2iaar1t.png

2dkz2ty.png

6i9n3c.png

k1dnhv.png

nq3382.png

giphy.gif

signature tutorials
these tutorials are for photoshop, but may be translatable

Helloo there! For my first tutorial I'm going to show you how to make this banner here:

fyn3QuK.png

Making this signature will require some knowledge of photoshop, such as layers, layer modes, and colouring PSDs, but if you're confused about anything there are tutorials out there online to help. I might make general photoshop tutorials in future for the basic tools, but not right now.

Resources used:

Model image | Texture 1
Texture 2 | Texture 3 | Leaves | Leaves 2 | Constellation
Mirror | Tiles | Lighting 1 | Lighting 2

credit for the images above goes to the owners... unfortunately, I can't track them all down now

Step One

Open a new 500x200 canvas with a white background. Add texture 1 and position it like so:

eepxCEt.png

Step Two

Add texture 2 and set the mode to screen. Add texture 3 and set the mode to multiply.

bRFAaTp.png

Step Three

Add the tiles and resize as shown below to fit image. Add model over the top of the tiles.

nTO2dcE.png

Step Four

Add and resize the mirror, placing it so that it half obscures the model's face. Create a new layer beneath the mirror and paint the area inside it white. Then lower the opacity of this white layer to around 70%.

6h1AWzp.png

Step Five

Add leaves 1, resize, and position behind the mirror, obscuring more of the background model's face so that only one of her eyes is visible. Duplicate your model layer and resize it, placing it over the mirror.

qRK2DWW.png

Step Six

Add leaves 2, resize, and place behind the smaller model. I also added leaves 1 again and placed it in the very lower foreground, so that the smaller model looks as if she is behind the leaves.

zWPbpeP.png

Step Seven

Add lighting 1, set the mode to soft light, and reduce the opacity to 30%. Add lighting 2, set the mode to overlay,
and position until you are happy with the way it looks. Finally, add the constellation, set mode to lighten, and position it if you can so that one of the lines cuts through the background model's eye. This will help draw the focus to the smaller model in the foreground.

sEanmu8.png

Colouring & Text

To colour, I placed the PSDs Porcelain Doll and White Lies from Evey's Play Pretend pack over the top of the entire image. I also used Take Me to Church, but placed this PSD just above texture 3. Finally, on top of the whole image, I added a curves adjustment, set to input 106, output 134. You can add the text as you like!

fyn3QuK.png

Aand you're done! This was my first tutorial, so I apologise if it's not the easiest to follow. I'll try to get better at explaining things in future! You are welcome to use this tutorial (or parts of it) to make and use a signature for yourself if you would like to, using your own model!

Hi again! The banner I'm going to be showing you how to make today is this one here:

Zd1V0Vy.png

I want you in advance that it's quite image-heavy. But as always you're welcome just to take inspiration from it, or modify it in any way you wish to make your own banners.

Resources Used

Model 1 | Model 2 | Stock 1 | Stock 2 | Stock 3
Stock 4 | Stock 5 | Stock 6 | Stock 7 | Stock 8
Lighting 1 | Lighting 2 | Roses PNG | Lantern PNG

Resource credits: Models from the Behance pack by dylanasaurus; stocks from We<3It; PNGs by Evey.

Step One

Begin with a 500x200 canvas filled with #2b2323. Add, resize, and cut out your models, placing them on the canvas like so.

tctdsVz.png

Step Two

Add stock 1, resize, and use a soft, low-opacity brush (I go for about 15% opacity) to erase the edges. Do the same thing for stock 2, and you should have something that looks like this.

umTsS2M.png

Step Three

Add stock 3, resize, and set the layer mode to multiply. I also rotated the stock to better cover up the straight edge on the right-hand model. Add stock 4, resize, and use a soft, low-opacity brush to erase the edges.

xE5apGE.png

Step Four

Place down stock 5, set the layer to lighten, and position. Add stock 6, set the layer to lighten, and position.

vKOPEKy.png

Step Five

Add stock 7, resize, and use a soft, low-opacity brush to erase any sharp edges. Add stock 8, set the mode to lighten, and place behind the left-hand model. If necessary, erase edges with soft brush (yay, we're finally done with stocks!).

Bn19not.png

Lighting

Place lighting 1, ensuring the layer sits beneath both models, and set the layer mode to vivid light, reducing opacity to 40%. Add lighting 2 on top of the entire image, set mode to soft light, and position until happy with the way it looks. Then duplicate the layer. This will make the lighting stronger and more vivid.

lCZL1UO.png

PNGs

Woo, PNGs! Add your roses and your lantern PNGs and resize. I used two of each, flipping the second rose PNG upside-down to cover up the left-hand model's knee.

ns2XuKj.png

Colour & Reduce Noise

To colour, I used Evey's Take Me to Church PSD, followed by Porcelain Doll from Evey's Play Pretend pack. I also used a reduce noise filter on every stock image except stock 8, using the following settings:

Strength: 9
Preserve details: 2
Reduce colour noise: 0
Sharpen details: 21

What the reduce noise filter does is give an image a blurry, oil-painting effect. Since I wanted the models, PNGs, and stock 8 to have more clarity than the rest of the image, I only applied the filter to the remaining 7 background stocks. This gave me the following effect:

VuOOsE7.png

Text & Finishing Touches

The fonts I used in this banner are Orator Std 9pt and Substrate 60pt. I created a white shadow beneath the left-hand model to help her stand out. Then I flattened the entire image and added a reduce noise filter to the whole thing, this time with these settings:

Strength: 7
Preserve details: 6
Reduce colour noise: 0
Sharpen details: 21

Finally, I added a curves adjustment, Input 86, Output 110, to brighten up the banner. And here's the final result!

Zd1V0Vy.png

I hope you managed to learn something new from this tutorial that will help you in your banner making! Good luck!! ^^​

AOmDIfy.png

Want a sparkly button of your very own?! :party: If requests are open, please fill out the form below and PM it to me and I'll get to it as soon as possible. You can request a button for whatever purpose you like! Just please don't request more than one at a time ;P

Requests are currently closed
Waiting List:

Code:
[b]Is this button just for you, or can it be used freely by everyone?:
Border shape (please use reference numbers below):
Background picture:
Colour scheme:
Text (max 20 characters):
Animation (please link me to a button with the kind of animation you'd like, or explain what you want - I can try to make it work!):
Other notes:[/b]

CaAA5ZW.png

dP1DoBv.png

These were made by request - please only use them if they were made for you!

raOIlbX.gif
Uki5nZ3.gif
DqoIxMC.gif
y4Ak9hv.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back