Coffee House

Esmaa Lee Hales

Dakota had been on vacation for three days now from Salem State. It was her and a group of her friend that had decided to visit New Zealand. She had thought of other places more suitable for the young spirited college student, it was her girlfriend that pushed her into going, so she went with the flow either way she didn’t care. She will eventually visit Europe one day but for now New Zealand seem suitable, despite the fact it was almost the same weather in Salem, she didn’t argue about it.

It was a lot sunnier over here, she noticed, yet she prefers hanging out at night either way. Her girlfriend had decided to go hang out someplace adventurous while Lee decided a local coffee house seemed more interesting. She was wearing something simple; clothing that fitted her mood today. Today felt like –I-so-need-to-read a poem today, it felt like one of those day, she felt inspired. Finding the local coffee house, she strides in with ease looking around, as she hears the flicking of finger tips. Someone was already up stage reciting a poem, so Lee took a seat near the bar asking for one latte, as she sat down to listen.

Sophia walked into the warm cafe with a smile on her face. She had been forced to come here by her parents and hated it but she loved the smell that hit her as she walked through the front door. "Smells like heaven." She said quieltly to herself. She walked round the cafe as she listened to the person reciting their poem. She really loved this place but didn't get the chance to come here much. Sophia accidently nudged someone sat at one of the tables. "Sorry. I didn't see you there." She smiled apologetically before noticing her clothes. "Your clothes look great. Simple but great."

Dakota felt the young girl walk past as she slightly nudged her little to make her figure moved side ways towards the left. Dakota accepted her apologies, as she smiled warmly at the girl, “It’s no problem I don’t mind it.” She grins placing her finger against her knee, while one leg crosses the other. “Thanks I mostly make them myself or go to this shop in Salem.” she would say, as her latte appeared just in time, to slide right next to her. “Are you from around here?” the college student asked as she motion for her to sit down, Lee always loved company and especially younger ones. They always seem to like her more than most people her age would, course you could say she had the mind of a young one.

Sophia smiled as she sat at the same table as the older woman. "No. I live in France. I've spent a lot of time in England so my accent is probably slightly English." She shrugged. "I've been taught different languages most of my life so I can speek in many tongues." Soph grinned at her. "I was kinda forced to come here by my parents. Thay bought a holiday home here a few years back." Then she realised how rude she was being. "I'm Sophia Bresilley." She held her hand out.

Esmaa chuckle pleasantly at the younger girl vent. "Yes I noticed your British accent, I thinks its lovely." she smiled as she shook her hand. "I know how parents could be trust me." she shrugges letting go of her hands."Mines don't approve of my lifestyle and love life." she smiles as if what she said didn't phase Lee at all. "I'm Esmaa Lee Hales, you can call me either Esmaa or Lee." she would say as she grasp the cup of her latte, eyes still looking at Sophia. "So I guess were both new to New Zealand." she noted taking sips of her Latte, still listening towards the speaker but at the same time Sophia as well.

"Thanks." Sophia smiled when Lee complimented her. "I haven't told my parents about my love life. They'd kill me if they found out half the stuff I did but I love them all the same." Soph's parents were the sort of people who didn't believe in sleeping with someone before marriage. Soph had the complete opposite opinion. "Yeah, I guess." She grinned. "I've only been here once before and I spent most of my time getting drunk so I don't actually remember it." Sophia laughed at the thought of it.

Lee wasn't the type to judge when Sophia had reveal to her about underage drinking but was interested of the girls love life. She was taught not to be rude, yet she went the opposite ways with everything. "Oh you have a lover. Are they around?" she looked about the coffee house, but noted the girl had came alone when she entered. Lee was missing her lover, wished she had came along, but Lee always let her do whatever she wants. Its the way their relationship works, along with being a open relationship. Lee was always told if her girlfriend wanted someone else for a while, usually it was a male instead of another female. Their male relationship didn't last that long, its why they had been together for so long. She felt comfortable in every way, they just weren't careless when it came down to protection.

