Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
Over the past month, Lyra had slowly let people back into her life. She had finally let her family know that she was okay. That the babies were okay. That she was happy. She had started with her brother, followed by Cyndi, Cameron, and Jemma, ending with her grandfather. She hadn't bothered to tell Carter or any of her friends. She didn't tell her grandmother or her new husband. In fact, she was still decidedly in the muggle world. She worked at a yoga studio beside her favorite coffee shop, the one that she had invited Ezra to six months ago. He was still coming around on a fairly regular basis, and Lyra was grateful to him for keeping her secret while still visiting her the twins.

In the last six months, Lyra had been extremely careful. She never mentioned her feelings for Ezra or tried to get him alone. She didn't tell him she missed him. She didn't want to make him uncomfortable. The truth of the matter was that Lyra Potter wasn't dating or even interested in dating. Lyra had the twins, and they consumed her life. Besides, Lyra thought that Ezra had moved on, but she didn't ask. She didn't think she could handle the truth. Yet, last week, when he was visiting the twins for their birthday, Ezra had asked Lyra to spend some time with him alone, to see if there was anything between them. The brunette had agreed easily. She made arrangements for her grandfather to care for the children overnight so that she could go out with Ezra Cade. For the first time in ages, she took her wand out of her sock drawer and stuck it in her purse before walking back downstairs. "Okay. I'm ready. Where are we going?" Lyra asked curiously.

Ezra Cade was nervous. It was a rare feeling for the man to feel, but Lyra Potter had always made him feel things that he didn't with anyone else. He was relieved when she had reached out to him to tell him that she was safe, that the twins were safe. As far as Ezra was concerned the twins were his children and he had been treating them as such since Lyra allowed him to be in their lives. He had been spending time with them as often as he could, as much as he loved his children dearly he did have another motive for his frequent visits, he wanted to see Lyra. As far as he was concerned their relationship hadn't officially ended, yes she had vanished without a trace for nearly a year but she was back in his life, they had children together and their was no one else he wanted to be with. Ezra couldn't even imagine himself with anyone else, in any capacity. At that time in his life he would be with Lyra or he would be alone.

During his most recent visit, after months of caution, Ezra had suggested the two of them spend some time alone together. Ezra didn't know how Lyra felt, they had spent a lot of time apart, it had been her choice to leave in the first place and she had been living in her new community for a long time. If she had met someone she hadn't told him but it wasn't outside the realm of possibility. She was Lyra Potter, she drew attention wherever she went and anyone would be lucky to be with her. Ezra just hoped that luck was with him that day. Ezra apparated to what was becoming his regular spot, the alley outside Lyra's favourite coffee shop and he walked on foot to where she was staying. Ezra was glad Lyra had agreed to spend alone time with him, he hoped it meant there was still a possible future for the two of them. Ezra knew she was happy living out in the muggle world and while he hadn't told her, he would be willing to leave the magical world behind to be with her, but he couldn't say as much until he knew how Lyra felt. He wouldn't make himself look like a fool if Lyra had moved on.

Once Ezra arrived at Lyra's house he waited for her downstairs while she finished getting ready. The kids were spending the day with their grandfather which meant Ezra didn't have to rush getting Lyra back, which suited him perfectly. He didn't have anything extravagant planned but there was nothing worse than having to have a date with an expiration time. Ezra smiled when he saw Lyra appear and make her way downstairs, she was as beautiful as she always was and it was a sight he missed seeing on a daily basis. "It's a surprise," He said fending off her curiosity. Ezra led Lyra outside the house and past the front garden, he looked around the make sure no one could see them before he held out his arm for her to take. "Do you trust me?" He asked.

The smile on Ezra's face when he saw her coming down the stairs made her stomach flip with nervous, excited anticipation. It wasn't a feeling she had felt in over a year, not since she blindly fled New Zealand. The brunette had taken her time getting ready tonight instead of her usual attire of clothes meant for exercising. Lyra had even fixed her hair instead of the messy bun it was usually twisted up into on her head. Thanks to her new job and healthier lifestyle, she was even more fit than when she played quidditch.

Now that she had healed from that hurt, Lyra realized that her biggest mistake was not that she left; it was leaving without Ezra Cade. Ezra was the only person who had ever always put her first, chosen her over everything else. He was charming, handsome, funny, but above everything, Ezra Cade always made her feel completely safe and protected. He was her stability, but she had been too hung up on Felix to see it at the time. Seeing Ezra with the children had sent all of those old feelings rushing back to her in a flood. He was such a good father, too, that it was impossible for her to imagine that he had once held disdain for children.

