Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2" Sturdy Acacia Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Mazikeen had a lot of questions about her own life, there was so much happening, so many little changes that were happening, her parents were considering adopting her cousin who was having a rough time of it with her own parents, the fact that she felt a budding attraction towards girls and the fact that she couldn’t help but be jealous of her friends within gryffindor. Her beautiful best friend Athena, or the wonderful Fleur. All people she wanted to be more like but couldn’t. The teen had been enjoying the class and keeping as positive a face on it as she could, but it wasn’t working out nearly as well as she had hoped it would. She felt frustrated and annoyed. She felt like she just wasn’t ever winning, she felt frustrated and annoyed. The girl was trying her best, but she couldn’t shake so many of these feelings that she had. The gryffindor looked up from her work, she’d been sitting in the student lounge with a few of her books around her and just trying to get the piece of divination homework she had done. She had her books and a cup of tea with the tea leaves in it so that she could do a reading from them. It wasn’t going well but she was trying, she just had to keep trying.

Amber was in a bit of a melancholy mood as the end of the year approached. She had had such a wonderful time at Hogwarts, and really considered the school her home now. Most of the people she cared about were here too, though most of them would be graduating along with her. She was so lucky to have met the people she had. She especially didn't know what she would have done without Ainsley by her side. The road to being together with her girlfriend had been a little bit bumpy, but it had also been good. Amber couldn't imagine her life without her now. But she sometimes felt like she should have taken more of an effort to connect to younger students, especially as head girl. She wanted to be someone they could go to for help, but wasn't sure if she had quite done enough of that. So when she headed into the student lounge to do some studying, and saw a girl with a divination book and some tea, she couldn't resist offering her help. "Hello, are you doing a tea leaf reading?" She asked the young girl as she approached her. "I could help you, if you want. I take divination too, and I could use the practice for my NEWTs." She hoped she wasn't intimidating the girl. "I'm Amber."

Last edited:
Mazikeen looked up suddenly when she heard a voice, a little surprised at who the person was. Maze knew who Amber, the head girl was, she knew who the head girl was of course. It did also help that they were in the heta omega together too, that certainly helped her know who she was, but why she was talking to her of all people was something else. ”Yes please,” the girl said quickly, blushing a little shyly at her eagerness, but she knew she could use the help, she knew that she could use the company too. She didn’t know too much about the older girl, only what she’d heard about her from others. It was enough that it mean Maze knew more about Amber than Amber knew about her. ”I’m Maze,” she introduced holding out her hand to the elder girl, ”Thanks for helping me out,” the girl replied gaining a little in confidence as she spoke. Amber was no different from any one else at this school. Though she was someone that Maze could easily find herself wanting to be like - though perhaps without the prefect and head girl status. She was open and out, and Mazikeen was just learning that maybe she wasn’t as straight as she thought. Her family issues just increasing her desire to re-find her identity whatever it might be. ”So, do you want a cup of tea?” the gryffindor asked. They’d need another tea cup and it would take a little time to drink but she was ready.

The younger girl wasn't entirely unfamiliar to Amber, though she didn't know her name. She thought the girl was in Heta Omega, but her name simply escaped her right now. She was glad she accepted her help. As head girl, Amber had wanted to help out younger students as much as she possibly could. "It's nice to meet you, Maze." She said, smiling. It was a bit of an odd name, but Amber mostly felt relieved that the girl introduced herself because she really hadn't been able to remember her name. "It's not a problem at all, I really like Divination, it's one of my favorite subjects." She said kindly. She nodded as the girl offered her a cup of tea. "I think that would be good, then I could help you read the tea leaves when I'm finished?" She asked her, wondering if that was what she meant. "Just for practice for the both of us, perhaps?"

Mazikeen wondered as the older girl greeted her if she should’ve perhaps said her full name and not the shortened versaion of the name. It was of course that more people called her Maze than called her Mazikeen, so it made a little sense, but perhaps she should’ve said both. In any case, that was now done, there wasn’t much more that she could do about this, they were moving on already. The girl smiled at the older girl as she said that she really liked Divination, Maze wasn’t sure how much she liked it. It was a new class that she was doing, ”I’m not sure about it, honestly, I like it but I’m not sure,” the girl replied with a little smile, ”I really like Care of Magical creatures, so the other elective I’d have taken will always be compared with that,” Mazikeen replied with a little smile and a little shrug. She had her own cup of tea and just started drinking it slowly. This girl was older and obviously had more things that she needed to do, ”What other classes did you take?” Maze asked with a little curious smile. She was interested in what the head girl had done, what sort of path she had taken. Maze knew she wasn’t ever going to follow that path, she’d never be head girl, but she was still interested.

Amber listened to the younger girl and nodded in understanding as she said she wasn't sure yet if she liked the subject yet. Amber had fallen in love with Divination immediately, because it had something romantic and exciting to it in her opinion. Trying to interpret the future was something that not everyone would enjoy, though, and she also knew many wizards and witches were skeptical of the art. "It's good that you're taking your time to figure things out. It's not always easy to pick the subjects that are right for you." Amber said gently. As Maze went on to say she really liked Care of Magical Creatures, Amber realized they were just very different. She herself had never even considered taking that subject, as she wasn't very good with animals. Amber sipped her tea, trying to get her cup empty so she could continue. "It's good that you have found something you really like. Perhaps it's something to look into, I'm sure there are many jobs out there with magical creatures." She said, knowing it was perhaps a bit early. But she herself was still not entirely sure what she wanted to do, and she was about to graduate. If she could encourage someone else to take steps a bit earlier, she would do that. "I took Ancient Runes as well, and Muggle Studies briefly but I didn't continue with that." She told the girl after taking another sip of her tea. "I enjoy Ancient Runes a lot as well, but Muggle Studies was a little basic for me. I have muggle grandparents, so I knew a few things already."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back