Charms 1:5

Lyra was disappointed that the semester was almost ove because she was actually loving her temporary job as a professor.. She had two more lessons and an exam; it felt surreal. She was going to miss her students but she would also miss her colleagues. Of course, she loved being back at school with James. It brought back fond memories where she had only remembered the bad times for so long.

Lyra smiled happily at her students as they entered the room. There was a pile of pillows in the classroom again, all different than the ones from before. “Good morning!” Lyra greeted. “Last week we covered the spell Accio, which you need to be very specific in using. Today, we will be doing the opposite, the Banishing Charm, which you'll know all about if you've done the reading for the week," She usually did a small review, but had decided to see if anyone had actually done the reading this week. "Can anyone tell me the incantation for this?" She asked, calling on a student that didn’t usually answer. “Depulso! Very good, five points.” she smiled.

Lyra took out her wand, pointing it to one of the cushions. “Depulso,” she spoke clearly, and the cushion shot across the floor, only stopping when it hit the wall. She used Accio to summon it back. She moved to her desk, fluffing out the burgundy pillow and setting it down.

She turned to the students again, a warm smile on her face. "Use the spell from last week to summon a cushion, and then I want you to try the Banishing Charm to get rid of it again. This time you don't need to specify the name of the cushion when you push it away from you," Lyra sat in her desk chair, and motioned for them to begin, waiting until the lesson was halfway over before standing again. “All right, summon back your cushions. You may keep these if you like, I saw great improvements from all of you. We have one more spell that I’d like to show you today,” Lyra informed them, moving back to the front of the class.

This spell was more defensive, and she could think of a few students who would probably be happy to learn it. "Now that we have this spell down, I want to move on to the Disarming Charm. Can anyone tell me what this is?" she asked, pointing to another student that didn’t normally answer, "Well done! Yes, Expelliarmus is the disarming spell," she confirmed, motioning for the students to stand. "Alright my dears, I want you to find a partner and practice on each other, and then once you've managed to disarm one another at least once you may leave. If anyone needs any help, I will be right here," she added with a grin, letting them get on with their charms.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Two points to answer a question, please only answer if you haven't done so in a previous lesson.

Tori walked into the classroom, feeling a mix of excitement and a little bit of sadness as she realised the semester was almost over. She noticed the pile of new pillows in the room and wondered what Professor Potter had planned for them today. As the professor started the lesson, talking about the Banishing Charm, Tori listened closely, wanting to make the most of the last few classes. When Professor Potter demonstrated the charm by sending a cushion flying across the room, Tori felt a surge of excitement. She had been practicing her summoning spells, and now she was ready to see how well she could manage sending things away.

When it was time to practice, she summoned a cushion with a confident "Accio," then focused on getting the hang of the Banishing Charm. "Depulso," she said, pleased to see the cushion shoot across the room. She tried it a few more times, getting better with each attempt. When Professor Potter introduced the Disarming Charm, Tori quickly teamed up with the student next to her. They took turns disarming each other, and Tori found herself having fun with the spell. By the end of the lesson, she felt good about how much she’d improved, even though she knew she’d miss these classes when they were over.

Jasper had noticed how good Tori was at Charms, she was usually first to answer the questions correctly and master the spell quickly. Jasper wanted to be as good as her but he just wasn't, it always took him most of the lesson to successfully master a new spell. He managed Depulso just as they moved onto the Disarming Spell. He partnered up and kept having his wand taken off him to the point of wondering if he was actually a human practice dummy. It wasn't until towards the end of the lesson that he managed to disarm them back. "Woohoo! Finally!" He celebrated, happy with his achievement as he packed up and left the classroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back