Lyra Potter grinned at Ezra as he led her out the front door and to the side of the house, asking if she trusted him. She looked at him with wide green eyes. "Always. Just don't splinch me." she said joked, as she took his arm, guessing at his intentions. It was the first real physical contact she had with a man since she left the wizarding world. There had been no one else in all of the time since she ran away. Lyra knew that there would never be anyone else for her for her. Her quota for love had been met. She had Felix, and then she had Ezra. Both of whom she had managed to do nothing but hurt. Unlike Felix who had shattered her heart in return, Ezra had never done anything but love her and trust her. It had taken her this long to figure it out, but Ezra Cade was the one she loved and wanted to be with. He was the person she never wanted to lose again in her life. She could only hope he felt the same way.

Ezra laughed when Lyra joked about not splinching her. "Never," He smiled gently cupping her cheek before he apparated them both away to their destination. Ezra had thought long and hard about where he could take her for what was really their first date ever. He knew Lyra had shut herself off from the magical world and wouldn't want to do anything that involved returning and she knew she had an adventurous streak, she was a Gryffindor after all. Ezra was by no means a muggle expert, he had been raised to despise them by his grandfather and while he had come a long way from his teenage prejudice he was still far from the pinnacle of tolerance. Once they arrived at a quiet location Ezra was ready to reveal to Lyra where he had brought them. "Ready?" He asked, struggling to contain his excitement. Ezra gently pulled her by the arm out from the covering to reveal a muggle fair in full swing. He'd never tell but he gotten the idea from James, apparently it was something he enjoyed and as much as it pained him to make the connection he knew Lyra and James were similar in what they considered fun. "Now this may surprise you, but I've never been to a fair before,"

Lyra sighed breathlessly as Ezra cupped her face in his hand tenderly. She had missed the touch of his hands, a gentleness that seemed to be reserved for her and only her. The brunette held tighter onto his arm, leaning into him, as she felt the familiar tug from behind her navel that came before apparition. It was quiet, wherever they were. Her green eyes met his expectantly as he asked if she was ready. "I was born ready." she told him, playfully. Lyra didn't let go of Ezra. Instead, she opted to move her hand down to hold his as they left the area. She looked around curiously as they headed towards the sounds of music and people. Lyra's eyes widened in surprise as she realized where he had brought her. The former Gryffindor laughed at his words. "How did you know?" she asked him, both shocked and thrilled that he had brought her here. "I adore the fair! My mother used to take us whenever one was near." she said, knowing that Ezra was well aware of her mother's muggle roots. "This is perfect." she said, kissing him quickly on the cheek. "Come on, let's go ride the Ferris wheel." Lyra said, excitedly.

Ezra smiled as Lyra reached for his hand as they moved out into the open in full view of the fair. Ezra had expected a positive reaction from Lyra but he wasn't prepared for how much she would love it. "I know you," He said wondering if she would accept that as his answer before he gave in and elaborated. "James may have mentioned it once," James had done a surprise 180 on his relationship with Lyra after being very firmly against it, though by the time he had come on board Lyra had bolted. "I know that too, I thought this would be a nice way to remember her and it would be a good chance for me to get the lay of the land so we can bring the twins when they're old enough," Ezra smiled at the thought, they were probably a long way off such things but the four of them being a family was the only thing he wanted, he'd do anything to make it real. "Sure, remind me which ones the ferris wheel?"

Lyra gave Ezra's hand a squeeze as he said he knew her. It was true. He had accepted her and her flaws long before she had accepted herself. Though, hearing that James had mentioned it didn't surprise her. They had similar tastes which is why they had gotten along so well. "I'll have to tell him thank you if I see him around." she said, even though it was unlikely since she stayed in the muggle world pretty much exclusively. "Maybe when they turn three. I bet they would have fun then." she said with a smile up at Ezra. There was once a time that hearing Ezra talk about future plans would have spooked her and sent her running in the opposite direction, but now, Lyra enjoyed thinking about a future with him. She wanted to make plans with Ezra. Lyra wanted to be with him always. "It's that big circular thing over there." Lyra said, pointing at the tall structure near the bumper cars. It was only a few moments before they were sitting down on the metal bench. Lyra looked over at him with a side smile. "How do you like heights, Ez?" she said, playfully.

