Cold Frost.

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam had his hat on which was something he rarely put on. Today it was freezing, it was the begining of December and the frost began to creep into the castle.

It was freezing in the castle and the grounds, though the grounds looked fabulous. Everything was white. He had never seen so much snow. The trees were bare and looked more skinny and the grass couldn't be seen. Sam decided that it was even a bit too cold for flying. Which mean't it was really cold, Sam flew in all conditions. He left the castle and breathed in the cold sharp fresh air.

The air filled his lungs and when he breathed out he could see his breath leave his mouth. He shoved his hands into his jeans pockets and walked briskly down to the lawn, going and doing nothing in praticular.

Scorpius walked down the steps of Ravenclaw tower in his navy blue hoodie, pulling his hood up over his head. He was going down to explore the grounds and see how cold it got here, though he was sure he could handle it because he was so used to the Ireland weather.

As he exited the castle he stuffed his hands in his jeans pocket and thought the cold wasn't that bad yet, but perhaps it would get worse as December went by. He groaned as the dreaded month of December was finally here. There were so many thing happening in December, his exams which he didn't feel prepared for, the Yule Ball, and Christmas. He sighed and saw his breath rise in the air and continued to walk towards the lawn. When he looked up he saw his best friend there and smiled in surprise. "Prince?" he questioned as if it wasn't him but grinned. "Hey mate what's going on?"

Sam turned around when he heard that familiar voice. "Knight!" Sam waved and walked up to meet him. "Nothing much. Bloody freezing." Sam didn't say it with hatred or distaste, he liked the cold. He just said it as a statement. "What brings you down here?" Sam asked him, pressuming he would be studying for the exams. He was right to be put into Hufflepuff he wasn't acamdemic at all.

Scorpius chuckled when Prince said he was freezing. "Ah weakling," he teased with a wicked grin. He picked up a bit of snow and pressed it in his palms together, making a snowball, and threw it in Sam's direction. When he asked him what he was doing Scorpius shrugged and said, "You know, being the anti-Ravenclaw and avoiding studying." He grinned at him but behind his smile he was hesitant. He felt wrong, like he didn't belong in such a House for going against what they were known for but shrugged it off. "It's December," he said simply as an explanation. So far, he found this month the most hectic of all, even more than the month before or during their first day of school.

"Shut up you!" Sam said while the snowball hit his arm. Sam bent down and made a snowball with both his hands and threw it at Knight. "I'm pretty laid-back about the whole exam situation." 'Laid-back' wasn't the word, not bothering would have been the correct term. Sam hadn't study much for them at all. But they were only in their first year so why should they have to work really hard.

Sam noticed that Knight was a bit bummed with himself for being out here. Yeah, Sam had to admit Scorpius wasn't your regular bookworm Ravenclaw though inside he was as smart as they come. Thats what Sam liked about Scorpius he wasn't an 'in-your-face-know-it-all' he was just a regular guy. Sam threw another snowball that hit his chest. "Speaking of December..." Sam said continuing to walk ahead. He turned around to face Scorpius so he was walking backwards. "Christmas. What are you getting Luna?" Sam had absoulotly no idea what to get her, he didn't know where to start to shop.

Scorpius laughed as he tried brushing off the snow that landed on his chest from the snowballs Prince threw at him. He picked another handful of snow up and balled it up once more. Once Prince asked what he was getting Luna for Christmas he groaned. He held the snowball as he passed it back and forth in his hands so they wouldn't get too cold as he thought of his answer. "I have no idea," he finally said miserably. "I was just thinking about that too." He was glad his best friend had a girlfriend too so that way he had someone to ask the same questions he had no answers to. "What're you getting Jenn?" he asked, hoping Prince knew and would give him some ideas.

Sam puffed air out of his mouth helplessly. "I have no idea. Girls are so bliming hard to buy for.." Sam said stubbornly kicking some snow. He didn't know what Jenn would even like. The only thing Sam knew about was quidditch supplies but he didn't think Jenn would be so thankful for a quidditch handbook or a cleaning set. "I am hopeless at shopping." Sam said seriously there wasn't a hint of joking, cause he wasn't joking. He was hopeless at shopping. He need Toni to help him with his school supplies, she had made it look so easy.

Scorpius threw the snowball that was still in his hands at Prince. His fingers were going numb so he needed to get rid of it fast. He groaned and said, "Trust me, I know how you feel." It had taken him forever to finally go out and buy his school supplies before school. At least Sam had Toni back then to help him and make it somewhat fun, as if shopping could actually be fun. "We'd probably need Toni's shopping advice," he commented in jest.

He noticed Sam's frustrated kick and frowned in thought. "Let's go to Brightstone together and look for Luna and Jenn's gifts," Scorpius said matter-of-factly. The thought of shopping annoyed them both but perhaps their search of gifts for their girlfriends wouldn't be completely hopeless if they had each other for help, though he know how much better their search would be with each other's hopeless company.

As Sam tried to dodge the snowball fired at him it hit him in the shoulder, he laughed while he wiped the snow off. Then Sam nodded, "Yeah but I don't think she'd be too happy helping to buy a gift for Jenn." Sam said gloomly.

But Knights suggestion didn't seem bad..not at all. "Thats a pretty good idea. Though I may not be much help." Sam added truthfully, it would be a little tiny bit better if Knight was there, so it might be a bit of a laugh and not so depressing. "When should we do this?" he asked him walking back to Knight falling into place with him.

"Yeah I figured," Scorpius said with a shrug when Prince said Toni wouldn't want to help them find Jenn a gift. He pulled on his hoodie once more to make sure it was still over his head and smiled at Prince. "I'd be no more help than you mate," he said with a grin. Even if he said he wouldn't be much help, Scorpius knew having Prince with him would make things less painful. "I guess we should get to it soon, don't want anything to run out, even though I'd rather avoid all the girls buying yule ball dresses," he added with a playful eye roll.

Sam nodded regretfully he knew he couldn't escape from buying her a gift he'd just have to bare it. "Oh no! I completely forgot. Its going to be bloody hetic." Sam sighed this day was getting worse and worse. "So how about this weekend?" Sam suggested, may aswell just get it over with.

Scorpius nodded affirmatively, "This weekend sounds good." He wasn't looking forward to it one bit but he knew it was inevitable. "What on earth are you supposed to get a girl?" he asked aloud, kicking the snow on the ground. The question was more rhetorical than literal, though he wouldn't mind it if Prince was actually able to answer it.

Sam shrugged, "I dunno..and you never know with them. Half of them are into clothes and you don't even know what to get them and the other half are into.." he didn't really know what the other half were into. "Y'know what I'm trying to say?" he said with a little laugh, it didn't sound so stupid in his head.

((Do you want to start it?))

Scorpius chuckled, party because it was funny and partly because he seemed to feel the same way Prince did. "I know what you're trying to say," he said with a playful eye roll.

[I started it here in Brightstone, but if you want to shop in Obsidian Harbor, we can just pretend that's where we are. :p ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back