Come and Join Heta Omega!

Kailie Styx

OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Wand
Straight 12" Rigid Black Walnut Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
The newly, kinda engaged, Kailie Styx walked into the Great Hall where she had asked for the house elves to come forth and display treats that would likely make her sick more than anything else. She was made President of Heta Omega, a sorority just for girls. Ai Edogawa was made Vice President, so she had a Hufflepuff at her side. That was new but Kailie was not one to judge by houses. She was not like that. Kailie shrugged her shoulders and she decided that things would have to be like they were the last previous years. Kailie might have been the daughter of Professor Styx but that did not mean that she had to be cruel and isolated like him, even though that was the way she preferred it.

Sitting down at the table, she waited for the people that were already here to assist her and let her know how things were going. Kailie was slightly nervous, but she was going to get this done just like she would have with Quidditch. She took a glass of tea and she sipped it. She hoped that she would do well this year. Just a few more years until her life would be over and she would end up given away like some sort of trophy. She dreaded that day, but told no one of her unfortunate situation. There would be too many questions and she had absolutely no answers except that her dad was a jerk.
OOCOut of Character:
So, if you wanna join, please post and PM me your interest! I'm getting rid of the application since I hope that this would increase activity.
Oh, and girls only.

Heta Omega. Clara had definitely heard about this group. It was a sorority! What better way to get through her teenage years than with a bunch of friends! Clara had only dreamed of having a group of friends, who no doubt had your back no matter what. It sounded fantastic! Just like the muggle stories, The Baby Sitters Club or the Pony Pals. Or even famous Harry Potter, with Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley always by his side. Clara of course, had to know about Mr. Potter. Her parents weren't that happy about their daughter reading muggle books, but as long as she kept up with current affairs, they didn't bother her too much about it.
Clara had seen Ai Edogawa in the Common Room. She was too shy to approach her at that stage, but knew she was the Vice President of Heta Omega. The young blonde supposed she should have introduced herself and made a good impression, but didn't want to bother her. But Clara was glad that a Hufflepuff was the Vice, she didn't know too much about the president, but would definitely feel threatened and unworthy if it were just a Slytherin.
The young blonde didn't know what she had to do, or if there was some kind of initiation to be accepted into the sorority. But this was something that she wanted, so Clara walked bravely, though with butterflies dancing in her stomach, down to the Great Hall. Her blue eyes light up with delight as she saw the treats, but for once in her life, resisted the temptation to eat it all. Taking a deep breath, Clara walked up to the beautiful blonde Slytherin and held out a shaking hand. "Hi. I'm ah- Clara. I'm ah, here for Heta Omega?" She smiled brightly.

Izale was hungry, but it wasn't meal time yet. She wished she had stocked up on treats from that trolley on the train, then she wouldn't have to wait. Checking the pocket of her robe again, she reassured herself that she still had her pencils, and her sketchbook was clutched tightly in her little hand. She was on her way outside to sit by the lake and draw a few more frames when she caught a waft of something delicious coming from the Great Hall.

"Plans altered!" She thought triumphantly.

Walking in, she saw some older students and a few girls her own age around a table with food. No-one seemed to be watching the food too closely. She could get in and help herself without anyone noticing, surely.

Acting like she belonged, she strode up to the table and helped herself to a cauldron cake with one hand and a pumpkin pasty with the other, which she slipped into another pocket in her robe. Without making eye contact with anyone, she bit into the cauldron cake and grinned smugly.

Mackenzie had already joined a team dedicated to the joys of muggle sports but it was crucial that she did something else. Something that would let her meet different people from different houses that was a little more grounded in the magical world. Then she heard about Heta Omega. The girls only sorority at Hogwarts, she was curious. Mackenzie was excited that the beginning of term was so close, and she knew that having an active social life would make her Hogwarts experience all the more exciting. She made her way into the Great hall where the sorority was meeting up and she looked out for older students who may be in charge.

She looked over at the table and saw a beautiful blonde in green trimmed Slytherin robes. It was a face she had seen around the castle and just looking at her she commanded respect, she looked like she was in charge so Mackenzie made her way over to her. "Err, hi," Mackenzie said nervously, "I'm Mackenzie, I'd like to join," Mackenzie did her best to hide her nerves.

When a new-comer walked up and addressed one of the older girls, Izale looked at the people around her for the first time. Join? Join what? If there was something worth joining, Izale wanted in on it.

Then she saw the lady from the wand shop.