Ezra knew Lyra was fond of James so he knew her comment had meaning behind it and wasn't just a passing one. "He'd be thrilled to see you you know, he helped me look for you. He's clearly a terrible investigator but he does care," Ezra laughed. The idea of bringing the kids to a place like this in the future, together made Ezra smile in a way he only did around Lyra. "I'd like that." Maybe a future together was still possible after all. Ezra looked up at the thing Lyra identified as the ferris wheel and was surprised when Lyra asked him how he felt about heights. "Lyra Potter, did you forget I was the greatest beat to ever grace a Hogwarts Quidditch pitch?" He teased.

Lyra Potter looked up at Ezra, surprised. At one point, James had fought with her over her relationship with Ezra and insisted that Ezra only meant to harm her. It was a long way to searching for her. Of course, James did have his own history with Lyra, and she counted him as a close friend, or she had before all of this. "Does James know you found me?" she asked, trying to be casual about it. There were certain people she didn't want to know where she was even though it was painfully obvious he never looked. Lyra laughed at Ezra's comment, but she still rolled her eyes. "Honestly, I forget you went to school with me most of the time. I was too wrapped up in my own life to pay much attention to your excellent skills on...and off the Pitch." she said with a suggestive smirk. The attendant had fastened the safety bar on their seat and stepped away. "Last chance to call her back or you're stuck alone with me for the next half hour or so." Lyra teased lightly.

Ezra shook his head gently, he hadn't told James about Lyra despite him being someone he had enlisted to help his search. He had promised Lyra he wouldn't give out her whereabouts and he had stood by that even as she seemed to be letting more people into the loop. "No, it's not my place to tell him anything but I know he'd be happy to hear from you, I'm not sure you know but he and Maddie have three kids now, though he's doing all the work as she's already back on another research trip," Ezra thought the situation James found himself in was a strange one, he was juggling a dangerous job while raising three kids while his wife was globetrotting, admittedly doing somewhat dangerous work herself, but James was left to pick up a lot of the slack. "I was only there two years, though apparently I didn't leave the mark I thought I did," He teased. "You got to enjoy my legendary skills in due course," Ezra knew that had he and Lyra met properly during his time at school things would have been a lot different, for both of them, they had been in such different places. Ezra had to be open to something more than his sixteen year old self had wanted, even if it had only been a crack, it was a crack Lyra had bust wide open. Ezra laughed as she teased him about being alone with her for half an hour. "There's no place I'd rather be," He smiled at her and leaned forward to plant a kiss on her lips.

Lyra was relieved in a way that James didn't know where she was though she wasn't surprised with Ezra's loyalty to her. He had always been one of her closest friends despite the fact that they had dated. James and Maddie had eventually come around to the idea of Ezra and Lyra as a couple prior to her disappearance. "I didn't realize that." she admitted. "I do miss James..and Maddie. I'll think about it. Maybe I'll write so he can at least stop looking for me." Lyra said with a smile on her lips. "You could have been a glowing star falling from the sky, and I wouldn't have noticed. I think that says more about me than you." the brunette teased him. They both knew she had been too consumed with Felix to have noticed Ezra. She wasn't too consumed to notice him now though. Not when it really mattered. Lyra Potter could see Ezra Cade so clearly now. He was the calm rock in the middle of the storm that was her life. Ezra could balance her and bring her peace in a way that no one ever had. Lyra only had a moment to smile at Ezra's sweet response before she felt the pressure of his lips against hers. Her lips parted to deepen the kiss as she leaned into him. It was the first time he had kissed her in over a year, and she had missed it more than she had even realized. She pulled away slightly, feeling breathless. "Wow." Lyra said before leaning back in for another kiss.

Ezra laughed, it was strange to think that they had been so closely connected during their school years but still they had been miles away from each other. Back then Lyra had just been the girl who had been too hot for his brother. "Excuse me, I was a glowing star, but your attention was elsewhere, besides I was...different back then," He shrugged. Truth be told he had been that guy when he met Lyra, it was being with her and falling in love with her that had changed him. Ezra was a little surprised Lyra was so willing to deepen their kiss, he had expected a quick kiss, just something to let her know his intentions but she took it further and he was not complaining. "I've missed that," He said before Lyra leaned back in for another kiss, Ezra pulled her in close to him, he had missed having her so close to him and deepening their kiss as he cupped her cheek. "You said this thing takes half an hour?" Ezra laughed after breaking the kiss, the thought of having to control himself for so long was practically torture.

