Coffee Grains

Abbigale Raven

OOC First Name
Teigs
Sexual Orientation
Very Conservative
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
Professor Abbigale Jinxx was in a pretty good mood right now. So far her lessons had been going rather well. As she expected. By the time students got to the upper years, they were in her class because they wanted to be there, or they had to be there. It was usually because they wanted a particular career and depending on her, they were either passed or failed. Abby had a great love of teaching, it was her vice. She would still be doing this job when she was eighty she was sure. Abby was positive she would that she would die in the seat in her office. Of course she wasn't actually serious about that. She loved teaching but dying in her office was a bit much really. She wasn't serious about that at all. Shaking her head, Abby made her way into the Professor's Common Room. She had spent a lot of time in here over the years. She had friends at this school that she would miss when one decided to leave, or if she was the first to go. Elvera, Natalie, Cyndi and Ava were the first to come to mind. Those ladies were very funny and she was glad to have met them. Speed of course was like a brother to her and he was the Godfather to Nathaniel. When he had shown up at the school, Abby had been rather shocked. He had just shown up at her office to say hi. She had nearly had a heart attack. Of course she had been delighted to see him though.

Walking over to the coffee pot, Abby waved her wand. This may have been a magical school, but she still liked to do some things the muggle way. She wasn't the Muggle Studies Professor for nothing after all. Even at home, she tended to prefer to do things the muggle way. Sometimes it really annoyed Jasper, but then again, these day, everything annoyed Jasper. Waiting for the coffee to finish, Abby looked around the common room. None of the other professors were here right now. Abby had been meaning to get here for a while, but she had been very busy. She had been hoping to meet the new professors. Oh well. She supposed she could wait here until someone came. Abby smiled when she coffee came to a finish. She poured herself a warm cup and relaxed on the sofa watching the fire. She had always enjoyed Hogwarts, the ambience and general atmosphere was great. Crossing her legs, Abby sipped her drink. She suddenly looked up however, when she heard a familiar voice and blinked when something was placed on the side table. She couldn't believe who she was seeing. "Oh. Dear. Merlin."

Ciro was pleased with himself. He had been looking for a reason to not go back ti Italy, as he felt he needed space from the more overbearing members of his family. And, not only did he find a job that he was sure he was going to enjoy for some time, he also had an exceptional reason to stay. New Zealand's weather was more favourable than Italy, and Ciro liked his current post. He ignored the fact that he had younger relatives at the school, as such information was irrelevant to them and his job. They were students just like any other, but perhaps if he caught them getting into trouble, he would be a little harsher on them. He did expect the best from them, even if each had rather inconvenient flaws. It was natural, he supposed. He ran his fingers through his hair as he entered the Professor's Common Room, and smiled slightly as he saw a familiar face, well, head of blonde hair, anyway.

He walked past her, making himself some tea, and smiled. "Good morning Abbigale," he greeted, looking at her sideways, making a cup of tea for her, since he decided to ignore the fact that she already had a cup of coffee. Such things could be forgiven and corrected. He sipped his tea, and placed her cup on the table. "I see you are indulging in bad habits," he said, looking at the cup of coffee in her hand and joining her. "How have you been?"

Abby honestly was very surprised to see Ciro in front of her. She had not expected to see him here at all. Why would she? Who expects to see someone they only met once in a cafe at the same place they teach when they hadn't been there before. It was actually a little bit weird to be honest. Abby was kind of stunned into silence, her coffee half way between her lips and her leg. She wasn't sure if she was going to drink it, or dumb it, because honestly she just might be hallucinating. However, when he spoke, she suddenly came to the realisation that this actually wasn't a joke and she should probably say something. Uncrossing her legs and then crossing them again Abby placed her coffee on her knee and smiled at Ciro, she couldn't very well be rude now could she. Looking at the tea that had been placed beside her Abby shook her head. "Morning, Ciro. You really enjoy trying to turn me off of Coffee and onto Tea don't you?" She asked, looking over at the Tea again. She watched him as he joined her and she shrugged. "I happen to like coffee. What can I say?" Abby took a sip of her coffee, either to prove a point, or simply because she had made it and now was going to drink it. It would be pretty silly, to not drink it now after all of that effort she had put into it. "I don't know if I have it in me to forsake my coffee a second time."

Smiling at Ciro as she was asked a question, Abby shrugged. "I've been pretty good. Well, on the days I wasn't with Jasper fighting all day anyway. I don't know how school has been yet, we've not been here long. Tell me though, what on Earth, are you doing here?" She was undeniably curious after all, that was true, she had to know what he was teaching as well.

Ciro smirked as his tea reached his lips - an accomplishment that Abbigale's coffee had yet to make. She was positively stunned by this revelation, although it was not much of a surprise for Ciro, as he had known that he would probably run into Abbigale here at some point. The new Astronomy professor placed his tea ideally on the table, and crossed his legs. His nose crinkled ever-so-slightly at her apparent denial for tea. The blonde had several bad habits it seemed, and coffee definitely had to be one of them. He could smell the beans from the relatively short distance of the table, and he shook his head as she did previously. "Where is your sense of adventure, Abbigale?" he asked, his finger tapping the handle of the tea cup and pushing it a little close to her. "Do it as a favour. Tea is very relaxing, and it was specially made for you." Besides, coffee could be re-made or re-heated. Tea should always be sipped leisurely after it had cooled down enough to not scold the tongue. That was Ciro's opinion.

The name, Jasper, made an appearance. Through later correspondence told him that Jasper was her husband - well, possibly ex-husband if their relationship continued to deteriorate as it so obviously had been. However, it was the question he had thrown back at him that caused him to give a moment of silence as he thought about his answer. There really was no reason for him to be here, other than to do a job. "To teach, the same as you." He sipped his tea quickly to moisten his dry mouth. "I have a love of Astronomy, and saw that the position was open. have grown fond of New Zealand and wished to extend my stay. I put in an application, and got the position. So here I am. I presume you still teach Muggle Studies?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back