Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alliyah Jackson

OOC First Name
Arty
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Wood Rose
The time came when the Yule Ball was already prepared. Alliyah smoothed down the golden dress that was carefully placed on her slim figure, highlighting the almost pale skin she had. Alliyah took a deep breath and stepped inside the Great Hall with confidence. She beamed at the decorations done by the prefects or whoever had placed it. They were beautiful and it was such a glorious evening for her. Couples were dancing on the dance floor, ignoring the world around them. She spotted a few people that were on her year but they ignored her presence, seeming that they were busy with their partners. All the ladies were wearing beautiful dresses or gowns as others placed it and they strode in the hall with their chin held upwards. Alliyah happened to be at the side though, where the drinks and foods were located, casually leaning on the counter to relax and view the things going on. The lights were everywhere, occasionally dropping themselves on some cute couples. Alliyah gently fixed her hair, tucking in the fringes that were loosing up to get onto her face. The students that were within ten meters around her weren't exactly her age yet Alliyah did not mind. She took a brownie from the tray of pastries that were settled near. She munched on it and swallowed, letting it go through her throat smoothly.

The evening was going well and Alliyah's blue eyes darted everywhere to see all the dances. Some people were good whilst the rest needed improvement. She grimaced at the thought of herself dancing, hoping that no one would ask her out to the dance floor. The Gryffindor was afraid of getting humiliated and maybe some embarrassment would cause her to get out of the hall. She planned to decline if anyone would ask her though she doubted it. Alliyah was happy enough to see and enjoy the party much less than thinking about the silly couples dancing. The blonde ordered a glass of water and sipped the soothing liquid down her throat. She knew it was going to be a great evening. She held the wine glass that contained her water, gently moving the glass in circles for the water to swirl inside it.
<i>
</i>

Star looked at herself nervously in the mirror.This was her first year at the Yule Ball.She had never bothered to go before another reason was the lack of confidence in her looks.She had been too nervous about what people would think of her outfit.She had no limit to the amount of money but she just didn't have enough confidence to buy the kind of dress she liked.But she had decided to be different this year plus she hoped she would meet a certain someone there.She had developed a crush and it had given her that little boost of confidence.She was wearing a pink floor length dress.She liked it a lot.She had done her hair by herself and it had taken a while to get right but she liked it.She had very little jewelry on but she wasn't a fan of excessive jewelry.

She walked down the many staircases to the Great Hall.Luckily she didn't have to walk up this stairs for at least four or five hours.Her feet would probably be kidding her at the end of the night but if she wore any kind of flats her dress would be trailing along the floor.She walked into the hall and she looked around.It looked amazing and she had to hand it to the teachers or who ever had decorated the place.As always the food looked great too.The elves did a fantastic job.She walked over to the food table.She leaned against the table and looked at the other dresses.Everyone looked beautiful.She saw Kate further up the table and Star's breathed quickened ever so much when she saw Samual.She looked away quickly and focused back on the table of food.She picked up a cookie and took a bit.There was girl who looked younger then her beside her.She was wearing a lovely dress "Hey"She said smiling shyly "I love your dress"She said trying to start a conversation.Star was trying to change this year.She wanted to become more sociable.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000"> The heat on the dance floor was rising. More couples arrived - or to say more pairs - and they danced to the beat of the music. It was currently a fast one, where one could move rapidly and dance like there are no rules. Some professors were also there and Alliyah tried looking for Professor Kingsley and Professor Hayes. She had an encounter with them recently and she did hope that she would not come across them again. Both of them were stern and Alliyah was only committed to Professor A'Dare. She was such a lively professor and Astronomy never failed to lift up her spirits. Among all subjects she had, the subject about stars, galaxies, asteroids and outer space was her most adored. She made a mental note to study harder about it, once she gave up looking for Professor A'Dare. Alliyah's bright blue eyes were blazing with enthusiasm for the party and she laughed softly when she would overhear some amusing conversations nearby. The wine glass that contained her water was set a few centimeters away and Alliyah picked it up and drank the cold liquid. It refreshed her and she totally needed it tonight. The heat from the dancing students were picking up and she did not want to be caught in sweat and humid. She was glad that she wore that was above the knees, giving her skin some air to breathe. Alliyah absentmindedly picked up another brownie and bit on it whilst her blue eyes stared on the place that provided the fast music.

