Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
12 1/2 Inch Cherry Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
It was his last year as the president of the Brotherhood, but Abian was working as hard as ever. He wanted to make his final year a great one, and had been cleaning up the brotherhood room on his own after classes. With all the guys hanging out there, it often became a bit of a mess. Abian liked keeping it somewhat tidy, even if the house elves did most of the real cleaning. He had just been reorganizing the room a bit, and now wanted to return to the Hufflepuff Common Room. He was hoping to get some studying before it was time to go to bed.

Amaya would be lying if she said she hadn't shut down. She had spent too long trying to clean up a mess she hadn't made, tried too hard to hold on to things she couldn't have. She had been wandering around, alone most days. Kace had left her. Abian hadn't spoken to her in ages. She was just... tired. And done. She didn't know what she was supposed to do anymore. She was wandering around, aimlessly, no real intent or purpose. She was surprised then, when a door down the hall opened and who was to step out of it but Abian? Her heart throbbed painfully. "Abian?" She automatically took a step forward, but paused, unsure of how he would react. She knew she looked like death, but part of her had to wonder if that was something he would even care about anymore.

Abian wasn't thinking of much, just trying to remember what homework he had to do later. Seeing Amaya suddenly in front of him paused him in his tracks, and he blinked at her for a moment before he realized she was talking to him. He stuffed his hands into his pockets, immediately feeling uncomfortable. He knew that Kace had broken up with her, and knew she was sad. but she had still hurt him, even if the relationship that had been root of it all was now over. He had been hoping to avoid her, but here she was. "Amaya." He said, looking at her and then away. "Uh. Hello."

Amaya hesitated, taking another step back and wrapping her arms around herself. "H-hello," She murmured, looking away herself and biting her lip. What was she even supposed to say? She had tried to support Kace and protect him and he had just turned around and betrayed everything they had, and Abian had refused to speak to her since his fight with Kace. What was she supposed to do? She was so tired of caring for people that didn't do the same. She knew she was awkward, but she had always foolishly thought her loyalty was one of her best features.

Abian watched Amaya, not sure what to do now. He could see she seemed uncertain of herself, and while a part of him wanted to comfort her, he reminded himself it wasn't his place right now. He started walking in her direction, clearly intending to pass her. "I have to go in that direction." He said as way of explanation. "See you around." He added, quickening his step a bit.

Amaya winced as Abian very much ignored her. She felt very hurt, and very small. He had made several strides closer and a few moments had passed. "Please?" She pleaded, softly, unable to even look up at him. "I don't know what to do..."

Abian winced at the sound of her voice, but he didn't turn back to her. "I don't know either, Amaya. I don't know what you're asking." He told her, though his step faltered. "I don't know if I can help you." He said, shaking his head. "In fact, I don't think I can."

Amaya's shoulders dropped, and she bit her lip. "Can't you just be my friend again?" She pleaded softly. "Please?" She glanced up at him, wanting to reach for his sleeve but stopping herself. Something already told her he wouldn't listen.

Abian felt frustrated at Amaya's words, the way she looked at him like he had hurt her. When it had been her who had been hurting him. Not once had she taken any responsibility for her actions, for the way she chose to be with a guy after he'd been horrible to both Abian and herself. Every time they passed each other in the hallway, she would look at him like he'd kicked her puppy. And now that Kace had shown her how much of a jerk he was and dumped her she was expecting him to just be there again? Abian couldn't do it. "I can't just be your friend again." He said, shaking his head. "Not just like that. You never understood what upset me, and it honestly doesn't seem like you ever really tried. I can't do this, Amaya. Kace breaking up with you isn't going to magically solve everything."

Amaya bit her lip. "Abian," She sighed, taking a tiny step closer. "He broke up with me because I was trying to make things right, I asked him to talk to you," She wrapped her arms loosely around her torso. "I hate this stupid fight. I've tried everything and nothing seems to make anything better," She shook her head, reaching out this time for his sleeve. "I've fought with him more than once because of what happened then." She glanced up at Abian. "He was wrong. But he reacted the way he did because he was hurt. Not by you, or me, but because he'd just found out his father had lied to him his entire life, that he had a mother and twin, and he didn't find out because his father told him the truth but because he and Kace just happened to find each other. He was hurt and vulnerable and he lashed out, I couldn't turn my back on him. But I couldn't turn my back on you either," she sighed, shaking her head. "I've never stopped trying to make things right," she looked up at him pleadingly. "Please, isn't there any way we can make this better?" She pleaded. "I'll do anything,"

Abian frowned. "He broke up with you." He repeated. "You decided to date the guy after everything, Amaya. And you weren't even the one that ended it." He said, not looking at her."I hate this stupid fight too, but when you say it like this it just feels like you think I... I should have gotten over it by now or something. Like I'm the one in the wrong." He told her. "I'm sorry, but I can't be sad you fought with him. Not when I'm frustrated by the fact that you were even dating such a jerk." He shook his head. "Amaya, you made your choice when you got with him. You chose him, and now you can't guilt trip me because he dumped you." He said, a little bitterly. "And I'm sorry, I don't care about his reasoning. My dad died when I was a kid, it never made me punch someone." He said. "You did turn your back on me. I'm sorry Amaya."

Amaya had thought her heart had been broken when Kace had left her, but she was finding quickly that what was left was shattering. Her fingers felt like they were going numb. She let her hand drop back to her side. "I never chose anyone," She spoke softly. "I never wanted to choose between you. I thought if I could just make him talk to you, then he would apologize and you could see the Kace I used to see," She sighed, looking away and wrapping her arms around herself a little tighter. "I couldn't try to make you forget what he did when I always knew you were right, but I couldn't seem to make him listen to me either." She swiped at her eyes. "I'm sorry, I know I was wrong. I know this is all my fault." She bit her lip and stepped away, not knowing what else she could do. "I'm sorry..." she apologized again, softly.