"You sold me my wand!" she blurted out. Good thing she'd swallowed the last of her cauldron cake. She reached for another and tried to be a little more casual, "I'm joining, too." She still didn't know what it was these people were here for, but she might as well be a part of it.

Kailie was not entirely surprised when some younger students strolled up to her and seemed like they wanted to join. Girls only too. The prefect fought the urge to set the girl coming over for free food on fire, as she attended another girl that was stuttering and holding out a hand. Kailie looked down at it before she instead handed the girl a quill. "Hey Clara, I'm Kailie, prefect and president. Just sign your name on the form here." She would have stated that she was prefect with pride but half of her thought that the only reason her dad made her prefect was because he wanted in her good favors again. Another girl approached, her name being Mackenzie. This time, she said the same thing to Mackenzie as she gestured toward the paper to sign. Then there was the first year that Kailie sold a wand to, and then recognized her to be the one for free food. Kailie wondered if the girl even knew what it was, and decided to ask her, "Do you know what this little sign up is for?" The other girls seemed to know what they were signing up for, but this other first year looked as clueless as ever.

Lucy was hanging around in the Great Hall. She was enjoying being in Gryffindor. Her family that had come here, were all in Gryffindor so she would have been disappointed had she not also been in Gryffindor, but it didn't seem to matter, she was, after all, in Gryffindor. Lucy saw a banner for Heta-Omega and she stopped. She had heard about Heta-Omega from Tamalia, Nadia and from Sammy even. Though none of them had been in the Sorority, they had heard about it. She smiled as she walked over. She had never been a part of a Sorority before and she thought it might have been fun. She walked up to where the other students were, just in time to hear the girl she assumed to be the President tell a Hufflepuff girl to sign something. "I'm Lucy Kaster. Do I just sign this form to join Heta-Omega? Is there something else I have to do?" She asked, looking down at the form in front of her and picking up the quill to sign her name as well.

Izale stopped mid-chew when the lady (apparently a senior student here, so Izale guessed she should call her a girl, not a lady) asked her if she knew what the sign-up was for. Fortunately, another girl arrived just then and asked if this was where she should sign up for Heta Omega. Glancing up at the banner, Izale saw that the words Heta Omega were there, too.

"Heta Omega," she shrugged after swallowing her mouthful of cauldron cake. She still didn't know what that was, but she wasn't about to let on. Izale noticed that the senior girl called Kailie was wearing the same colours as herself. "She must be in Slytherin, too," she thought, "she could be nicer to a fellow house mate." She wasn't one to dwell on such thoughts, though. She scanned the table and picked up a glass of pumpkin juice. Perfect.

Ai was running through the corridors for she knew that she was already late. The once meanie of the Hufflepuff house was now a fifteen-year-old and already had responsibilities to attend to. One was being the vice president of the Heta Omega. The Hufflepuff knew that being given such a responsibility was not to be taken lightly, and besides, she needed quite a number of activities just so she could put of her mind off of a few things. Finally, Ai arrived at the Great Hall where she knew that the sign-ups for the Heta Omega were to commence. Huffing to catch her breath, Ai approached the group that was already beginning to gather near the sorority banner. "Sorry I'm late," the Hufflepuff apologized to the Slytherin named Kailie who was currently the president of the Heta Omega. She quickly took a look at the situation present and when she saw Gryffindor first year approaching Kailie who was quite busy with other new members. "Hey Lucy. I'm Ai, the vice president. And yes, you just need to sign and you'll be part of the Heta Omega," the Hufflepuff said with a gentle smile before gesturing for the girl to sign her name.

Crystal walked from the kitchens, when she saw a banner of a group called: Heta Omega. It was a girlgroup, that was for all the houses from hogwarts. Lately Crystal was feeling sad and not just for a reason. She lost her mother at young age, and was taken from her dad. She lived by her grandfather. She was always with him, and has got a good connection with him. But she never has friends, her grandfather would hold Crystal at home. With all this things in her life, she was just a young child. Now she was eleven and was sorted into Hufflepuf, it was a dream for her. Hufflepuf was good for her and their were nice people, but Crystal was just broken. When she came by the great hall, she saw a few students sitting. There was a older slytherin student and an older hufflepuf student. She liked that there was a sort of hufflepuf leader. She doesn't hate the other houses, but she liked people from her own house. Hey, i am Crystal. I want to join Heta Omega, is there something that i must do? Crystal smiled sweet at the two older students.