The second after Alliyah sighed because of boredom, an older blonde approached her with a shy look. Alliyah stood up straight and took in the older girl's appearance. Alliyah let her eyes go and up down the pink gown that she was clinging to the other student's figure. It was well done and she smiled up at her, knowing that she was conversing with an older student of Hogwarts. "Oh, you have my approval too! Your dress is stunning!" Alliyah as well beamed at the good choice that the girl had done. Alliyah also had a proud fashion sense compared to Artemis, who did not really care about what she wore but somehow looked good if fixed. Alliyah tucked a stray hair that fell on her cheek and looked at the dance floor abruptly. "Do you have a partner in the ball? You really look good you know." Alliyah was truthful about the girl's appearance, despite the shy shield she held when she approached the Gryffindor. Alliyah looked for the males her age and saw no one approach her to dance. She hid the frown of concern that she wanted to show and looked at the blonde, expecting an answer of yes rather than no.
<i>
</i>

The place was getting more packed with people and she could feel the different emotions flowing around the room.The hall was starting to heat up with all the bodies dancing on the dance floor and then people surrounding them.The song playing had a catchy beat and even though Star was the least musical in the whole family she could feel her foot taping to the beat.She was looking forward to hearing Kate play,she knew she had been practicing hard,she also hoped she was feeling okay.Star had heard about the recent events and she hoped her older sister was feeling okay.She could see teachers keeping a close eye on the mound of students in the hall.In Ireland the event closest to this would be the disco_Of course a lot of girls would be wearing clothes that rarely covered their top and bottom and they would literally be showing off all the had to offer.Of course not every girl was like that so went just to have a good time.Star had never been into those sort of things and she wouldn't know anyone if she went anyways because she went to a completely different school to every body there.She often wondered what did her parents tell the staff at their house and the family members.She didn't know who knew.Some of the staff most have guessed there was something different about them as the Moon's would often talk to their parents about Hogwarts forgetting some member of the staff would be present.It was something Star decided to find out.She didn't mind who knew as long as they kept it quiet.

Star looked out at the dance floor and she wondered what her dancing would be like.Star had never been much of a dancer,well she had never really tried dancing,she didn't exactly know if she was good at not.She had good co-ordination but she wasn't sure was that all that counted when it came to dancing.Star smiled shyly "Thanks"She said,that meant a whole lot more then the girl thought it did.Star could relax more now that she knew someone who had picked a stunning dress like the young girls though Star's was nice too.She started to lighten up a bit and she could feel her foot tapping to the beat once more. "Am no,I don't but thanks"She said her smile less shy this time.The girl in front of her was stunning and her eyes were a lovely color blue "You look gorgeous"She said "Do you have a partner?"she asked curiously.

The shy demeanor from the older blonde was thankfully fading. Alliyah inwardly beamed at her performance for her to open up. Alliyah always had this open personality that anyone can use. Either for comfort or for joy, Alliyah was always open to anything. Tonight's situation was the usual. Just like any other greetings, Alliyah was the first to open up and she was even the one to welcome the blonde! It was strange for the younger to do that, but Alliyah had the charm to make people talk normally. Also, the blonde was really pretty to be a shy girl, making it a lot cuter for a guy. Alliyah looked up at the girl, seeing that she was only a few inches taller than her. The Gryffindor returned the smile with a beam and her warm eyes searched the dance floor. She did it to tease the older blonde in a sister like fashion, for her to be a little more loose. "Thanks! I'm glad I chose this dress. I can't stand the heat in long dresses. It's annoying." Alliyah wrinkled her nose for some dramatic effect but then giggled softly at her comment. Long garments that reached the floor was not really Alliyah's style of gowns for it heated her body much faster. Thankfully, the golden cocktail dress was short enough to allow some air in her body just so she would not be cranky in the night. "No, I didn't really bother. I thought that maybe going alone would be fun too." Alliyah shrugged lamely at her comment. Knowing that she had more female friends than male friends, she thought that going out to the ball would be better if no male company was included.

Alliyah preferred to have the night her own way, rather than dancing with a male. It would be embarrassing to say, if ever she would trip. The Gryffindor did not dance too, making it even worse to get a partner. Alliyah wasn't probably the only girl thinking about it. Perhaps some younger students also had the idea of that situation happening to them. "And I uh, don't dance. I'm more into photography." Alliyah smiled slightly, her blue eyes growing with excitement as she remembered her favorite hobby. She wished that she had brought her camera along with her. Probably some good shots can be taken from here, but she doubted that even with photography, the music and her friends would distract her. The blonde was easily distracted, no matter how attached to the matter she was. "So, I'm Alliyah Jackson. Gryffindor. Call me Ally," Introduced the twelve year old eagerly. Briefly, she remembered the encounter she had with Isabella Fedele - one of her closest friends - and the Ravenclaw told her that she had a unique name. The thought made her scoff and she wondered whether this blonde would tell it to her too.

