Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Demi
Wand
Straight 9 inch springy Willow with unicorn hair core
Lucas was a little nervous when he found out that the party had been moved from Cassi's house to his house. His parents were hardly good hosts, and his brothers shoved off all the responsibilities onto him. He had spent the last few days cleaning and decorating nonstop. The tree was set and there were lights and candles everywhere. From all appearances, he had the perfect house. Two-story, four and a half rooms, two bathrooms, spacious living room and kitchen, big yard with a white picket fence and a porch swing on a wide wrapping porch with a nice awning. It had taken longer for him to decorate outside, but the house was wrapped with gorgeous white lights and a large, dark green wreath hung on the door.

He'd been cooking all day, something he'd had to get good at fairly quickly. He was humming softly, moving the honey glazed ham to the table. With it, there was a bowl of hand mashed potatoes, a plate of corn on the cob, and a big bowl of chowder. He even had a blueberry cake in the oven, nearly done. Now, he was chasing after his parents, trying to get someone's attention. His mother was wearing a nice evening gown, red with long sleeves and white trim, her hair done up. She was speaking quickly to the earpiece she never took off. After several minutes of being unsuccessful with her, he started chasing down his father, hardly noticing his eldest brother opening the door. Both of his brothers had at least attempted to dress nice, button-down shirts and their hair combed. They were naturally handsome, of course, so they didn't have to try so hard.

Lucas had put on a nice sweater, dark red, with black jeans and nice boots. He had carefully combed his hair, and he was running around after his father, tugging on his father's coat sleeve to try and get his attention. "Dad? Dad," he circled his dad, unsuccessful as ever as his dad just ignored him in favor of talking to his earpiece. Lucas accidentally tripped, falling facefirst onto the floor. His father continued on without hesitation. Lucas ducked as Gabriel stepped over him, unthinkingly covering his head.

Einar was nervous, he had never imagined he’d go to Lucas’ home. After all of his hatred towards that family, he hadn’t thought he’d see it, but when Cassi had picked him up and told him there was a change of plan this really wasn’t what he had in mind. He’d been brought to it and had time to look at where it was on a map, but as soon as he and Cassi were outside he froze. He couldn’t help but look at this house and feel out of place. Einar had never been in a house so big...or fancy...Even in the foster homes he’d been to, they’d always had fairly small modest homes. It made him think of that apartment in Anchorage with his grandparents, where he’d slept on the sofa with his brother, or his tiny room, in the tiny cold apartment in Fairbanks. He looked at his clothes, the ones he’d been wearing for years, most of which were getting too small for him, but he didn’t have anyone or any money to buy new clothes.

”Cassi….” Einar spoke softly shaking his head. He knew it was less than idyllic on the inside with Lucas and the way his family was but Einar felt grossly out of place. This was where Lucas and his family lived, and Einar didn’t have a home. All Einar owned was in his backpack. He didn’t have any presents for anyone because he had no money and nothing to give. There was a little something for Lucas, a thread bracelet from a shirt that had almost completely worn away. He looked at Cassi as they approached the house. Einar braced himself as Cassi pressed the door bell, he was excited to see Lucas but everything about this was absolutely going to be the worst thing ever.

Lucas had just picked himself up off the floor when he heard the door. He quickly forgot about straightening his clothes and rushed to open it. "Aunt Cassi!" he greeted, giving her barely a glance as he grabbed Einar's hand. "Einar," Lucas had completely relaxed, his face lighting up with adoration. He pulled Einar inside, past the chatter of his parents' legal jargon and his brother's obnoxious laughter, straight up the stairs and down to the farthest room on the left.

Not that it was really a room. It was more like a large supply closet, with enough room for a twin bed, a single window, and a small closet. There were two pillows on his bed, and a thick comforter. Lucas slammed the door quickly behind them, locking the three locks he'd installed himself. He let out a long sigh, turning to Einar with a shy but happy smile. "Hi," he greeted, fidgeting a little. "I... I really missed you. Can I hug you? It's okay if you don't wanna," he admitted shyly, though he was quick to add that Einar didn't have to hug him. Lucas wasn't going to wait for Christmas morning to give Einar all his presents; no way was he going to do that in front of his brothers. But first things first.

Einar allowed himself to be pulled into the house, doing his best to not pull his hand out of Lucas’ grasp but did when they were in the bedroom. At the little glances of the house Einar had seen it looked even fancier inside. Why did he feel dirty in a place like this. He placed his bag down on the ground at the centre of Lucas’ room and glanced towards the other boy. He returned the smile, it was smaller on Einar’s face a little more strained only lasting for a short moment. He thought about the question. He did want one, this was overwhelming, this house Lucas’ contrasting life. But he wanted his mom. He wanted his mom to have been the one to bring him here, not his friend’s aunt. He wanted to talk with his mother about his birthday, about school, about Lucas. He nodded though, it was a jerky nod, but he did and he opened his arms a little to Lucas, though he also tensed his whole body.

