Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Arc)
Wand
Ebony, Dragon heart-string, 9 1/2 inches
Kira felt rested for what felt like the first time in a while. She slid into a seat at the Ravenclaw table, taking a sip of her cinnamon mocha as her goblet filled. She smiled, closing her eyes and taking another long sip. This is what happened when she spent too much time with Damien. She set her goblet down and filled her plate with crisp bacon and goody eggs. She seasoned her food, smiling up at Arcturus. "How have you been, Arc? It feels like ages since we've spoken." She inquired, dipping her bacon in her egg yolks and taking a bite.

He seated himself opposite from her at the Ravenclaw table and immediately began to fill his plate with food. God's, he was starving now that he was properly awake. He had already stuffed his mouth full of bacon and eggs when Kira asked him how he was doing. Swallowing it down with a gulp of his juice, Arcturus nodded his head and smiled. ''Oh, you know, busy with homework and stuff. I've also been helping my father out with his job whilst here and during breaks.'' It felt like ages indeed and quite a lot of exciting things had happened to him in the meantime, such as his father offering him a job at the planetarium. ''What about you? I barely see you anymore nowadays,'' he said, briefly wondering if her nightmares had anything to do with that.

Kira took a bite of her food, listening as Arcturus told her what was going on. She slowly chewed a bite of her food. "That's cool! Where does your dad work again?" She asked, sipping her mocha. "Oh, I planned a wedding for my brother in law recently. It was really fun. Studying to be a doctor. I want to work in the hospital with my other brother in law, and my sister had triplets- two boys and a girl." She smiled. "This is nice, it's been too long since we've talked."

Arcturus smiled brightly when Kira told him that what he was doing was cool. ''He works at a planetarium,'' he told her, and stuffed more bacon into his mouth. He would have to thank the house-elves later for such a delicious meal. He listened attentively as she told him what she had been up to in the meantime and nodded along whilst chewing. ''You planned a whole wedding? Dang, that must've taken some time. How'd you combine that with your OWLs? And congratulations on your sister having triplets!'' the teen replied. ''It is. It is definitely my fault, though. I pretty much spent all of last year in the library to study.'' He had also been avoiding the girl in front of him a little bit, but she did not have to know that. ''So, you want to be a doctor? How come?''

Kira nursed her Mocha in her hands, listening to her friend. "Oh, that's right. I'm glad he got you in, you always were rather excited about his work," She smiled before taking another bite of her food. She shrugged as he asked how she had managed the wedding and their exams. "It was the first I've planned alone, of course, but I've been helping Tyra plan weddings at the Inn for years. I was the one that convinced her to send a special anniversary package deal to all the couples that have married there. It's become one of our most steady sources of recurring business." She admitted proudly.

She took another bite of her food, swallowing it and giggling. "And I changed it up and studied in the common room last year. Bad me," She wrinkled her nose a little. She paused as he asked why she wanted to be a doctor, taking another sip of her mocha. "I want to help people," She decided on, "It's the best way I can think of," She answered honestly, even if she knew it wasn't the whole truth.

It had been one of those surreal moments when his father offered Arcturus to work for him at the planetarium, as it would most likely give him good connections for when he would apply there as an astronomer himself someday. He took a sip from his cup as she went on to answer him. She had told him about the inn multiple times before in the past, though he never saw her talk about it with such pride. It made him smile for some reason. ''Colour me impressed,'' the Ravenclaw told his friend. He shook his head disapprovingly at her next comment, though with a grin on his face. ''Studying in the common room? How dare you,'' he said teasingly. He watched her for a moment, wondering if that was the only reason why she wanted to become a doctor. Shoving the last of the eggs in his mouth, Arcturus glanced up at the owls flying into the Great Hall. Good, that meant that they still had a little bit of time to sit and talk about the day would officially begin.

Kira giggled as Arcturus teased her. "Well, maybe I'll just study with you then," she teased. "I've been really lonely since Caelan and my other friends graduated. And Onyx has been so smitten with his new boyfriend, and Sapphire busy trying to pretend she isnt irritated with her brother ignoring her," she rolled her eyes, sipping her mocha. "It would be nice not to be so alone all the time. What do you think, study group? I have connections to a talented hufflepuff Baker, I can bring snacks." She offered, eating the last little bit of her bacon.

He would like that. Arcturus would like that very much. He could feel his envy crawl out again when she mentioned Caelan, followed by a few nasty comments he'd rather keep to himself for now. He knew that he shouldn't be so eager on spending time with Kira alone, as it only made him jealous and wish that it was him she was dating and not that stupid half-wit. He did not like that side of himself. ''You had me at 'study group','' the Ravenclaw answered, thinking that surely he could control it when they were buried in books and homework assignments. Besides, it would be nice to have someone to study with.

Last edited:
Kira giggled, tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear. "Alright, then we're agreed! Study group it is." She finished the rest of her mocha, glancing up as she noticed the rest of the school had somehow slowly trickled out of the Great Hall. "It looks like we better get going." She stood, slinging her bag over her shoulder. "Don't we have the next class together? Maybe you can sit with me," She offered. It would be a nice mix up from her regular routine.

It had been so nice to talk to her that he hadn't noticed that students were already leaving the Great Hall to go to their classes. ''Oh, sh!t,'' the Ravenclaw muttered. He quickly put the last of his bacon and eggs on his fork and swallowed it away by finishing his juice in one big gulp. Yuck. Arcturus picked up his backpack as he stood up, looking at Kira. ''Of course,'' he said, smiling at her. Swinging his backpack over his shoulders, they moved out of the Great Hall together to head to class.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back