"Not exactly." Sophia grinned. "I'm not really much of a relationship person. I prefer one night and then I'm done. My parents would completely disapprove so I make sure they're never home." Sophia knew some people thought that all the girls who were like that ended up being freaks which she wasn't. She was to people with no fashion sense but those with decent clothes usually ended up being pretty good friends of hers. "Do you have a partner??"

The girl had reminded her a little bit of herself when she was at that age, adolescent. She chuckle taking sips, as another artist went up stage, freely speaking from his soul. "See that's what I want a soul mate." his words were enchanting bringing her into a zone that she knew exist, it was temptation and love flowing intwine with one another. "Lover yes a soul mate no." she still hadn't reach that level to call her girlfriend her soul mate. Maybe one day it will happen till than, its just whatever happens, happen. "Do you want a latte?" she asked but before Sophia could answer she had order another whipped on the top. "Mmm these are so much better than Salem." she laughed heavenly.

"I've never found either." Sophia shrugged. "It's not really my thing. I could never commit myself to one person." She watched Lee order a latte for her. "Thanks." Soph listened to the speaker and smiled. "I like poetry but I can't always understand it. My tutor only did it with me once. After that, we focused on other things like novels." Sophia didn't exactly love the classes she had with her tutor but she was smart and got good grades with out having to try too hard.

The latte was done in matter of minutes, Esmaa thanked the tender with a soft flowing smile. "Its not as complicated as it seems." she passed the latte to Sophia. "You just have to listen more with your other sense of your body besides you ears." it sounded weird but true. "You will get it one day, trust me." the colorful bangals that hang loosely on both wrist, made clinking noise when they mixed them up together. "Have you ever dance before?" she asked the girl. Esmaa love dancing especially to hindi music, it was her odd most passion. "Its the same with dancing, besides your feet, you dance with your other senses as well."

Sophia didn't understand it but she expected if she thought about it for a while then she would begin to realise what Lee meant. "No, I've never done dancing. It doesn't really appeal to me. I prefer to spend my time shopping rather than dancing." She shrugged. "My parents have loads of money so they spend loads on me." Sophia knew she had more money than most people and she was happy about it. She showed it through the clothes that she wore and didn't usually bother saying it any other way.

Esmaa laughed harmonious, the girl had showed up at the strangest place, yet Lee didn't mind fashion at all. "Oh what's your favourite label?" she prefer hand made material, most of them usually were expensive. Unless she created them herself. Leslie was the expensive shopper, yet they were able to afford every bit what they bought. Both Leslie and Esmaa were nude models, they usually worked with art studio. Nothing to big, just art students trying to either sketch, paint, photograph, whatever its what they do. They both get enough profit off of that, plus they selled their own masterpiece of work. That's why Lee wanted to see Europe first, possibly move to France after college.

Sophia shrugged. "I don't really have a favourite. I usually buy whatever I think I can change and then take it home and edit it so it looks better." Soph had never been any good at sewing from scratch but when it came to editing clothes she was pretty good. She always looked up to people who were able to sew from scrath though. She thought of it as amazing. "What about you??"

"Oh cool." Lee said with a grin. "I would say that your kinda of like me." she set her latte in front of her as she showed her the frail skirt she was wearing. "Sort of alternated the colors to a faded pink I sew and patch my clothing together." she said rather proud. She was the total opposite of Leslie. Leslie was more into buying clothes from expensive boutique and changing the style that way. While Lee was more into creating her wardrobe from old material.

"Wow. That looks really nice." Sophia smiled as she looked at the skirt. "I can't start from scratch. I have to have something to start with or I never get anywhere." She thought back to the disaster that she had created last time she had attempted it. "I can do some really good clothes when I start with something but starting from scratch is just a disaster waiting to happen."