Lucas had bit his lip, unsure if Einar would accept it. Lucas's entire face lit up when Einar said he could hug him, though of course, Lucas noticed the way Einar tensed up. He hesitated a moment, before stepping in and going for it anyway. He cuddled into Einar, holding him tightly for a few moments. Lucas could have really held on for a long time, but he didn't want to make Einar any more uncomfortable. He had to struggle with his self-control for a moment, but he still pulled back, smiling shyly.

Lucas went back to his bed, crawling under it and, it took him a moment, but he managed to drag out a school trunk. It was empty- mostly- except for a handful of presents already in there. He smiled, sitting on his bed. "That's yours. Open it," Lucas smiled brightly, bouncing a little. He'd thought a lot about it, and in the end he'd decided on several different things. There was a fully stocked, portable artists desk, full of pencils and paints and a few sketchpads. There was a blanket hoodie, gray with white trim, plush and warm. And there was something he'd had to get Cassi to help him with; a small music box that played clair de lune and projected a swirling galaxy onto the walls when it was opened.

Last edited:
Einar was glad the hug was blessedly short. His body was able to de-tense and relax slightly as Lucas let go. He looked at what he brought out, and what was there. He frowned at his friend, ”Lucas…” he hoped Lucas hadn’t bought him too much, he’d feel bad, with such a silly gift that had cost him no money in return. He had his school allowance but with no idea how much things would cost he was always careful to not use that money. He went back to his bag and after a little rummaging found what he wanted. The poorly wrapped, present. The wrapping paper was just the last issue of the daily prophet. He felt his cheeks redden in embarrassment. Why did Lucas keep him around when he couldn’t do anything, he was bad at being close to people, quiet, fought and just didn’t have the ability to give lucas an even decent gift, literally it was just a bracelet made from the loose threads of an old t-shirt. He pushed it down though, he’d feel worse if he didn’t give him anything. ”Happy Yule,” Einar presented the gift with a quiet, the shame he was feeling very apparent.

Lucas' brow furrowed as he watched Einar. Lucas stepped forward, taking the gift easily. His entire face lit up with delight as he took it, his smile widening as he saw the bracelet. He slipped it on immediately, knowing he would never take it off. He could see the emotions on Einar's face. Lucas's smile softened, and he stepped a little closer, trying to catch the other boys eye. "Hey," Lucas almost reached for Einars hand. "Hey, I love it." Lucas knew Einar wouldn't just take his word for it. "Einar, I mean it. You see this place-" Lucas bit his lip, sighing softly. "I don't think I've ever gotten anything like this. I don't.... I know you don't have much. But this..." Lucas put a hand over the bracelet. "The presents I get from you mean more to me than anything I've ever gotten from anyone else."

Einar knew Lucas didn’t really have much, that his gift would mean something but it didn’t help his embarrassment about the situation, it didn’t make him feel better in the slightest. Einar caught his gaze and just nodded as Lucas spoke. If anything it made him want to do more, give more but it always circled back to the best he could do was something hand made with something he had once owned. Einar moved away and took one of the gifts that Lucas had bought him, the art set and smiled softly for a moment. ”I know, but look at what you’ve got me,” he said, ”This is amazing, thoughtful and just so cool. I wish I could give you something like this,” he knew that it was the thought that counted but it really didn’t help him feel better about anything. He just wanted Lucas to feel appreciated, to get something really good. ”I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be….this place is just overwhelming….I know it’s all fake, and you aren’t happy, but it’s still overwhelming for me for some reason,” he felt like adding that even when his mom had been alive they hadn’t had this much, but it felt a little redundant and he didn’t want to bring the mood down further.

Lucas smiled softly, sitting on the bed. "Honestly, if you got me anything bigger my brothers would take it." he shrugged. "There are two other gifts, and tomorrow Aunt Cassi is taking us shopping and we're going to keep shopping until we finish filling that trunk up with clothes for you," he told Einar with a shy smile. He hesitated a moment before gently brushing his fingers over the back of Einar's hand, but only briefly as he quickly pulled back.