Abian felt frustrated, bitter and hurt. He wished he could have just avoided this conversation for longer, as cowardly as he knew that was. It just hurt him to see Amaya like this, so upset but so unaware of how he had been feeling. "You chose to date him." He said as she said she never chose anyone. "That was a choice, Amaya. You keep acting like... like you had nothing to do with this, like it all happened to you rather than as a result of your own choices and actions." He said. "You refused to listen to me and didn't take me seriously." He added, feeling it again when she kept insisting she thought Kace would talk to him and that would fix everything. Again, she was acting like she had nothing do with it all. Didn't she understand that Abian didn't care about Kace or what he did, that it had been her that had hurt him? But as she said it was all her fault, he shook his head. "That's taking it too far, it wasn't all your fault." He told her. "It just... sucks." He said with a shrug, he was running out of words.

Amaya hesitated, looking up to him. She bit her lip. "I... I didn't want to choose," She murmured soflty. "I... how am I supposed to be a good person?" she asked, folding her arms tightly around herself. "I wasn't... I didn't mean to ignore you, to shut you out," she sighed, wiping a sleeve over her eyes. "The two of you were all I had. I just... I couldn't... What was I supposed to do?" She sighed, looking up to him. "I was just... trying to be loyal, supportive. And I did everything wrong. I'm sorry, I should've... I didn't mean to..." She sighed, looking away. "I really am sorry, Abian, for everything. I know I messed up." She laughed a little dryly. "I told you I'm terrible with people,"

Abian nodded. "I know you didn't, and that was what made me upset." He told her, wondering if she got it or not. "You could make more friends, Amaya. You don't have to stay with Kace just because he... was nice to you or whatever. I could introduce you to my friends, I bet they'd love you if you opened up to them." He said to her. "I can help with that." He told her softly. "But... first, are you alright?"

Amaya sighed softly. "I know... you didn't want me to forget and he wanted to act like it never happened. I was so busy trying to fix it I never stopped to think it wasn't something I could fix, I shouldn't have tried so hard to make him change. I should have just listened to you," She chuckled darkly, shaking her head. When he told her she could make friends, she wanted to deny it. How could she make new friends when she had hurt the one that had mattered the most?

But he continued talking, and Amaya felt a tiny little glimmer of hope. She peeked up at him through her hair, biting her lip. "I... I'm kinda mad at Kace. I did so much for him and it just feels like he never put in any effort. I just spent forever chasing him and it was dumb. I'm... mad at myself. Because I know I hurt you by being so stupid. And I just... I just really miss you," She admitted softly. She almost reached out for him, swaying a little like she was going to move closer, but she stopped herself.

She sighed, looking down. "I... I know it's my fault. I didn't listen, and without meaning to I chose him over you and I know I hurt you. I... I am really sorry. But I... I know I don't deserve forgiveness." She bit her lip, wrapping her arms tightly around her torso and peeking up at him again. "Abian, if... if you don't think we can be friends again, I... I understand. I'll go and never bug you again. Promise," She gave him a wobbly smile, trying to stand a little straighter and look a lot stronger than she felt.

Abian couldn't deny it was nice to hear Amaya say she should have listened to him, though he knew that wasn't entirely fair. What he really wanted was Amaya to make her own choices, but he did think choosing Kace had been a bad idea. When Amaya said she was mad at Kace and at herself, Abian hesitated. "You can be mad at me too, you know." He told her slowly. "I mean... I probably wasn't entirely fair." He admitted. When she talked about if they could be friends again, he wasn't sure what to say. He knew she missed him and he missed her too, but a lot had changed over the last few years. They couldn't just be back to being friends like nothing happened. "I don't think we can be the same as we were, right away." He finally said. "But that doesn't mean we can't... start over, you know?"

Amaya had been sure Abian was going to tell her to bugger off, she really was. But he didn't. She looked up at him, surprise clear in her eyes. "Oh, I- I mean, yeah, of course, that- I could do that," She added lamely. In a move completely unlike her, she took a half step closer. "I, um... Can... can I have a hug?" She asked softly, acting almost like the question would bite her if she spoke too loudly.

Abian nodded at her question. "Yeah, sure." He said, feeling a little awkward. They had never been the most touchy-feelings of friends, so it wasn't like a hug would be going back to the old them. But it also didn't feel entirely like taking things slowly and starting over. But it seemed like Amaya needed it, so he nodded awkwardly and opened his arms a bit.

Amaya bit her lip, she could see how unsure he looked. She hesitated, but she needed the contact. At least for a minute, her cuddly Onyx wasn't here. She stepped forward, hugging him lightly. She knew she needed more, but she wasn't going to push Abian. She moved back again, wrapping her arms around herself and smiling shyly. "So, um, what do you wanna do?" She asked.

The hug felt a little awkward and uncertain, just as their friendship did at the moment. But Abian felt a sense of relief too, he was glad they had patched things up as much as they could right now. He hesitated at her words. "Well, we could... hang out at lunch tomorrow?" He tried carefully. "Would that work for you?"

Amaya nodded, stepping back and letting out a shaky sigh. "Yeah, we can do that," She agreed, feeling her heart aching just a little bit less. She had missed Abian, a lot, and she knew it would be different than it was before. But that was okay. They were different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back