The first year could read, so that was an excellent sign. But did she know what it was? Kailie had to know, "Why not tell me what Heta Omega is before I let you sign up." Kailie could even say that she was having a little fun. Putting people on the spot was just her forte, and she turned her attention to Ai who had arrived at last. She shrugged, "Don't worry about it. I am still hating the fact that we don't have a social chair, and I don't expect the secretary to be here." The prefect reached for her own cup of tea before taking a sip of it. She looked to another student that was asking what all she needed to do to sign up, and Kailie gestured toward signing before saying, "This is it."

Kailie was definitely picking on her now. Izale had done it enough times to her younger siblings, but she had never really had to deal with anyone giving it back to her. She didn't like it. Life was so unfair.

"What is your problem with me?" she demanded, "Why can't you be nice like you are to everyone else?" Izale still wasn't ready to admit that she didn't know what Heta Omega was. She'd heard the phrase "Alpha and Omega" before, and she thought that meant 'first and last,' so omega probably meant 'last,' but she had no clue as to what Heta might mean.

Another senior student arrived and introduced herself as Ai, telling the girl called Lucy that all she needed to do to join was sign her name. Izale didn't need snotty Kailie's permission to join. She looked at Lucy, who was holding the quill and about to sign her name...

"Hey Luce," she said, all smiles and sweetness. "You have amazing eyes! I wish mine were that bright." Before she'd even finished speaking, she grabbed the quill from the Gryffindor's hand and scribbled her own name quickly on the sign up sheet.

Lucy was watching the exchange between the older and younger Slytherin's with some amusement. It was alittle funny. Lucky for Lucy, she had family that could tell her about Heta Omega, so she didn't look like a fool. Did the younger girl not know what a Sorority was? How... silly. Lucy shrugged and looked over at the latest girl to arrive, this one was alittle older and introduced herself as Ai, the Vice President. Lucy smiled and realising that she was holding up the line, she was about to sign her name when the Slytherin from before spoke to her. What was her name? Had she said it? Lucy didn't know but she was about to speak when suddenly the quill was snatched from her hand. She frowned at the girl signing her name. Izale Brai. Lucy chose to ignore this little, indiscretion, for the sake of keeping her record clean her first day here. She took back the quill and nudged the girl, rather forcefully out of the way. She signed her name beneath the girls and started out of the hall. Before she left however, she turned back to the Slytherin girl, whom she had discovered she really didn't like. "It's Lucy. Not Luce." She left the hall without another word.

Izale was about to smile smugly at Kailie when the quill was snatched right back and she found herself being pushed out of the way. Her face became a picture of surprise. Before she could retaliate, though, Lucy had walked away. "Good thing, too," she thought, "If she was still here there'd be a fight!" On the Gryffindor's parting comment, Izale rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, Luce," she replied, but Lucy was gone. Izale then looked at Kailie to gauge her reaction, a smirk on her face. "Looks like I'm part of Heta Omega, now. What are you gonna do about it?" She knew she was asking for trouble, but she'd been pushed, and she felt like kicking up a fuss.

The young Hufflepuff felt a quill being placed into her hand, and she smiled at the blonde Slytherin. Clara still felt nervous, but this seemed easy enough. She wrote her name, and put the quill neatly next to the form. Turning around, the young girl noticed a couple of more girls had turned up to sign up. Clara beamed at the girls, wanting to make a good first impression. It was great that more girls were signing up! However, the atmosphere felt tense as a probable argument was about to break out.
Clara grinned at Ai as her Prefect joined the group, and she moved away from the table so the other girls could get to it. She was unsure what to do at that stage, was she just supposed to go now, or was there something else?
Clara felt the tension ease as the young Slytherin complimented the Gryffindor. But just as quickly as it happened, Clara felt herself tense up as the Slytherin pushed past the Gryffindor named Lucy. Clara hoped with all her might that there would be no fight, and she couldn't understand why girls who were just going to fight with each other would sign up for a Sorority? Clara looked at Kailie and Ai, wondering what they would do with the younger Slytherin who seemed to be looking for a fight.