Lyra Potter felt a flip in her stomach as Ezra said he had missed this. She knew there had always been a certain physical attraction between them, but it was more than that. He was someone she trusted, and one of the few people she knew she could depend on for anything. Lyra wouldn't be so careless with him if he took another chance on her. The brunette laughed at Ezra's question about how long it would take to get around the wheel as he pulled her closer to him. "Mmhmm. A half hour at best." Lyra said with a smirk on her lips before leaning back into the kiss. It was good to see that the chemistry was still there, but she knew they needed to talk to each other about real things. Not just rip each other's clothes off. "Maybe we should use the time to talk about some things?" she suggested, practically, though she didn't move to put any space between them. The old Lyra would have done anything to skip talking about feelings or the future. There were children involved now, and Lyra Potter didn't want to screw this up again.

Ezra was glad to see the devilish smirk on Lyra's lips because it meant her mind was in the same place as hers. He was glad they seemed to be on the same wavelength, though physical attraction had never been their problem. Lyra's suggestion that they used the time on the Ferris wheel to talk was a good one, they had things they needed to discuss before they threw themselves back into anything. Ezra didn't want to screw up what they had or what they could had. He loved Lyra and he wanted things to work, for the sake of the children but also because he wanted to be with her. "You're right we should talk," Ezra said getting his breathing under control. Their proximity remained the same, which he didn't mind at all. "I want to do this right," Ezra added.

Lyra Potter nodded her head as Ezra said he wanted to do this right. She threaded her fingers through his as his arm was wrapped around her shoulders. She felt safe and protected like always when she in his arms. Lyra bit her lip as she gathered the courage to say what she knew she needed to say. After a few moments, the brunette took a deep breath. "I think I should probably go first and hope I don't scare you away." she said with an attempt at humor. "Ez, I think you know I love you, and I've tried so hard these past few months to keep my distance because having you in my life as a friend and co-parent is better than not having you in my life at all, but you should know what I really want is to be with you and share my life with you. I know I messed it up last time, but I promise you that I am done running. I haven't been the girlfriend you deserved in the past. I told you once that I never wanted to get married. That I didn't want a commitment. I changed my mind. I do want those things, and I want them with you." Lyra said, glancing up at Ezra. "But, I do understand if that's not what you want. I've liked living in the muggle world for the last year and getting to disappear without all of the pressure of fame. I don't think I want to come back to the wizarding world. I know that's a lot to ask of you, but I have to lay all the cards on the table if I want this to work." she said, looking back up at Ezra as her stomach turned nervously. It was the most honest she had ever been with him.

Ezra laughed at the idea that Lyra could scare him away, he was in far too deep for something she said to scare him off. Ezra knew how Lyra felt about him but she rarely said it so to actually hear the words come from her was nice and refreshing. It was true since they had come back into each others lives they had fallen into a good routine as co-parents and friends, Ezra wouldn't want to jeopardise what they had built if he wasn't absolutely sure she was the one for him. Hearing Lyra talk about how she had changed her mind on everything she'd ever said about commitment breathed hope back into the idea that he and Lyra could be family, something he'd considered a distant prospect. "Lyra I don't care where we are as long as we're together," He smiled taking her hands in his. "A lot of guys would run for the hills if a woman told him she wanted commitment," Ezra laughed. "Lyra I've loved you since we met and spent a whole weekend together, we could ease out way back into this if you want but I think we're past that, we have two kids together for Merlin's sake," Ezra knew he had to choose his next words carefully, he was really gonna test her new resolve with commitment. "I'm done playing it safe so its my turn to put my cards on the table, marry me Lyra, I don't want to spend another day not fully committed to you, I'm all in,"

Lyra held her breath as she waited for Ezra to respond. They had passed the top of the ferris wheel now and were on the descent back down. The young mother smiled as he took her hands in his and offered reassurance. It wasn't typical as he pointed out, but nothing in their relationship had ever been typical. Yet, Ezra Cade's next words still surprised her. They had been so careful not to test their relationship over the past few months, but it seemed they were both ready to dive head first back into their relationship a permanent way. Lyra Potter couldn't help but grin back at the father of her children. "Okay. Let's get married." she said. "You said you don't want to spend another day without me, so don't. I'm all in with you, Ezra Cade." the brunette promised him. "I love you."

Ezra had realised he was holding his breathe as he waited for Lyra's response, when she agreed to marry him he could finally breathe and he couldn't remember a time he had been happier. "I won't," He said smiling, his hands cupping her cheeks. "I'm not going home tonight," Ezra said, though their interaction just as they got on the ferris wheel suggested he wouldn't have been anyway. "Or ever for that matter, I'm never leaving you again," He kissed her. "I love you Lyra Potter, I've never loved anyone or anything as much as I love you and I will spend the rest of my life making sure you feel safe and loved...and satisfied," He teased. "Can we get off this bloody thing already," Ezra laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back