Colours Of The Wind

Maya Fergusson

Wand
Curved 10 1/2 Inch Rigid Sycamore Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Maya Corby was indeed very lost. She wasn't used to the vastness of this castle or its grounds and even before being able to get to the common room, she had somehow managed to get herself outside. She didn't remember going through any substantial doors! How did she even get outside. It was a mystery beyond her comprehension for sure. Maya looked around. She appeared to be on a cliff, or something of that nature anyway. She wasn't used to cliffs that had water, in fact she wasn't much used to large bodies of water at all. Should this place not have had a sign or a warning, perhaps a fence? Back home, Maya mused, red tape or lines, even fences were used to keep the students out of bad places. This didn't appear to be a bad place so much as a dangerous one. They used lines for that too at her muggle school. Maya sighed and tugged on her scarf. It wasn't dark yet, but she was sure it would be at some point, it was a rather dark day. It wasn't really that cold, though it was cool so she imagined that New Zealand had cooler weather then what she was used to in Alice Springs. Compared to the weather there, everything was cold, well, sort of. By this point, Maya decided that it would be in her best interest to just stay where she was. Her mother always used to tell her that if she ever got lost, just to stay where she was and someone would find her. Maya knew it made sense, after all, how could you find someone if they kept moving? But Maya didn't like these cliffs and she would really would rather be somewhere else entirely.

Some time later, it was darker now, but Maya was unsure of how much time had passer considering her watch didn't seem to work here, she thought she heard footsteps. Immediately she jumped up from where she had been perched on one of the rocks close to the cliff, but not quite on it, and turned to see who had approached. Naturally she didn't know the boy, but he was definitely older than her by several years and appeared to be wearing a badge. Badges were good! Maya grinned and ran up to him in her panic for help. "Oh! Goodness! Spirits be praised! Am I glad to see you!" Maya called running up and tugging slightly on the boys clothes. "You have a badge! You can help me right? I got lost here somehow. I don't know a thing about magic, my poor dad still finds it hard to cope, I need to get back to the castle, do you know the way?" Maya suddenly squeaked and stepped away from the boy when she realised that she had not even introduced herself to the boy. Gosh, what kind of person was she that she couldn't be polite? She took another step back and grinned at the boy again. "Sorry! Where's my manners? I'm Maya. Nice to meet'cha!" She said, holding her hand out for the boy to shake.

Head Boy.

Benjamin Chase was the f*cking Head Boy of Hogwarts and still, he couldn't grasp the responsibility dumped on his shoulders. They didn't dump it, per se, but to Benjamin they just seemed to chuck it out to him. His newly bought robes which framed his height and build had the Head Boy badge pinned loosely on it. It gleamed in the light, telling everybody to stay out of his way. Honestly, he had no idea what year he had ahead of him. Of course the NEWTs were present to torture him and give him sleepless nights, but with the added tasks as the Head Boy of the school... That was something completely unanticipated. He would have wanted Kialla to be a prefect this year, so that they could patrol together. Instead, he knew he'd have to do it with a lousy person again. Patrolling was a nightmare of his, aside from the annual prefects meeting that the Head Boy and Girl had to hold. A stupid waste of his time plus another moment to discuss their torturous patrols in which case he unquestioningly dreaded.

It was almost fully nighttime and Benjamin wanted to purposely skip dinner. Sure, his best friend was there to be with him but for now, he desired to be by himself. The constant hunger in his stomach was nowhere to be felt. It vanished entirely and all he wanted currently was to feel the breeze on his face. He hiked up the cliffs, and even as Head Boy, he did not care if they were forbidden to be in or not. There were tons of excuses to be made if someone found him there and accuse him but who would ever be at the cliffs at this time of the day? The Hogwarts dinners were quite the feast and nobody would want to miss that one, especially now when the school year just started? He sighed loudly and looked at the ground underneath his feet. It looked peaceful, only until a shrill voice butted in his thoughts like a spear piercing his shield from the back. He flinched in surprise and squinted to see the approaching shadow.

There was a tug on his clothes and Benjamin stepped back as he saw a little blondie near him. He blinked at her in irritation, biting the inside of his cheek to keep his calm. In a few threats, he would send her back to the castle easily. That is, if he made certain his calm and rational state of mind would be intact by the end of all of this. Benjamin let her squeak out those little words of hers in such a fast manner, not even registering what she was really saying except for the fact that she was lost. "A first year," Benjamin muttered to himself, sure that she did not catch a word of it. He did not pay any mind to the first years, because their exaggeration about everything was maddening. When she introduced herself as Maya, Benjamin only raised a brow, uninterested in her bubbly chat. The young man reminded himself how kids like this had too much energy and his sister at some point also acted like this one. Thank the gods she was more mature now. "Sorry Maya, not likely. I've got something to do." Benjamin only looked at her from his towering self, regarding her silently. When she mentioned that her clue about magic was nadda, his gut told him sourly about the blood in her veins. Most possibly, her family were of a lower status - mudbloods, specifically. He reached for his wand from the inside pocket of his robe and held it out, but didn't point it at her. She didn't deserve that type of torture... now. "Now kindly move, sweetheart." Benjamin said sweetly, but his eyes flared something different.

