OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12" Ash wand with tail of unicorn hair core
Kiera walked down to the lawn with a blanket in her hands. It was a warm summer day and Kiera loved it. Kiera took in a deep breath and let it out with a sigh. Kiera loved the warmth. She was dressed in a pair of blue jean shorts and a purple tank top. Her long curly brown hair was pulled up in a pony tail. Kiera pick a spot on the lawn and opened up the blanket. She slipped her shoes off and laid down on the blanket. The sun was so warm...She relaxed completely..

Andromeda had decided to take a walk to clear her head, that morning she had gone to the quidditch pitch but had spent the rest of the day in her dorm. Almost hiding. The weather was beautiful and every time she looked out a window she could see many of the female students, even the male ones wearing shorts and ti-shirts. Andromeda had sighed and resigned herself to staying indoors, there was no way she could go outside in anything less than her long denims and a long sleeve top. She still carried alot of bruises and cuts, that even the healers couldn't fix. The only time they appeared to disappear was when she was in her werewolf form, this had been one of the experiments that the Durmstrand Dark Arts professor had insisted on showing his class. How the human form of a werewolf could not regenerate if tortured but how the werewolf form could, if that were the form that was tortured.

She headed in the direction of the lawn and saw Kiera sitting out on a rug. She hadn't had a chance to speak with her since she got back, she hadn't even really seen her.
"Hey you" she smiled now, Andromeda had missed her friend terribly.

Kiera looked up at Andromeda and squeeled. She had heard of Andy's return but hadnt actually seen her yet. Kiera jumped up and hugged her friend around the waist. "Hey! I had heard you were back!" she exclaimed with a bright smile. "Its good to see you! I have missed you." she said happily. She looked Andy over and saw that despite the warm weather the girl was dressed for a fall or winter day. Kiera imagined that it had something to do with Andromeda's werewolf condition. "You know you disappered on me last year." she said with a slight frown. "What happened?" Kiera inquired. Andy had left without even a goodbye.

Andromeda should have known to expect Kiera to react the way she had, she was still unprepared for it though and didn't even have time to respond to the hug. She attempted to smile as Kiera asked her what had happened last year, Andromeda was also not well prepared for that.
She sat down on the blanket that Kiera had been on and looked up at her friend and mentor.
"It's a very long story Kiera" she let her gaze drift to the grass, some fresh herbs were growing amongst the grass stalks which made her smile. No doubt the potions and herbology professors would be out collecting as much as they could. It would feel strange this year without Professor Rambolt and Professor Keller. Two of her most favourite professors.
"I bumped into your mother before school began. Last week actually" she thought the change of subject might give herself time to steal herself for further questions.

Kiera watched as her friend sat down. There was something wrong with Andromeda. She seemed so distant and sad. Kiera sank back down onto the blanket with Andy. Before she had a chance to comment on the things she was observing, Andromeda changed the subject. "What? How did that happen?" she asked in wonder. Jacqueline was not exactly friendly.

Andromeda looked over head at an owl passing before she replied. Wondering what lucky person was getting a letter so early.
"Uhm, myself and Zuka and Mike and two first years actually were chatting down Bleak Street and she came out of a shop none too impressed with us loitering about the place, so she asked us to move on. We would have done as well only the girl, Amarante or something got really snippy with your mom" Andromeda left out the part where the girl was turned upside down, she didn't think it was something Kiera needed to hear really, "She got very rude actually to your mother. Mike recognised her and mentioned that we knew you and we all pretty much headed off after that, well the girl left alot sooner. Well ticked off".

Kiera listened to Andromeda's story expecting horror. It was not good to run into Jacqueline in an alley. Kiera frowned. She could not believe that her mom would not put that 1st year that was talking back through anything. Kiera would have expected the 1st year to have pain inflicted on her. "So nothing happened? Jacqueline just let yall leave?" she asked amazed at their luck. "What did you think of her?" Kiera wondered outloud.

