Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Curly 12 inch sturdy Alder wand with Phoenix Tail Feather core
continued from here https://hogwarts.nz/threads/with-a-little-help-from-my-friend.99158/

As Lily and Terrel stood in front of the cliffs, she looked at him and smiled. they were going to climb up the cliffs together. It had been a wonderful day, it didn't go quite as she expected. From helping someone to overcome a fear, making a new friend and finding a ball partner. It was amazing. Lily used to climb trees and sit in them at home but cliffs was somewhat a challenge. She smiled at Terrell and said " Race you to the top. " She found a small crater for her foot and started climbing

Terrell examined the side of the cliff, looking at where natural the ledges and craters were. Lily called out that it was a race and he immediately felt competitive and started the climb faster. "I accept, but what's my prize when I win?" He joked, finding his first footing and grip for his hands. It was a new challenge as he hadn't done this sort of climbing before. He found a higher ledge for his foot, he let his legs do the work whilst using his hands for grip. He looked over to Lily to see how she was getting on, "You okay?" He asked.

Lily smiled at Terrell, of course it was silly for her to call It a rac, because she knew she would lose. She was impressed with how fast Terrell climbed up, she was far behind in a matter of seconds. Lily smirked as Terrell asked what he would get if he won, she had no idea what to offer " I don't know, what do you want? " Lily asked looking up at Terrell. " I'm good thanks. I'll see you at the top. " She said with a smile.

Since Lily was falling behind Terrell stopped climbing to allow her the chance to catch up. He was going to win but he wanted to make it a close one. "I don't know, what can you offer?" Terrell asked whilst thinking about what he wanted, "How about a bag of Bertie's beans?" He suggested, Terrell did have a fondness for the sweets even though some of the flavours were horrible. "Okay, see you at the top then!" When Lily caught up, Terrell continued to climb and this time he didn't stop until he reached the top, he wanted to get the climb done when he started to feel the strain in his muscles and feet. He slid into a seating position at the top of the cliff, his bare feet dangling off the side. He took the time to appreciate the scenery as Lily finished her climb too.

Lily smiled as Terrell gave her a chance to catch up, not completely though. She let out a laugh " Sure! Why Bertie beans though? Some of them are horrible! " Lily said a little louder, making sure he could hear her. Lily shot a thumbs up as he said to see her at the top. She climbed as fast as her thin legs allowed her. She looked up at Terrell every now and then until she reached the top. When she did she sat down next to him and admired the beautiful view.

Terrell shrugged, "I guess I like the risk! It's like playing Russian roulette but with sweets." He said. "Well done!" He told Lily as she made it to the top and sat next to him. "It's my first time up here and the views are amazing!"

Lily smiled at her friend " Why take the risk of getting an earwax flavoured sweet when I can stuff my mouth full of chocolate frogs. " Lily said sitting down next to Terrell. She stared out over the lake and closed her eyes letting the late afternoon sun shine on her face.

Terrell laughed at Lily's comment, she had a point too. "I'd say earwax really doesn't taste as bad as everyone says." He had not yet had the pleasure of an earwax flavoured sweet. Terrell turned to Lily, it was going to be the Christmas holidays soon and he wondered what she would be doing for them. "Are you here or going home for the Christmas break?" He asked her.

Lily laughed at Terrell, " Really. Have you tried one? " Lily asked curiously. It must have been funny seeing someone's reaction to a earwax flavoured sweet. She turned to face her friend as he spoke to her. " Nope, what about you?" She asked , hoping deep inside her that he might stay.

Terrell shook his head no then started laughing, "I've been very lucky with my experiences of Bertie Botts Beans, haven't had a bad one yet." He told her, you could hear he was proud of this in his tone.

"Afraid so, agreed to visit my family over the holidays. They didn't want to go a whole year without seeing me." Terrell had a small family, just his dad and half-sister, but he knew they missed him whilst he was away at Hogwarts.

Lily giggled too as her friend laughed, she agreed that he was lucky. Some of the students talk about bad experiences with those sweets. But she had made up her mind that she would never eat one.

Lily gave her friend a little dull smile. She hoped he would be stayed, bit she understood that he also must be wanted to see his family. " Oh, well I hope you are going to enjoy it. How old is your half sister? "

Terrell swung his legs back and fourth, his toes were beginning to feel cold. "Uhm, she's sixteen." Terrell replied, "What about you? Do you have any siblings?" He asked, he couldn't help wondering why Lily wasn't going home for Christmas but he didn't want to look as if he was prying.

Lily pouted ever so slightly " Muggle? " Lily asked curiously. She also wondered what had happening to his mum but she didn't ask just in case it was a sensitive subject. " No, I wish I had. But my mum and dad divorced when I was young and my mum decided never to marry again. I don't know about my father though " Lily said with smile

"Yeah both she and my dad are muggles. My mum was a witch but she died when I was just a baby" Terrell explained, it felt nice opening up to Lily, he felt he could trust her and tell her anything including information about his mum. She opened up to him too about her parents divorce, "I'm sorry to hear that. Are either of them muggles?" He asked, "You know, we're still young. There might still time for your mum to marry again. Who knows, you could have siblings in future?" Terrell said optimistically.

Lily nodded her head whilst listening to Terrell, " I'm so sorry. " She said with a little empathetic smile. She was happy that he was prepared to open up and she too felt some what relief to open up. It was getting colder outside and Lily's feet were still wet from jumping in the lake. She hoped her mum would remarry someday " You're right, is it nice being the younger sibling? " Lily asked curiously.

Terrell nodded, "Yeah it's good, I've always been well looked after." Terrell couldn't complain, he stretched out his arms, "Ready to head back down? I don't know about you but my feet feel like icebergs!" He felt his cold toes, "Ah, yes frozen." He commented, "This has been a great day though, I've had loads of fun!"

Lily smiled, she hoped one day if she had a sibling she would too be a good older sister. " Yeah, I'm feeding up here. " Lily said rubbing her arms to hide the goosebumps. She started climbing down and waited for her friend. The day was coming to an end and it had been one of the best days since she was at Hogwarts. " Thank you for a wonderful day " Lily thanked Terrell with a warm smile.

With frozen feet, the climb down was much harder than the climb up had been. Terrell made it to the bottom, jumping the last couple of feet to the ground. He smiled at Lily then headed to pick up their shoes and socks which were still wet. Terrell had resided himself to walking the way back to the Gryffindor Common Room barefoot, but first, he must have something eat! "I'm starving! I hope we're not too late to have food in the Great Hall!" He said, as they started their trudge back to the castle.

Lily claimed to the bottom and smiled at Terrell, their shoes were still wet so the journey back would be freezing. She caught up to Terrell and walked next to him. She was cold and hungry " I hope not, I'm starving" she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back