Cats

Ivori Smith

OOC First Name
Cole
There was something that kept Ivori Smith coming back to the Roses and daisies of the New Zealand garden. The fragrance was calming and there lay Ivori underneath the partially cloudy skies, staring upwards at the book she held over her face. It was a novel about a young witch learning how to change dragons into toadstools to save an entire city, and seemed quite impractical. However if she was a skilled witch aged with magic and pureblood perhaps it was possible. However this book didn't specify any of that, and there was much too much romance in it anyways...

Meow

A sound broke through Ivori's angry self-musings. The blue eyed girl glanced around the yard to see a small tuft of orange flouncing through the flowers. "What the..." The girl stood, it was a cat. There was just some cat roaming around. The onyx haired girl moved forward slowly, creeping up on the Kitty, slowly making clicking noises with her tongue to call the Aminia toward her.

Chante loved gardens. She loved them more when a particular tree, a Kōwhai trees are growing in them. Hogwarts happen to be one of the few places that didn't mind planting Kōwhai trees that usually can grow up way high. But somehow they had enchanted them so they grew short enough for students like herself to enjoy Kōwhai flowers. Seeing as they were in seasoned, Chante headed for the garden to do a little flower peeping. There were so many in seasoned, actually, not just the Kowhai flowers.

For some reason she wanted to collect a few flower pedals to bind them in a journal. She was known to do that a lot back home, well, school would be no different. As she approached the part of the garden she was hoping to find the Kōwhai trees, she noticed someone almost crouching and making some weird noise. It was the noise that capture her attention. Chante stood idly by questioning the girl's strange behavior. "Are you okay down there?"

[colorblack]Ivori could only get so close to the cat before it bounced away a short distance. The slytherin moved slowly, quietly, though if she were honest she wasn't sure what she was going to do once she caught the cat. Obviously someone had abandoned it, right? She could try adn find the owner anyways, regardless on what was going on. It didn't matter, she was going to catch the cat. "Hey kitty..." The Scottish girl spoke, before she was caught off guard by another student speaking to her. Ivori turned to her, narrow crystalline orbs falling on a tanned face. "Sh!" She shushed the girl and waved her over, finger over her mouth. "Is that your cat?" She questioned this student whom she didn't know the name of. Ivori thought most of the students looked the same, so she often didn't bother to learn names unless they talked to her frequently.

"What?" Chante would say, then instantaneously clap her hands over her lips. The lighter girl gesture to small kitten hiding underneath a small Kohekohe tree, what someone would passed as bush. Chante strode closer. "No. Sadly, I don't have a pet." The Hufflepuff girl crouched besides Ivori. Chante saw the small defenseless kitten better. A ginger, tabby looking feline with small pink nose, meowed at the pair where it took shelter. "Awe, he's cute! He's probably doesn't have an owner, I don't see a collar around it or anything." Chante called out her observation. It was to small too be domestic, but it was probably someone who hadn't collar the kitten yet. Chante grins, crouching lower. "Or he might."

The black haired girl gave a sharp glare to the student behind her when she opened her mouth again. It wasn't until she explained she didn't have a pet that the glare softened slightly. The cat was hers for the taking then. After all what kind of reckless owners would let a little kitten run around the school like that? Ivori took another step forward and crouched onto hands and knees. "Come here ya little." She grabbed at the cat and it hissed and away jerked Ivori's pale tendrils. She turned to face the girl. "You want a pet too?" She inquired, wondering if she'd tried

Chante snickered, the kitten's reaction is typically normal. What is it about the girl for the kitten to hiss like that? Intuition, probably. "I would love one, but he's not mine. What if it's owner sees us and accuse us of catnapping?!" Chante bent closer. She open her hand, outstretching her fingers out. She had her palm open, in her way to coax the kitten closer to her. "Maybe if we had something to give it, maybe it'll come. Like milk, or tuna?!" Chante tries to get him to come closer, only for him to being doing the total opposite. Crouching lower in his hiding place, making near physically impossible to get at the tiny being.

"He's not mine either." Ivori said. "But he could be if ya'd be quiet and lemme get'im." She spoke. Removing her wand she grabbed a flower wrapping it around the tip of it, and holding it out. The flower swayed back and fourth, and after a while the kitten began to bat at it and play. "Good kitty, now just a bit closer." She hummed, reaching out and grabbing the orange ball of fluff by the scruff finally. Ivori dropped her wand and held the kitten close, who made no noises even though the fur stood up. "Yes! Teach 'em not to ge me a pet, I'll get me own." The Scottish girl spoke, before looking at the other students. "You helped, what do you want?" She asked, blue eyes boring into the girl, suspicious that she'd want Ivori to turn the kitten over to a professor. "I'll alternate with you if you don't make me give it up." She offered, trying to nip her fears in the bud.

Ever since the house meeting and Oliver's big mouth nearly got her in trouble, Chante had tried to avoid getting into trouble. And this felt like the kind of trouble she would want to avoid at all cost. Think of the embarrassment they would be put through if the kitten's rightful owner turn up, out of the blue and accusing them of kitten-napping?! "Ahhhh, okay. I really didn't help you much." Chante jump to point out. She was on her feet again, staring back at the pair. "Hmm, I do want a pet. And it is pretty cute." Chante hesitantly tip forward. "And it doesn't have a collar, but maybe the owner didn't buy it yet? Or they could have simply lost it, somewhere around here." Chante frantically thought of all the possibilities on the spot. "How about we try and see if someone had lost him? If we don't find an owner, then yes. I mean, I would love to officially have a pet to look after!"

I AM SO SORRY I AM THE WORST
The dark haired girl next to Ivori was modest at least, and perhaps Ivori would have been content walking away with kitten in hand had the girl not mentioned also wanting a pet. Ivori, whom was looking away, rolled her blue orbs and then looked back to her helper. "Or maybe the person who owned it is a sh!te owner." She grumbled, petting behind the kitten's ears, and then scratching under it's chin. The fluffball batted playfully at her hand, and the otherwise unaffected features Ivori held melted into a smile. Listening to the voice of reason this other student appeared to be, Ivori finally gave in, weighing options in her head of course before doing so. Now sitting on her rear, legs crossed, Ivori reached into her bag, finding a small bit of cloth that was once her slytherin tie - it didn't remain in good condition around Troye though, whom had thought part of it would look cute in her hair. She fastened it loosely around the cat, and though the kitten at first seemed grumpy, it soon settled, no longer noticing the loose cloth. "Alright, 'ow're we gonna decide who gets it when." She said, looking to the girl for any ideas. Ivori supposed she'd made a friend considering this girl also wanted a pet.

"And you've based that on facts?" She from a family who took care of magical and sometimes abounded creatures. How can she not want a pet to call her own? Chante realize it was dumb to not want to be part of this partnership. Chante cheesed, cupping her lips as she watched Ivori dress him with a sliver and green tie. "Hey, how do you know he's not a Hufflepuff?" Chante grins happily. She was coming around quickly on owning a cat with someone from a different house. A house her aunt Briar had some terrible differences with. Times were different, or the cat the reason behind all this. "Okay, you'll take him first a couple days and then I can take him second? Until he gets used to roaming around and everything?" Chante suggested. Chante sat down besides them, she would pet the kitten's small head whenever it was preoccupied nibbling Ivori's fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back