Coffee Shop Blues

Tess Lillis

OOC First Name
glitterandspots
Wand
glitterandspots
Tess doggedly rubbed her eyes, one hand holding the buggy holding her youngest, Peter, steady. The woman, despite having just had her fourth child, had taken back Honeydukes from her oldest in her true control-freakish fashion. As a result, she was exhausted, and Riley quickly took back over to allow Tess a day off. And as per usual, Tess was none too happy about it. Having apparated to Wellington, where the wind threatened to knock Peter's buggy over, she listened to the jingle of a bell telling the shopkeeper that she was there as she pulled open the door of a small muggle coffee shop. She hardly registered the person filing in behind her, instead focussing on ordering a latte and picking out the right amount of muggle money so as not to raise suspicions. Upon ordering her hot drink, Tess made her way to the only table left and took a seat.

The blonde haired witch needed to get out of her three storey home, placed cozily in Dublin, Ireland. Caysi was getting so bored with herself that she only watched tv all day at home. She needed to get out and maybe have a coffee in her old place of residence. Caysi quickly had a shower and dressed herself according to the cold weather, if it was cold here, it would be a bit cold there. The young girl apparated to Wellington with a good coffee shop in mind. Caysi walked in, entering an extremely filled shop. Almost not being able to breathe, Caysi ordered a cappucino and looked around the room, there was no space. Her green eye saw a seat next to a woman with a baby. The blonde decided that she would approach her and ask if it was ok to sit across from her. " Do you mind if I join you?" She asked with a smile on her face.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry sorry sorry >_< been busier than I'd thought I'd be, AND this is an awful reply.
Peter snuffled a little in his slumber, as Tess attempted not to follow his lead. She needed to get out more, take a break from being overworked. David was pretty much no help here. Another blonde woman distracted her from her musings, asking to sit at the table. "Sure thing." she muttered, before reaching into her bag and picking out a cookbook. She hesitated, and looked up at the other woman. "Have I seen you somewhere? A shop or something?"

" Great, thank you." The blonde smiled as she sat down across from the lady. Caysi placed her drink carefully on the table and looked around the shop, it was cozy but too many people for her liking. " Hmm, you might've." She nodded. " I own Vibez at Makutu Mall." Caysi answered her.

Tess took a sip of her latte, it wasn't as sweet as she was used to, but the shopkeeper decided she liked it a little more than her usual coffee. She heard a shout from the other end of the shop, frowning as she hoped it wouldn't wake Peter up. "Oh, that's right." Tess nodded lightly in return, before adding; "I own Honeydukes." The woman gave a gentle smile, assuming that most people had heard of the shop. It did seem to be quite popular in the Wizarding World, though business was slow while the Hogwarts students were at school.

Caysi nodded, " I go in there a lot so you might remember me from there." The blonde witch looked across the room to the yelling, how chaotic to do that in public. " What's his name? How old is he?" Her green eyes looked at the baby, he was super cute.

The shopkeeper offered a wider smile, she did in fact remember the last time the woman had been in the shop. It had been the day she returned to take back the shop from Riley. "Three cauldron cakes and a packet of Bertie Botts', or am I mixing you up with someone else?" Tess giggled. The witch zoned a bit, thinking of the work she had left to do, rearranging the sweets into colour order and finding some new fudge recipes. Full of vague, chocolate-coated thoughts she heard the words 'name', 'old' and 'he'. "Oh, Peter," she nodded. "About three months yesterday."

Caysi nodded, that was exactly what she had ordered. If only she could have a memeory like that, instead her's was like a sive. The blonde looked over at the adorable baby, " That's adorable." She smiled at Peter, still wishing that she had any of her children. " I used to have children." Caysi spoke softly before taking a sip of her drink.

Tess gave a little triumphant gaze at the woman, her memory was pretty good when it came to details. She then watched her smile at Peter, knowing at that point that she meant what she said about her son being adorable. "Yes, I feel very lucky to have him." Tess immediately felt a bit sheepish at what she'd said when the other shopkeeper said that she'd used to have children. "Oh.. do you mind me asking why you don't still have them?" she asked, smile fading into a more sympathetic look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back