The Yule Ball had finally arrived. Octavio, as shy as he was, had not found anyone to go with. He was much too shy, and as nobody really knew him, nobody had asked him either. The young Ravenclaw didn't plan on going to this ball, but as everyone in school seemed to be going, he decided to go. On the night of the ball, Octavio got dressed in a white long sleeved shirt and black jeans, not very stylish at all. He walked down to the Great Hall alone, since everyone was already there. When Octavio entered the large hall, it was crowded entirely with students of every year. Octavio wasn't one for crowds, but he saw a chair at one of the tables that was empty and not so crowded. He sat down and watched the students dance to classical music.

The girl in front of her had a wonderful bubbly personality that could make anyone smile.She looked like someone who if she had a more sinister and cunning mind could get anything she wanted with that cute adorable smile.Star didn't think she would be like that,though admittedly that was only the first impression,the girl could be completely different though Star doubted it in this case.Star was a rather good at guessing someone's personality.From years of observing people and the different patterns for each personality she usually had a good idea of what the person was like just from a first impression,it wasn't something she totally relied on,no matter how good your judgement is,someone can always surprise you.The girl seemed fond of beaming ,something Star couldn't remember doing for a long while.The girl reminded her of herself when she was surrounded by people she knew and trusted.That had not happened for a long while though which was the reason Star was rather lonely.She was trying to change though and that she was doing "It's not too bad though I admit the night is only beginning"She apprehensive about the coming night.She hadn't thought of the heat but everybody was different and it might not affect Star in the same way as the girl "Well it can be just as much a girls night then a date"She said smiling.The Yule Ball didn't have to be all romance and couples there were plenty of single people in the school,they probably outnumbered the couples.

Star was intrigued,she herself had a slight interest in photography.,She loved taking pictures of nature.She thought it was one of the most beautiful things in the world and she loved taking pictures of anything in it. "Don't worry I'm not much of a dancer though I do love to take photographs or nature,what do you like?"She asked,the girl obviously really liked her hobby as he eyes lit up when she talked about it.Star was the same with reading,ecology and astronomy.She was in one word a total geek,nerd what ever you wanted to call it.She actually enjoyed studying. "Nice to meet you Ally,I'm Star Moon.Ravenclaw"She said smiling.Ally had a lovely name and Star almost cringed when she introduced herself.She had been told many a time that her name was unique especially with the whole Moon surname.She often wondered what had possessed her parents to name her that.Ryan,Kate and Sara were all normal names.Like most things in her family she was different. "I love your name,very pretty"She said smiling.Star's attention was briefly interrupted by the coming of a boy who looked younger then herself.He sat down on a chair but when doing so the chair moved and was on the edge of her dress "Sorry"She said politely her cheeks slightly pink "Your chair is on my dress"She said smiling slightly,hopefully she didn't embarrass the boy

"Oh yes indeed, the night is very young." Alliyah thought as she nodded in agreement. She looked through the windows, noticing that they were filled with twinkling stars. She wondered if ever she could figure out the constellations outside, hoping that she did learn something from Professor A'Dare. Although she had the urge to invite her company out to see mother nature, Alliyah averted her eyes back to the blue ones that the blonde had. They were pretty, and it almost had the same hue as hers. Alliyah had bright ones, and in the dim atmosphere around, she couldn't quite make out what tone did the other pair of eyes had. Alliyah slowly moved the glass of water that she held, before settling it on the counter to flex her fingers. "Very true. Though I prefer a girls' night out rather than a date." Alliyah drummed her fingers on the counter, silently willing herself to ignore the heat that was surrounding her. Being in a party dress was a pain, and it disallowed her body to move freely. She couldn't bend properly and such. Alliyah's manicured fingernails created a sound as it tapped on the counter of the drinks, but she barely heard it. The dance floor was now packed with people, as sweat dripped down their bodies. "I take pictures of anything. Anything mainly interesting and unique. But now, I'm uh, focusing on how the the magical cameras work. The one that produces moving pictures."

Star Moon - the name was indeed peculiar for Alliyah. Never did she hear a name that consisted of two objects that belonged to nature. Perhaps that was why she loved taking photographs of nature? Because of her odd name? Alliyah stopped thinking about the ridiculous thoughts that erupted once the blonde stated her name. "Your house suits you." Ravenclaw was the home of her closest friend, and she supposed that Star Moon was familiar with her. Or perhaps not, since she knew that Isabella only spoke to those who she was familiar with. The Gryffindor smiled at the blonde, to ease the awkwardness that seemed to be brewing up in her. "Thanks! Your name is one of a kind too! I never heard two objects of nature as a name. Regardless, I like stars so it's okay." Alliyah laughed lightly at her own statement. She found it unique, the way her parents named her Star. For a short moment, Alliyah noticed the discomfort that was across Star's face. She had a slight pink hue covering her cheeks whilst looking a nearby person. Alliyah listened to her speak, as she smiled softly at the boy who was sitting down. The Gryffindor had an idea who he was, but had no idea what his name is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back