Coming Back..

Carlisle Moonlight

OOC First Name
Michael
Wand
Elder 16 1/2" Essence Of Crystallized Dragon Fire
Carlisle walked out slowly onto the pitch, Custom carved Firebolt in hand. He lay it out on the grass before him. A warm breeze passed through the pitch, gentle blowing his hair. The sun was out and the skies were blue. It was also the birthday of someone very special. Carlisle's mother.. Who happened to have died in a flying accident. Carlisle himself had been there. Both her and her loved to fly, one of their favorite things to do in the world in fact. That was until the accident. And that was when Carlisle had told himself he would never fly again. The reason why Carlisle had a broom then.. Was.. well.. As a sort of tradition. His farther would buy the next new broom that came out in honor of her.. However pointless that may seem. And so it sat before him.. How should would have loved to have flown it. But she could never fly again.

A hand reaching out.. "Up.." The murmur escaped his lips and the Firebolt flew to attention, Jumping up to his hand. As his hand ran along the handle he remembered just how brilliant the feeling was. A smile touching his lips. Then as he gripped it, A flash of the accident, His had retracted. Why was he doing this? Well... Because he believed now was the time to heal from the past.. So that he may fully live his future.

Once more his and came down on the broom, once more he gripped it. Slowly he mounted it before... He was gone, barely a streak in as he flew through the air. Once around the pitch, Twice. A laugh escaped his lips. How could he have forgotten the feeling? To be so free up here. Finally he remembered. In and out the hoops he weaved, all throughout the stands. He tilted up and shot high into the air before coming back down in a barrel roll, spiraling to the earth and near unthinkable speeds. He pulled up at the last moment, the tail of his broom just touching the fine grass below. He remembered something his mother used to do. He laid back, looking up to the skies on his broom. his hand flying past the grass below. Then he rolled and just caught onto the broom before crashing into the ground, He was never really very good at that. And so this continued with back flips and spins and dives, in and out the goal posts, Anything you could imagine. If only his mother could see him.

Andy had been down on the pitch since early that morning, first running some laps and then simply to fly for a bit. She had flown right up to the Gryffindor stands where she got off her broom and lay down on one of the benches. Sometimes this was the only decent place nowadays to go for a bit of peace and quiet. She figured she had been about asleep for well over an hour when she began to stretch out on the bench, rousing herself slowly from her slumber. She heard the sounds of someone obviously having a great time for himself on the pitch and picking up her scarlet streak she walked towards the front of the stand and looked out over the pitch.

She couldn't believe her eyes, it was Carlisle. Andy had never seen him fly not mind to even talk about it and yet, there he was doing fairly alright too. She smiled as she watched him then placing her own broom out beside her, straddled it. It had been a cool enough morning she Andy had thrown on her old jeans, her Gryffindor sweater and a pair of tennis shoes. Kicking off she slowly glided her broom down towards the hoops on the North end of the pitch and pulled up to wait for him to come back to this end of the pitch.

Once more he came flying around the pitch before noticing Andy over at the hoops. He should have known she would turn up. He couldn't help the smile that came across his face and he streaked towards her, making a smooth stop along side her. He took on very casual look and body language before saying, "And what brings you up to the skies today?" He chuckled slightly wondering what she thought about him flying. Not to mention flying alrightly well if he did say so himself. He wouldn't brag.. but it was in no way like he couldn't fly. Though he did now wish he had kept training. He slowly and sailed around her for a moment before coming to a stop. "I can't believe it.. you even look good up here on a broom" He said this with good humor, hoping she wouldn't take it as anything too serious. Though she did look bloody brilliant. Or did he just always think that?

Andy hovered on her broom, the wind whipping her hair all around but she seriously didn't care about that. Here in the sky, high up in the air she always felt more at home than what she did on the ground. She smiled as he flew towards her.
"I'm up here every morning rain or shine guaranteed" she watched him circle her and couldn't help but laugh as he told her she looked good on a broom.

Andy swerved off to the right before he would make her dizzy with his rotations around her but kept smiling as she veered through the center hoop and pulled up at the back of it.
"Flying isn't about how good a person looks you know but back at ya. You look pretty good up here yourself" actually he looked great but she wasn't going to blurt that out any time soon.
"So how come you never mentioned you could fly?"

"I should have known" Carlisle said with a roll of his eyes before Andy swerved off through one of the hoops. He himself way getting a tad dizzy by his rotations and flew through a few hoops before coming to rest near her once more. "oh do you think so?" Carlisle said with a laugh and the flick of the hair thing.

"Because.. I never really intended on flying again.." He shrugged slightly with a sigh before pulling his smile back to his face, "But today's a special day.. And I don't think I would be forgiven if I didn't" He Chuckled and soared up abit higher into the air and rolled the broom so he was hanging upside down before hooking his legs around the broom properly and letting go with his hands sot that he hung there, swinging slightly. "Do you think I should have gone for try outs?" He said, now about face to face with Andy.. Albeit being upside down.

Andy could only laugh at him as he hovered there upside infront of her.
"You are completely daft you know that don't you?" but she had seen the momentary flicker of something else on his face, try as he might he couldn't hide much from her. She smiled not wanting to interfere, if he was going to tell her then he would in his own time. She knew that much about him as well. Andy felt in uncanny how much she still remembered as if they were joined at the hip only yesterday and not months ago.

