Closed Chaotic Lost Possessions

Mercury Ascot

introverted bookworm 📖 | science whizz 🧪

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Mercury had a mix of emotions with the fact that his brother was going to Hogwarts. Although he was happy for his brother, the house wasn't going to be the same once he left for most of the year. Though there was one thing that Mercury was very curious about while Jupiter had been getting and packing his things for Hogwarts. And that was the wand that his brother was going to be taking with him. Mercury had been curious about his brother's wand ever since Jupiter had gotten his hands on it.

You see, Mercury had a thing for always taking Jupiter's things. And this time was no different. Mercury was on a mission and that was to try and get his hands on his brother's wand. Mercury had snuck into his brother's room while his brother was somewhere else in the house. The wand had been neatly placed on his brother's desk. The youngest brother quickly took the wand and ran quickly into his wand. Mercury quickly inspected the wand, thinking of how cool the wand looked. It wasn't long before Mercury decided to give it a wave. Though nothing had happened, Mercury frowned. He waved the wand harder, and still, nothing happened. He was about to give it another wave until he heard thumps of feet coming towards his room, and he quickly put the wand underneath his pillow and sat at the end of his bed, quickly opening the nearest book he had, and opening it at a random page to show that he was currently reading, though it was obvious he hadn't been reading due to his book being upside down.

It was finally happening. Jupiter was finally packing all his things ready to go off to Hogwarts tomorrow morning. And while he was a little nervous, mostly there was just excitement. He couldn't wait to see the massive library and be able to stare up at the stars every night and was extra excited about his Astronomy classes as well. Though he was a little worried about the sorting aspect of it all, but he was trying too hard not to think about that much. He was going to be a Ravenclaw, he just knew it. Just like his parents. And just like Mercury when he was old enough to go to school as well.

However, there were problems with his packing. Jupiter swore that he had left his new wand right on his desk, but when he returned to his bedroom it had seemingly vanished into thin air. First, he tried checking on the floor, maybe it had just rolled off his desk, but once he couldn't find it there only one other option popped into his head. Which was why he was now marching over to Mercury's room, pushing open the door without even knocking. "Where have you put my wand? I know you took it."

Mercury's eyes went wide at the sight of his older brother suddenly barging into his room. The younger brother leaned further into the wall that was right next to his bed. "Nah, uh," Mercury says with a shake of his head, in a slightly stubborn tone. "I dunno what you're talking about... I don't have your wand" Mercury says with a shake of his head. He wasn't gonna give in so easily. He was stubborn. And he was going to prevent his brother from going to school, he was going to miss him too much. "I was just here reading... the whole time," Mercury says, as he lifted his book that he was still unaware was upside down.

This was not the first time that Mercury had stolen something from him. It was like his brother made it some sort of habit to be a thief and then lie about it. "I know you have it," he pressed rather stubbornly, taking a quick glance around to see if he could spot the missing wand. But there was no sign of it. Mercury must have hidden it. "You were reading an upside-down book?" Now that sounded even less believable, which clearly meant that his brother was hiding something. "Come on, I know you took it. Give it back or I'll tell dad." Maybe it was childish to jump straight to telling a parent, but he wanted his wand back. Not to mention he needed it back for school.

Mercury was not giving this up anytime soon. "I don't have your wand," Mercury says again, stubbornly with a shake of his head. His eyes went wide and he looked down at the book, which was indeed upside down. "Yep. I'm learning a new way of reading a book" Mercury lied. It wasn't true, but he hoped that would at least convince his brother why his book was upside down. His eyes narrowed a little at the mention of telling their dad. Of course, he didn't want to get in trouble with his parents yet again, for taking something from his brother without asking. "I don't believe you," Mercury said stubbornly while shaking his head. Okay, maybe Jupiter would tell his dad, but he wanted to see what would happen before he did anything else. He wanted to watch and see it play out first before he admitted to anything.

Last edited:
A new way of reading a book. Sure. There was no way that Jupiter was believing something like that. Instead, he stood his ground folding his arms tighter across his chest as he narrowed his eyes behind his glasses. "Mercury, come on. I know you've taken it. It's not like it's just vanished into thin air. Please, I need it for school." He had hoped that getting a parent involved might add to the motivation, but apparently not. "Just give it back. Or I really will go and get dad, and then you'll get in trouble and you'll have to give it back anyway."

Mercury frowned even further, noticing his brother wasn't giving up either. He didn't like the fact that his brother was leaving him behind. The house was obviously going to be different with his brother gone. The youngest brother let out an exaggerated sigh. "Okayyyyy, fineeeeee," Mercury said as he was over-exaggerating, yet again. He gently put his book to the side and gently took the hidden wand from behind his pillow and placed it on his bedside table. "There, take the stupid wand," Mercury said with a stubborn voice, as he frowned yet again and crossed his arms like he was angry. Underneath all that, he was also trying to hide the sadness of his brother leaving, but he was hoping it wasn't noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back