"I'm sorry you had to come here. I'm sorry I can't make things better. But... I know you need new clothes." Lucas smiled a little shyly, taking the edge of Einar's sleeve between his fingers. "I can take care of that. My parents always thought throwing money at us would make it so they didn't have to pay attention. My brothers kept taking my allowance so I had aunt Cassi open an account for me with her name on it and she convinced my mom to funnel my allowance in there. Until now, I... I've never really had a reason to touch it, so I have a lot saved up." He told Einar. Lucas wanted to lean in and cuddle, but instead he just folded his hands in his lap.

Einar felt his cheeks redden at the fact that Cassi was taking them shopping, partly to get him clothes. He stilled a little at the touch and just sighed. He listened as Lucas talked about how he’d come into the money and was nodding vaguely. He wondered if his family hadn’t all died if his mother would’ve let him always bring Lucas home with him. He knew his mother would’ve brought Lucas happily into the family where he’d be safe and loved. His brothers would’ve loved Lucas. But of course the worst had happened in everyway and now he was making his only friend feel bad about presents he wanted to get for him with money he saved because his parents didn’t love him. ”I don’t need new clothes, you or Cassi don’t need to spend money on me, honestly, I’m happy to just be spending the holidays with you, my birthday with you and not alone,” He said, shaking his head a little and forcing a smile to show how happy he was and he was in part but it was just somewhat difficult for him to feel happy. ”when will we be eating?”

Lucas's brow furrowed a little, and he ignored Einar's question in favor of giving him a stern look. "Einar. We're going shopping, and we're filling the trunk with clothes that fit you and clothes you can grow into, and we're going to go shopping again at the end of every school year. You aren't stopping me and you aren't talking me out of it, you can either come along and pick out what you want or I'm going to pick out the most expensive clothes I can find," He threatened idly, hoping Einar would agree to come if he thought it was either pick out reasonably priced new clothes or top brand designer outfits.

His expression softened though, and he looked towards the door a moment. "Hey, um, do you want to eat at the table? Or would you be more comfortable if I just brought us dinner up here?" He asked, looking back to his best friend with a shy smile. "I made everything myself. And decorated everything. And did the Christmas shopping, and laid out the nice dinner outfits..." Lucas rubbed the back of his neck. "Jeez, they're hopeless," He muttered, half to himself.

Einar gave a little shrug, ”Please I’ll pick out a few items, but I don’t need much and we should just go to like Target, that’ll have all I need,,” he kept his belongings light because he had too few of them to begin with but he also didn’t want many of them now. He could live without even if the part of his mind saying as much had perhaps just been conditioned to feel that way about it. He had never had much and even less so after his mother had passed and he didn’t know why it was then difficult to accept help from a friend when he could admit he’d soon outgrow most of his clothes and if magic could stitch them back together or enlarge them that wouldn’t exactly help. At the question he paused, it seemed that it would be his choice and he didn’t know. SPending the dinner with Lucas’ family would be nerve wracking but then he’d see all the work that was put in. ”Erm…..I can handle dinner with your family, if you want to eat with them,” he wanted to leave it a little open so that if Lucas wanted to make the choice that they wouldn’t he’d be able to.

Lucas shook his head. "We can go to Target, but either I'm filling that trunk with clothes or you are. Maybe a good blanket and some pillows, I don't know if you need those, and a pair of sneakers and some snow boots, maybe a scarf, and you need a new uniform for school but we can grab a few of those later in the year," he mused, thinking out loud a bit. He shook his head, looking over to Einar and giving him a warm smile. "Einar, I've spent all my life having to take care of myself; I've done the grocery shopping, the cleaning, the cooking, pretty much as long as I can remember. No one has ever bothered taking care of me, I've always been forgotten. You weren't. I know I'm not... anything close to what you had, but I'm gunna try," he looked away shyly a moment before looking back to Einar and scooting just a little closer.

His voice softened and his heart was pounding, but he didn't know why. "You're the most important thing in the world to me, Einar. All I've ever known is this... quiet darkness of being alone, and I just... I don't want that for you. My head tells me that I deserve this life, and I guess I'm used to it, but I just... I want you to be happy, I'll do anything to make you happy," he admitted softly, looking away again shyly. He sighed, shaking his head.

Clearing his throat, he stood up, feeling a little embarrassed with how hard he'd been pushing. Einar didn't need Lucas, it was bold and probably stupid to say everything he had, Lucas just... couldn't help it, he had been noticing Einar in a lot of new ways lately. He'd noticed how soft Einar's hair was, how short his clothes were getting, and how smooth his skin was. He'd noticed how pretty Einar's pale green eyes were, and a million other little things he'd never thought to look at before. "We should go down to eat, just because Aunt Cassi will notice if we don't. I'll warn you, though, she's probably the only one that will even acknowledge our presence. I mean, Gabriel might, but my brothers tend to pretend I don't exist when Aunt Cassi is here, she scares them." He smiled shyly and moved for the door.