"I think ... we could always use a mascot if you're willing to try out for that!" she laughed as she pulled her broom hard left and giving him a wink, dove downwards until about 50 yards from the ground she pulled up and leaning low on her broom raced on to the other end of the pitch. Slowing as she neared the other hoops and circling around to see whether or not he was still upside down.

"Daft no? Mad? Definitely" He swayed there for a moment. He was happy he had chosen to come out here. He was glad that Andy was out here with him. Even as a friend. Andy said they would love a mascot if he was up for it and he laughed as she took a dive before shooting off down the pitch. He swung himself up onto his broom properly before looking up to the skies and murmuring, "For you.."

He shot through and around the stands before taking a barrel roll dive down to Andy once more. He came beside her again and said, "Me.. in a costume? Nah" before slowly sailing in and out the hoops. "Do you know who's birthday is it today?" He said as he laid back, trying to get the broom steady as he sailed.

Andy smiled as he approached her once more, her heart doing strange flips of its own. She pulled herself up short, this was not going to happen she warned herself. The semester ahead was for pure study, she had no time for anything else. She certainly didn't want to get herself tangled up in a relationship again, as beautiful as it had been with Carlisle she needed time for herself now. So she stopped listening to what ever it was her heart was trying to tell her and turned on her broom as he asked her about whose birthday it was.

She tried to remember his birth date but was almost certain that it wasn't around now. Quizzically she shrugged her shoulders.
"No clue, whose birthday is it? It's not yours!" she definitely would have remembered that, she was almost certain of it.

"No.. its not mine" He said with a laugh. "It's mums.." His voice was gentle and warm, lilting and flowing off of his tongue. "She loved to fly you see.. So here I am" He was trying to remember if he had told her that she was dead. He might of.. I suppose he would see by her reaction. He didn't really want today to be a mourning day. That was long past. Today was to enjoy. And he hoped Andy would let him do so.

And just because he was Carlisle.., "Hey.. what do you think of the Firebolt?" He asked with a chuckle, motioning to his broom. He was still allowed to gloat.. when it was in good humor. He himself was absolutely beaming with it. The Feeling of the wood.. the speed, the maneuverability.. simply brilliant.

Andy remembered his telling her while they were in France about his mothers passing. She sighed heavily.
"Carlisle I'm sorry" she knew he hadn't mentioned her birthday or anything to her but today was obviously a big deal for him and flying on his mother's birthday even more so. This she could understand, often taking to the skies for hours on her fathers anniversary or birthday herself.

"Nice.. very nice broom" she couldn't help but smile but flew her own scarlet streak closer until she pulled right up along side his.
"What do you think of mine?" her uncle had bought if for her as a birthday gift, Andy pointed to the inscription that he had etched on to it himself "Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly!"
"Uncle Patrick also got a wolves head engraved on the cuff" she indicated back where the brush of the broom began and realised her backside was pretty much where she was indicating for him to look.
"Well I'll show you properly when we land" she looked up and down a little embarressed at first before a smile spread across her features, "Would you like to do a lap of honour for your mom? If you don't mind me tagging along with you?"

"It's ok.. I'm just sorry I haven't come out here sooner" He had only just realized. He shouldn't have stopped flying because his mother had died in a flying accident. She would have wanted him to continue. He had neglected the fact that he was at least a fair flier for too long. But now he was here... and he was sure she was proud of him.

Andy pulled up closer, asking what he thought of her broom. She like him, hand an inscription on her broom. Though he had yet to mention his which was just hidden on the other side of the broom. 'A broom I fly, for my Angel's are around you' His mother said this to him often. And it only seemed appropriate to put it on, what would be, her broom. Andy said her uncle had carved a wolves head unto the cuff. And it was only when he went to take a glance he realized exactly where was looking. She blushed and he quickly glanced away. Forget it. Forget it. Forget it He pushed it out of his mind before Andy started speaking.

Andy asked if he would like to do a lap in honer of his mother and if she could tag long, "Only if you can keep up" He laugh before shooting off around the pitch,his body near level with the broom. The wind blowing his hair freely.

"Well it's good to know that I have someone to share the skies with" she grinned at him turning her broom around and leaning low across it. Of course as soon as he began to race ahead she was up like a light and speeding after him.

She couldn't help but laugh as the wind whipped her hair about, she kept her feet firmly in their holders as she bent down further and gained momentum. It didn't take Andy long on her Scarlet Streak to catch up with the firebolt and when she did she didn't make any jibes or smart comments. She simply sailed along through the air alongside him. If he wanted to pull ahead again, then that was up to him she was quite happy flying side by side.

He kept the speed until Andy came up along side him before slacking off slightly and moving so that he could look up to the sky as he had before. but this time making sure he didn't fall off. The smile That was upon his face was just as content as it could ever be with him.

He slowly drew his wand, though making sure not to shift his weight before letting his wand hand drop lazily below him, getting gently pushed by the air current. His wand then trailed sparkles gently as he smiled "I'm glad your here Andy.." He wasn't sure if his voice had quite carried to her or not... But even so.. He at least had to tell himself.

Andy watched him turn about on his broom and smiled, she shifted so that she was sitting 'side saddle' on her broom. Going now at a more gentle pace and enjoying it, flying wasn't always about the speed just the natural joy of being in the air.

"Me too" she told him and she was, it felt like an age since they had really enjoyed each others company without their feelings or hormones getting in the way. She looked at him then and simply had to ask.
"So, how are you getting on here? Is it very different from Beauxbatons? Have you settled in ok?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back