Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curly 14 Inch Swishy Applewood Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Caleb had laughed when Louis suggested they go to the dance together. They had both been dateless with the dance right around the corner when the idea had come up. But Louis had insisted and suddenly it be came a challenge. One that neither boy was about to back down from. Part of Caleb wanted his friend to find someone else to go with, that way he could laugh it off and blame it on the Gryffindor's bad planning and inability to commit to anything. That would be easier for him than convincing himself that going together and not just as friends hanging out at a dance meant nothing to him. He knew it was stupid. He didn't even know if he liked Louis like that. Caleb had never considered him an option. Not really. But the romantic theme of the night didn't help his confusion. He shook his head in an attempt to clear his head since it felt like it was full of the pink petals that were falling from the sky. "You'd think they'd play better music at these things." he said lazily and elbowed Louis gently.

If Louis was honest, asking Caleb had mostly been a joke. He had been rather frustrated by not having a date, but it had mostly been a way to make Caleb laugh and maybe blush a bit. He hadn’t really expected him to say yes, which was why he had pushed him. He figured the other boy would back down eventually, though he hadn’t. Now they were here together and it actually felt… a little like a date. It probably had to do with the romantic atmosphere and everything, though Louis could admit to himself he had imagined kissing Caleb a few times. That didn’t really say much, he had imagined that with most people he knew. He glanced at Caleb as he spoke, grinning. “C’mon, you know they have to play slow romantic music so the lovebirds can all slow dance.” He said, waving his arm theatrically to the dance floor. “That way even the most bumbling idiot can appear romantic.”

Caleb usually liked the Valentine's dance because of the chocolate that usually played a big part of the snack table. But the focus on romance and roses always felt a little too cheesy for his taste. If he had wanted to ask someone out it wouldn't be to something like this. Which was why being here with Louis felt so off. He rolled his eyes which felt almost reflexive around his friend. "Yeah you would need the help." he teased.

Louis sighed deeply and made a show of shaking his head. “You’re such a bad liar.” He said, nudging him. “We both know I’m extremely charming and romantic.” He said, grinning widely. Then he grabbed Caleb’s hand and took a step to the dance floor. “Let me prove it.” He said, grinning at him over his shoulder.

Caleb wasn't surprised that Louis argued his comment. But that's the way things always were with them and the strangeness of the night seemed to settle a bit as they fell into a familiar pattern. "You always say that but I've yet to see it." he said incredulously. But his aloof expression faltered at Louis' wide grin and he didn't hesitate at all as he was lead to the dance floor. Caleb wasn't going to make it easy for him and stood there expectantly. "Well prince charming, show me your moves."

Louis shook his head. “You’ve seen it, I’ve been a perfect date to plenty of people, just ask them.” He said as he stopped on the dance floor. He placed Caleb’s hands on his shoulders, then placed his own hands on his waist as he started to sway them to the music without breaking eye contact. “I’m sorry.” He then said. “I can’t believe I haven’t said how nice you look yet.” He smiled slightly, glancing down and back up.

Caleb smirked as Louis said he was a perfect but he didn't comment on that. He remembered that he had gone to a dance with Celia once. She would probably disagree. But he couldn't really ask her. Not without running a risk of getting hexed. He let Louis take his hands and place them on the other boy's shoulders. Usually he wasn't one to blink first but the it was getting harder and harder to hold his gaze. Thankfully Louis' comment gave him ample opportunity to roll his eyes dramatically and laugh. "Does that really work?" he scoffed. "Maybe the people you go on dates with are just thick..." Caleb said, lowering his voice and leaning closer to him like he was sharing a secret.

Louis knew Caleb wouldn’t admit he was charmed if his life depended on it, but the way he lowered his voice and moved closer to him was promising. Louis smiled and raised his eyebrows slightly, pausing for a moment before responding. “Yet here you are, on a date with me.” He said quietly, leaning in slightly as well. “What does that make you?” They swayed to the music like all the other couples, rose petals falling down around them. Louis had to admit this was pretty romantic, he wondered just how much it would mess up their friendship if he kissed Caleb.

Caleb had known from the start that tonight would be interesting. But he didn't think things would shift quite so quickly. Maybe in the end the romance was in the air and he was helpless to fight against it. He still wasn't sure how he actually felt about this, if it was anything at all, and maybe it was all still a game. But he glanced down to Louis' lips and didn't give his mind time to catch up to him. "The biggest idiot here." he mumbled before closing the distance between them and kissing Louis before either of them could say something stupid.

Louis’ brain had been scrambling for something witty and fun to say in response to Caleb, but instead, he noticed that the other boy was leaning in. His heart did a somersault in his chest. All he could do was close his eyes and lean into the kiss, pressing his lips firmly against Caleb’s. Even if this messed things up, it wouldn’t be his fault. Then he stopped thinking altogether and lost himself in the moment.

Caleb was a little surprised just how enthusiastically Louis has kissed him back and he tried desperately not to think about what that might mean. This wasn't his first kiss but his heart still beat frantically in his chest, like it might try and escape if he wasn't careful. He didn't want this to stop, because when it did there would be consequences and questions he didn't have the answer to. But if it never ended there wouldn't be an after. Unfortunately his need to breath won out and he pulled away. "Finally something shut you up." he said sounding a bit breathless. He felt like he had run a lap around the lawn.

Louis had almost entirely forgotten where they were until Caleb pulled away. He felt a little lightheaded, realizing he had been a bit out of breath. He gave Caleb a slightly goofy smile, that didn’t falter even as he gave another sarcastic comment. “You can’t be mean to me after kissing me like that.” He joked lightly, pulling him slightly closer with his hands still on his waist. He let out a low whistle. “Who knew you had that in you?” He murmured.

"I think it means I can be as mean as I want." Caleb joked but his entire body felt on edge. He was desperately trying to fall into their familiar way of teasing but it felt different now. He suddenly felt very exposed in the middle of the dance floor but Louis' comment grounded him and he laughed. "Maybe you don't know me as well as you think." he teased and pushed the other boy playfully when he realized his hands had still been comfortably draped over his shoulders. Caleb took a deep breath and the added distance between them, even if it wasn't much, let him think a bit clearer.

Louis watched Caleb closely for a moment, wondering what he was thinking. He wasn’t an easy person to read, but Louis knew him well. He hesitated for a second, glancing around. Louis never minded being a spectacle or having people looking at him, but he knew that wasn’t the case for everyone. “Wanna… maybe get out of here?” He asked after a moment. “I know a few more private spots nearby, and the professors are all chaperoning the dance anyway…”

Caleb knew deep down something had shifted between them. Something that had likely been threatening to break through one way or another. But right now it was small and he could ignore it. And he would. "Yes." he said quickly. Maybe a little too quickly. Caleb could feel the threat of consequences looming in his future but for now he wanted to lean into the moment and enjoy it.

Even after all this, Louis hadn't been sure Caleb would want to go with him. He grinned as he answered with a simple yes, grabbing Caleb's hand and practically dragging him out of the great hall, though not before stopping at a snack table to grab a pair of cupcakes. Making out could make you hungry, so it was best to be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back