Maya was so glad she had found someone to help her. She had honestly thought she might be stuck out here forever. That would never be fun, it would be the worst thing ever. Maya honestly didn't know what she would do if she was stuck out by the cliffs forever. However, she was rather surprised by this boy's reaction. Every time she had been lost back home, it had always been a big thing about finding her. She supposed it could have something to do with her mother, but still. She wasn't rightly expecting the aloofness of this boy. Curious, Maya stepped back a little and tilted her head. She was more then a little confused, that was sure. She had heard him mutter something earlier, but she hadn't quite caught what it was. She did catch the next thing though. "Something to do? I'm sorry... didn't realise you were busy... um..." She wasn't sure what she was supposed to say now. What could this boy want to do out here anyway? She pulled her beanie down over her head to cover her ears. It was getting chilly out here and she had no idea how long she was going to be out here. Stepping back over to the boy with the badge, Maya made to tug on his clothes again but though better of it. What was she supposed to do now if this boy would not help her. This was not on her list of things that was supposed to happen today. Frowning Maya pouted slightly and looked out over the water. This was so weird. "But... what could you be doing out here. I thought we weren't supposed to be here. That's why I want to get back, but I'm lost, I don't know where to go."

Maya didn't know what to do, the boy had a badge, surely that meant something right. People back in her school had badges for a reason. Maya herself used to be on the Student Representative Council for her school. She had a badge for that. What was that supposed to mean. "But... you have a badge." Great, she was whining now. Maya had not whined in a very long time, but she was cold, tired and hungry not to mention she was worried about never being able to get back to the castle or into the dorms or anything. She shook her head. This was getting her nowhere, but regardless, she stepped out of the boys way and went back to pouting on her rock. Maybe she could use an aura of depression to spur the boy into action. Like all those lovely fairytales her mum used to read to her.

Benjamin sighed, resisting to roll his eyes and exclaim that he did not want any thing or better yet, anyone, to ruin his mood now. All his life, he was accustomed to get what he desired at any cause. Because of the influence of his family in North America, he knew that money could control practically anything. Except, for this little girl. Benjamin couldn't just give her a sack of galleons and tell her to shut up for the rest of her life, could he? She was not some kind of a negotiation. Benjamin felt the tug on his clothes and he sneered at her, his green eyes almost gleaming. "Don't touch me." He looked at her hardly, regarding her like he was one of those annoying little irritating younger cousins of his. His family was not too big after all, so he could clearly remember their faces and high pitched voices. Benjamin did not know which annoyed him further. When she opened that little mouth of hers to tell him something, Benjamin actually listened. His sneer softened into a scowl. Maya had a point, and a smart one at that. Now, he couldn't be outsmarted by a first year. He was older by many years and for f*ck's sake, he was the Head Boy! "So you noticed I had a badge," Benjamin commented dryly, a humorless smile creeping up on his lips. If he wasn't allowed to get some good time alone, then he would make the most out of it with the tiniest first year ever known.

"You see Maya, people with badges get special privileges." Benjamin twirled his wand with his long fingers. It wasn't the most graceful twirl, but it was enough to make capture the full attention of Maya. "Did you know that people with badges like these get to patrol? That includes patrolling even on forbidden grounds. Then, when they see a person lurking around especially in places where they aren't allowed on, people with badges like me bring them to their Head of House." Benjamin now looked smug, figuring that his little act would give her a scare. She was only a first year and, who wanted a dirty record with their Head of House? With all the words he uttered, Benjamin knew that only half of those were true. The rest were lies. Prefects weren't allowed to set a foot on the forbidden forest nor were they permitted to go wandering about in the cliffs. They were role models of the student body - expected to lead and serve justly. For some unknown reason, the Head Boy badge was entrusted to his hands and Benjamin felt like he wanted the power it was giving him and the status as well. It felt nice to be in control once in a whilst.

"You seem eager to give Professor Snow a visit tonight. It'll probably be detention in the kitchens. Scrubbing perhaps? How does that sound, blondie?" Benjamin snickered, advancing a little. He towered over her height and he had to look down to make sure that he could see the emotions flickering in her irises. Oh Merlin's pants, he wished he had Kialla to be with him now. Benjamin was excited to share this little encounter with his best pal later. She needed to know this happened.

Sorry this took so long!

To say that Maya was completely stunned by this guy's reaction was an understatement. Maya had never been more shocked in her life. Except that day she had made her mother's toaster blow up, nearly killing herself and her mother in the process, that had been quite shocking indeed. Removing herself from this situation would surely be easier, but how was she to do that, when she didn't even know where she was? Taking another step back from the boy, Maya crossed her arms in front of her and looked up at the older boy. Red coloured her cheeks as the temperature continued to drop. "I didn't mean to offend you..." Maya didn't know what to do. Obviously she had done something to upset him, but she had no idea what. This was not her day and it seemed that it was just definitely not going to go in the best way for her. "Im really sorry, but, have I done something wrong?" The smile that appeared on the boy's face soon as he spoke, made Maya's eyes widen and her take a further two steps back. She was gaining quite the distance from him as it seemed. Why was acting this way? She had never encountered this before. Was he going to hurt her? Could he hurt her? Was he allowed too? She knew nothing of this world. Nothing of its culture and customs. She didn't know if they celebrated the same holidays or not, maybe they all secretly spoke a different language and only spoke english because she was there. Would they know she was not like them just by looking at her? She didn't think so, but who knew what she looked like to them, or specifically this boy. "I don't quite think I get what you are saying..."

Maya's eyes widened even more when the boy continued to speak. Was he going to put her into the Head of House!? But she hadn't done anything! Why was he being so mean to her. Maya nervously looked around the cliffs, wondering what she could do. She knew there was at least one mean teacher here, but she did't know if there were any others, who was to say that this Professor Snow wasn't one of them? Maya looked back at the boy and put her hands together in want of trying to convince this boy not to tell. "Please! Please! Dn't turn me in please!" She begged, moving closer to him again and staring at him. "I didn't mean to get lost! I was just walking around! Please I'm sorry for causing trouble! It won't happen again! I swear!" She told him, unsure if he was actually going to believe her or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back