Closed Comforting Guidance

Samantha Jacobs

55' grad 🎓 | biggest heart ❤️ olivander's asst.

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
ren
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence Of Sphinx Remains
Samantha had made her way to the library from the common room, as she wanted to study in a quiet place. Even though she didn't really like quiet, she felt like she needed to help her concentrate on her homework and studies. Once she entered the library, she had immediately noticed how quiet the room was, only with some whispering here and there. Samantha walked further into the room, her arms wrapped around her textbooks, notes and other necessities, while looking for a table to sit at. Most seats were taken by students and it was slightly difficult to find a place for her to study, until she noticed a free seat by a younger girl who Samantha had seen a couple times in the Common Room. Samantha made her way to the girl and tapped her on the shoulder. "Excuse me, is it okay if I sit here? Or is someone sitting here?" Samantha whispers as she asks the young girl, with a small smile, making sure that the place was free for her to sit in.

Mary Lou was still trying to wrap her head around Transfiguration and Charms. She had yet properly succeeded to actually cast any of the spells she was supposed to know by this age. Still, she supposed it could be worse, she could be much older than now and still be having the same problem, she hoped that wasn't the case, since it would mean the Professors still maintained that she was a witch, and she didn't believe that at all. She looked up, startled, by a tap on the shoulder and she squeaked before covering her mouth. "Oh, heaven's to betsy, you scared the cow out of me." She said, hand over her heart slightly in the aftermath. She pressed her hand to the crevice of her textbook and gestured to the seat beside her. "Oh, yes please do go ahead, I am alone," she assured the older girl so she would know that she could sit there. This was a library after all and people would need to study. Mostly she saw a lot of older students in here and she had to assume it had something to do with these exams she kept hear so much about. "I am so sorry for the mess in front of you, I've not had time to clean it all." She said, pushing one of her Transfiguration textbooks to the side. She needed that to write the essay. It was so complicated.​

Samantha had a slightly guilty look on her face. "I'm so sorry that I scared you" Samantha said sheepishly, as she had never intended to scare the poor girl. She said a small 'thank you' before taking a seat. "Its no worries" Samantha said with a small shrug and smile, she had understood the mess, being stressed with work and all. She put down the necessities she was carrying onto the table that had space, grabbed her textbook for one of her classes and started on her homework.

I'm sorry that it isn't much! It will get better in the next few posts.

"Oh, no that is fine, I should have been paying more attention," Mary Lou said, smiling politely at the girl. She still wasn't really used to all of this. Even the library was different to the library back in Daphne and she had all of these things to get used to that she simply didn't understand, but she hoped she would understand, at least before she had to leave the school a it would be such a shame otherwise. She flipped to one of the next pages in her Charms textbook only to realised she must have skipped ahead a little bit, because she didn't understand what it was talking about and she didn't think they had covered this section in class. Though she wasn't sure she would notice much anyway, since simple spells were not her forte in any case. "Move whatever you need to, for space," she added, nodding at the older girl. She looked like she had homework too, so Mary Lou decided to leave her to it as she tried to write out a couple of notes from Transfiguration, making sure she really understood it. She wasn't sure she quite understood what apparition or time travel were, or if they were actually real, but apparently they were, because they were in her notes from last lesson. But they had strict rules governing them along with muggles (she really didn't like that word) invisibility and animagi, which still scared her because she didn't understand what an animagus actually was and so she circled a couple of the terms in her textbook, then realised she'd just circled terms in a textbook she didn't own. "Oh heavens!" Now she had to try and get the ink off of the page, she had forgotten to use a pencil and had been using her pen instead!​

Samantha smiled and nodded at the young girl when she told her that she could move whatever needed to be move, but she didn't mind the small space that was provided for her and continued to do her homework. She didn't mind her classes so far, though she did had a few troubling bits here and there. As she got slightly deeper into her work, she heard the girl was a little panicked? Samantha was a little clueless. "Are you alright?" Samantha said with a little concerned towards the girl. It looked like the girl might have needed slight help, but she didn't want to pry if it wasn't necessary.

Mary Lou looked up to where the girl was speaking to her. She didn't really know what to say but to tell the girl she'd accidentally made a pen mark in the text book even though it wasn't hers. Perhaps the girl would know how to get the pen mark out and she wouldn't have to go to the Librarian? "I've made a mistake," she said, flipping the book over so the other girl could see what she meant and pointing to it. "I made a pen mark by accident and I don't want to get into trouble, these books are all older than me and they're in such good shape," she complained, slumping into her chair without really knowing what to do about it. "Don't suppose you've any idea how to fix it, do you?"

Samantha sent a apologetic smile towards the young girl. She personally hadn't been in that situation before, but people did make mistakes all the time. "I'm sorry I don't know how to fix that." Samantha said sadly. She felt bad that she couldn't help in anyway, though she tried to think of a few things in her head, but nothing had come to mind at that moment. "But I'm sure that there might be someone around who might be able to help" Samantha says as she looks around the library, seeing anyone who might be able to help. She turns back to the girl. "I think the librarian won't be mad, and will understand."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back