Einar knew he wasn’t going to win this argument now, and he did need new shoes and a jacket. ”If I say yes to some can we drop others, I just, I move around a lot and I don’t want things to get lost or taken,” none of his foster family had ever taken anything before but he always wanted to protect what little he had and having more than necessary would be counter to what he’d been trying. He nodded at his words but gave a little smile. ”Lucas I don’t need you to be what I had, I miss that life….I miss them, but I can’t keep living in the past I have to move on,” he said, not sure what his point really was and he gave a little sigh, ”I am happy….or like some version of it...It’s just like out of reach from being more visible to me…” he shook his head and just sighed, ”Let’s go then, I’m pretty hungry,” he didn’t necessarily want to spend too much time with the rest of Lucas’ family but he would if he had to. ”After you,”

Lucas' smile widened when Einar spoke, and shook his head. "Nope! We're filling the trunk. C'mere," he pulled the trunk out a little more and made sure Einar was watching, before pressing in on the latch of the lid. The trunk shuddered a moment, then steadily shrank down, down, down, until it was the size of a textbook. Lucas grinned, picking it up and offering it to Einar. "Aunt Cassi thought of everything. This was her part; she enchanted it to change so its more portable for you," he beamed proudly, setting it back on the floor and pressing in the same spot. The trunk grew in size again, until it was big again. He opened the lid, and pulled out the blanket hoodie to show Einar. "See, everything comes out the same size it was before you shrank it," He smiled brightly.

Lucas paused, listening to Einar speak. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough. Lucas hesitated a moment before leaning in and pressing a kiss to Einar's cheek. Lucas was already expecting a form of rejection, expecting Einar to pull away, so he didn't have his hopes up for much of a reaction. "Come on," he smiled shyly, ignoring the slight blush in his cheeks and the fluttering of his heart as he opened the door and led the way back downstairs. He showed Einar to the table, and motioned to where the two were going to sit down. The table was already mostly set, and after several minutes Lucas had moved all the food onto the table, poured wine for everyone but the two of them, coming back with a few sodas instead.

When everything was set, Lucas yelled for his aunt Cassi, who in turn dragged in the rest of Lucas' family; his parents hardly noticed him, and his brothers jostled each other around and laughed loudly, both shooting glances to Lucas and then Einar before settling down and ignoring the both of them. Cassi showered his mom with compliments over dinner and how pretty the house looked, and she took them easily. Lucas didn't mind, instead just getting the food on his and Einar's plates. He dug in quietly, smiling softly at Einar. To be completely honest, this was the first time he'd eaten at home in a while and he didn't feel completely invisible.

Einar watched the trunk shrink in his hands and he had to wondered if he could fit some of the old stuff his mother had left him that he knew was tied up somewhere in Fairbanks. He didn’t know where, perhaps his social worker would and he was sure that the next time he saw her he could ask about it. It was a nice gesture, a move from Lucas and Cassi. How kind of them. He was always so ashamed of how he reacted to their kindness, always wanting to push it away, never really wanting to accept it and always just trying his best to give it back. He didn’t have much, but they always seemed intent on him being provided for, perhaps even more so than his mother might’ve been able to, though not from a lack of want. He stilled as Lucas pressed a kiss to his cheek and just froze, his whole body stilled and he just ignored it, opting to just follow Lucas as he then left the bedroom and down stairs. He took a seat and watched the family in front of him. It was so clear the dynamics that existed, so much that he wondered how Cassi who always seemed to know what was going on with him couldn’t pick it up. But he ignored it, taking his fork and eating the food he’d been given, ”Did you make all of this?” he asked Lucas quietly after a few minutes of eating.

-godmod approved-

Lucas had been eating quietly, looking up when Einar spoke. He nodded, taking a sip of his Mountain Dew. "Yes," he replied easily, looking to the boy. "Is it alright?" He fretted a little, wanting Einar to at least enjoy the food. They talked quietly here and there, and dinner passed fairly quickly. Aunt Cassi volunteered to clean up, so Lucas and Einar retreated to his room for the night, talking quietly in bed for a while until eventually Lucas fell asleep.

He woke up, shivering, and rolled, his hand automatically reaching out. When the bed was empty, Lucas sat up, rubbing sleep from his eyes and looking around, worried. Had his brothers done something? He almost panicked, until he moved to get up and saw Einar sleeping on the floor. Lucas looked at him for a moment, his shoulders slumping. Was he really so unbearable that Einar couldn't even share a bed? Lucas sighed softly, moving about quietly and getting dressed. He didn't know why he was so disappointed, really, Einar had never been a touchy person. Why did Lucas just crave it more the longer they were together?

