, although I wish they did'' Len pointed at her ears. Hopefully that was big enough of a hint to make him realize something. He was the smartest person she knew anyway.

If this was really Lenore's Halloween costume than Mitchell had some work to do to make his one just as convincing as hers. He hadn't given it a thought yet but he would come up with something eventually. He beamed at his best friend, really happy to see her again until she told him that she wasn't wearing a costume at all and that the pointy ears she was wearing did not come off. ''What do you mean they don't come off?'' Mitchell asked, though the moment he said it, realised that maybe his theory about why she had not grown an inch since the day he had met her at the Leaky Cauldron might be true. ''Oh, poop,'' the Ravenclaw murmured. ''That was really insensitive of me, wasn't it? I'm sorry, Len.'' the boy said apologetically. Mitchell couldn't help to feel bad about his costume comment now that he realised that it wasn't a costume at all but her actual ears but also couldn't help wanting to touch the ears.

Len was shocked how could one be so clueless. He was the smartest person she knew, maybe he just didn't want to see it. He probably didn't want a goblin as a friend. A split second later she saw the cogs and screws in his brain working on full force, he was piecing it together. He just hadn't made the connection, it wasn't like you saw a lot of part goblins. There were pretty rare since most wizards and witches avoided goblins like the plague. Her dad didn't even look like the goblins at Gringotts and he was more goblin than she was. ''You didn't know so it isn't insensitive'' She hugged him tightly, she needed his warmth.

He didn't seem scared or on the verge of running away, he was sorry he was insensitive to her which was actually kind of cute. ''I guess you figured out what my blood contains'' Len said it like a disease. She still hated not being normal and fitting it with the rest. She would always be different. ''I am sorry I lied to you about my ears and stuff'' Len muttered she was honest. She didn't know what to make of it, she did lie.

He didn't fully agree with Lenore about not being insensitive but decided not to say anything about it when she hugged him tightly. He smiled as she put her arms around him and hugged her back with equal force, really happy to see her again. ''Technically you didn't lie to me about your ears and stuff.'' Mitchell had never asked his best friend about any of it as he figured there would be logical reasons behind wearing a beanie all the time, and as for her height, thought that she to go through a growth spurt still. ''I mean, I never asked you about your ears or height did I?'' the Ravenclaw continued with a smile. ''Therefore, you didn't lie to me.'' He was glad, however, that Lenore had told him about herself.

Mitchell hugged back with as much force as she did, which was kind of cute. He didn't squeeze her to death so that was a nice plus. ''Ehh, I didn't?'' Len muttered very confused. What he said after that was true. He had never asked, but he must have had questions about it. He was just too much of a gentleman to say something about it. It was nice that he took it so great. Now she felt bad that she didn't say anything sooner. ''So do you have any questions?" Len asked Mitch, he must have some and it was easier to answer them now.

Mitchell smiled at Lenore when she asked if he had any questions about her being a part-goblin. He had a couple of questions but decided to stick to one for now. Now that he knew about her it made sense to him why she had come to spent time with him over the break two years ago rather than him coming over to her place. ''Has it been difficult for you?'' the Ravenclaw asked, ''The past two years, I mean.'' He didn't know what kind of education she did before going to Hogwarts but this was a different kind of school. ''Also feel free to hit me for every time I made fun of you for not being able to reach the shelves in the library,'' Mitch added with a grin.

When Len said she had any questions she knew she was going to be fired with a thousand of them. Mitchell seemed to think about it, but his question was actually pretty thoughtful. ''Yes, I don't want to be different, I want to be normal like you.'' Len said honestly. ''Being part goblin isn't fun, it literally has no perks and you look like a freak.'' If someone offered becoming normal to Len she would say yes, without even thinking about it. She wouldn't even want to hear what the other person wanted to have in return. She just wanted to grow like normal people and have rounded ears, not these stupid elf-like ones. When Mitch spoke about him pestering her in the library Len smiled. ''Nah, I have you for that remember, my personal book grabber'' Len giggled loudly, she was glad she had said it to Mitch, he was actually quiet chill about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back