"I'm sure it doesn't look that bad." Lee said with a harmonising tone of voice. "And the hell who critise your work." she laugh as she grasp the handle of her mug, half way filled with latte. "You should show me your work sometimes. I'll be here for almost a month. Than its back to Salem." she rolled her eyes a bit. Not that she hated were she lived, just going back to school was always dreadful for Lee. Even if she was aming a lot higher these days. Esmaa notice another speaker had gone up to speak from his mind. He was a good looking one, hair long pass his broad shoulder. Something she was very attractive to, later on she will have to get his number.

"Believe me. It does." She laughed. I tried making a shirt once and it ended up with three arms and no neck." Sophia loved clothes and fashion but couldn't sew her own at all. "I don't know how much longer I'm going to be here for. My parents take me back home when they feel they're not doing anything else. When we finally go back, I'll be going to Paris." Soph loved Paris more than anything. It was her home and, in her opinion, the most amazing place on earth. It was beautiful and luxurious and the heat wasn't overwhealming.

Esmaa eyes nearly pop out of their sockets. "Oh wow you live in Paris? That's were I'm studying after Salem State." she felt herself get over excited so now when she goes to visit she will know somebody already. "I mean." she calm down a bit, her mellow gaze still holding that tinge of fascination. "Well if your parents are like that...than maybe you should stay with me and Leslie for a while. I mean we could even move here if you want?". Esmaa was always one to make distracted decision, but she sure knew Leslie wouldn't object to the idea. "Course its up to you...we could even look for an apartment." she waited to see what Sophia would say.

"Oh my god!! I'd love to move in with you guys." Sophia found it amazing that she would finally have some place to stay that wasn't her parents house. Her mum was too motherly and her dad was a loonatic. Two people like that and it's a disaster waiting to happen. "I wouldn't want to live here though. There's too many people here who have no idea what they're wearing. In Paris, nobody walks out the door without making sure that what they're wearing looks great on them. It is so much better." Soph had spent the past few weeks walking past people in disgusting clothes that would only be seen on them or tramps. She was revolted by it and couldn't wait to go back home to Paris.

"Let's see what Leslie says about moving to Paris but I can guarantee its a definite yes." Lee smirked happily. This would be like having a child, except she was older and had more common sense to dress herself up. "Your parents won't go anal? Or anything?" she didn't want to get blame for kidnapping or whatever. She wanted to make sure this is what Sophia wanted.

"Believe me." Sophia smiled. "Me moving out would make my parents incredibly happy. They're always going on about how I should get a job and move out." Sophia smiled at the thought of what her dad had said about growing up and not living off their money. She knew that she would always be getting money off them, no matter what they said.

"Alright. Here's my number." Esmaa scribble down her number on a napkin and hand it over to Sophia. "Are you into modeling or taking pictures?" Essy smiled. Maybe she could be the inspiration she was looking for, Essy was very good at sculpting and photography. "I'm a art student back in Salem. I'm always looking for something to focus. Of course I do it myself, its always easy to make a quick buck. You know posing without closing." she twitched her ankle, as her leg laid across the other. "Leslie a hair dresser, very good one I may add. She cut my hair short and bleach it all the time for me."

"I prefer modelling. I like photography but it's not exactly a hobby." Sophia smiled as she took the napkin and thanked Lee. She was so happy that she was going to finally get out of her parent's house and have some freedom for once. "Leslie sounds great. I never really do much with my hair. I've been meaning to get it dealt with for ages. Mum usually just does it herself because she enjoys doing people's hair. I let her have her fun and then just leave it where ever it looks ok. I rarely have it up though." Sophia looked at Lee's hair as she spoke. She had to admit it looked nice. "I like your hair. It suits you like that. I wouldn't want mine that short because I wouldn't be able to do anything with it but it does look good."

"Oh so you wouldn't mind me taking pictures of you? Its a bad habit, but I enjoy it so much, reason why I want to move to Paris, you know become inspired" Essy smiled while reaching for a ginger cookie that had been sitting in the middle of the table this whole time. "Its cool, Leslie could style your hair. She ace in that department." Essy smiled. "Just now to convince Leslie to move to Paris.." she spoke her thoughts out loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back