He pushed the thoughts aside, deciding to focus on breakfast instead. He left the room, thinking about what to make. He was so lost in thought he didn't notice his brother coming down the hall. He certainly felt it, though, when he reached the stairs and suddenly two strong hands were on his back, sending him end over end down the stairs. Lucas let out a startled cry, groaning as he smashed into the wall at the bottom of the stairs with a loud thud. Feeling a bit battered but thankfully not bloody, Lucas shut his eyes as he heard his eldest brother laughing. "Geez, Luke. Walk much?" Gabriel called down to him, but Lucas ignored him. Please, please don't wake up, he pleaded silently, immediately scared of what might happen next.

Last edited:
Einar hadn't had many family dinners in recent years, so though this wasn't like how he remembered them, it was nice to sit back and just enjoy he. He gave an appreciative reply as Lucas as him how the food was, and the meal was spent between them in some silence with the odd piece of conversation back and forth. He gave a little smile every so often to show he liked it, but they were fleeting. Eventually they went back to the bedroom, and it didn't take long for Lucas to sleep. Einar lay awake much longer, the bed he was sharing with Lucas too comfortable, and after a few hours, it just felt too small and he just needed out. He had gotten out of the bed and made something for himself on the floor, the stiffness of it, the coolness and the endless space had helped him finally go to sleep. It felt like mere moments after he'd finally fallen asleep that a crash woke him from his slumber. He was up and moving quickly, noting that Lucas was gone and seeing the scene. Despite what he had promised Lucas, he was flying for Gabriel immediately. In a sleepy dazed state full body tackling him. Growling angrily at him, all the frustration, his unsure nature about being here gone as his emotions were allowed to vent as he was aiming to fight Gabriel.

-godmod approved-

Cassi always enjoyed going back for the holidays. She was pleased to bring Einar along, even if she could tell he was a bit uncomfortable. She knew Lucas was a little ignored at home, so she hoped that having the other boy with her would make things better for Lucas this year. The night seemed to go fairly well, and Christmas wasn't for another day, but she was sure things were going to go well. At least, until she got up the next morning.

Cassi had just opened her door in time to see Gabriel push Lucas down the stairs. She stood there a moment, shocked, but apparently the loud bang had been enough to wake up Einar. The younger boy wasted no time in barreling down the hall and slamming into Gabriel. Cassis' brow furrowed. How would Einar know what had happened?

She didn't dwell on it, the boys appearance snapping her back into reality. She strode down the hall, grabbing hold of Einar and pulling him off of Gabriel. "Einar, go check on Lucas. I want both of you to pack your things, we're leaving," she spoke firmly, reaching down and grabbing Gabriel by the collar, easily hauling him to his feet as well. She didn't say another word to Einar, dragging Gabriel down the hall by his ear and throwing him into her room before turning. "Lucas, pack enough for the rest of the break, we're staying at my house," she yelled back angrily, before stepping into her room and slamming the door.

Einar felt himself being pulled off Gabriel and started to get himself out of the grasp. But it didn't last long until he was told what to do. He growled at Gabriel one last time and then went to get Lucas. Despite still vibrating from the expensed energy he held out his hand to Lucas, "Are you okay?" he asked, intending to get him up and then they could go back. It wouldn't take long for Einar, and he couldn't help but somewhat selfishly hope this whole thing, his behaviour would be enough to call off the shopping trup that Einar was dreading.

Lucas groaned when he heard the crack of bodies hitting the floor. He knew he needed to get up, go get between Einar and Gabriel, but his head was still spinning. He groaned again when he heard his Aunt, worried for a moment he would have to fight with her, too. But she instead insisted she was taking them both, and he relaxed. He opened his eyes to see Einar, and he hoped the tears in his own eyes weren't so obvious. He gladly took Einars hand and stood, rubbing his arm and trying not to wince too much. "I'm okay," he lied softly, keeping hold of Einar's hand longer than he needed to. "Let's just... go get our stuff." He looked up to Einar and smiled a little. "And don't even think you're getting out of shopping; we're just going earlier now. Come on," He started back for his room, knowing he would feel that trip down the stairs for at least the rest of the week.

Einar felt himself go a little rigid as Lucas took his hand, but he pushed it down. he didn't quite believe Lucas was as fine as he was saying but it wasn't for him to question. He smiled slightly but headed back to the room. In there he made quick work of packing up his things, and looked to Lucas, "You good to go?" he asked. He had decided to not address the shopping, perhaps they'd all forget about it or perhaps because it would make Lucas happy he might just have to suck it up and just suffer through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back