Rhiannon entered the great hall. To her it had been a normal day. However as she took the first steps into the room she saw something was amiss, instead of people scattered around the long house tables there was a group of girls drawn to a new small table like a magnet where as the boys weren't effected like stones or glass.
Being a fire herself she felt the pull and went over to the table to see what it was all about, she had some ideas but wasn't sure. When was right when she saw thar it was covered in a purple cloth with the words heta omega on it. She had heard of the club the previous year and although she hadn't joined up because she didn't want too much to interfere with her study and she had already signed up for club academia she decided that this year she would give it a shot. Extra curricular activities always looked good and some friends would be nice too. hello. I'm rhi-a Please may I sign up too? she said to the older hufflepuff who looked like she knew what was going on and the slytherin who also looked like she knew what was happening. she had started lengthening her nickname when she had heard about the annoying school magazine who she shared the rhi win and n way wanted to be associated with it
When there was space at the table she saw the sign up sheet. She picked up the pen and wrote her name and house rhiannon McGowan hufflepuff second year like the people before her had. Before picking up one of me cakes that seemed to be ready to be eaten and hanging around for a couple of minutes just in case she had to do something else.

Kailie raised an eyebrow and she said, her tone utterly cold to the younger Slytherin, "Maybe I am nicer to them because they actually know, or appear to know, what to sign up for instead of hunting for free food. Free loading is not what I call acceptable." However the girl actually signed the list and said that she was apart of the club now. Was she an idiot? Just because she signed it, doesn't mean that she was in. Plus the room had a password that Kailie would end up giving out to members that she eventually approved. "You do realize to be apart of Heta Omega, an all girl sorority, there is a password." Kailie held up the sheet ad she continued, "Signing up doesn't make you magically into the club, nor do you magically have the password. You do have spunk though which I kind of admire for some reason, but if you try to pick a fight, I will take house points. If you don't mind, I have a club to run with my comrade, Ai. I don't need any drama from a first year." Kailie's expression had not changed a bit. She didn't look angry, nor happy. It was empty. Utterly empty. She turned her attention to the second year and Kailie returned to her work, allowing the girl to sign up.

Raine had been thinking on which activities of the school she should join. While she had already joined the Muggle Sports Club so she would not miss home so much as well as have her own fill of enjoyment at her favorite hobby, she still felt that she wanted more activities. And yet, she was also who didn't like to have their schedule full and tight, and so, for now, while she was new at this whole magical school concept. And whilst looking around, she found the perfect group she could join in. The Magical Sorority of Heta Omega. It seemed perfect! And also, today was the sign-ups and it's an all-girls sorority. Just perfect for someone who's still shy towards boys. The young girl quickly went up to her room, got dressed, and zoomed her way to the Great Hall where sign-ups where to be held.

The young girl entered and saw that sign-ups have already begun and it seemed that she still made it since there were still a number of girls waiting for the chance to sign-up. She approached the group and had seen quite a scene for a first year from the looks of it was having an argument with whom was said to be the president of the sorority. The girl scanned for familiar faces and found one, being her housemates and prefect whom was also assisting the girls in signing up. "Umm.. Excuse me, I'm Charmaine and I want to join the Heta Omega," she said as politely as she could to whom seemed to be the two leaders of the club. After all, she didn't want to start trouble nor get into an argument with anyone present.

It was as though all the air had been let out of her balloon. She'd been angling for a fight, but Izale felt disappointed at Kailie's response. She was so unemotional... kind of like a robot. Izale watched her carefully for a moment or two. Usually when she was told off she felt angry and tried to make excuses, but Kailie's attitude just made her feel empty.

In any case, Izale didn't care about House Points. Nor did she car about what was "acceptable." But... she did find herself caring what the older girl thought. She'd said she had "spunk." Izale wasn't quite sure what that meant, but it seemed to be a good thing. She looked at the older girl with fresh eyes. She'd been blunt, but she'd also explained exactly what Heta Omega was. That was useful at least. And Izale liked the idea of being in an all girl soro- sora- sorority... Izale tried the new word out in her mind. She supposed she'd have to look that up, too. But the all-girl thing sounded good. And passwords. The fact that Kailie was now ignoring Izale made the first year feel a bit sad, but she helped herself to another cauldron cake and walked out of the Great Hall, ignoring the other girls who were milling around, waiting to sign up.

Persephone entered the Great Hall hoping to grab a quick bite to eat and to do a bit of studying. However, that all changed when she saw a group of girls gathered around a table. She read the banner, Heta Omega. A sorority, a magical one at that. This seemed like the perfect opportunity to make friends and become involved in a great organization. She walked up to the table hoping she wasn't too late to sign up because she really was quite interested. There were two older girls and a few first years that she recognized from classes and her own house. "Hello, I'm Persephone," she introduced herself, "Is it too late to sign up?" Tentatively, Persephone picked up the quill and jotted her name down on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back