Andromeda watched some more birds flying overhead before answering Kiera, she gave her a smile.
"She seemed alright really, a bit ticked off to see a whole bunch of kids just hanging around doing nothing but once she knew we knew you, she was really rather... charming. I guess it was because I haven't been around you in so long but I didn't catch the resemblence at first but I can see where you get your good looks from."

Kiera snorted. "Charming is not what I would describe her as but she can pretend to be." she said with a smile. Kiera grinned as Andy talked abotu their resemblance. "She is beautiful." Kiera admitted grudingly. "Still I am glad you all got back here in one piece." Kiera said with a shutter as she recalled her own visit with Jacqueline this summer.

Andromeda couldn't not tell her in the end, Kiera had always been good and kind to her.
"Ok, she lifted the girl upside down and bumped her head. Honestly though, I think I would have done it to her too, the girl was just rude as hell. There was so no need for it. Your mother wasn't really rude to us at all" she smiled to take the sting out of the tale so to speak, her hand went to rub her leg she was becoming weary and tired again. This happened so often nowadays, she really did have to start taking things easier.
"So what did you get up to over the holidays? Any more gymnastic competitions?"

Kiera shook her head. "I knew something like that had to have happened. Excuse her please." she apologized. Kiera noticed Andromeda rubbing her leg. She looked like she was in pain. "Andy, are you alright?" she asked, her face full of concern. Then Andy asked about the summer.

"Well I went to Caysi's house at the beginning of the summer. Her new house is actually extremely close to mine. I did not compete in a competition but I trained and I have another competition at Christmas time. Would you like to come?" she asked with a grin. Kiera purposely omitted the part where she went to see Jacqueline. She did not want to burden anyone else with her problems.

"Leg gets a bit itchy is all" she brushed it aside and made sure her hands didn't go instinctively to her leg when the pain shot through it.
"Will have to see, I would love to go and see you but depending on dates and stuff. You know the whole werewolf thing" she feigned a smile and rolled her eyes.
"Must be great living close by your friend" Andromeda would have loved to have lived close by to anyone but Essie's house was very remote which was good and practical in its own way considering her condition.

Kiera felt like Andromeda was lying to her about her leg but Kiera didnt know why she would do that. Kiera smiled back at Andy. "I understand. I hope you can come though. It would be great." she said truthfully. "It is nice to live by Caysi. I get to at least have one of my friends when I go home." Kiera said with a playful nudge at Andromeda.

Andromeda smiled and nudged Kiera back.
"So they were mad enough to make me a prefect! They must be desperate since the headmistress was kidnapped and there still isn't any word about it. I find that so strange. The papers run with just about every other crazy story but the kidnapping. I'm glad I wasn't here when it happened, it must have been awful".
She looked at Kiera trying to concentrate on anything other than the pain shooting through her leg, she would have to get up to walk about again soon. The pain got worse otherwise, she also had some medicine to take to rid herself of the phantom feelings that her missing limb evoked. Well charmed prosthetic or not, it drove her mad.

Kiera laughed. "Them making you a prefect isnt mad, its them being brilliant. Who else would be more deserving?" she asked playfully but sincerely. "The kiddnapping was awful though. I wish I knew what happened to her. Im sure you know they cancelled the tournament because of it. Cameron might have won the whole thing." Kiera said with a sigh. She had heard a bit of grumbling from him over the summer.

Andromeda smiled at Kiera though she really didn't want to say what she thought now of all Durmstrang students, even those who weren't at the school last year. She knew or at least hoped that Kiera's brother would be different but then again, Kiera's mother was a death eater, perhaps her son attending Durmstrang spoke volumes about the person he was. Looking out across the lawn again, Andromeda eventually turned her gaze back to Kiera.
"How has the school managed without her? The authorities don't appear to be doing anything at all, at least according to the silence in the newspapers. Not one has run with the story in the longest time, no leads, no trail nothing. It's almost like she disappeared off the face of the earth".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back